New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 270 271 272 ... 363 364 365
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 04:08:34  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
A MNK without Mighty Strikes + Warcry did 83k damage look the last page

Im not toxic i just laugh when people try to be smart and fancy using bold letters for no reason.

83k was Raging fists not Asuran and it was with boost, which boost ws damage by like 40-50% and it was with escha buffs. I already wrote to dont jump into conclusions about this number, because its under special buffs and nowhere near "normal" and you did exactly what I said not to do.
By Aerix 2019-10-10 04:12:45  
Spaitin said: »
Aerix said: »
Any job other than MNK and PUP using Karambit isn't going to work out that well to begin with as they have zero Martial Arts without subbing /MNK. 2x Mache Earrings+1 aren't exactly going to cut it.
Unless they have a dnc with haste samba up at all times. But for the most part you are correct.

Bring a DNC to maybe do 99k AFs vs. bringing any job while doing 99k Resos. I just don't really see the benefit unless TP gain with Karambit+MS is really worlds better or you are in dire need of blunt damage. A zerging WAR is going to get enough TP within the blink of an eye anyway. TP overflow is also pretty much wasted on AF, too.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:14:25  
Any job other than MNK and PUP using Karambit isn't going to work out that well to begin with as they have zero Martial Arts without subbing /MNK. 2x Mache Earrings+1 aren't exactly going to cut it.
Unless they have a dnc with haste samba up at all times. But for the most part you are correct.

Bring a DNC to maybe do 99k AFs vs. bringing any job while doing 99k Resos. I just don't really see the benefit.
Not saying it would be ideal. Just a new toy. And if they buffed the mods on AF or increased FTP then you POSSIBLY might be able to guarantee 99k on h2h weak mobs. I doubt it thought. never know unless you try.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 04:18:02  
Guys seriously. There is 0 reason to be talking about 99k asuran. I call 50-60k top.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:22:04  
SimonSes said: »
Guys seriously. There is 0 reason to be talking about 99k asuran. I call 50-60k top.
How did you account for the fact that they changed more than just the FTP transfer? what formula did you use? you are making a LOT of assumptions. They also made FTP transfer on raging fists apparently. How did you calculate that?

Several bonuses that only applied to the first hit of the following weapon skills will now apply to all hits.

In line with the above adjustment, The damage adjustment value is now spread evenly across all hits for the following weapon skills.
The potencies of the following weapon skills have been increased.

Asuran fists got 3 buffs, not just 1. raging fists got 2 changes (not sure if they are buffs yet).

Will it make either of those be 99k options against piercing weak mobs on MS. doubt it. But they changed quite a bit. Basically all of you old calculations and averages are worthless. Everything has changed on H2H. Your spread sheets and sims no longer apply. Spreadsheets are broken on mnk now. if there was a sim it is also broken. Have to rework all WS calculations and possibly gear sets.

It sounds like you are assuming ONLY ftp transfer changed. Which is kinda silly since they said they made three changes for AF. If only ftp transfered then your 50-60k estimate might be about right. However that isnt the case.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 04:30:37  
Mrgrim said: »
Asuran went up by around 25-30% It seems. I used to deal to Belphegor consistently 19-20k, now it does up to 26k

Im not making an assumptuons actually. Im basing my comments on this one. Mrgrim is not a noob monk. He has very good gear. This mob is already weak to blunt and thats with Escha buffs. MNK has higher pdif than WAR so you only advantage would be +1pdif from crit and around 50%crit damage. So around 85% increase in damage vs Asuran from monk.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:31:33  
This is basic testing for WS damage average.

THey made three changes to quite a few WS.

What is the first change
What is the second change
What is the third change.

If you dont know those changes then you cant fix your sims or spreadsheets.
Old gear sets that used to be BiS may no longer be BiS.

For all we know one of those changes is making gear WSD transfer to all hits.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:34:07  
Asuran went up by around 25-30% It seems. I used to deal to Belphegor consistently 19-20k, now it does up to 26k

Im not making an assumptuons actually. Im basing my comments on this one. Mrgrim is not a noob monk. He has very good gear. This mob is already weak to blunt and thats with Escha buffs. MNK has higher pdif than WAR so you only advantage would be +1pdif from crit and around 50%crit damage. So around 85% increase in damage vs Asuran from monk.
That is still assuming. We dont know if his old set is STILL the ideal set for boosting asuran fists damage. What if they have a 50% str mod you can abuse? What if they changed the ftp value. New gear sets might change that 25-30% increase to 50-60%. What if they made WSD transfer to all hits. They did say stuff that only applied to first hit now applies to all hits.
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 04:45:08  
Just did mighty strikes asuran fists on belphelgor. Dmg was 48414,48486, 48651, 48603. My war is decently built, I don't have empy boots or a yetshila +1 for mighty strikes, but yeah at most this would do mid 50s to low 60k dmg? I prefer using reso instead if using mighty strikes lol.

PS. I'm very doubtful MS asuran 99k is doable.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:48:44  
Just did mighty strikes asuran fists on belphelgor. Dmg was 48414,48486, 48651, 48603. My war is decently built, I don't have empy boots or a yetshila +1 for mighty strikes, but yeah at most this would do mid 50s to low 60k dmg? I prefer using reso instead if using mighty strikes lol.

lame, was hoping for a fun new toy. did you try a 3k raging fists? I always got better numbers out of that and they did make some changes to it.But this is probably a discussion for war thread.
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-10-10 04:57:48  
Can't say I'm overly impressed thus far.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 04:58:22  
My assumption was very safe and looks like i was right. Now for Raging fists I can see potential for 99k here, because you take advantage of WARs DA here and RR is probably still much stronger at higher TP so Savagery will also help.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 05:02:22  
Ragnarok.Inx said: »

Like i said before update, monk needed only a small boost to WS to be competitive. You still has tons of white damage. Looks like boost to shijin is significant tho and Godhands might be really good. Im going back to testing Raging fists soon.
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 05:04:41  

lame, was hoping for a fun new toy. did you try a 3k raging fists? I always got better numbers out of that and they did make some changes to it.But this is probably a discussion for war thread.

Did at 3k RF on Belph with war, did 66k dmg with karambits,so I'm sure you can do a 99k MS/BR RF on undead or anything blunt weak. Furthermore Asuran Fists still caps at 33k dmg on belph with karambits, same as when I tested it on my monk which capped at around the same. We gotta emember that these values are at capped attack.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 05:10:01  
8.1k on first hit of AF with MS and this set against rabbit. ItemSet 368981

So like 64k with all hits. so looks like my guess about right with 60-70k. will reset and figure out how I want to do RF. So obviously more has changed than ftp transferring.
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 05:10:25  
Ragnarok.Inx said: »

Like i said before update, monk needed only a small boost to WS to be competitive. You still has tons of white damage. Looks like boost to shijin is significant tho and Godhands might be really good. Im going back to testing Raging fists soon.

Agreed on Shijin, the plague effect seems definitely stronger now. I did VD ambu earlier, and moogle did a tp move roughly every 45-50secs. Had to Merit it so I could use with vereth, since AM3 white dmg is extremely helpful in pushing the moogle down during amnesia phase.
By Ruaumoko 2019-10-10 05:14:48  

My average for Tornado post-update has been 50-60k but this was my new record. Only had trust NPCs out and Shell Crusher was used at the start of the fight. Likely a Double/Triple Attack proc, I'd be interested to see how Glanzfaust stacks up.

ItemSet 361806

EDIT: For some context, this is what the same set was doing when the WSD bug was a thing. This was in a full party with full support.

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 05:23:49  
So, how did this change affect the tier list of weapons?
Previously it was something like this, barring niche situations were the order was different

R15 Vere > Sagitta > R15 Godhands = R15 Spharai > R15 Glanzfaust

Now... I'm afraid Spharai is a bit behind and Godhands clearly is ahead now, maybe Godhands ahead of Sagitta too? All these new WS logic should benefit much more from Godhands' TP bonus, plus Shijin Spiral even got better and that 10% bonus on R15 will mean something now.

On the other hand Glanz's AM3 should be much better now? I guess it got closer to Spharai?

Not sure where to place Karambit.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-10 05:28:04  
So is it good enough for me to sub back to the game?!
By Nariont 2019-10-10 05:28:41  
Too early to say, best to wait til new values are placed.

In response to both of you i guess
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 05:32:08  
Asura.Sechs said: »
So, how did this change affect the tier list of weapons?
Previously it was something like this, barring niche situations were the order was different

R15 Vere > Sagitta > R15 Godhands = R15 Spharai > R15 Glanzfaust

Now... I'm afraid Spharai is a bit behind and Godhands clearly is ahead now, maybe Godhands ahead of Sagitta too? All these new WS logic should benefit much more from Godhands' TP bonus, plus Shijin Spiral even got better and that 10% bonus on R15 will mean something now.

On the other hand Glanz's AM3 should be much better now? I guess it got closer to Spharai?

Not sure where to place Karambit.

Godhands was already best for Impetus down. Now it should be much better, especially if you decide to use footwork outside of Impetus (which is probably ideal for non zerg scenario). I still think it's too early to say tho. We need to know everything with details first.

Its probably still Veret for Impetus and Godhands for Impetus down, which ironically would mean I was right again :P

You underestimating Glanz before update. It was actually 2nd after Veret for Impetus up pretty much the same as everything beside Godhands for Impetus down (the difference between all options beside Godhands were very close). Now with AM3 Glanz should easily pull above Spharai and Sagitta. Not sure about Veret and Godhands, because they were buffed too. No idea what they did to Ascetic too, it's possible its some hardcore WS now :P
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 05:37:33  
Are you sure about that?
I remember getting the same results on the spreadsheet, but the Simulation was showing Vere being ahead Godhands even with impetus down

edit:
Maybe I'm mixing things. I think simulation probably showed Vere being above Godhands period, but the result was an average of both impetus up and impetus down.

Are you saying people should weapon swap between Vere and Godhands, Simon?
By Nariont 2019-10-10 05:38:49  
Anyone tested mnk mythic ws to see if its still terrible?
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 05:40:08  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Are you saying people should weapon swap between Vere and Godhands, Simon?

If you care for min maxing then yes, for sure.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-10 05:41:38  
#DownWithVere
#RiseGodhands
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wubbabear
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wubbabear 2019-10-10 05:56:04  
So I just started over with 5 boxing was thinking about doing apoc drk for a beginner strong dd since apoc is decent but with the monk update do you think relic monk would be better?
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 06:18:59  
50k average on war at 3k tp with raging fists. using basically a reso set. Might not have had capped attack. used to be like 34k with a spike.

99k raging fists with mightystrikes on bats with 2kish tp before tp bonus added. (basically 3k).
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 06:45:52  
Did some further testing on belphelgor, my usual asuran ws set yielded 33k dmg as previously mentioned with the odd 37k here and there using karambits. Then swapped adhemar body +1 to malignance body, dmg went up to 36.6k with the odd 42k dmg, then switched neck +2 and moonbow +1 with the fotias and dmg stayed the same. Then switched back to neck +2 and kept fotia belt, and dmg went up to 37.7k along the odd 43.5k dmg asuran.This makes me think that 7/8 hits landed and the odd spike up seem to be 8/8 hits. Also noticed that I get slightly more dmg when swapping moonbow+1 for fotia, anyone else can confirm this also?
By Nariont 2019-10-10 06:46:58  
You wont MA on asuran so assuming replicating ftp makes sense
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 06:58:07  
I'm trying to rework my sets as well, wondering where to put Fotia.
I think Fotia x2 is likely for Asuran and Shijin.
Previously I had Neck+2 for Shijin, it's "only" DEX+15 though.
Granted it's a huge loss of acc though, so you have to consider that.

As for the other WS I'm still wondering. I'm looking mainly at the WS that are more than 2 hits, so Tornado Kick, Raging Fists and Victory Smite.
Very skeptic on the latter, it could be worth to equip at least neck for the first two.
Doubtful on the belt though, given the very nice base stats and the TA+8.
First Page 2 3 ... 270 271 272 ... 363 364 365