users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » [Dev] Limbus/Einherjar Adjustments
[Dev] Limbus/Einherjar Adjustments
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:36:17  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
So who else is paranoid and made sure to stock up on level 35/25 pieces in preparation for SE making a really dumb upgrade system where you trade in new armor + 75 + 35 + 25 + 15 to make the super ultimate new armor!

I've been doing that lol!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-08 02:38:54  
I really, really doubt that you need more than 3 people(2DD + SCH) to clear a T3 in under 10 minutes. Also, I know firsthand that it's not an issue at all to clear Odin in 10 minutes with 4. I still don't expect a mythic "boom", but let's be realistic. After nerf, replace SCH with BRD.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:40:37  
It's not an issue for people who are already capable of making a mythic, no.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:42:51  
I also have a suspicion that a successful implementation of Neo-Salvage will hurt Dynamis currency prices.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-08 02:50:16  
Ive done 90k tokens doing old nyzul 91-100 spam as well, guaranteed win+1 rankup point. I just have a lamp mule that pays for the initial floor jump. Tokens arent hard, its more just an annoying grind. To clarify, it would only be hard if someone was trying to get them while farming NNI for gear (and risking losing) like nynja said.

I just really hope the entry fee for neo salvage isnt something stupid like an ID tag which would put it at odds with finishing assault clears or finishing token farming in the short term.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:54:39  
I never said tokens were hard, I was framing it specifically in time required compared to a relic. If you have the gil and currency ready, a relic requires 14 days, 2 dynamis entries, and a few trips to NPCs.

Also, when I mentioned that I figure dynamis currency prices will take a hit, that's important because it's a hit to many players' incomes. Dynamis is sort of the last frontier of legitimate gil-making.

I mean, yeah, there's fishing ("legitimate"), but based on the number of people at the fishing GP NPC and Zaldon everyday, I'm half expecting a massive GM sweep of Glacier in the not-so-distant future.
 Bahamut.Loziel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Loziel
By Bahamut.Loziel 2012-12-08 03:15:03  
I wouldnt worry, as long as relics like Ragna, Aegis, Anni, and Horn exist there will always be a steady market for currency. Especially Ragna at the moment
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-08 03:29:03  
Dyna currency has actually gone up in price on our server since the blinkernerf which is somewhat encouraging as a moneymaking option.

Huge amounts of flocking to fishing though on our server as well, alot of people have partially completed relic/mythic so there has been scrambling to make money and devise a plan to fund+finish them.

Serious question here though, if someone did a shout for an einherjar wing chamber farm and they were paying the lamp cost, wouldnt you join it for an easy win and 1-2k ichor? Caedarva Mire VW warp+run to halzam is pretty much in everyones reach now.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-12-08 03:50:26  
Yeah, just spamming tier 3 chambers everyday would be great to race for that eyepatch. And it's the same on my server as well with the increase in fisherman.

@Sylow, I wouldn't be shocked if a Hakuryu nerf hit by the next update.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-09 02:37:49  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I really, really doubt that you need more than 3 people(2DD + SCH) to clear a T3 in under 10 minutes.

Would need pretty good gear and probably some pretty lucky rolls on what monster sets you end up getting. I mean, at least you still get ichor regardless, but I never find it to be worth risking a lost run just because I was too lazy to find like 2 extra people on top of the people in my LS that are bored. Ein has no real prerequisites to enter anyway, so it's not like some other events where you would need to wait for people with access to see the shout.

Quote:
I also have a suspicion that a successful implementation of Neo-Salvage will hurt Dynamis currency prices.

Wasn't Alex prices sort-of determined by Dynamis currency prices by virtue of people trying to figure out how much their time spent in Salvage was "worth", not so much the other way around?

Currency prices have dropped a bit on my server but I'm sure it's because of the blinker nerf.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 02:43:05  
That's true right now Kincard, but there's also very little "natural" Alexandrite supply. If Neo-Salvage generates a significant natural supply of Alexandrite, then Alexandrite and currency prices will no longer be "linked" because Alexandrite won't be the "alternative farming location," it'll come into being as a side effect of people getting armor.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-09 02:55:35  
Neo Salvage releases ---> Supply goes up ---> People think they can make a mythic ---> prices stay the same/slightly deflate, but don't go very low due to more demand ---> People realize they don't have the attention span to make a mythic ---> price still doesn't go down because *** everything
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 03:08:31  
Well, at least it'll untie it from dynamis currency prices if anything, lol.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-09 03:11:34  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
That's true right now Kincard, but there's also very little "natural" Alexandrite supply. If Neo-Salvage generates a significant natural supply of Alexandrite, then Alexandrite and currency prices will no longer be "linked" because Alexandrite won't be the "alternative farming location," it'll come into being as a side effect of people getting armor.

I'm still confused as to how more Alex would affect Dynamis currency prices since the majority of people farming Dynamis arn't doing it to fund a mythic anyway. I was more thinking that if Alex price drops, it's precisely because there's a lot more of it so it's not linked to Dynamis currency, but since Dynamis currency isn't "linked" to Alex in the same way it'll stay more or less the same.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 03:24:37  
Current ("commercial") demand for relics is driven by people with extensive resources (Poor people farm relics, they don't buy them). By "successful implementation of Neo-Salvage, I'm assuming that one of their major goals (as they have stated) is to address the Alexandrite supply, and thus I mean that the Alexandrite supply becomes much more reasonable.

Attention would turn in part to Mythics, and reduce demand for Ancient Currency. There are obviously balancing points and stable thresholds, but I anticipate that these points will drop for both Alex and currencies.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-09 03:29:33  
Heh, if currency drops along with alex pretty much all the people looking to "casually" farm their mythic will be back to where they started. =P
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 03:32:24  
Well yeah.

SE has been systematically eliminating all legitimate methods of making gil without crafting.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-09 03:33:42  
Wouldn't be at all surprised if fishing got hit in this next update.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 03:34:34  
As I've said though, Dynamis is currently the more or less the last frontier of legitimate solo (non-crafting) income. People will continue to do it even if prices drop 50%, because there just aren't other options.

I don't really see a 50% decrease though, more like a 15-20% decrease.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Wouldn't be at all surprised if fishing got hit in this next update.

Fishing isn't legitimate: it's "legitimate."
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-09 03:35:40  
Hey now, there's always going back to doing the black tiger fang quest for an immense 50k/hr
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 03:36:47  
I was going to say I found a way to harvest 800-1000k/hr, but it involves crafting.

And also it involves harvesting.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-09 03:40:37  
i'll go back to what I used to do

i'll farm bloods to NPC

oh wait
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-12-09 03:41:19  
I remember doing lesser gaylas for an amazing 50k+ an hour back before before they nerfed the npc price of vial of beast blood. I was rolling in the dough.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 03:45:59  
I'm not telling you peasants my super awesome harvesting secrets.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-09 03:48:24  
i'd have a pretty good harvesting scheme going on if I could set up my irrigation properly...
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-09 03:51:55  
I'd try to figure it out on my own if I had more than like 3 inventory spaces at any given moment
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-09 04:00:45  
I'd try to figure it out on my own if I had more than like 3 inventory spaces at any given moment

Panetiere

Do you have it?
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-09 04:01:22  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Panetiere

Do you have it?

Stack mannequins, like a boss.
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-09 04:03:36  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Well yeah.

SE has been systematically eliminating all legitimate methods of making gil without crafting.

BCNM is a legit method of making gils, but the supply in seals really sucks, unless you're exp'ing the old fashion way.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-09 04:08:56  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Panetiere

Do you have it?

Stack mannequins, like a boss.

Having a fly pad to invite Jinjo back to is much more important than inventory space.
[+]