Magic Accuracy+40
Katana skill +269
Parrying skill +269
Magic Accuracy skill +269
"Utsusemi" effect extends to an area
"Utsusemi": Shadow image of party member -2
Lv. 99~ NIN

Holy *** wow, AoE Utsusemi.
Sucks that it's stuck behind a Rank 1 Bonanza but crikey, that is easily a Ninja's best tanking Katana if fighting alongside DPS. Gives some great damage mitigation (even if you're not the target) and also turns Utsusemi: Ni and San into absolute monsters for Enmity generation.

Assuming +100 Enmity (easy to achieve under Yonin) and assuming you hit your entire party with Utsusemi.
240 CE / 980 VE
x 6 = 1440 CE / 5880 VE

That's *** bonkers.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-02-09 03:05:42  
OMFG
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2021-02-09 05:55:20  
its 2003 again boys!
[+]
 Bahamut.Omegus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-02-09 06:04:45  
As much as i would love this will it really count the shadows you give party members towards your enmity. Also i doubt it ll give boots and backs extra shadows, more likely it'll be 1 shadow for ichi, and 3 for san on pt members.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 06:33:48  
Bahamut.Omegus said: »
As much as i would love this will it really count the shadows you give party members towards your enmity. Also i doubt it ll give boots and backs extra shadows, more likely it'll be 1 shadow for ichi, and 3 for san on pt members.

Pretty sure it will follow the same mechanic as Liement being upgraded to AoE with Epeo. Does Epeo gives enmity x6 for Liement? Another similar mechanic would be Accession. Does Accession spells give enmity x6?

As for number of shadows I think its 50/50 how it would be. Closest example would be "Aquaveil" I guess? Do "Aquaveil"+x pieces works when you AoE Aquaveil with Accession?
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
サーバ: Valefor
user: Serj
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2021-02-09 06:47:05  
Thing have changed in the last 8 years but Diffusion and Yagrush both gave enmity per target hit.
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 06:55:44  
Valefor.Godsblackarm said: »
Thing have changed in the last 8 years but Diffusion and Yagrush both gave enmity per target hit.

Then this might also work, but its indeed totally game changing weapon then. Its basically makes NIN the best enmity generator in game by miles and its walled by Bonanza. Is that their logic? They can make it totally OP and broken, because only few people will get it, so it wont break the game? If thats their logic, then this stuff wont be available outside of Bonanza and then they can gtfo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-09 06:57:37  
Ruaumoko said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/nomadmogbon/#_27

DMG:156 Delay:227
DEX+30 Accuracy+40
Ranged Accuracy+40
Magic Accuracy+40
Katana skill +269
Parrying skill +269
Lv. 99~ NIN

Holy *** wow, AoE Utsusemi.
Sucks that it's stuck behind a Rank 1 Bonanza but crikey, that is easily a Ninja's best tanking Katana if fighting alongside DPS. Gives some great damage mitigation (even if you're not the target) and also turns Utsusemi: Ni and San into absolute monsters for Enmity generation.

Assuming +100 Enmity (easy to achieve under Yonin) and assuming you hit your entire party with Utsusemi.
240 CE / 980 VE
x 6 = 1440 CE / 5880 VE

That's *** bonkers.

Yea so Epic, shame it's not a piece that can be earned and you pretty much just have to win the lottery... pretty amazing though!
By Izanami 2021-02-09 10:46:33  

DEX+30 Accuracy+40
Ranged Accuracy+40
Magic Accuracy+40
Katana skill +269
Parrying skill +269
Lv. 99~ NIN

That AoE Utsusemi effect is essentially what I requested to replace "Augments Mijin Gakure" on Nagi in my official forum post. Although I requested that it work with enhancing Ninjutsu as well.

Quote:
  • Enhancing Ninjutsu is applied to all party members within 5 yalms. Does not apply to alliance members.

• This also applies to Utsusemi with a cap of 3 shadows to nearby party members.

I'm pretty disappointed that they put it on a 1/1000 chance Bonanza weapon. At least this means that the developers probably read the official forum post, even if they didn't reply to it.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-09 11:39:58  
Izanami said: »

DEX+30 Accuracy+40
Ranged Accuracy+40
Magic Accuracy+40
Katana skill +269
Parrying skill +269
Lv. 99~ NIN

That AoE Utsusemi effect is essentially what I requested to replace "Augments Mijin Gakure" on Nagi in my official forum post. Although I requested that it work with enhancing Ninjutsu as well.

Quote:
  • Enhancing Ninjutsu is applied to all party members within 5 yalms. Does not apply to alliance members.

• This also applies to Utsusemi with a cap of 3 shadows to nearby party members.

I'm pretty disappointed that they put it on a 1/1000 chance Bonanza weapon. At least this means that the developers probably read the official forum post, even if they didn't reply to it.

Honestly just thinking that they might read English forums is somewhat encouraging.
Also: Great suggestion!
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-09 12:53:34  
While I would be more than happy to know that's that's exactely how things went (would mean they really do read english forums) it could entirely be just a coincidence, or a suggestion on the jp forums, etc.

Sigh.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-09 12:57:22  
Bahamut.Omegus said: »

If I won I’d get this for sure but yeah this would be my fear for it only giving 1 shadow for ichi and ni and 3 for San
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 12:57:24  
Sometimes Japanese players like/upvote and support opinions by NA players posted in their forums. I would not be surprised if this was something they heard from NA side, and parroted on their side to get the exposure it deserved. Or they could have come up with it themselves. Or SE could just be witty. For instance, the bow has "Barehanded" stats, which is pretty interesting. I would have never thought of doing something like that as a buff (still isnt big enough for Bows)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-02-09 15:29:35  
If i had to guess, the -2 shadows is only there to counteract ninja's +shadows gear for themselves. Basically, it just gives an AoE of base ninja shadows, while the ninja receives boosted shadows.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-09 15:30:04  
That’s the hope
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 15:36:25  
I will lul the hardest lul if it's ONE shadow for ichi and ni, the wording with -2 is indeed interesting.

It's so... improperly worded. Like Utsu gives ninja 4 shadows if 6 party members? Or 3 because party is 5+you or it gives max -2. You can never tell even when it's explicit so when its weird it's double irritating.
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 17:06:34  
It doesnt really matter if Ichi and Ni would only give 1-2 shadows. Ichi and Ni is just for massive enmity at this point, you give people 3 shadows from :San and thats enough. Its not like they will lose those shadows asap. They will lose it mostly to block AoE physical TP moves, at which point you can :san again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-09 17:28:38  
I could also see this weapon being badly abused if it's not limited. Ninja fully haste capped giving infinite shadows while samurai destroys something. Can't get hit from normal attacks, can use sp2 to block special attacks. Basically immune to every form of damage.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-09 17:30:33  
Given how "easy" it is to obtain this weapon, I'm not sure they're particularly concerned about stuff like that for, what, 20 players in the whole world?
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 17:34:58  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Given how "easy" it is to obtain this weapon, I'm not sure they're particularly concerned about stuff like that for, what, 20 players in the whole world?

Less. From 100 people that will win, 80 will be alts with no NIN and people will take shield or something. from 20 mains 15 people will take some other weapons/shield. Maybe 5 people will pick Katana. 3 of them will probably be people who comes back to game from time to time and only play solo for fun. So that leaves maybe 2 people who will actively play NIN with this katakana and maybe one of them will use it with full potential.

I feel like thats still too optimistic prediction XD
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-09 17:48:49  
So really yeah, I don't wanna defend their crazy choice of binding these weapons behind Bonanza, but at the same time I really doubt they're particularly concerned about possible unbalancements.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 17:55:30  
That's the long and short of it. It's not like the kupo shield where any account at any time could literally uproot the entire crafting market by winning the literal lottery.

It's a neat weapon that one dood will get and use it wrong anyway. Really nothing of any concern other than some wadded panties and jellies.

It's not going to make the unbeatable, beatable, it's not turning a 29:59 win into a 10:00 win. it's just fancy.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 18:01:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's the long and short of it. It's not like the kupo shield where any account at any time could literally uproot the entire crafting market by winning the literal lottery.

It's a neat weapon that one dood will get and use it wrong anyway. Really nothing of any concern other than some wadded panties and jellies.

The problem here is that Katana is actually well designed in both stats and graphic, while also being something cool for such starved for update job like NIN. Kupo shield was just some easy +3 skill. Its basically spitting to the face of all those NIN fans.
By Thunderjet 2021-02-10 13:45:53  
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Yagyu_Darkblade_(Final_Fantasy_XII)

Yagyū's Jet Black :3 noice i should have this katana by default!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 23:04:04  
Not hearing anybody talk about this as an OH option for NIN to compete with Ternion +1. Gets a lot of attack when fully augmented (75 total) and the TA/Crit is nice. No Ranged Accuracy, though.

Gleti's Knife
DMG:133 Delay:200
DEX+15 AGI+15
Accuracy+40 Attack+30
Magic Accuracy+40
Evasion+20
Dagger skill +255
Parrying skill +255
Magic Accuracy skill +242
Haste+2% "Triple Attack"+6% "Waltz" potency +10%
Critical hit rate +5%
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-13 01:56:16  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not hearing anybody talk about this as an OH option for NIN to compete with Ternion +1. Gets a lot of attack when fully augmented (75 total) and the TA/Crit is nice. No Ranged Accuracy, though.

Gleti's Knife
DMG:133 Delay:200
DEX+15 AGI+15
Accuracy+40 Attack+30
Magic Accuracy+40
Evasion+20
Dagger skill +255
Parrying skill +255
Magic Accuracy skill +242
Haste+2% "Triple Attack"+6% "Waltz" potency +10%
Critical hit rate +5%

It probably beats Ternion slightly, but I think katana that was added is in general better. Dagger is missing magic damage completely, so it's very bad for nuking. Katana is pretty much almost as good for nuking as Gokotai, but it's better for bursting. It's bis for hybrid WS. It has ranged accuracy and same att/acc as dagger. Stp, skillchain and WSD will generally lose to ta and crit for white damage and probably slightly for few or all WSs, but the problem here is augmenting this stuff will take ages and you probably won't prioritize dagger for a long time.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-02-13 03:12:43  
SimonSes said: »
The problem here is that Katana is actually well designed in both stats and graphic, while also being something cool for such starved for update job like NIN. Kupo shield was just some easy +3 skill. Its basically spitting to the face of all those NIN fans.

1) I would be pretty surprised if the weapon models that don't already have a cosmetic lv1 variant don't get them some time over the next year or so. I hope so, because I'd like that Yagyu Darkblade model just for /lockstyle purposes! I'd like the Bonanza gun too (but even the Bonanza version looks like it should be used as a lockstyle-only piece ohhhhhhhhhhhh)

2) As for the weapons themselves... I wouldn't really be that shocked if they debut as Bonanza only, but end up becoming available to everyone with some REMA-level grind.

SimonSes said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not hearing anybody talk about this as an OH option for NIN to compete with Ternion +1.
It probably beats Ternion slightly, but I think katana that was added is in general better. Dagger is missing magic damage completely, so it's very bad for nuking. Katana is pretty much almost as good for nuking as Gokotai, but it's better for bursting. It's bis for hybrid WS.

Just plugging stuff into spreadsheets, I get Ternion +1 (R15) slightly edging out Gleti (R0). Once Gleti starts getting augments, it seems to starts pulling away. Both Ternion R15 and Gleti R0 look like they beat Kunimitsu for physical damage, and that appears to be true... even with Kunimitsu at R30?

So maybe Kunimitsu as NIN's new best nuking weapon and hybrid WS offhand. That's a good niche.

But for physical WS without tacking on MBs, Gleti > Ternion +1 > Kunimitsu. And honestly, just from a nuke perspective I'd be surprised to see Kunimitsu beat Gleti if you aren't strongly focusing on MBs. Feels like more of a hybrid WS offhand option, or something to equip on a particularly magic weak mob where you're bursting as your main focus.

Also keep in mind that Kunimitsu is a NIN only weapon, whereas Gleti's is gonna be useful for most (if not all) of the SEVEN jobs that can equip it. So if you're trying to get more bang for your buck for the augment grind hell and you play jobs other than NIN that can use Gleti's... that may be a compelling reason to choose to prioritize the dagger.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-13 03:31:19  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
But for physical WS without tacking on MBs, Gleti > Ternion +1 > Kunimitsu. And honestly, just from a nuke perspective I'd be surprised to see Kunimitsu beat Gleti if you aren't strongly focusing on MBs. Feels like more of a hybrid WS offhand option, or something to equip on a particularly magic weak mob where you're bursting as your main focus.

Also keep in mind that Kunimitsu is a NIN only weapon, whereas Gleti's is gonna be useful for most (if not all) of the SEVEN jobs that can equip it. So if you're trying to get more bang for your buck for the augment grind hell and you play jobs other than NIN that can use Gleti's... that may be a compelling reason to choose to prioritize the dagger.

How much is katana loosing? Because it probably doesn't include 5% skillchain damage bonus, which should at least add 1% dps or something. Also what I meant is even base Katana is clearly the best for something (bursting and hybrid) while dagger needs augment to even pull ahead of Ternion. Things are looking really bad right now. Even with V25 being added, you will need like 38 wins to upgrade something to R30 and I don't even know if V25 won't be too hard to even reliably farm it. With current lag probably even V15 can be too hard for 95% of players. So it will be months or year till you should augment this dagger. If you also have different jobs it might be year+ even lol.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-02-13 04:42:47  
Yeah, you're prob not wrong on the annoyance factor. But man... if I'm going to augment anything with this system, I'm definitely going to be interested in prioritizing gear that's good for multiple jobs I care about.

As for DPS comparison, the Kannagi/Hi set I have up right now is ~3625dps for Ternion and drops to ~3450 swapping offhand out for Kunimitsu (no augs). That's actually slightly behind Tauret (~3475) before accounting for SC damage and MB bonus, so maybe a minor edge over Tauret for Kunimitsu.

With that being what it is, I'm... not really super enthusiastic about Kunimitsu!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 253 254 255