フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » [Dev] Limbus/Einherjar Adjustments
[Dev] Limbus/Einherjar Adjustments
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-07 20:09:23  
Quote:
The ein adjustments are nice, but its not like the limbus gear just became good with this update.

Well, it has like 2 or 3 really good sidegrade pieces and it'll be a lot easier to get them now since ABCs are going to be worth squat.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-12-07 20:16:12  
I'd say about 2/5 of the drops off Ultima and Omega each are pretty useful. I don't expect the ratio to change much in Neo-Salvage, but I'm hoping to be surprised by having 5/5 be useful.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-07 20:16:46  
Isn't there also a really good whm melee piece? I don't remember ;x
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-07 20:19:37  
Ya, the body.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-07 20:22:12  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Quote:
The ein adjustments are nice, but its not like the limbus gear just became good with this update.

Well, it has like 2 or 3 really good sidegrade pieces and it'll be a lot easier to get them now since ABCs are going to be worth squat.

Meh, the event could have been completely finished in a month or less, before this update.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-12-07 20:26:33  
True enough. My LS has only gone once a week and we're already almost capped after a few months of runs. Just need a couple more Arch Ultima tails and i-forget-what-piece from Omega.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-07 20:30:26  
Lakshmi.Mahoro said: »
I'd say about 2/5 of the drops off Ultima and Omega each are pretty useful. I don't expect the ratio to change much in Neo-Salvage, but I'm hoping to be surprised by having 5/5 be useful.

Closer to 4/5 off ultima, but sadly when ppl say gear is useless they generally mean useless for melee.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-12-07 20:32:28  
Forgot the mage melee body, Kalilla, yes.

And yes, Altar, I dislike that phenomenon too.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-07 20:33:28  
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Lakshmi.Mahoro said: »

Closer to 4/5 off ultima, but sadly when ppl say gear is useless they generally mean useless for melee.

Ironically, the whm piece is good for melee.
By Heimdel 2012-12-07 21:00:23  
Now chips being able to be sold won't that mean a risk of zones being constantly tied up by people farming them to sell.
 Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2012-12-07 21:40:06  
woot bout darn time :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-07 21:44:07  
Wow. This is actually a really, really nice change. makes getting ampoules for mythics easier if your LS runs odin2 and thus restricts your ability to get them efficiently
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-12-07 23:51:17  
Heimdel said: »
Now chips being able to be sold won't that mean a risk of zones being constantly tied up by people farming them to sell.
Yeah, areas are totally going to fill up now just because chips are going to be sellable, thats totally breathing life into limbus!
By Otomis 2012-12-07 23:59:02  
This is very exciting news indeed!
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-08 01:43:41  
20 hour einherjar cooldown means say goodbye to neo salvage making Alexandrite cheaper.

Definately makes it easier to finish a mythic overall, though.

I cant really wrap my brain around why people would suddenly commit to a 600mil mythic because meeting the existing ichor requirements spread over ~4 months of einherjar going every 3 days instead of now *maybe* everyday spamming for 5 weeks was some monumental roadblock.

(its about 4months to do it right now since 35 odins v1 is all you need to get 100k ichor if you are buying valkyrie KI sets which go for about 350k on my server. So covering your own entry, its 12mil gil in all, which isnt much in the scope of making a mythic. Its not hard to find 6 other people that play bst that are willing to pay 350k for a chance at freelot odin v1 loot+2880 ichor)

If anything it will probably make wing chamber runs easier to throw together more often pug voidwatch style (and valk KI items for odin spam could get cheaper) from people that just want to convert ichor to gil.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:02:10  
The einherjar timer nerf may not have as much of an effect on ichor farming as you think. Yes, it sounds great on paper.

But what do you think the entry timer reduction is going to do to the price/availability of Odin pop items?

And you still need 6 people. Every time. Every day.

It'll cut the time somewhat, but it's probably not realistic to assume that it will be a 3 fold decrease. A 3-day timer is pretty reasonable to get people to gather at a specific time each time and give everyone time to get pops for the next Odin.

Odin also requires a little more preparation than getting on your DNC/THF/BST/BLU and running around Dynamis for 2 hours.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-12-08 02:10:22  
Odin is getting on your nin and putting 5 mules in a corner. Sounds pretty comparable tbh.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:12:41  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Odin is getting on your nin and putting 5 mules in a corner. Sounds pretty comparable tbh.

The subset of players that have 5 mules is much smaller than the subset of players that can enter Dynamis.

You won't see the same sort of increase in the rate of players making mythics as we saw with relics.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-12-08 02:14:45  
This is true, but how many people are willing to put in the gil to get 30k alexandrite and not have a way to get 5 characters sitting in ein for them? Didn't necessarily mean their own mules, and hopefully you would be teaming up with at least one other person while doing this who is also after ichor. Much more reasonable to expect someone to carry 3 characters each than 5.

Yeah, the alexandrite supply is just far too low for anything like the relic craze, unless they do something drastic with neo-salvage. I'm also pretty sure a good percentage of the people who make relics are not intelligent enough figure out how to clear most assaults or work order lamps even.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:16:45  
Even if you go every day, and do Odin every time, it still takes at least 6 times longer (tokens are going to be more of a hassle with nerfed embrava) to complete the additional mythic requirements than it does to complete a relic's "Additional requirements" (waiting).
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 02:18:16  
For the few times I've shouted for a couple extra people for Ein (After pulling together some random bored peeps in my LS), I think you'd be pretty surprised how many people are willing to take a break from the norm of killing T3 VW all day to do something different. Even if Valk Tears drop to, say, 50k apiece, it's really not that bad a reward for an event where you just walk in and spam WSs on stuff for 20-30 minutes.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:21:43  
With demand for Alexandrite still limited by additional content, as long as Salvage is worth doing, Alex will drop significantly (just not immediately).
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 02:25:03  
As far as mythic construction goes, changes in Ampoules probably isn't really a game changer for the people who were just thinking about making one, but it is going to cut the time frame considerably shorter for the people who already have the gil ready to go and were bein bottlenecked by their ichor progression. Pretty small number of players that applies to, yeah.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:25:05  
(The more they draw out the event with shitty drop rates or weird upgrade requirements that require entering more salvage instances, the more alex will drop)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-12-08 02:29:11  
Even if Valk Tears drop to, say, 50k apiece, it's really not that bad a reward for an event where you just walk in and spam WSs on stuff for 20-30 minutes.
I dont think this will happen, if anything the price will go up as the demand to power through goes up.

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Even if you go every day, and do Odin every time, it still takes at least 6 times longer (tokens are going to be more of a hassle with nerfed embrava) to complete the additional mythic requirements than it does to complete a relic's "Additional requirements" (waiting).
Me and a friend 2boxed old Nyzul for Tokens cause we were bored, and we cleared 86-100+ pretty easily for over 6k tokens. doing NNI for token is pretty shitty idea, since you'll be spending tokens on temps as well.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 02:30:15  
I'm expecting level 75 rates of drops from neo salvage, except that there's double the sets of armor to get this time. Probably would keep us busy for a while assuming it's useful stuff.

Hell, even if it wasn't that useful, didn't stop people from getting ***like Skadi's Visor. >_>
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-12-08 02:32:16  
Hell, even if it wasn't that useful, didn't stop people from getting ***like Skadi's Visor. >_>
its proof that the ramparts loaded mobs, why would you NOT wear it and parade it around?!?
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:33:15  
It's also important to consider that relics have virtually no prerequisites, and you can pretty much solo one in less than 3 months (less than 2 if you're fishing on top of that). If you have unlimited gil you can make one every 14 days or so. This accessibility keeps the currency market alive, but it seems like at least on my server, it's started to lose its steam (Everything is 1k less on average/single than when I did my relic a few months ago).

Mythics have 2 months+ of prerequisites doing them every day (some of which are extremely annoying), that cannot be soloed, so this is an intitial deterring factor for your average joe player who might have been able to get on BST and pump out a Guttler and a Mandau. The additional 90 days of requirements that also cannot be soloed will curtail demand for Alexandrite.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 02:35:54  
So who else is paranoid and made sure to stock up on level 35/25 pieces in preparation for SE making a really dumb upgrade system where you trade in new armor + 75 + 35 + 25 + 15 to make the super ultimate new armor!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-08 02:36:03  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Even if Valk Tears drop to, say, 50k apiece, it's really not that bad a reward for an event where you just walk in and spam WSs on stuff for 20-30 minutes.
I dont think this will happen, if anything the price will go up as the demand to power through goes up.

Seconded.

Quote:
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Me and a friend 2boxed old Nyzul for Tokens cause we were bored, and we cleared 86-100+ pretty easily for over 6k tokens. doing NNI for token is pretty shitty idea, since you'll be spending tokens on temps as well.

I did the same thing for 6-8k, but we also used Embrava. Our runs without embrava were less impressive. Even at 6k/run with no losses that's an extra 25 days and you still need 50 days to do your assaults.