(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 203 204 205
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-04-02 15:40:02  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I farmed all my swarts from scratch and haven't bought one, but it takes a good bit to cap out a weapon if you're doing it that way. I love Monk but business decisions. I made verethragna specifically for rank 15 but now I'm dreading the idea of making an amazing weapon for a job I'll never get to enjoy.

I was sold on trishula R15 but then shining one came out and then I switched to Monk/dark. Lol I'm so freaking torn. It'll probably end up going to apocalypse but these discussions just irk my soul lol

R15 Glanzfaust!

You too Simon!

JK Buukki. Do Apoc.
By SimonSes 2019-04-02 20:55:33  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
You too Simon!

No!
No..
no?

I mean.. you won't kill anyone from my LS now, to show me my place right?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-02 21:04:36  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Regarding the different TP sets for Apoc (4 hit, 5 hit, DA), is there one clearly above the other and if so in which situations?
Please send help.

I don't have the JPs or Omen cards to find this out myself, yet!
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2019-04-02 21:46:27  
I am partial to apoc 4 hit since overflow doesnt help cata dmg. However you should play with them all and see which produces better dps with your playstyle. You cannot really spreeedsheet that.

If you are slow to ws/like to hold tp, then obviously multihit will benefit you more since more white dmg. However if your very OCD about firing off cata at 1k tp I tend to like the 4 hit as it sets you into a very stable rythm to ws spam. Those times it really does take you ws+4 attack rounds to cata feels like an eternity! Though they rarely happen lol.

also I think the bigger question is are you willing to go through oseems hell for the 4 hit setup too :D dont forget it require a lot of stp, need perfect stp augs.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-02 22:13:46  
I was mostly asking for people's experience yeah, not so much spreadsheet. Like why do they use X during Y and so on.

Well, I'm more what you just described, I camp the 100TP like I'd camp KB in 2008. I'm not too fond of waiting.

For some reason I'm not too scared about obtaining Store TP+8 on the 3 pieces. So far I've been able to obtain those max augments on other items, the main issue is getting proper stats to go along with them, that however may prove to be hell.

I'll definitely try to toy with it, though, it seems really fun.
 Shiva.Pukkaup
サーバ: Shiva
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Pukkaup 2019-04-06 11:14:16  
Has anyone made an am3 calad set i could take a look at please?
By Taint 2019-04-06 13:27:12  
Shiva.Pukkaup said: »

TorcleavER it too strong to focus on white damage.
[+]
By volkom 2019-04-06 13:29:14  
Taint said: »

Torcleavor it too strong to focus on white damage.

TORCLEAVER!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-04-06 14:43:42  
It's your DT set since you'll be doing damage beyond your tank's imagination and dying like the ***' beast you are with a Caladbolg.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-04-06 15:07:05  

All the multi attack you can muster. Only used for amnesia or if you can't WS.
Code
    ammo="Ginsen",
    head=ValMask.Quad,
    body=ValMail.DA,
    hands="Sulev. Gauntlets +2",
    legs="Ig. Flanchard +3",
    feet="Flam. Gambieras +2",
    neck="Abyssal Beads +2",
    waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
    left_ear="Brutal Earring",
    right_ear="Cessance Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Petrov Ring",
    back=Ankou.DA,
By SimonSes 2019-04-06 15:22:35  
Taint said: »

TorcleavER it too strong to focus on white damage.

Tbh, I wouldnt be so sure about this. I'm not saying its not true, but something tells me, that focusing on white damage during TP whoch would probably result in +1 to your xhit build, could actually end up better.

Just made up numbers but not far from reality probably.

Assuming AM3 round would be around 5k damage in 5hit build
and you could rise this to 6k damage in 6hit build
and assuming 40k damage Torcleaver
and even assuming very bad scenario for 6 hit build that you will get that 6 hits in 4 rounds on avg and 5 hits in 5 hit build in 3 rounds.

5hit build delay: ((430 * 0.2) * 3 + 120)/60 = 6.3 sec
6hit build delay: ((430 * 0.2) * 4 + 120)/60 = 7.73 sec

5hit build damage: 3 * 5000 + 40000 = 55000
6hit build damage: 4 * 6000 + 40000 = 64000

5hit DPS: 65000/6.3 = 8730
6hit DPS: 76000/7.73 = 8279

This simple math isn't obviously very accurate, but my purpose was only to show that the concept of improving white damage for caladbolg in exchange of slightly longer TP phase isn't an illogical idea.

BIG EDIT: I used 5 and 6 k as damage of hits, when it was suppose to be damage of round. Fixed that.
By volkom 2019-04-06 16:03:30  
probably something like this~

ItemSet 362776
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2019-04-07 18:03:42  
What's a good neck to use until I can get a dyna necklace maxed? Also if I can't afford the +2, should I save up for it or try to RP the +1?
By volkom 2019-04-07 18:16:33  
Asura.Airoh said: »
What's a good neck to use until I can get a dyna necklace maxed? Also if I can't afford the +2, should I save up for it or try to RP the +1?

lissome / clotharius / combatatant's are pretty good depending on your build. but yeah~ you should save for the +2
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2019-04-08 08:45:02  
Anyone mind sharing their dark gs? Everyone ive tried the absorb spells dont load a midcast. Ive tried adding rules to them and cant seem to get them to work. Also cant seem to get any of the aftermath rules for apoc to work either. I would appreciate it. Currently using bokura's old drk GS (i like the layout of his).
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2019-04-08 09:39:43  
Odin.Skeero said: »
Anyone mind sharing their dark gs? Everyone ive tried the absorb spells dont load a midcast. Ive tried adding rules to them and cant seem to get them to work. Also cant seem to get any of the aftermath rules for apoc to work either. I would appreciate it. Currently using bokura's old drk GS (i like the layout of his).

What aftermath rules are you trying to get for apoc?
 Asura.Skyefox
By Asura.Skyefox 2019-04-08 10:01:23  
Unless they changed it while i took my few years off you could drop some gear haste with aftermath for more multi/stp. Unless they changed it to JA haste or something.
By elliondrk 2019-04-08 10:21:33  
Asura.Skyefox said: »
Unless they changed it while i took my few years off you could drop some gear haste with aftermath for more multi/stp. Unless they changed it to JA haste or something.

The 119 III Apoc is JA Haste. Every version before that is Gear Haste.

Apocalypse

Edit: Corrected Link
 Asura.Skyefox
By Asura.Skyefox 2019-04-08 10:54:39  
Ah ok thanks for the info.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-08 13:39:55  
I'm going to make the Glowy Great Axe to play around with. Should have a really nice TP bonus with Drain 3 up. For example I believe 3000 HP= a 500 TP bonus.

Should be fun to mess with.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-04-08 15:32:07  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'm going to make the Glowy Great Axe to play around with. Should have a really nice TP bonus with Drain 3 up. For example I believe 3000 HP= a 500 TP bonus.

Should be interesting. I haven't played w/ GA for a while now so I've forgotten what kinda numbers Upheaval pulls. Post screenshots please when you get the chance to upgrade. 6K+ HP should be silly.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-08 16:50:21  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Should be interesting. I haven't played w/ GA for a while now so I've forgotten what kinda numbers Upheaval pulls. Post screenshots please when you get the chance to upgrade. 6K+ HP should be silly.
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Will do, I purchased Pulse Cells and it turns out I need to progress with a White Abyssite. Might be a bit. Smh lol

When I restarted I neglected a lot of VW.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-10 10:55:29  
So the sample sizes of total WS are not great at all.

Buffs were basically just Trust: Fury/Frailty/Chaos Roll, Last Resort. Dia 3 on mobs. I did not use armor break.

I did my Drain 3's bursted off of a Darkness SC with NV/DS/R15 Apoc. Put me around 7000 HP. Should of been getting more than a 1000 TP bonus+ Moonshade.

I tried weaponskilling between 1000-1400 TP (Over flow put me at 1400 at multiple weapons)
R15 Cata Numbers.

Anguta Cross Reaper Numbers

R0 Caladbolg Torcleaver Numbers

GAXE stuff:

It's a pretty nice additional to the arsenal.

Accuracy Using the Same TP Set (Using Food):
Apoc Set: 1415
Anguta: 1355
Caladbolg: 1348
Lycurgos: 1360

I only have 1 merit into Upheaval. I wasn't planning on using any GAXE but Chango.

Steel Cyclone wasn't bad at all.

A nice multi step is Upheaval->Steel Cyclone-> Upheaval-> Steel Cyclone.

Apex Leechs were dying before I finished it, but it allows you to magic burst drain 3 off of gravitation/darkness.

Sorry again about the poor sample size. Seems like a nice addition to our arsenal though. Really high macc skill for spells/armor break/etc.

You have the ability to slap something with defense down without hurting your overall DPS.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-04-10 13:15:08  
Dumb question but are the equipment sets on the first page still viable; or are there better upgrades? I mainly use apoc
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-04-10 13:23:40  
Sylph.Seidell said: »
Dumb question but are the equipment sets on the first page still viable; or are there better upgrades? I mainly use apoc
There’s better. Check the high end thread it’s a bit more up to date
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-04-10 14:19:26  
<Qultada> HEY SKAR, I'M JUST GONNA DO BURNING BLADE REPEATEDLY. IF IT INTERRUPTS ANY SC, THAT'S ON YOU. ALSO, HERE'S SOME BUSTED ROLLS AS I DOUBLED UP ON 11.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-10 14:46:08  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
<Qultada> HEY SKAR, I'M JUST GONNA DO BURNING BLADE REPEATEDLY. IF IT INTERRUPTS ANY SC, THAT'S ON YOU. ALSO, HERE'S SOME BUSTED ROLLS AS I DOUBLED UP ON 11.

I read that looking at your avatar and felt like Qultada was raping my taru *** saying that..
[+]
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2019-04-10 14:51:22  
Great Axe...., blasphemy!!!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-10 14:51:40  

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
The trust gear haste seem pretty significant, tried Mildaurion and Gilgamesh just for fun. They were getting tp over and over to close every skillchain. (on VD Leviathan)

I was afraid of this. This means that qultada will interrupt your 5 step with burning blade twice as often now. Not even worth using...

Dude is the worst. Literally invite him to roll twice, light shot after dia, and dismiss him mid-fight, else risk never getting a 5-step off ever again.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-10 15:01:51  

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
The trust gear haste seem pretty significant, tried Mildaurion and Gilgamesh just for fun. They were getting tp over and over to close every skillchain. (on VD Leviathan)

I was afraid of this. This means that qultada will interrupt your 5 step with burning blade twice as often now. Not even worth using...

Dude is the worst. Literally invite him to roll twice, light shot after dia, and dismiss him mid-fight, else risk never getting a 5-step off ever again.

And he does Evokers when MP is fine.. Not to mention Ulmia goes from Marches-> Ballads for no reason :(
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 203 204 205