users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 352 353 354 ... 363 364 365
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-07 09:48:59  
I was speaking specifically about Nyame R25, which has 5% double attack.
By SimonSes 2022-07-07 10:12:22  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
The +3 stats will probably be something like this:
Bhikku Cyclas +3 (MNK)
DEF:150 HP+99 STR+40 DEX+39 VIT+39 AGI+60 INT+31 MND+38 CHR+33 Accuracy+64 Attack+64 Magic Accuracy+64 Evasion+105 Magic Evasion+109 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+4% "Martial Arts"+8 Augments "Impetus" Weapon Skill Damage+10% Set: Augments "Kick Attacks"

What makes you think they're going to stop at WSD+10%? Both AF+Relic 10% +3 pieces started at +5% at the +2 version. Now I'm not saying they are going to double it for the finished product, but since the starting WSD is already different on the base +2, there's no justifiable reason to speculate the WSD will be the same as it is on AF/Relic pieces.

And with Nyame which is already at WSD+12 on the body at r25 we can assume its going to get more as well which pretty much makes these pieces null and void apart from any extra ja stuff they have.

Nyame is going to be a harder sell on MNK vs. THF imo due to two factors.
  1. the stat difference between nyame mail vs. bhikku cyclas +3 (whenever it comes out) likely won't be as huge as the difference on the thf body. MNK cares about STR and VIT mostly, and the difference is +5 and +4 respectively on the bhikku +2

2. Nyame also has 5% double attack, so if you're using it for the WSD on the first hit, with the ftp prop, 5% double attack should solidly favor Nyame.

Harder sell for what? Nyame is not really used for MNK at all for any h2h WS (beside Final Heaven), unless you want survivability during WS, but then Bhikku offers none, so it's not really a competition. Bhikku will also be lights ahead for any crit WS during Impetus for obvious reason. MNK mostly uses Mpaca/Tatenashi/Kenda for WS. I bet we will see some huge multi attack stat on one slot (and probably some huge store tp one one too and I predict it will be general for one slot for each melee DPS other main stat like this being 13%DT and 8%WSD). None of the MNK empy+1 has native multi attack, so probably only this one slot that will get it, will be an upgrade for WS set for most WSs. I just hope it's not gonna be legs, because while that would be awesome for TP set, it would compete for WS with Mpaca, which offer PDL and MNK doesn't have much PDL from gear. Ideally it would be feet with something like TA+6% and kick attack raised to +100 (+120 or more at +3).
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-07-07 10:36:15  
Quote:
Harder sell for what? Nyame is not really used for MNK at all for any h2h WS (beside Final Heaven),

Exactly. Our empyrean body is a tp piece when impetus is up and a weaponskill piece for victory smite (also when impetus is up). If you're using raging, howling, and dragon for your weaponskills or if impetus is down then you either use mpaca's or tatenashi. You don't want nyame OR bhikku in your weaponskill sets unless you're running a relic build, so the 10% WSD is pretty darn irrelevant. Triple attack would have been much more useful than WSD.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-07-07 10:41:47  
you should be using nyame for fw ws at the very least
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-07 10:56:11  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
You don't want nyame OR bhikku in your weaponskill sets unless you're running a relic build

Nyame for Ngai, that *** always kills me in WS set. Not taking any chances.
By SimonSes 2022-07-07 10:59:57  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
you should be using nyame for fw ws at the very least

You should explain your thoughts when writing posts. You usually throw something controversial without ANY details, only to write it anyway when people start discussion with you not knowing what you are talking about.

What you probably mean with your enigmatic statement is that we should use Nyame (body I guess) because it's very small damage drop that comes with massive survivability boost and potentially skillchain bonus could even push overall damage higher, because again you probably take it from some specific scenario where you self skillchain (you like to force those too). You will probably also say it's more consistent with WSD+DA over Tatenashi's TA.

Is it really that hard to write all that in the very first post or you get some kind of satisfaction from reading posts from people asking you to explain or trying to discuss with your argument only to find out 1 page later what you exactly meant?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-07 11:29:25  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Harder sell for what? Nyame is not really used for MNK at all for any h2h WS (beside Final Heaven),

Exactly. Our empyrean body is a tp piece when impetus is up and a weaponskill piece for victory smite (also when impetus is up). If you're using raging, howling, and dragon for your weaponskills or if impetus is down then you either use mpaca's or tatenashi. You don't want nyame OR bhikku in your weaponskill sets unless you're running a relic build, so the 10% WSD is pretty darn irrelevant. Triple attack would have been much more useful than WSD.

Sorry, first I accidentally said that Nyame was a harder sell when I meant Bhikku +2 for those saying the WSD on Bhikku was good. Yes, Nyame isn't good for MNK ws due to ftp propogation, but it would be better than Bhikku due to the fact that it does have 5% DA on it. Certainly, I'd rather the TA on Tatenashi/Ken/Mpacas for all of those WS.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-07-07 11:46:08  
SimonSes said: »
You should explain your thoughts when writing posts. You usually throw something controversial without ANY details, only to write it anyway when people start discussion with you not knowing what you are talking about.
because every time i explain you want to argue with me, and i explain every time how a mean is not as accurate as a median with high variance data sets. i've made a few posts on 3/5 nyame specifically on DK and TK and you never argued about it then, SC or not.

What you probably mean with your enigmatic statement is that we should use Nyame (body I guess) because it's very small damage drop that comes with massive survivability boost and potentially skillchain bonus could even push overall damage higher, because again you probably take it from some specific scenario where you self skillchain (you like to force those too).

I don't "force" them. I can choose to completely ignore them like you, and 3/5 nyame will still compare.

SimonSes said: »
Is it really that hard to write all that in the very first post or you get some kind of satisfaction from reading posts from people asking you to explain or trying to discuss with your argument only to find out 1 page later what you exactly meant?
it's not hard to write it out, but it's the same thing every time and you argue the same idiocy every single time. personally, i just think you're annoying and tired of explaining the same reasoning to you every single time because you're incapable of understanding it or choose not to, i have yet to figure out. i'm leaning towards the former, though.
By SimonSes 2022-07-07 12:00:30  
First of all you are simply rude.
Second of all I have no idea why you pretend, that you are missing details intentionally not to provoke me, when I stopped argue with you a long time ago, like you noticed yourself in next sentence?? I'm not arguing here with your statement too and I don't have any intention to do it, but writing "You should be using Nyame for this" without any explanation at all and knowing it's kinda generally controversial statement, just sounds like you either have such a huge ego, that you think everyone should blindly follow your advice without any details or you bait people into pointless discussion. If you have made posts explaining this earlier, then it would be even easier to simply link them.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-07-07 12:14:16  
i'm not missing details to provoke you, because i really don't give a ***what you think because you are incapable of learning and only want to be right. i have explained numerous times to you why median is better than a mean in data sets, but you refuse to understand or take the time to learn, likely because the program you use doesn't give you that information.

i'm not going to go through my history and keep repeating myself to you. you're the only one incapable of grasping it, by choice or not, who knows?
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-07 13:15:07  
because every time i explain you want to argue with me
and you never argued about it then
i'm not missing details to provoke you, because i really don't give a ***what you think

You keep posting conflicting things, maybe choose one version of your story.

Like I said I stopped arguing with you about things like that long time ago. I'm just saying that writing controversial statements like this (Tatenashi is generally known to be better for damage) without explaining anything will either be ignored or people will start argue with it and you will post details (or links) anyway.

You keep being rude for no reason. I have no idea why you even argue about median and math at all, when I haven't argued about any of that and have no intention of doing it. I only asked for more info, so your post could be something more, than just "use this because".

Also I learn and I don't think sheets are better or avg is better over sims or median. You put that into your head long time ago and you are stubborn to keep believing that. I highly value both your sims or for example work done by Izanami, but you are too rabid to notice that.

I'm done now. I have better and more productive stuff to do than arguing with you about this further.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-07-07 13:27:01  
every time i explain my results and you have a spreadsheet that does anything similar, you argue.

if you don't have a tool to argue with, you don't argue. the thief and dancer spreadsheets dont' support h2h, so when i posted results about not using raging because asuran with karambit spam is better, you didn't argue.

everyone else when i explain to them my results and my conclusion is like "oh cool, okay i appreciate it." you say stupid ***like "well that's your opinion and i prefer an average" even though every statistician will tell you means are skewed.

why should i be nice to you? you ask the same ***every single time and i am tired of explaining to you when you don't learn. if you actually learned something, it wouldn't be so irritating.

bro, you literally say "well that's your opinion" when i say median is a better metric.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-07 13:37:03  
"Every statistician" will tell you that means and medians are both eequally capable of being skewed depending on your data set and what information you're looking to get out of said data set.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-07-07 13:40:58  
medians aren't skewed by definition.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-07 13:44:51  
They are if your dataset is asymmetrical and you're not interested in the middle value.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-07-07 13:52:05  
that is not a skewed median, that is you not wanting to use a median.

here is hopefully an easy to understand point that you would actually use the median in that case

https://elentra.healthsci.queensu.ca/assets/modules/types-of-data/asymmetrical_data.html
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-07 13:57:12  
The goal of the analysis of the data set in that article is to find the central tendency, or typical value. In that case, yes, you would want to use the median over the mean.

If what you want to pull out of the data is not a typical value, that no longer applies.
 Asura.Mcdoogle
user: Montigo
By Asura.Mcdoogle 2022-07-07 13:59:19  
Do you have any TP/WS sets based on median values that you’d be willing to share here Austar?
 Sylph.Wardeniv
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2022-07-08 17:51:54  
Hi friends. Boomer MNK here. Glad to see there's still a healthy contrast of butthurt sh*t-posting and 5Head analysis.

Anyone willing to post/link a rundown or lua of current BiS TP/WS sets for Vere/Godhands? Trudged through the last 10 pages with mixed results/sets that are no longer linked to gear. It looks like someone has made a good faith effort to try to keep the Community Guide updated~ish, and the answer may be as simple as that.

Any assistance is appreciated, as always.
By Nariont 2022-07-08 18:37:48  
the community guide is fairly accurate and up-to-date
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-07-08 22:28:07  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Monk_Guide
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniv
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2022-07-09 17:23:10  
Good deal - thanks!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-10 22:13:47  
Probably going to be asleep, if there's a datamine, pre-shoutout to mnk legs +2/3 (and getting the 2% 2 kicks set bonus with the body lol)
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-07-10 22:29:20  
Isn't that coming with August update?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-10 22:50:47  
If they sneak the files in early
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-07-10 23:10:20  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Isn't that coming with August update?
SO I made a pot of coffee for nothin???
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-07-21 02:56:03  
Has anyone posted recommended ws sets for gaol NMs for monk? Specifically Ngai. I’m sure many of us have seen a dead monk on Ngai wearing his ws set consisting of ryou+1, herc piece, etc and other squishy pieces. Hoping this helps invigorate people to have sets to be offensive and defensive when able
By SimonSes 2022-07-21 03:20:35  
Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Has anyone posted recommended ws sets for gaol NMs for monk? Specifically Ngai. I’m sure many of us have seen a dead monk on Ngai wearing his ws set consisting of ryou+1, herc piece, etc and other squishy pieces. Hoping this helps invigorate people to have sets to be offensive and defensive when able

Posting any sets before update is pointless. Highly possible, there will be lots of changes with empy +2.
Easiest solution until then is to just wear more hybrid pieces (Nyame, Mpaca, Kenda+1) and forget about completely optimal dps.
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-07-21 04:17:49  
My question wasn’t pointing for someone to do it now, was asking if it had ever been posted. If not, then yeah I agree, just wait to see what comes out
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-21 07:29:00  
For ngai. Strategically I’ve switched to godhands and howling fist, tornado kick precisely because those sets are much less squishy. I’ve typically running with war and cor I’ve also generally got a lot of warcry uptime.
First Page 2 3 ... 352 353 354 ... 363 364 365