users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 224 225 226
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 11:55:16  
I don't see how. The added effect is for Auto Attacks, not WS hits.

DMG:+180 Delay:+96 STR+20 DEX+20 VIT+20 Accuracy+40 Attack+30 Magic Accuracy+40 Hand-to-Hand skill +250 Guarding skill +250 Magic Accuracy skill +250 "Asuran Fists" "Asuran Fists" damage +50% "Auto-Attack": "Store TP"+50 gained when landing critical hits

Best case scenario is to use it while haste capped with some Martial Arts during Blood Rage/MS. But I don't even think that's the most effective use of these. Looks like a stellar option for any Non-RMAE monk using Kendatsuba+1, Mummu+2, Impetus/Focus. Basically gets a free 50 STP (Kenda has none), even if you never bother with Asuran Fists. Practically balances the gear spread out in that case.
 Asura.Veikur
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-13 13:02:45  
Looks like crit rate gear/atma stack with Shining Ones unique effect.
By Spaitin 2019-03-13 13:10:44  
Asura.Veikur said: »
just made the axe and spear. will test out the axe tomorrow since we already figured out polearm is nutz.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 13:19:20  
Asura.Veikur said: »

Wow! have one more glow weapon, will definitely put it into Shining One
By Spaitin 2019-03-13 13:31:25  
if it makes stardiver crit, what is the recommended set?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 13:44:25  
Valorous can get Crit damage (F:5), but if it does crit on any ws, no doubt it is a bug and will be patched.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 13:47:24  
Well the way it's worded it almost sounds like the effect is on any WS, which is awfully dangerous. We can test it with Leg Sweep later and see what happens. In either case, this just became a really good weapon, maybe even better for zergs the Resolution spam. Can do Warcry MS -> Impulse spam, when MS wears pop Blood Rage to extend the effect a bit longer.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-13 13:57:32  
Whether it's poor translation or just incorrectly implemented, they didn't intend for it to allow any polearm weapon skill to crit lol. No more than they did wsd gear applied to all hits of a WS.

Enjoy it while it lasts
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 14:00:00  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Whether it's poor translation or just incorrectly implemented, they didn't intend for it to allow any polearm weapon skill to crit lol. No more than they did wsd gear applied to all hits of a WS.

Enjoy it while it lasts

I mean what would you do with that considering that ID is stronger then SD with that Polearm? Only use I can think of is doing a multi-step SC and getting extra damage from the other WS's.
 Shiva.Cziella
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2019-03-13 14:11:43  
it's still the best polearm a war/sam can equip for piercing purposes, regardless
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-13 16:51:20  
The crit effect works on all hits of multiple hit weapon skills (tested on Stardiver).

Basically, Shining One adds a critical hit property to weaponkills that otherwise can't crit. You also get a slight critical hit rate bonus based on how much TP you have, which I think is around 20 or 25% at 3000 TP. On top of that crit buffs and crit on gear also increase the chances of the weaponskill criting. In Abyssea with atams you can force Stardiver and Impulse to crit 100% of the time, for example.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 16:53:16  
That... is very very interesting. So along the lines of 5~25% between 1K and 3K then. We have 20% base and 40% from Blood Rage so instant win right there.
By soralin 2019-03-13 17:03:13  
I guess the question is, since this will probably get patched, can one get enough value out of the polearm before it gets fixed, to pay for itself in value?

My War is pretty weak, I have just been using it for abyssea red proccing, but what would you guys say is a respectable "I just threw this together" TP and WS set for The Shining One?

I have full Flamma+2, Sulevia+2, and I could probably drop 50~60 million gil on the gear, if you think that kind of DPS warrants it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-13 17:07:55  
What makes you think it'll get patched? The new meta is "each thing more broken then the last"

When everything is broken... nothing is broken.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-13 17:10:10  
Incoming rogues roll meta.
By Spaitin 2019-03-13 17:22:14  
soralin said: »
I guess the question is, since this will probably get patched, can one get enough value out of the polearm before it gets fixed, to pay for itself in value?

My War is pretty weak, I have just been using it for abyssea red proccing, but what would you guys say is a respectable "I just threw this together" TP and WS set for The Shining One?

I have full Flamma+2, Sulevia+2, and I could probably drop 50~60 million gil on the gear, if you think that kind of DPS warrants it.
been playing with it a lot. doesnt really seem to blow any other options out of the water. Not really sure why it would be patched unless SE is just convinced to keep DRG as a terrible job.

It hits extremely hard. but it also hits fairly low. only way I can see this becoming the absolute king is if you use two cors to get fighters sam rogues. think a lot of us are seeing the huge numbers and refusing to look at the low numbers.

Impulse drive I am just using my Savage Blade set and for stardiver I am just using resolution set. So shouldnt be too hard to gear it.Going to change the stardiver set a bit to include dagon and begrudging ring i think.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 17:55:19  
Spaitin said: »
It hits extremely hard. but it also hits fairly low. only way I can see this becoming the absolute king is if you use two cors to get fighters sam rogues. think a lot of us are seeing the huge numbers and refusing to look at the low numbers.

That's been a problem in FFXI since 2003.

Your gonna want to tweak sets for ID since it's 100% STR which is stupid awesome anyway.
By Spaitin 2019-03-13 19:17:11  
finding it hard to add any crit hit rate on impulse drive to be honest. it responds so well to WSD and STR. idk. kinda of strange to have a WS that scales so well with TP while benefiting from WSD and crit hit rate/dmg. Flamma hands seem like a decent swap. but not exactly a huge improvement. So far i have found just going WSD and using sam/rogues is working really well. I tweaked stardiver set and found it is semi close to impulse.

In a MS situation everything else should beat this spear pretty easily. (probably a couple exceptions)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 19:49:50  
Well at low TP DA and Crit would be better, but we don't WS at low TP often.
By Spaitin 2019-03-13 19:55:17  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Well at low TP DA and Crit would be better, but we don't WS at low TP often.

I might try something similar to the the stardiver set with crit gear swapped in for below 1500 tp. then just go full WSD during warcry and above 1500 TP i guess.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 20:47:30  
Yeah at 1K + moonshade it's only 1.5 fTP, so DA's end up adding more then some WSD would. At 2K it's 3.0, so right around 1.5K TP is where it'll switch modes.
By Spaitin 2019-03-13 20:54:16  
Yeah at 1K + moonshade it's only 1.5 fTP, so DA's end up adding more then some WSD would. At 2K it's 3.0, so right around 1.5K TP is where it'll switch modes.

1.5k TP + Moonshade or 1.25k + moon shade?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 21:08:42  
Spaitin said: »

1.5k TP + Moonshade or 1.25k + moon shade?

1.25 + Moonshade I believe.
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 23:14:11  
On SAM it was spiking to 92k on Neak when Ejiin was testing it, but when he spammed it asap it was only avg 38-40k I think. Throwing rogue roll in and WSing at 2500+ made it avg 58k on Neak (really more, but some total misses dropped avg by few k). Sam can get into 2500TP as fast as most DD jobs to like 1500, so while Torcleaver can also avg probably above 60k at 3000TP, the WS frequency on SAM 3000TP WSs is FAR greater than DRK 3000TP WSs. Still at least its not broken enough to WS for 60k avg on SAM at 1000TP. That would be totally broken. That being said, I made a set for SAM focused on chr/multi-attack for Ejiin to test with Stardiver and it's possible that this set can work with low TP Impulse Drive too. We will see.

Using it like that (2500TP+) seems to be optimal on SAM, because no native DA and focusing on WSD+STR makes WS damage almost double from when comparing <1500TP and >2500TP, so with WS delay taking into account it's more optimal DPS to WS once harder, than WS twice for much less.

Now WAR is a little different. WAR has enough native DA, CHR and CHD, that it might be possible that making set focused on CHD/CHR/DA/STR and WSing at lower TP for higher WS frequency might beat WSing at high TP with WSD/STR. Rogue roll is really required tho imo.

Something like that for low TP:
ItemSet 365590

With that set Rogue roll and floored dDEX, WAR would have something like 67% critical hit rate + whatever the bonus from polearm is at 1000TP.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2019-03-14 08:19:08  
Hey guys, anyone has a verified solid set for DW Axe or Sword, just made the Naegling & Dolicheus and wanna make a set for either one, thanks in advance.

And any other option for emicho hands +1, them jinxed hands +1 are almost never seen in Cerb.
By SimonSes 2019-03-14 09:45:11  
Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
And any other option for emicho hands +1, them jinxed hands +1 are almost never seen in Cerb.

Reiki yotai, Eabani earring, max da augment valorous body and sulevia hands I guess.
By soralin 2019-03-14 10:34:25  
I think youd be better off doing Eabani + Suppa, and keep the Ise belt. Losing 2% DW isn't that big of a deal compared to losing belt's double attack.

Belt has way more Double Attack than any earring does.
By SimonSes 2019-03-14 11:14:50  
I think youd be better off doing Eabani + Suppa, and keep the Ise belt. Losing 2% DW isn't that big of a deal compared to losing belt's double attack.

You are forgetting about Store TP

Brutal + Reiki
vs
Iosekha + Suppa

is

+2% DW, +5 store TP
vs
4%DA

Im not sure but I feel with so high DA on WAR diminishing returns will make Reiki + Brutal better.
By soralin 2019-03-14 11:34:28  
SimonSes said: »

You are forgetting about Store TP

Brutal + Reiki
vs
Iosekha + Suppa

is

+2% DW, +5 store TP
vs
4%DA

Im not sure but I feel with so high DA on WAR diminishing returns will make Reiki + Brutal better.

Good point, I did indeed neglect the 5 store tp! I think you are correct then.
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 224 225 226