フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 253 254 255
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2019-07-08 09:32:23  
Not sure why SE has to always bungle this so that it's as confusing as possible.
Pre-Adjustment Post-Adjustment
Ninjutsu: San Damage Yonin Effect
Innin Effect
Innin Effect
Ninjutsu: San Cast Time Reduction Ninjutsu Magic Accuracy
Ninjutsu Magic Attack Bonus

The Hat just says "Yonin Effect". I assume it also does two things for Innin, or am I reading this wrong. I suppose someone will need to translate JP.

Also, the boots still include text for cast time reduction, yet this leads me to believe that was done away with. I wonder if this will be patched, or what.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-08 10:11:20  
I haven't tested it, but the underwhelming effect the mask has on HP with yonin effect makes me feel similarly about innin. Since yonin is only listed once but innin is listed twice, it probably lines up exactly with the merit categories for innin (mab + scd). Guessing the hat adds an extra 1% MBB and SCD per merit when the head is worn with innin active. Would give ninja 10 MBB/SCD total at 5/5. Not bad for nuking but annoying for getting the SCD bonus since nobody would generally use that mask in most WS sets.

I forgot to mention this earlier when I tested yonin. The HP BONUS from the Yonin merits is active regardless of where your positioned in relation to the target ( I didn't have any monster claimed when I tested yonin and it still gave me the HP). As lazy as SE was with this patch, I'm willing to bet the additional effects from Innin merits also aren't positional and are active full time when using Innin, and enhanced further with the mask. Again my guess is 1% MBB and SCD per merit, for a total of 5% bonus from the mask (10% total increase).

I guess I could test that, but just throwing out those scenarios as a starting point in case people want to similarly test
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-07-08 10:13:17  
I mean, the merit text for Innin literally says the SC/MB bonus is only when you're behind the enemy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2019-07-08 10:21:20  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I haven't tested it, but the underwhelming effect the mask has on HP with yonin effect makes me feel similarly about innin. Since yonin is only listed once but innin is listed twice, it probably lines up exactly with the merit categories for innin (mab + scd). Guessing the hat adds an extra 1% MBB and SCD per merit when the head is worn with innin active. Would give ninja 10 MBB/SCD total at 5/5. Not bad for nuking but annoying for getting the SCD bonus since nobody would generally use that mask in most WS sets.

I forgot to mention this earlier when I tested innin. The HP BONUS from the Yonin merits is active regardless of where your positioned in relation to the target ( I didn't have any monster claimed when I tested yonin and it still gave me the HP). As lazy as SE was with this patch, I'm willing to bet the additional effects from Innin merits also aren't positional and are active full time when using Innin, and enhanced further with the mask. Again my guess is 1% MBB and SCD per merit, for a total of 5% bonus from the mask (10% total increase).

If the bonus to SCD is full time, then it's worth considering going 5/5 for the extra damage for Ninja. I guess I could test that, but just throwing out those scenarios as a starting point in case people want to similarly test

Thanks, that actually makes sense. It seems they went with a bare-minimum effort on the additional merit augments.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-08 10:23:05  
Asura.Geriond said: »
I mean, the merit text for Innin literally says the SC/MB bonus is only when you're behind the enemy.

Thanks, corrected.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-07-08 12:41:50  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Thought it was just a small amount of magic damage on San Spells, it was actually a % bonus multiplier.
This means the loss is way bigger than I previously accounted for.
25% damage is no small feat, I doubt you'd be able to compensate for that even if you were to get +5 mab from going 5/5 in the Ninjutsu Mab category.

Similar to what they did with Protect and Shell for WHM, they need to imbue that +25% San damage into the San spells by default.

They might have approached the changes as an overall gain to nukes since you now get all 6 San spells at "full" strength (I assume that's the current/newly modified San strength). Would have needed 30 merits to do that prior to this update. So, maybe they think that the big time nerf to Relic head from augment change was OK due to that "balance"...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-08 12:49:03  
They thought they were slick by removing that augment and giving us a watered down version via merits. After we test that the damage was significantly nerfed, we might need to complain on the OF about it. It wasn't even a change that any of us really wanted (more nuking potential) but they basically robbed Peter to pay Paul as far as ninjutsu is concerned. Very clumsily implemented
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-07-08 12:54:44  
Hey, so aside from the nice upgrade from Jukukik Feather for Blade: Shun and Metsu... C. Palug Stone has possible use for Blade: Hi. Varies depending on weapon/buffs... Yetshila +1 still usually wins, but Stone can take 1st place if you need full acc. Below that, it varies as to whether order is Yetshila+1 > C.Palug Stone > NQ Yetshila, or Yet+1 > NQ Yet > Stone. Depends on weapon/buffs/target.

Probably don't want to bother changing things if you have Yetshila +1, but for those who don't it's a viable option for Hi.
By Antisense 2019-07-08 13:50:54  
Byrth said in 2012 he confirmed the total bonus from the relic head augment was 25% at 5/5 (and apparently not the same term as MAB!) so it is a clear loss of potential max damage for San spells (assuming no ninja-changes since then prior to July 2019). Maybe if we complain enough on the OF they'll at least switch relic feet with relic head.

Also Byrth's San damage calculation on bg wiki still seems to be accurate for San (can't figure out why it doesn't work for Ichi and Ni yet... probably will never figure it out)... but I did notice Ninjutsu skill does seem to provide a damage increase up to 500 skill but no further. Also dINT even in the 230 range still increases San damage too.

Example with 5/5 MAB merits (MAB+20)with MAB+28 and mDmg+40 from all NIN job gifts on a Tiny Mandragora (INT = 6):
=1.48*((104-6)*1.5+134+40)*(1+(469-275)*0.5/100) => 935.9, observed 935

Same as above but Hattori Tekko +1 (INT contribution and ninjutsu damage +14 which was found to be MAB in the past)
=1.62*((116-6)*1.5+134+40)*(1+(469-275)*0.5/100) => 1081.885, observed 1080

Same as above but Hattori Tekko +1 and Mochizuki hatsuburi +3 (MAB+61 with additional INT contribution and ninjutsu damage +14+21 which was found to be MAB in the past)
=2.44*((116+32-6)*1.5+134+40)*(1+(469-275)*0.5/100) => 1860.232, observed 1859
 Asura.Kitfoxtrot
user: foxtrot
By Asura.Kitfoxtrot 2019-07-08 13:57:49  
bummer

It was already a dps loss gamble to go for a mb unless solo and was never anywhere near op.

HP bonus on yonin is a joke. Inquarta at a minimum wouldve been nice.

SC/MB on innin is a cute idea but I'd never want a nin to close unless vs mnk or another nin given Nin's low ws damage.

Maybe they'll fix relic+3 head and we can at least have same old mb damage but be able to merit macc to potentially make it more useful on higher content? But again... given how af+3 head piece is I'm doubtful.

I was hopping for a reason to have nin in a pt slot, but still does same/less dmg as a support dd w/o offering anything.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-08 14:56:54  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55666-Possible-error-after-July-2019-patch-%28Ninjutsu-damage%29?p=617883#post617883
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-08 15:00:03  
Thanks for posting Sechs. Immediately upvoted and I hope they address it. No way that's not a nerf.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to join a Kei run on Ninja and see if nuking got any better. Before it was hard to pull off due to such low macc, maybe now its easier. But we would still prefer the higher damage from San spells.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-08 15:49:09  
In their defense, we can now get Mab +20 from the new merit category, but that's not even close to 25% damage I'm afraid.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-08 15:52:18  
But we have to sacrifice merits (they suck, but still) to close the gap, which is actually a nerf rather than a buff. I had all spells unlocked before the update, all this change did was require me to spend more merits to power it back up.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 01:28:41  
But we have to sacrifice merits (they suck, but still) to close the gap, which is actually a nerf rather than a buff. I had all spells unlocked before the update, all this change did was require me to spend more merits to power it back up.
Not completely, since if you had all spells unlocked not all of them were at 5/5 potency.

Still, it's a nerf I'm not denying that.
We need to unite and make our voice heard =/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 01:54:40  
Thanks Kusaregedo.
I want to be optimist and believe SE just did a silly mistake and that they meant to imbue the +25% damage into the base spells but forgot to, just like they did with Protect/Shell and the additional bonus from Relic Legs/Feet on WHM.
That got fixed the following month but SE acknowledged their mistake within a couple of weeks from the patch being out.

It's what I'm hoping for here as well.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-07-09 02:52:27  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Thanks Kusaregedo.
I want to be optimist and believe SE just did a silly mistake
By Antisense 2019-07-09 08:20:11  
"Current Known Issue (Jul. 9)" 02:44 [PDT]

Quote:
"We have confirmed the following issue.
We are currently investigating, and ask for your patience as we resolve the issue promptly.

[Confirmed Issue]

- "Ninjutsu Magic Accuracy" and "Ninjutsu Magic Attack Bonus" are not working correctly on these following equipment. Kog. Kyahan +2, Mochizuki Kyahan, Mochi. Kyahan +1, Mochi. Kyahan +2, Mochi. Kyahan +3"

We apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing.

In case you were wondering, the augment is listed incorrectly (at least for the EN client). The augment provides MAB+2 for each level so you would get MAB+30 total at 5/5 (MAB+20 from group 2 merits and MAB+10 from the augment). I checked myself.

Maybe by working correctly the original 25% augment will be fixed (but it really belongs on the head, so swap feet and head augments), as I think they don't even know the English augment description is wrong, like they don't care about fixing the wrong monthly A.M.A.N. HTBF description or the "Mikage" description on the JSE ambuscade cape.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 08:24:59  
So that's like Mab+10 on the feet, if you have 5/5 Mab merits.
Even in the best case scenario (the one I just described) I still don't see Mochizuki Kyahan +3 being a better option than stuff like Hachiya Kyahan +3 or a godly augmented Herc feet, or something else I'm probably not thinking of atm.
[+]
By Antisense 2019-07-09 08:34:43  
Mochizuki Kyahan +3 ninjutsu skill will increase damage too (ninjutsu skill increases Ichi/Ni/San damage for NIN main up to a point, which seems to be 500 skill for San spells) but lacks the MAB and INT of Hachiya (and the MBD bonus)
By Nariont 2019-07-09 08:35:12  
Unless ninjutsu+ added enough dmg to cover the missing 50~ mab no, even with the augment working correctly a good pair of herc boots would likely beat it

Honestly should have moved the mijin aug to body, put macc on the feet, mab on head, and yonin/innin thing on legs, but nins not the only job that gets a bit screwed on augment placements
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 08:37:59  
Even disregarding the Magic Burst Bonus and even putting Mochizuki under the best possibile conditions for them (5/5 MAB merits) I still don't see the NIN skill there increasing damage more than the MAB/INT on Hachiya.

Bahadir performed some detailed tests, the damage increase from Ninjutsu wasn't anything stellar if I recall.
[+]
By Antisense 2019-07-09 09:06:19  
The ninjutsu skill thing is just something to consider like INT is also something to consider (there is no initial/unaugmented INT + good quantity of MAB on any level119 feet for NIN aside from Hachiya feet) as these days NIN can clear MAB+200 total easily and you can get a bunch of mDmg from katanas. There is still some ground to make up between 469 and 500 but you wouldn't necessarily gear for ninjutsu skill like you wouldn't prioritize dark skill over Aspir potency or dark affinity for Aspir
By Nariont 2019-07-09 09:10:17  
can get int on herc boots aswell as some 30~ish mab ontop of its 10 base
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-09 09:35:45  
It's simple they are trolling if they think any ninja is going to use those feet for nuking. Again, it requires mab and macc merits, where before it didn't. Plus 25% San damage across the board or all of this is entirely meaningless..
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 09:44:57  
Antisense said: »
The ninjutsu skill thing is just something to consider
Agreed, and after consideration the result is that they will produce inferior damage, even if you have 5/5 MAB merits (i.e. +10 Mab on Mochizuki feet).
This is what I was trying to say, not that Skill is useless or that it should be disregarded.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-09 11:04:42  
It's simple they are trolling if they think any ninja is going to use those feet for nuking. Again, it requires mab and macc merits, where before it didn't. Plus 25% San damage across the board or all of this is entirely meaningless..
I am immediately reminded of the elemental debuffs on BLM from the last month.
  • Shoes are literally the only piece of gear that has an effect for elemental debuffs

• SE introduces merits for elemental debuffs and need to change the relic augments

• Puts the elemental debuff not on the shoes

• Genius

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-09 11:19:23  
The JP wiki is going on about the Nerf to ninjutsu. They are also questioning the uselessness of hatsuburi mask paired with yonin augments, similarly the feet with mab merits. They acknowledged the feet augments aren't working but ignored the real argument being made. Also interesting to see the entire JP side against this whole ninjutsu magic change as a whole. Absolutely nobody asked for increased magic damage.

Someone also said the innin effect is somewhere around MBB+1~2 percent per merit on the head augment, but that's not working properly either. Sloppy work
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-09 11:30:01  
There is quite a lot of "programming typos" in this update. Makes me wonder if this month they had moved people over to 14 temporarily to help with the new Shadowbringers release. (As game studios are often wont to do.)
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 253 254 255