users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 269 270 271 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-10 02:09:43  
Shijin Spiral performs well. It was always just a hair away from being decent, now it's good as a 3-step light with Smite.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 02:14:28  
Mrgrim said: »
boosted raging fists for 83k

Before people start screaming. 83 is not broken. Its inside reisenjima and boost adds almost 50%dmg and he has top gear. It was almost possible to do that much before update.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 02:17:29  
We need proper test for everything. This is a mess so far XD
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 02:24:10  
SimonSes said: »
I read that completely differently. I read that as It's a MNK update but the big thing is adjusting certain h2h WSs, so PUP will benefit from this too. End of WSs topic. Now since its a MNK update, MNK will also gets new traits and adjustment to his traits not connected to WSs at all, but we will see and not like our guessing is important anyway lol. Lets just wait a week with raising hype :)

Btw Buuki I was 100% right :P
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 02:33:27  
Howling fist is pretty bananas, I don't even have all the gear to make it good and its still good.
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 02:33:37  
We need proper test for everything. This is a mess so far XD

lmao I agree man. Was testing shijin on belph, to see what has changed. Prior to update I would at most do 37k with R15 godhands and an average of maybe 27k. Tested it earlier and dmg has definitely gone up on capped attack. saw 41k, 35k, 39k, 54, and 62k shijin. It seems that shijin can pack a punch when mulithit procs. And like you said, proper testing will be better to see what new values are.
 Leviathan.Eloc
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2019-10-10 02:56:46  
Messed around with GEO/COR/BRD on Ra'Kaznor Apex Bats, non-master, non REMA, using Karambit. With Impetus down, Tornado Kick was my highest damage on average, even without Footwork, about 35k. Asuran Fists was about 28k, Shijin Spiral around 25k, Raging Fists about 22k, Howling Fist about 18k. Seems like a very nice bump for MNK damage.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 03:09:52  
Meh just let pup have what they get, they need it. MNK and PUP really aren't getting invites at all let alone fighting over slots.

Karambit MS WAR though I can't wait to see it.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:11:24  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
Im "Salty" happy Karambit should locked to MNK&PUP to avoid sad scenarios happen.

WAR during ZERGS will hit 99k "easy" Karambit MS asuran fist, with 100% DA and not STP penalties they will be better than MNK......
PUP will beat MNK because the "pet damage"

"Lets farm omen guys". Im going MNK that got buffed. Sorry dude can you come on PUP instead? is almost same damage but with more utility

"Lets farm Dynamis wave 3 guys". Can you come PUP same reasons

PUP should lose -25% self "damage dealt" as soon the automaton is "out" to avoid this scenarios happen.

i dont think it will 99k. on war tbh. ill probably test it out fairly soon though. I am thinking probably in the 60-70k range. you need 12.5k per hit during MS to get 99k. With crit dmg gear it MIGHT be possible. ill test it out on a rabbit i guess. AF still has really bad mods.
By Aerix 2019-10-10 03:11:56  
Im "Salty" happy Karambit should locked to MNK&PUP to avoid sad scenarios happen.

WAR during ZERGS will hit 99k "easy" Karambit MS asuran fist, with 100% DA and not STP penalties they will be better than MNK......
PUP will beat MNK because the "pet damage"

"Lets farm omen guys". Im going MNK that got buffed. Sorry dude can you come on PUP instead? is almost same damage but with more utility

"Lets farm Dynamis wave 3 guys". Can you come PUP same reasons

PUP should lose -25% self "damage dealt" as soon the automaton is "out"

You're really underestimating the difference MNK's vastly better equipment choices and JAs/JTs make--especially Kenda+1 for Crit/TA, which synergizes extremely well with Karambit. Heyoka+1 is nowhere close.

Just because both MNK and PUP can use Karambit doesn't mean PUP will output anywhere close to the same amount of damage. The Automaton also gains zero benefits from that weapon and cannot be buffed by by the standard Samurai/Chaos/Songs/Indi-Fury.

Karambit is an excellent weapon for MNK, but for PUP it's just starter-tier. It won't beat the alternatives such as KKK.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 03:33:37  
Just tried VD ambu with my usual MNK COR WHM BRD RDM GEO setup, Vere's AM3 is so good for when the moogle pops 1h and the ensuing amnesia aura.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 03:34:18  
WAR during ZERGS will hit 99k "easy" Karambit MS asuran fist, with 100% DA

ahahahahahaha This shows how much you know seriously. 100%DA on 8hit WS....

First of all WAR has 3.7 pdif cap with H2H. MNK has potentially a lot but realistically you can go for 4.18-4.5 depends how many Malignance you will use and still cap pdif (Malignance is the best gear here, assuming it's still has crappy 15% STR/VIT and you take advantage of PDL)

WAR obviously will have no effect with DA
So the only thing that will boost damage is +1 pdif from crit and lets say ~50% crit damage if you really make a crit damage set for it.

So lets say max with Karambit on MNK is 35k at regular 3.8Pdif
With MS and 50% crit damage on WAR you would get around 64k then. Its NOWHERE near 99k. It would need to be doing 55k on MNK to be doing 99k on WAR's MS.

EDIT: I have just read the end of your comment about PUP. rofl... You must be a troll XD
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 03:38:09  
Asura.Kusaregedo said: »

imgur

r15 spharai on apex crabs and jagils. trusts koru, qultada, joachim, yoran. red curry bun.

not sure if this helps with this level of buffs, but just a quick 5min per ws test to show some numbers.

never did figure out how to post images here

When you use Imgur, right click your pix and click "view image" use that link.

By Ruaumoko 2019-10-10 03:38:10  
With minimal buffs from Trust NPCs I am still seeing a pretty substantial increase in WS power.

Just not sure what the cause is yet.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 03:40:23  
Ruaumoko said: »
With minimal buffs from Trust NPCs I am still seeing a pretty substantial increase in WS power.

This posts just get better :D They improved WS damage and you see WS damage improve. How shocking :D

Im doing a proper testing but I have kid that Im taking car eof so its hard. Raging Fists first, then Shijin, Vsmite and we will see.
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 03:43:33  

I'm curious also. Could be multihit procs that cause those spikes on certain ws?
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:45:31  
ahahahahahaha This shows how much you know seriously. 100%DA on 8hit WS....
they were pretty obviously referring to the TP gain phase.
Spaitin said: »
with 100% DA and not STP penalties they will be better than MNK......
While i do dissagree with them on the 99k. The TP gain on war/sam with karambit will basically only be viable during MS with a dnc in the party for haste samba. It however very well might be better than mnk because unlike mnk you can skip the bad parts of martial arts.
This posts just get better :D They improved WS damage and you see WS damage improve. How shocking :D
You also need to reread the update. It is worded in a way that implies multiple WS got buffed in different ways than just transfering http://fTp. So a few might have to have their mods or base FTP changed. I.E if AF is now a 50% str 50% vit mod then stacking str or vit is another way to buff it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 03:46:18  
Mrgrim said: »

I'm curious also. Could be multihit procs that cause those spikes on certain ws?
he means that he doesn't know which reason is the one they're increased.

Be it replicated fTP
Increased modifiers
Higher fTP
or a combination of them

Obviously multihits are going to make big spikes now.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:51:07  
to be fair making AF do 99k every time wouldnt actually be much of an improvement for MS zergs on war. You can get reso up to the high 80k's to low 90k's. I am just thinking about AF for vinipata zergs to be honest. can skip going /mnk since karambit gives war AF without having to unlock it. Would have to have a haste samba dnc in party to really make it effective. If your first attack round happens slighting before end of animation you could actually skp the haste IF i can get a 1 attack round build on h2h with MS war.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 03:55:14  
nvm war can't use that~ (maxentius)
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:56:42  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
nvm war can't use that~ (maxentius)
I am still super mad about that. Would have been the end all be all for blunt dmg on war.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-10-10 03:57:07  
Im doing a proper testing but I have kid that Im taking car eof so its hard. Raging Fists first, then Shijin, Vsmite and we will see.
Busy with kid but has time to trash talk but does not understand people's sentences correctly. Maybe focus on the kid 1st, then the test 2nd, refreshing this thread 3rd, and finally maybe read and figure out what people actually posted.

P.S. - I liked your comment about needing proper testing because we do need it but we also don't need this.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-10 04:01:10  
Any job other than MNK and PUP using Karambit isn't going to work out that well to begin with as they have zero Martial Arts without subbing /MNK. 2x Mache Earrings+1 aren't exactly going to cut it.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 04:05:29  
Aerix said: »
Any job other than MNK and PUP using Karambit isn't going to work out that well to begin with as they have zero Martial Arts without subbing /MNK. 2x Mache Earrings+1 aren't exactly going to cut it.
Unless they have a dnc with haste samba up at all times. But for the most part you are correct.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 04:05:33  
Sylph.Snk said: »
***'s sake I am so happy I finished my full MNK relic set ages before this update hit. Prices are going to spike fast.

Eh it's not really that dramatic of an increase. I don't think anyone that didn't like monk suddenly decided to get into it for this. Really didn't break anything or make anything OP. Still a weirdly high amount of people on monk (even before the announcement).
First Page 2 3 ... 269 270 271 ... 363 364 365