(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 4 ... 203 204 205
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-12-25 03:38:56  
Pretty nice guide, I'm glad you made this as I've always felt Drk needed a primer. I might recommend putting maybe a separate paragraph to explain haste caps to people, you do a decent job of it but it is one of the things Drks most mess up when gearing and it isn't exactly intuitive to want to use 8-13% gear for TPing. Also for your TP Embrava set Duplus/Pole will be better than Rose, although that's probably just a mistake given that you put Duplus in the reso set.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 04:21:49  
This is my current Resolution setup that I am aiming for. Close to getting it, just need to find the Gil.
This is a great WS set for anyone who has not got the certain Abjuration/Neo Nyzul/VW gear.

Personally using Fulgurante, it was pretty easy to build, the only problem was finding help on Krabkatoa. Should put that into the OAT GS description, comparing just how incredibly easy it is to make one compared to a Relic or Empyrean.

I made Redemption because I love scythes, it's great for low man situations, scythe procs, or smashing worms up in La Theine lol. Quietus is a beautiful looking WS, but the damage is not even close to the OAT GS... sadly. It was worth getting just for the Weapon Skill, but if you're someone who doesn't fancy farming Chloris to death just for a weapon skill fit for Batman himself, then don't bother.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-25 04:57:10  
<333 the title.
Yay for another guide, I support this.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-25 05:00:00  
Been tempted to do this for a long time, good to see somebody else do it :P
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2012-12-25 05:00:18  
As for the page links you have to put for example
Code
[url=#intro]1. Intro[/url]
in the links at top and this where it has to bring you
Code
[div id=intro]Title[/div]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-25 05:03:47  
Contacted Kalilla about that earlier Seha, was about to get that fixed lol. and thank you x2! XD

Asura.Failaras said: »
Pretty nice guide, I'm glad you made this as I've always felt Drk needed a primer. I might recommend putting maybe a separate paragraph to explain haste caps to people, you do a decent job of it but it is one of the things Drks most mess up when gearing and it isn't exactly intuitive to want to use 8-13% gear for TPing. Also for your TP Embrava set Duplus/Pole will be better than Rose, although that's probably just a mistake given that you put Duplus in the reso set.
Got the Embrava set corrected, and I'll figure out something for haste explanations.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Can you add /SCH to the list of subjobs? It is an extremely useful subjob in PVP. Urteil uses it to perfection. You should ask him for some of his sets (or just check his bounty thread) for those DRKs who want to be unstoppable.

Back to reading the rest of this. Have been a DRK since 2004, and liking this guide so far.

Edit: Ain't all 2 hour abilities only 1 hour now? I still can't get used to that.
Edit2: Never realized Scarlet Delirium was so bad. I guess I shall take it out of my macros. :(
Edit3: Absorb-TP is awesome on certain monsters who don't use TP moves, like Elementals.
Edit4: Missed out Abyssal Earring on Dark Magic set. Urteil has better magic sets here.

Dark Magic 503 with Merits

Drain/Aspir

Edit5: No Strigoi Ring in any of the Reso sets?
I was hesitant to add /SCH to the list, but now that you mention Urteil using it, I'll defintely look into it. I honestly haven't had the time to check on his PVP videos and the like, but from what I hear they've been pretty fantastic, lol.

I did mention the Abyssal Earring in one of the sections, I'll add it again in the high-end section, as well as the drain/aspir set (you put Ombre Tathlum and Abyssal Earring twice in that set btw =P).
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 05:29:15  
Oh they are Urteil's sets not mine. Also I read the comment about the Abyssal Earring after I commented on it lol.

I wanted to make a Dark Knight guide, but didn't feel like I was experienced enough in endgame to be taken seriously. I have been playing this job for eight years though, so if I can add anything to it that will help others, I will be sure to mention it :)
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-25 05:32:15  
Ah! I figured they might have been Urteil's, anyways. Convenient!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 05:37:42  
I thought of something I can add to this. When it's done, I will post it, if you like it you can just add it to your guide.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-25 05:41:20  

For those who don't know what the title is about!
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-25 05:41:22  
I'm all eyes. Either way I'm also taking this guide as a learning experience (as most things should be in life, right?)

AND SUDDENLY, EPIC POST BY SEHA!
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-25 05:55:50  
I prefer /sch over /rdm for PvE stuff.
The option to dark arts->Manifestation->Sleep to break a camp/train of mobs is all kinds of awesome, especially if they are casters/have pets. A /dnc or /rdm is going to have a much harder time surviving in those cases.

I have a decent refresh idle set and 5/5 entropy and like the option of status removals with /sch+LightArts so /rdm isn't something I go for.

Oh and sandstorm+desert boots is a nice +runspeed perk when /sch.

In b4 you should feel bad talking about casting spells on drk+having 5/5 entropy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 06:04:30  
Anyone know how you set text to align to the center of the page using bbcode?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-25 06:08:19  
Code
[div align="center"]stuff[/div]
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 06:10:41  
How would you add that into a table? Hope it doesn't need to be added individually for every single bit of text.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-25 06:34:32  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
The option to dark arts->Manifestation->Sleep to break a camp/train of mobs is all kinds of awesome, especially if they are casters/have pets. A /dnc or /rdm is going to have a much harder time surviving in those cases.

I have a decent refresh idle set and 5/5 entropy and like the option of status removals with /sch+LightArts so /rdm isn't something I go for.

In b4 you should feel bad talking about casting spells on drk+having 5/5 entropy.

While having the option to AoE sleep/break and having an "anti-sleep ability"(charging sublimation) is nice, most situations where I solo on DRK, they're rarely needed, so I'll rather /whm or /rdm for haste. (Whm giving -na spells and rdm also giving a gimp phalanx)
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-25 07:14:12  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

While having the option to AoE sleep/break and having an "anti-sleep ability"(charging sublimation) is nice, most situations where I solo on DRK, they're rarely needed, so I'll rather /whm or /rdm for haste. (Whm giving -na spells and rdm also giving a gimp phalanx)

Not going to bother arguing the 'best' Mage sub. If you target content that doesn't need sleep and you can always single pull, then its utility is obviously less important.

Situational subjob is situational.

I can drag my 2box whm around with me everywhere and just /war all the time and spam reso, but I think people knowing other sub jobs have nice niche uses/utility is a good thing.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-25 07:15:39  
Yeah for sure, I don't go solo unless I feel really lazy :P
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 10:34:21  
One thing missing from this guide. Afv2+2 augmented gear.

Personally have an Abyss Cuirass +2 with Enhanced Blood Weapon effect that gives me 40 seconds of pure draining action. I am sure the Hands also enhance Diabolic Eye. That thing I was talking about earlier is almost finished too.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-25 12:03:55  
Relic +2 hands were mentioned for the 24-30 seconds they add to Diabolic Eye. Also, currently, any event that you might need DE for you should be getting an HP boost of some kind anyway (Abyssea, Discipline Atmacite, Body Boost) and the -15% HP only affects your base HP anyway, so -225hp doesn't really matter when you've got +1500 on it anyway.

Relic +2 head can be nice, but I wouldn't worry about the Dark Seal augment effect.

Relic +2 body was a great option to have for MAB WS and whatnot, but really falls to just being that Blood Weapon macro piece once you have Phorcys Korazin.

Feet are a joke. Subtle blow on Souleater, 'nuff said.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-25 12:35:18  
Sets might make sense if you tied them all together. Most Endgame Drks use SC to ensure their TP sets match their xhit. especially with apoc it can get prett complex. TP,LR TP, capped haste TP, AM TP, LR AM TP, capped haste AM TP etc.

Excellent guide by the way
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 14:02:00  
Dark Knight Auction House Equipment

This table shows all Dark Knight equipment represented in the guide (And a few added by me), that can be purchased (Or crafted) from the Auction House. Equipment can easily be added to this upon request.

(Key) L = Low-Quality equipment H = High-Quality equipment

Equipment
Description
Set/Situation
Price/Rarity
Quality
A level 99 Scythe that gives you extra TP for getting Critical hits.
A cheap scythe that is worth getting for those Abyssea parties, and skilling up with.
50k-300k. Rare.
L
A Scythe that likes to enhance your Drain and Aspir
Good Scythe to start out with. Cheap and effective.
10-30k. Rare/Common.
L
It's got a DMG rating close to most of the recommended Great Swords, plus it has a refresh effect for Stun/Endark/Absorb-TP Exploitation.
Good Great Sword to begin with.
500k-1Million. Rare.
L
Its Added effect of Stun comes straight from its name alone, which is the french word for "stunning".
1-5 Million. Very Rare.
L
NQ of Etourdissante +1
350k-600k. Rare.
L
Could have easily been called "Potato Peeler", this huge chunk of a Great Sword has nice damage, Critical Hit Rate, and Enhances Zanshin for that Samurai subjob.
600k-1 Million. Rare.
L
The standard grip for DRK. Keep this until you get Duplus Grip.
Used in any set that doesn't require Rose Strap for the Store TP
30k-350k. Common.
Attack piece for the Ammo slot. Good for Catostrophe and Insurgency
The standard for any DRK. However it is easily replaced depending on the situation
35-100k. Common.
Attack earring for the beginner DRK
Used until you get Brutal and Bale (Or Ghillie +1)
6k-20k. Common.
L
Beginner's gear for the jobs that can wear it
Used until you get Bale +1 head and other gear that push you above the 14% Haste from the Perle set, or any of the higher-end TP headpieces
3k-10k. Common. (Also bought with Cruor in Abyssea)
L
Used until you get Bale +1 body and other gear that push you above the 14% Haste from the Perle set, or any of the higher-end TP body pieces
L
Used until you get Bale +1 hands and other gear that push you above the 14% Haste from the Perle set, or any of the higher-end TP hand pieces
L
Used until you get Jingang Hose and other gear that push you above the 14% Haste from the Perle set, or any of the higher-end TP leg pieces
L
Used until you get Ace's Leggins and other gear that push you above the 14% Haste from the Perle set, or any of the higher-end TP feet pieces
4k-10k. Common. (Also bought with Cruor in Abyssea)
L
This piece is one of the rarest body armours in the game. People say the Armada Hauberk with the right augments is still better, however this has better base stats.
It is classed as Rare, so it can be placed in this table. If you did get one, it would mostly likely find itself in your TP build.
Dropped from Lofty Zilant in Hall of An.
H
Gives you Store TP, but at the expense of STR and DEX, try not to keep this for too long
Cheap ring for any starting DRK. Alternative would be Blitz Ring.
2k-10k. Rare
L
A standard Haste Belt. It is easily trumped by many other belts though.
A beginner's Haste belt. Goading Belt replaces it, and it's not difficult to get.
50-320k. Common.
L
Nice TP piece with Haste. Can be used for Weapon Skill until Bale +1.
Cheap beginners piece. Used mostly for TP until you get Calmecac, Ace's, Phorcys etc.
10-50k. Common.
L
Ammo piece with Attack and Store TP. Only drops from a HKCNM
Used in many different Store TP sets to round off the x-hit build. Really depends on the gear you have on whether it's useful to you
2-3.4 Million. Rare.
H
The Store TP ring. A must for any DRK who is serious in making a Store TP set.
Paired with Rajas, the vast majority of DRK TP sets will include this ring.
800k-1.5 Million. Common.
H
Store TP Earring. Used in niche Store TP setups to round out the x-hit without sacrificing a major piece.
5-hit Fulgurante TP setup. Possibly others depending on your gear.
30k-150k. Rare.
Gloves with STR, AGI, Accuracy and Haste
If you're someone who has a few jobs, you might already have a pair of these. Can be used til you get Bale Hands +1 for your TP. Don't buy these if your a newer/returning player, get the Bale.
900k-1.4 Million. Common.
L
A TP piece that not only includes Haste, but also Double/Triple Attack, at the cost of Accuracy. Looks out of place on a DRK.
Used in niche TP setups, like 6-hit Fulgurante /WAR. Better in Abyssea where buffs are plentiful, while worse off outside due to Store TP and Accuracy being more potent.
1.4-2.2 Million. Common.
A mantle with a good amount of Accuracy and Attack.
5-hit Fulgurante /WAR. Used in niche tp setups where Accuracy is an issue.
1-3 Million. Very Rare.
High attack Earring
TP (Embrava). Also used if you do not have a Bale Earring
250k-700k. Common.
A belt with Triple Attack and the rare stat, Quadruple attack.
Used in specific TP sets. TP (Embrava) & Apocalypse Aftermath TP (w/ Phorcys)
1.4-2.9 Million. Common.
H
Cheap STR helm for Resolution. Twilight and Mekira easily replace it.
Only used for Resolution if your new to the game and have barely any gil.
7-17k. Rare.
L
A nice headpiece designed to give you lots of Strength and Attack
Get this for Resolution, until you can save up the gil for the +1
400-500k. Common.
L
This High Quality headpiece gives you tons of Strength and Attack
Best headpiece for Resolution, no need for Twilight anymore.
4.3-6 Million. Rare.
H
A good start to a Resolution setup. This piece has a ton of STR and Attack, and added PDT for tanking.
Used for Resolution until you get Twilight, Grim Cuirass +1, or Phorcys.
180-600k. Common.
L
A high quality body piece with extreme amounts of STR and Attack, with some added PDT.
Well worth getting for Resolution/Insurgency if you have not acquired Phorcys.
1.6-3 Million. Rare.
High Quality Gauntlets with STR, Accuracy and Double Attack.
Best hands for Resolution unless you can get Phorcys.
400-800k. Common.
A little outdated now, but still a good STR ring for Resolution if you're lacking Rajas, Vulcan's, Pyrosoul or Strigoi.
Resolution and other STR based WS.
50-120k. Common.
L
A good STR ring for Resolution, only beaten by Pyrosoul or Strigoi.
Resolution and other STR based WS.
200-550k. Rare.
L
A little outdated now, but still a good STR belt for Resolution if you're lacking Elemental belts and gil.
Weapon Skills only. Find a Haste belt to TP in.
10-28k. Common.
L
This ring is a hybrid. The STR, VIT and INT can be used in a variety of ways.
Used in beginner Resolution setups. Also used for Torcleaver, Entropy and Catastrophe.
50-100k. Common.
H
Another hybrid piece. It is rare, and can be replaced, so you won't see many DRKs using it.
Used in a beginners Entropy set. Also can be used for Dark Magic before getting Appetence Crown from Voidwatch.
100-500k. Very Rare.
L
A ring used for its Intelligence. It is pretty cheap.
Entropy has a 100% INT modifier, so getting this is a good start.
30-50k. Rare.
L
A cheap Tathlum used purely for it's Intelligence.
Only ever used for Entropy until you get Ombre Tathlum.
4-10k. Rare.
L
For any Dark Knight who wants to do serious damage, this is the ring for you.
With STR +7, it would be used for Resolution and Insurgency. STR+14 if you buy a second one.
2.2-3 Million. Common.
H
An ammo piece with high Strength. May be cheaper to do the BCNM (if you have BST) then buying off AH.
Best ammo piece for Resolution.
200-900k. Rare.
H
Hand piece with a good amount of Vitality, Strength and Attack.
Used for Torcleaver only. Beaten by the HQ Mavros and Phorcys.
100-600k. Rare.
L
A high quality version of the Ugol Moufles.
Used for Torcleaver until you get Phorcys.
Crafted
A ring with loads of Vitality.
Used purely for Torcleaver
360-600k. Rare.
H
An ammo piece imbued with Vitality. Acquired from Meeble Burrows.
Best ammo piece for Torcleaver
500k-5 Million. Very rare.
H
A cheap neckpiece with lots of Vitality.
Best neckpiece for Torcleaver.
10-50k. Rare.
H
This ammo piece has a good amount of Intelligence.
Best ammo piece for Entropy, Drain and Aspir.
720k-1.9 Million. Very Rare.
H
A cheap ring with some Intelligence on it.
Good starter for your Entropy set.
10-20k. Common.
L
A ring with lots of Intelligence.
Used for Entropy. Can only be beaten by a Diamond Ring with INT+3 Augment, which is incredibly rare.
200-400k. Common.
H
A body piece used to defend you from harm.
Used for PDT sets before you can get hold of the superior Mekira Meikogai from Voidwatch.
1.5-2.3 Million. Rare/Common
An expensive piece of gear usable by many jobs to help you survive.
PDT set only.
3-5 Million. Rare.
H
A mantle which can be used to defend, while also making your character move slower.
Can be used in PDT and MDT sets.
900k-1.5 Million. Rare.
H
A Cape with the power to absorb magical damage..
Used in MDT sets..
13k-200k. Rare.
Gauntlets imbued in fire, that helps you to defend physically.
Used in PDT sets.
400k-1 Million. Rare
High Quality feet used for tanking.
Used in PDT sets, beaten by Phorcys.
1.2-3 Million. Very Rare.
A Gorget that gives PDT and Regen, but added Magic Damage.
PDT set, not bad for a Regen set too.
110k-500k. Common
Gauntlets used for tanking, lots of enmity, and good against magic.
Used in MDT sets.
400k-1.2 Million. Very Rare.
An earring with attack, and defense from magic.
Used in MDT sets.
100-300k. Rare./td]
[td]
A sash with Elemental resistances..
Used in MDT sets.
20k-200k. Rare.
Enhances Dark Magic
Dark Magic set
8k-250k. Very Rare.
H
Enhances Dark Magic
Dark Magic set. Get one of these unless you can get the Aesir Torque, which gives +10 Dark Magic skill during Darksday.
10k-80k. Rare.
A harness used for attack, evasion, MP and Dark Magic.
Dark Magic set. Get the HQ if possible.
25-250k. Rare.
A high quality harness used for attack, evasion, MP and Dark Magic.
Dark Magic set. Buy an NQ if you cannot get one of these.
Crafted
H
Gauntlets specifically used for Absorbs, also gives high Dark Magic skill.
Dark Magic & Absorb set. Adds +2 to Absorbs.
30k-200k. Rare.
A sash with Enfeebling and Dark Magic skill
Dark Magic set.
350k-2.5 Million. Very Rare
H
A rare crown with the highest amount of Dark Magic then any other.
Not currently sold on AH as it is a Legion piece. Put here for future reference.
Dropped in Maquette Abdhaljs-Legion
H
High quality sollerets used for better Absorbs.
Absorb set. Rare to get, but gives +11 seconds to an Absorb.
100k-3.25 Million. Very Rare. Crafted.
H
A Mantle dropped from Legion. It gives +10% Potency, and +20% Duration to Absorb spells..
Absorb set.
800k-5 Million
H
Low level earring dropped from a Malboro, a great source of HP.
Used for extra HP, in a Dread Spikes HP set, or if you want more HP for a Souleater+Blood Weapon combo.
50-150k. Common.
An earring with HP and MP
Used for extra HP, in a Dread Spikes HP set, or if you want more HP for a Souleater+Blood Weapon combo.
5-10k. Common.
A belt with a good amount of HP, and some STR.
Used for extra HP, in a Dread Spikes HP set.
80-400k. Very Rare.
A Campaign piece that gives a good boost to HP and MP.
Used for extra HP, in a Dread Spikes HP set.
40-300k. Very Rare.
A mage coat with Intelligence, Magic Accuracy and Fast Cast
Used in a Fast Cast set.
900k-2 Million. Very Rare.
A belt with more haste then any other.
Used in Niche setups, like Fast Cast sets, Hybrid TP/PDT/MDT sets etc.
Crafted
A mage ring with MP and Fast Cast.
Used in Fast Cast set.
600k-1.3 Million. Rare.
A flower taken from the head of a lycopodium.
Can be used to help cast spells quicker. Most likely placed in Dark Magic or Fast Cast set.
600k-1Million Rare
A ring with a little Haste.
Used to help cap Haste for those struggling to do so in certain sets.
70k-800k. Rare.
A Pinion with a little Haste.
Used to help cap Haste for those struggling to do so in certain sets.
10k-50k. Rare.
A Ring with a sole purpose of giving Regen.
Regen Set. 2 HP a tick.
30-280k Common
A Ring designed for Legion, with traits of Double Attack.
Legion set.
250k-600k Rare.

Prices of Items taken from the Medians from across all servers. Rarity taken from how often they sell on Cerberus.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-25 14:16:02  
Finally a DD guide! This is all really exciting, now we need Kaerin or someone to step up and make the WAR guide!

Also I didn't realize how many sets DRK uses. Crazy stuff, nearly as many as I use on BLU. But I guess it's like that for most of the heavy DD jobs, no?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-25 14:19:16  
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
now we need Kaerin or someone to step up and make the WAR guide!
lmfao
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-25 14:20:05  
DRK is a bit special since they have Dark Magic that can take up some room.
And specially with Apocalypse, there might be some extra gear to make that work properly.
But yeah, a good DD no matter which job will have alot of sets.
(Blu ofc having more, if you want sets for everything :P)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 14:21:01  
A job has as many sets as your willing to delve into. Some players could be a DD and just have a TP and WS setup, whereas others like to go into so much depth it blows those kinds of players away. Xbox players (like my dad) can't use windower/spellcast to change gears quickly, so it usually ends up being counter productive to have too many sets, as it means having to press so many more buttons to get into the right gear to do what you want to do.

Some players are incredibly dedicated to getting the maximum out of their performance, others just want to smack stuff and don't care about the numbers.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-25 14:21:13  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
lmfao

;; not sure why it's funny. If someone has better WAR sets on AH I'd be thrilled to get a link.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-25 14:25:06  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
lmfao

;; not sure why it's funny. If someone has better WAR sets on AH I'd be thrilled to get a link.
Will take all of 5 minutes to make any set you'd need.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-25 14:27:50  
Warrior is one of the easiest jobs to play. But yea this is not a WAR thread, or a DD debate. It's all about Dark Knight! Now let me eat your soul...

By the way that table took a while to make. Hope someone finds it useful.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 203 204 205