iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 275 276 277 ... 363 364 365
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-11 16:06:27  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Also, Lothoro. We've been asking for the past couple pages for someone with mythic to go test it out and try new sets lol. Everyone is wanting to know about those.
I am getting on now to see if Simon's on. I just have R0 Glanz tho :/
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 16:18:52  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
No it doesn't account for skillchains. And smite averages changed very little. It's theoretical, not actual.
And if you don't want to change weapons I'd go full time godhands. Which is reasonable. Changing weapons (mid fight) is really crossing the line for min/maxing.

Smite averages changed very little? from what I'm seeing. They've changed drastically. Which in turn changed SC damage as well.

It only gained ~2 fTP total. Spikes =/= average.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-11 16:20:08  
Tomorrow I'll get solid #'s, but with 3k TP I did Ascetic's consistent 15k (zero buffs, no berserk). 1k and 2k were both around 11k.

Sorry, gotta run. I'll get up with Simon tomorrow so he can do the math thing, I'm just a weak-*** eyeballer ( ._.)
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-11 17:03:01  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
I still having some curiosity for godhands during zergs. Any good quality zerg or good quality tp burn usually have a WAR for savagery. Tornado kick & Raging fist scale better with the FTP than VS.

At 2K + impetus up Vere wins that is clear
At 3k + impetus up will be a close-one. VS do not scale good with TP.

Even if everyone knows this: 500 tp-bonus godhands + 250 tp-bonus earring + 700 tp-bonus savagery = 2450 TP on a zerg/High-end TP-burn. You will be mega buffed so the "TP-OVERFLOW" will happen mostly you will be wsing AT 2800-3k most of the time

Using SIMON FTP test

Raging fist at 3k = 3.77 * 5 = 18.85, 22.62 DA, 26.39 TA. VS have higher STAT-mod but the FTP RF at 3k is scary

Tornado kick at 3k = 4.55 * 3 = 13.65, 18.2 DA, 22.75 TA. Footwork + having higher Stat-mod RF.

Victory smite = 1.51 * 4 = 6.04, 7.55 DA, 9.06 TA. The 70 extra STR + 10% VS r15 + most of the hits will be critical + tremendous boost on white-damage.

What about howling fist ;)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 17:11:49  
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
What about howling fist ;)
Quote:
Howling Fist
mod: 20% STR, 50% VIT
fTP:
1000 - ~2.05
2000 - ~3.58
3000 - ~5.7
2 hits. Replicated fTP .
Imagine 2x Triple Attack proc on this at 3000TP... 34.2 fTP XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-11 18:48:51  
Will someone get in contact with Byrth and inform him that Monk is great again? I know he’s been waiting for this day for a long time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 19:13:25  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Will someone get in contact with Byrth and inform him that Monk is great again? I know he’s been waiting for this day for a long time.

He knows.
Byrthnoth;7263737 said:
Sounds like they made fTP gorgets/belts work for all those WSs. I don't remember how many they already worked for, but that's not an insignificant boost to Asuran Fists, Ascetic's Fury, Stringing Pummel, etc.

Keep an eye out/Drop a like on this thread
Jp asking about why final heaven wasn't buffed that I quoted earlier
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-11 19:48:11  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

He knows.
Byrthnoth;7263737 said:
Sounds like they made fTP gorgets/belts work for all those WSs. I don't remember how many they already worked for, but that's not an insignificant boost to Asuran Fists, Ascetic's Fury, Stringing Pummel, etc.

Keep an eye out/Drop a like on this thread
Jp asking about why final heaven wasn't buffed that I quoted earlier

Not boosting final heaven made R15 Spharai more of a waste now than it was when MNK sucked. It was actually a pretty decent weaponskill compared to other options.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 19:50:18  
I mean that's kind of the point. They keep trying to move on/away from it. it's clearly not what players want. It's gonna take some bitchin' to get another round of blanket relic upgrades.

They need to be reminded again that you like your og shinies.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-11 19:51:36  
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
How is Ascetic's Fury post update, still crappy? Is today the day I can finally take Glanzfaust out of my mog safe or does it still lag so far behind the other RMEA options that it's laughable? (Guessing its the latter considering victory smite got so much stronger and the gap between Glanz and Vere/Godhands probably just got even larger).
the only change fury got was fTP transferring. it didn't get a change in WSC, fTP or crit rate
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-11 20:12:25  
Aww Final ***wasnt buff we’ll be ok.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-11 20:22:27  
I was extremely doubtful that FH would get improved before the update, because, like all relic ws, they operate the same (tp overflow useless, one hit, horrible modifiers). The fact they purposely left it out should be taken as a sign that they are going to improve all relic ws later on at some point. That, or they’re not touching them at all, and didn’t want Spharai to be the only relic that was improved. Either they all suck or they are all good. No in between.
By Nariont 2019-10-11 20:26:53  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
the only change fury got was fTP transferring. it didn't get a change in WSC, fTP or crit rate

Bit of a shame there, that ws could have really used a boost like the others got, SP i think ended up the same way, no changes other than ftp transferring

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-11 22:09:21  
So out of curiosity, what is MNKs standing now on the DPS scales with this update? Shouts we’re lit up over it a little while ago and now I’m curious too

Post deleted by User.
By Mrgrim 2019-10-11 22:20:26  
Has anyone tested the new plague values for Shijin Spiral? Ballista doesnt seem to be available every time i log in :/

Also I believe mnk should do better damage over time. On the Erinys video I posted. In the beginning of the vid, the parse window is from a Schah fight we fought before Erinys. Dayone was on DRK, and he's got a pretty decked drk. I'm sure if I parse against him I should keep up with him.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-10-11 22:47:10  
Did I understand wrong, but doesn't WSD+ apply to all hits on H2H weaponskills now? Shouldn't we be piling this stuff on?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 23:04:25  
You understand wrong. replicated fTP doesn't mean WSD works on all hits.

And I'm pretty sure they didn't change the plague. I WANT them to, but I doubt they did.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-11 23:24:51  
If anyone wants a good strategy for quick wins on ambuscade.
We do normal for 2 min fights or less.

Mnk, Mnk, Mnk, Geo, Bard, Whm (If all Vere mnks. You should be done in 1min)

All the subtle blow he never spawns steward adds. Camp up next to a small moogle and impetus, focus and whatever else. And let white damage work him all the way down. Amnesia will be on the whole fight so try to get AM3 up at the start for 19k crits here and there. I say this because you'll be killing so fast that his aura will never leave the whole fight. I have no idea if this method works for when they're moving around. Hopefully can try later.
 Siren.Codegen
サーバ: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2019-10-12 01:05:49  
Since people were asking about Glanzfaust, using R15 and soloing with 5 trusts (sylvie, king, ulmia, ygnas, qultada) on Belphegor, he died in a single self-skillchain: ascetic's fury 31301 for AM1, Victory Smite 43702 => skillchain light 48441.

I have spharai R5, vere R9, glanz R15 and godhands R8, before the upgrade I was very impressed by spharai in low buff scenarios (tey are my favorite for soloing omen to farm crystals, a lot faster than others as enemies just die in a few punches from the triple damage and you start damaging groups with counters), and very impressed by glanzfaust both for VS and Asceic (I had some 45k+ ascentic before the upgrade if AM and crits processed).
I have not been too impressed by vere before the update but had not tested them much. Even karambit feel more special given that they let you self-skillchain more effortlessly.
The update is making me like godhands a lot more, I often want to use shijin for the added plague and it tends to be 15k now which is a lot better than before, and the tp bonus on RF is really nice now that it does 55k-85k

Btw I get to 9600 hp in reisenjima, 5600 with just mantra and hp gear (ones monk can actually wear, not those rings :P), and inner strength is awesome, 100% counter and all that ma hp and HP cured automatically and you can still refill it with chakra
[+]
By geigei 2019-10-12 01:36:14  
Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
purely anecdotal, but i tied parse at 50% against a liberator drk who is very well geared on kin just a while ago, so we're definitely right up there with the war/drk/sam crowd now.
Kin is the worse target to parse on fyi.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-12 04:33:42  
Excellent. I was a MNK main in Delve era right before every WS except H2H was upgraded to broken levels (except Rudra which was quickly scaled down a bit). Will be nice to take up the Punch again. King of White Damage and now finally good with WS Damage? I’ll take it
By SimonSes 2019-10-12 05:06:50  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
. King of White Damage
king of white damage is actually Ukonvasara WAR
By eeternal 2019-10-12 05:44:11  
Having mixed thoughts honestly..

I feel its better to spam TK even with vere during impetus at 3k TP..

Footwork+Impetus+TK is deadly.. been getting 70k-99k.. but remember holding 3k TP, while a sam can fire off fudo at 1k tp for 50k x3 dmg is stronger..

I think the most suitable thing for mnk is 2-3 mins zerg fights with smn or war for warcry, then it will be pretty much on top..

This is just what i feel.. no data to back it up.. testing apex crabs 2 hrs today

Hope Simon can finish off Godhands testing ;p
By SimonSes 2019-10-12 06:30:41  
Im out today for most of the day and also LoL Worlds group stage ia starting today :P

Im not "testing" Godhands tho, unless you mean in sheet.

I will post a summary what I think about optimal use for weapons tomorrow, but I can tell you right now that optimal use for godhands is to hold tp to 1500 when you use RF or Tornado and for Veret its 2000.
By eeternal 2019-10-12 06:37:57  
yeah I meant in sheet.. appreciate it and goodluck
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-12 08:04:16  
SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
. King of White Damage
king of white damage is actually Ukonvasara WAR

Normally I would object because MNK DMG works out to be around the same DMG as Polearm or Great Katana but basically Dual-Wielded...

But Ukon gets a similar effect thanks to 100% DA combined with 50% Triple Damage from capped Aftermath and you have a recipe for hilarity. I don’t know if it counts though because of Allmighty Chango but even so I forgot all about this haha.

So other than Super-Ukon, MNK should be top in White Damage
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-12 08:30:19  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Simon do you have an up-to-date spreadsheet with the new FTP carry and base FTP properties for the WS?

Granted it's quite easy to update tbf, but my spreadsheet is so old regardless of that... I'd rather get one that's more up to date.

I'm in the process of updating it.
Don't forget to post it Simon, whenever you'll feel it's ready to be shared <3
First Page 2 3 ... 275 276 277 ... 363 364 365