フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 263 264 265 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-03 09:49:44  
Fix guard! Have these defensive abilities and most of them are ***.

I also highly doubt SE gives a damn about something being op considering Cor and run have been running around unchecked,
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 09:51:41  
Asura.Geriond said: »
The box says they're adjusting "certain" H2H weaponskills. That automstically means they're adjusting individual ones.

Plus, if it was just traits, they'd leave that in the MNK and PUP boxes, instead of both including a separate WS box and leaving the PUP box out.

OH wow, I didn't scroll down far enough to see the "Adjust Hand to Hand WS section", was looking only at the Monk box. ><. Stupid mobile viewing.

It might be both though; a generic improvement to H2H WS, and a Job Trait that powers up H2h WS, that only Monk has access to.
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 09:58:18  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
that only Monk has access to

You are aware that only h2h ws that pup has no access to are Final Heaven and Ascetic Fury right?
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-03 09:59:15  
SimonSes said: »
Ascetic Fury right?

yes.... YESSSSSS...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-03 10:00:04  

You are aware that only h2h ws that pup has no access to are Final Heaven and Ascetic Fury right?
I think it was pretty obvious he meant a trait that only MNK receives, granting a boost to h2h ws damage.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 10:03:08  
I'm saying the update to WS & Traits are listed separately, and SE mentioned PUP would get some spillover benefits. The job traits are only listed for Monk, so the only benefit PUP would get would be from whatever fixes they do to H2H WS.
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 10:10:04  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I think it was pretty obvious he meant a trait that only MNK receives, granting a boost to h2h ws damage.

That would have no sense vs the info we have.

Generic update to h2h WSs and job trait that improve h2h WSs just for monk doesnt add up with "certain weaponskills", but the box actually says certain new traits and I assume it's an error and it should be certain weaponskills, so i guess you can assume "ceratain" is also an error.
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 10:12:05  
I'm saying the update to WS & Traits are listed separately, and SE mentioned PUP would get some spillover benefits. The job traits are only listed for Monk, so the only benefit PUP would get would be from whatever fixes they do to H2H WS.

I think you are trying to make it more confusing than it is. Adjusting few WS that PUP has access to and adding some new trait just for monk that is not connected with WSs at all is the most simple solution to that description.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 10:14:27  
I'm saying it appears to be both, Simon

They are adjusting certain WS (whether it be generic across the board or just a few), which will benefit Monk, and PUP indirectly. However, the job traits they are adding are Monk only (indicated by it being in the Monk box). My assumption is the job trait is meant to power up WS on the Monk main job, as the update starts off saying "Monks are seeing mainly adjustments to weapon skills".
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-10-03 10:41:06  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Ascetic Fury right?

yes.... YESSSSSS...

I put off Glanzfaust for too long!
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-10-03 10:46:48  

They are adjusting certain WS (whether it be generic across the board or just a few), which will benefit Monk, and PUP indirectly. However, the job traits they are adding are Monk only (indicated by it being in the Monk box). My assumption is the job trait is meant to power up WS on the Monk main job, as the update starts off saying "Monks are seeing mainly adjustments to weapon skills".

Well...if the inclusion of job traits in the Monk cell isn’t a typo; then it’s obviously adjustments to Physical Damage Limit traits with relation to H2H Weaponskills.
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 11:01:33  

I read it more as adjustment to WSs is a big thing for Monk, while adjustment to his traits is not a most impactful thing in this update. DRG also gets new traits and for me it sounds like it might be the same trait too.

Another interesting thing is Mnk also has "Adjust effects of certain job traits".

Tactical Guard maybe? :O Or maybe Invigorate?
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 11:04:49  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Well...if the inclusion of job traits in the Monk cell isn’t a typo; then it’s obviously adjustments to Physical Damage Limit traits with relation to H2H Weaponskills.

There is nothing obvious here. You guys try to join new trait or adjusting certain traits with weapon skills and there is not a single suggestion that traits and adjustment to h2h WSs are connected.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-10-03 11:05:11  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »

Doesn't have to be that specifically. I'd agree that simply adding tiers of PDL or Smite would fall in line with the notes. However, they could also add a truly new thing, like a Fencer style trait (Brawler?) or something of the sort. Maybe copy Lycurgos's effect and make it scale with HP, as that'd mesh well with MNK's toolkit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 11:12:02  
I had my opinions about the adjust certain job traits being tier 3/4 smite improvement. When paired with whatever possible improved WS adjustments they make, it might be meaningful.

The Monk and Dragoon Job Trait may very well be the same, I didn't consider that. Being that they are in the same update, this might have made it easier to implement for both jobs at once.

I guess my thinking was that, if they made major adjustments to H2H WS, PUP would get exactly the same bonus as MNK, and it doesn't seem they are going in that direction. I still have this feeling that any adjustments they make to H2h have to be tempered so that it doesn't cause PUP to gain the same significant advantage. Because of this, I'm not expecting any major increases to WSs directly, but just improvements here and there. The real way to improve Monk WS damage without affecting PUP is by adjusting their Job abilities and traits, the latter of which they are doing.

All guesses at this point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 11:13:46  
You guys try to join new trait or adjusting certain traits with weapon skills and there is not a single suggestion that traits and adjustment to h2h WSs are connected.

Besides the fact that they said the emphasis on this update would be Weapon Skills. Not hard to see why this conclusion could be made here.
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 11:17:31  
I read that completely differently. I read that as It's a MNK update but the big thing is adjusting certain h2h WSs, so PUP will benefit from this too. End of WSs topic. Now since its a MNK update, MNK will also gets new traits and adjustment to his traits not connected to WSs at all, but we will see and not like our guessing is important anyway lol. Lets just wait a week with raising hype :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 11:35:03  
It's not important but its fun. Like Comeatmebro said earlier, I was already happy with Monk and I still use it a bunch, so these updates are going to be welcome as long as the "adjust" isn't a nerf.
By Aerix 2019-10-03 11:40:31  
Very likely that MNK and DRG will both receive different tiers of the same new trait. Both jobs generally have issues with lackluster WS damage, so SE might be adding a direct WSD+% trait or an fTP trait that works like Fotia.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 12:11:49  
I'm biased because I'm all things Monk, but I would love a trait that could help the other REMAs compete with Verethragna when Impetus is down. It's not question which WS you're gonna use when its up, but when it falls, everything becomes mediocre. I have even tried Spharai R15 vs Verethragna R15 while Impetus was down, and the latter won easily.

It would be nice if the power up to H2H WS were individualized and unique, rather than generic.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-10-03 12:17:36  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Monk isn't supposed to be competitive with 80k torcleavers. If they make the ws that good there is no reason to play any other job. At least pretend theres some balance.

A big no to monkwagon v2.0

Nah, I'm here for monkwagon v2.0 just to see the reactions from all of the bandwagon SAM/DRK/WAR.
I think it'd be funny if MNK and DRG were new meta xD

That would be amazingly hilarious for sure
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-10-03 12:23:57  
Aerix said: »
Very likely that MNK and DRG will both receive different tiers of the same new trait. Both jobs generally have issues with lackluster WS damage, so SE might be adding a direct WSD+% trait or an fTP trait that works like Fotia.

The notes mention DRG getting a boost to WS damage via their wyvern (joining bonuses to ATT, DEF, JA Haste, and DA), so while they could double up on it with a trait, it's also likely that the other adjustments will focus on keeping their lil' buddy alive.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-03 12:41:59  
Weaponskill damage is the focus, and a new job trait is coming to both jobs. Logical to assume a new trait does something for it. I kinda doubt there will be a straight WSD trait.

Expect new tiers of Smite and PDL too. Doing 4 changes at once that include ws damage means something is going to be super broken... since they dont test a god damn thing.

It also doesn't mean that it's strictly for mnk and drg, it could be something like weapon mastery where the "main weapon for this job" gets a damage boost. Then they can just pile it onto every other job with a lower tier.
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2019-10-03 13:00:29  
Genuinely asking: do you guys read "Add new job traits" as in an "original new trait"? because i thought they just meant to give mnk some more levels of Smite and call it a day. Although it's just speculation at this point.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-03 13:06:14  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Now I'm getting iffy about Vere, cause this could put Godhands back on top, eh?
Only if they do add TP transfer to WS that have damage scaling with TP.

With WSs like Shijin Spiral for instance the TP bonus from Godhands would do nothing (ok there's the 10% bonus on R15 but I'm sure neither of us were talking bout that).

Now if they do add some TP transfer to WSs like Raging Fists or Tornado Kick... nomnom.
But to do that they would have to lower the base fTP of course, like Vish said, otherwise you'd be looking at like, what, 50 FTP WS at 3k TP lol?
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-10-03 13:17:03  
Asura.Sechs said: »
... otherwise you'd be looking at like, what, 50 FTP WS at 3k TP lol?

SOunds good to me :P
By Crossbones 2019-10-03 13:19:46  
Extra level of martial arts incoming.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 13:48:17  
Vishwambhari said: »
Genuinely asking: do you guys read "Add new job traits" as in an "original new trait"? because i thought they just meant to give mnk some more levels of Smite and call it a day. Although it's just speculation at this point.

New traits could mean a new trait entirely, or it could mean they are just going to make the traits in Merit category 2 (Penance ad Invigorate) obtained naturally. Or it could mean more smite. More PDL. Literally anything. They have such an inconsistent track record with the way they implement things, it's impossible to predict the direction they go. It's just fun to theorycraft a little in the meantime.
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 14:15:25  
Ok so lets theorycraft

Victory smite -> Critical hit rate up to like 20-35-50%
Raging Fists -> fTP scaling changed to 5 - 7.5 - 10
Asuran Fists -> Replicating fTP and fTP per hit up to 1.5
Tornado Kick -> fTP scaling changed to 4 - 6 - 8
Howling Fist - > fTP scaling changed to 4 - 7 - 9
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 14:16:54  
And you left out final heaven