フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 214 215 216 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Moduhry
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Necromage
By Asura.Moduhry 2022-05-25 18:31:57  
Starting up WAR and have some gearing/setup to do; does anyone have a solid LUA with current gear sets they'd be willing to share? The ones I've found appear to be outdated or lack gear inputs, or are based on Selendriles' (ideally would have something a bit more straightforward). Thanks!
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-05-26 07:35:47  
No lua, just a link to popular sets.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Warrior_Guide
also
The sets on the 1st page look current you just have to equip them in game and export them yourself.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-05-30 21:38:39  
Sakpata body beat AF+3 for savage in attack cap situation?

Assuming relic+3 head, sakpata hands/legs and Sulev feet and the usual trimmings.
By SimonSes 2022-05-31 01:59:16  
Asura.Bynebill said: »

Assuming relic+3 head, sakpata hands/legs and Sulev feet and the usual trimmings.

What WS?
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-05-31 02:08:06  
Savage Blade
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-17 09:34:37  
Question for folks using Decimation with current Odyssea gear. Fotia Neck / Waist vs Warriors Bead +2 R25 / Sailfi belt R15? Been tweaking my DW and other alt sets and had that question.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-17 09:48:46  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Question for folks using Decimation with current Odyssea gear. Fotia Neck / Waist vs Warriors Bead +2 R25 / Sailfi belt R15? Been tweaking my DW and other alt sets and had that question.
ftp transfer across all hits, I use both Fotia gorget/belt.
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2022-06-17 12:06:51  
SimonSes said: »

What WS?
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-17 12:42:33  
How well does cloud splitter preform with nyame and osash?
This weaponskill makes darkness when used back to back?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-17 13:25:00  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
ftp transfer across all hits, I use both Fotia gorget/belt.

I know it transfers, I'm asking if folks have played with both.

Fotia belt / gorget add +0.1953125 to the fTP giving Decimation an 11.1% damage boost. The STR / Multi-Attack of the Gorget and Belt are harder to quantify so was asking around.
 Asura.Lordtrey
user: Lordtrey
By Asura.Lordtrey 2022-06-17 13:57:56  

Why would it? The stat totals of str and mnd arent much different but af+3 has 10% damage and 3 more total of str+mnd plus more ACC and maybe bonus ACC from set bonus. IDK, I use Nyame+afbody+relic head.
By Nariont 2022-06-17 14:08:13  
diminishing returns on the globs of wsd we have now vs the relatively lower PDL
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-17 14:15:02  
Asura.Lordtrey said: »

Why would it? The stat totals of str and mnd arent much different but af+3 has 10% damage and 3 more total of str+mnd plus more ACC and maybe bonus ACC from set bonus. IDK, I use Nyame+afbody+relic head.

WSD has become more common then PDL. Having said that, "attack cap" doesn't happen very often in newer content due to geo debuffs being heavily nerfed. It can happen by combining SV / Bolster buffs with some def down debuffs, but no where near as common as Idris Frailty made it before.
[+]
 Bismarck.Celerin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2022-06-17 16:05:15  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
How well does cloud splitter preform with nyame and osash?
This weaponskill makes darkness when used back to back?

I run with a Farsha and with no magic buffs, it can do about 20-25k depending on target. With magic buffs and say, wave 3 dynamis boss, can hit about 60-70k. It's not Leaden dmg, but most of the time, its just to put up AM3.

And yes, it does chain with itself to make darkness.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-17 18:18:26  
Note on Cloudsplitter, if there is a WHM/SCH in the party, have them do thunderstorm for the random weather bonus. Orpheus is still better then single weather though.
By Meeeeeep 2022-06-23 14:54:08  
Can anyone post an up-to-date Impulse Drive set? (or as near up-to-date as you have)
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-23 17:00:32  
Meeeeeep said: »
Can anyone post an up-to-date Impulse Drive set? (or as near up-to-date as you have)
This is what I am using
Code
 sets.precast.WS['Impulse Drive'] =  { ammo="Knobkierrie",
    head="Agoge Mask +3",
    body="Nyame Mail",
    hands={ name="Nyame Gauntlets", augments={'Path: B',}},
    legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
    feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
    neck="War. Beads +2",
    waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Moonshade Earring",
    right_ear="Thrud Earring",
    right_ring="Karieyh ring +1",
    left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
    back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

sets.precast.WS['Impulse Drive'].AttackCap = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Impulse Drive'], {ammo="Crepuscular Pebble",body="Sakpata's Breastplate",legs="Sakpata's Cuisses"})
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2022-06-24 09:48:57  
Assuming I don't have a Regal Ring, is Epaminondas's Ring better than max augmented Gelatinous Ring +1 for Upheaval? Trying to figure out where to put this item in my list of things to get.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-06-24 13:27:21  
Asura.Failaras said: »
Assuming I don't have a Regal Ring, is Epaminondas's Ring better than max augmented Gelatinous Ring +1 for Upheaval? Trying to figure out where to put this item in my list of things to get.

Iirc its niqmaddu and gela +1 r15 that are bis for upheaval
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-30 10:04:25  
Is Ragnarok useful for Mighty Strikes or WAR in general.

I'm making it and Calad to play with on my PLD. My WAR is both new and mastered as of last Exp Campaign and it has base Odyssey unlocks.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-30 10:17:11  
It used to be useful for the accuracy. Now that montante +1, raetic algol +1, and Nandaka are all available, it's not really very good.

I very rarely use greatsword on WAR anymore.

Dolichenus kind of took the place of greatsword for when you want to use a multihit weaponskill. Doesn't need tp bonus, and the +120% boost really helps it do more consistently high multi-hit damage.

Naegling is pretty much the default go to for a lot of warriors now. It hurts...
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-30 10:36:28  
The only potential use for ragnarok is for its fusion WS, otherwise there's many better GS to use, would frankly just stick to making calad and save yourself some time/money
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-30 10:57:39  
Ragnarok, like the other relics, has aged very poorly due to it's stats not keeping up and it's weapon skill not scaling. I R15's my Rag awhile back just to mess around and even with maxed out gear I still couldn't get it to be competitive with our other options. It's SC properties aren't needed since Chango does all that and more. For DRK and PLD, Calad is a monster as Torcleaver is one of the stronger WS's in the game.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-06-30 11:25:51  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
resolution still hits like a truck when buffed, just kinda gets ignored with the selection of weapons war uses nowadays.

Pretty much this. Any time you have full potency geo frailty it's gonna be up there for ws spam still, but ever since they started to -75% geomancy for all the newer stuff it feels kinda pointless.

...and you wouldn't use Ragnarok for it in any case. Montante +1 is much better and basically free to r15 too considering it uses lust. wings
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-30 14:05:25  
Asura.Chendar said: »
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
resolution still hits like a truck when buffed, just kinda gets ignored with the selection of weapons war uses nowadays.

Pretty much this. Any time you have full potency geo frailty it's gonna be up there for ws spam still, but ever since they started to -75% geomancy for all the newer stuff it feels kinda pointless.

...and you wouldn't use Ragnarok for it in any case. Montante +1 is much better and basically free to r15 too considering it uses lust. wings

And not surprisingly, I already have one. Still really good info. I wouldn't have thought it would beat out Ragnarok.
By Nariont 2022-06-30 14:27:38  
even at r15 the dmg gap between rag and mont+1 is only 3 dmg, and mont comes with 11 STP, 3~5 TA, and a better delay, since rag is an awkward delay gs where its low enough to kick you up a hit to 1k
[+]
By Slowforever 2022-07-19 09:19:03  
Hello, is the aeonic GA worth making if you have Naegling? I am working on warrior and have the ambuscade spear and naegling and the club. I cover all the important damage types and savage blade does more damage then the great axe ws. Is the only value in it the slightly more white damage and skillchain properties or is there more to it then just that? my other option is to make the H2H since my monk doesn't have anything good to use.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-07-19 09:37:27  
Yes it's worth, you're not going to use it as much as Naegling, but it's great for making skillchains. I use chango often when I'm playing with another WAR or Savage Blade DDs, Upheaval can open and close for Savage Blade.
First Page 2 3 ... 214 215 216 ... 224 225 226