Bravura/Ukon

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Bravura/Ukon
Bravura/Ukon
By lhova 2012-10-23 14:36:30  
Well what about for VW, is Ukon better than Bravura?
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-10-23 15:07:41  
really?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-10-23 15:13:34  
lol
 Lakshmi.Raksha
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2012-10-25 19:17:31  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

(Assuming 6 PDT on both dark rings, two PDT on both earrings, theres also a PDT ammo which idr name of. --Not including Dring/Phos+1)

(Assuming 6 PDT on both dark rings)

May need to quote me to see sets, I seem to have a problem posting this, aswell as quoting people.

Would this change if you had access to odin v2 drops? dt-11 but 2% slow on the body.

specifcally thinking about the bravura set.
 Leviathan.Egonn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-11-06 20:50:03  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
The situations where Bravura might win over Ukon are situations where Ragnarok will easily beat both, so I'd suggest making that instead. Bravura's "niche" is its utility, most notably the -20% damage taken via aftermath. Unfortunately not as notable in an era where capping PDT is easy and PD/Embrava/Fanatic's/etc run rampant, but maybe down the line after the PD/Embrava nerf it will have *some* value. 200 million gil of value... that's up to you.

How are you "easily" capping PDT on war? 10% Dring 6%dark 19% Lbody and head 5% mantle 5% torque 4% from hands 5% from legs? I wouldn't call all that a small sacrifice when a Bravura War can practically tank like a pld and still do damage. Everything is situational but I love the idea of a Bravura War in my parties. They take hate and still live whereas many ukon/rags are dead pretty fast without PD.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-06 21:17:25  
Leviathan.Egonn said: »
How are you "easily" capping PDT on war? 10% Dring 6%dark 19% Lbody and head 5% mantle 5% torque 4% from hands 5% from legs? I wouldn't call all that a small sacrifice when a Bravura War can practically tank like a pld and still do damage. Everything is situational but I love the idea of a Bravura War in my parties. They take hate and still live whereas many ukon/rags are dead pretty fast without PD.
The *** is this post?

You have 2% in ammo, 5-8% in head, 5-6% in neck, 2% each ear, 6-11% body, 4% hands, we'll say 12% from dark rings, Shadow Mantle, 4% from waist, 5% from legs, 5% from feet. On the low end that's 52% + Shadow Mantle, which gives you more than enough room to create mixed sets if you actually need them. Hell, you can get 49% with Shadow Mantle and Nocturnus Helm without DRing or Odin II body.

Let's say...

Ukon/Claymore/---/Angha
Mekira+1/Wiglen/Darkness/Black
Mekira/Magma/Dark/Dark
Shadow/Phos/AF3/Phorcys

That's 40% + Shadow Mantle with 22% haste and 10% DA, and the only "hard" item to get is Mekira (which you can simply buy now). Technically you could add in Eisen Grip if you really want to (don't), or the -DT back. Dring adds 4% of course. You can do some optimizing on that set, but it's sufficient to make the point.

Also, tank like a PLD? Even "practically like" a PLD? Give me a break.

PS: post date matters. That post was way before news of PD nerf, not that it actually makes Bravura significantly more attractive.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-11-06 21:21:11  
As usual, Ejiin has a hax set that's apropos to this discussion if one wants to see high end options:

"Warrior -DT Hybrid - -51% PDT, -43% MDT, 20% Haste. Huginn Gauntlets: 4% Haste. Dark Ring: -6% PDT, -4% MDT. Darkness + Black Earring: -4% PDT total."
 Leviathan.Egonn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-11-06 21:43:49  
40% isn't capped PDT and you're still sacrificing a lot more than you would if you had the 20 from a Bravura. On any real mob I'd take 6 Bravura wars over 6 Ukkons at my side. With a Bravura you can still be a DD. With bravura you can get 40% with torque, dring, mantle... and still have 26% haste/6 hit build.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-06 22:05:13  
Leviathan.Egonn said: »
40% isn't capped PDT and you're still sacrificing a lot more than you would if you had the 20 from a Bravura. On any real mob I'd take 6 Bravura wars over 6 Ukkons at my side. With a Bravura you can still be a DD. With bravura you can get 40% with torque, dring, mantle... and still have 26% haste/6 hit build.

Phoenix.Suji said: »
As usual, Ejiin has a hax set that's apropos to this discussion if one wants to see high end options:

"Warrior -DT Hybrid - -51% PDT, -43% MDT, 20% Haste. Huginn Gauntlets: 4% Haste. Dark Ring: -6% PDT, -4% MDT. Darkness + Black Earring: -4% PDT total."

HMMMM

And I think that's 24% haste as well.

Derrrrrrrrrp, ty Night.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-06 22:07:34  
2% slow on body and head brings it down to 20%.
 Asura.Kalasin
user: liar
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-11-06 22:52:06  
A more accessable version with 26% would be what I'm using in Legion currently, of course you can swap Brutal out for a second Darkness earring., without it this is 26%Haste/43%PDT/34%MDT, but I'm mainly using this for PDT anyway.

[+]
 Bahamut.Jaggerjack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: voiceless
By Bahamut.Jaggerjack 2012-11-20 00:53:32  
upheavl's beat ukko fury in leigon. The reason because nm's have high agility or reduces player crit rate figures ukko war dont use crit gear much possible to get 70 str with 30% crit with ur ws gear already have 30% crit on pld with +60 dex for cdc. unless you dont have a good build for uko just dont use it for leigon other then it it should beat bravura easily in other areas
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-11-20 13:41:02  
k
By relicme 2012-12-02 04:15:50  
how does http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=280429 look for tp with bravura?
By relicme 2012-12-02 04:16:05  
bravura lvl 95
By relicme 2012-12-02 04:17:59  
or think i could switch to phorcys mitts full time outside abyssea
By relicme 2012-12-02 05:23:16  
went over it and came up with this http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=280432 tell me if it could be better im sure it could be its with a lvl 95 bravura tho
also /sam of course with sTP +6 on armada
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-02 05:26:21  
Your links just take us to our personal itemset-pages.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-02 05:30:02  
Your link wont work because you are trying to link your member's page. You need to go to the itemset's page, example:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/280432

or use itemset tags: [*itemset*]######[/itemset] without the *s

Edit: Initial thoughts on your set: War can't wear those shoes. Assuming you use 5 haste shoes, af3+2 legs, phos, phorcys head =26% haste. af3+2 hands if restraint is up and the hit build can swing it (it can if it is a valid hit build w/ phorcys hands).
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-01-22 12:15:28  
Well found an area where bravura is really pulling ahead.
Salvage 2.0. Imo it's not even close. (Although I only have 90 ukon) The difficulty of keeping up aftermath in conjunction with the loss of crit gear for most of the run finally creates a situation, where Bravura pulls ahead.

I am also getting significantly higher numbers and averages with MT against both upheaval and ukkos. To be fair, depending on zone I have been swapping to ukon for bosses.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-01-31 06:09:58  
Had a question and didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm considering my next relic to work on, it's going to be utility relic designed around letting me "tank" more on either WAR or DRK. I currently already have a 99 Wagnarok that I use for res spammage so not looking for a 99 Ukkon. My choice is between a 99 Apoc or a 99 Bravura, both will be used for the same purpose, to "tank" hard hitting boss monsters in a low man group. I already have a fairly good PDT set but I feel I'm sacrificing way too much haste and noticed that Bravura's AM is 20% DT. MT seems decent enough @2.75 fTP and 60% STR WSC, provided you have the 40% damage boost from being 99.

So my question is, do the current Bravura users have capped Haste / PDT sets and do they feel their useful for tanking big baddies? How well does 99 MT spam (for AM effect) stack against 99 Rag Reso spam damage wise? I know the Rag reso spam should obviously be higher, but would the MT spam be sufficient to maintain capped CE / VE?

My other choice would be a 99 Apoc for the haste effect to basically do the same thing.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-01-31 07:17:36  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Had a question and didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm considering my next relic to work on, it's going to be utility relic designed around letting me "tank" more on either WAR or DRK. I currently already have a 99 Wagnarok that I use for res spammage so not looking for a 99 Ukkon. My choice is between a 99 Apoc or a 99 Bravura, both will be used for the same purpose, to "tank" hard hitting boss monsters in a low man group. I already have a fairly good PDT set but I feel I'm sacrificing way too much haste and noticed that Bravura's AM is 20% DT. MT seems decent enough @2.75 fTP and 60% STR WSC, provided you have the 40% damage boost from being 99.

So my question is, do the current Bravura users have capped Haste / PDT sets and do they feel their useful for tanking big baddies? How well does 99 MT spam (for AM effect) stack against 99 Rag Reso spam damage wise? I know the Rag reso spam should obviously be higher, but would the MT spam be sufficient to maintain capped CE / VE?

My other choice would be a 99 Apoc for the haste effect to basically do the same thing.

On iPhone so bear with me. Not going to address the jobs just the weaps.

I think the answer depends on what type of events namely low man vrs alliance. My one sentence response is Low man events apoc alliance brav.

The reason is as follows:

Bravura has access to better WS generally from a strictly DD point of view. MT itself (not the aftermath) is arguably one of the best relic WS and you can still upheaval. MT does very respectable DMG and should generally significantly out do catastrophe. Also the aftermath means very easy to cap haste and pdt.

Having said that. IMO since you have Rag do apoc unless you only do alliance events or have a better low man job available ie mnk etc
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-01-31 17:50:37  
The primary events I *tank* are things like Salvage II boss's and Meebles boss's, maybe holding a low tier Voidwatch NM @20% while they desperately try to cap lights. Looking at SoA I'm going to assume SE will be focusing more on these "6 man or less" events which is what had me wanting to build a Hybrid DPS/Tank weapon.

You had my sold on Bravura, mostly with MT doing relatively high damage while making a capped haste / DT set easy to maintain. Why recommend Apoc? Especially as it seems SE is about to nerf Twilight scythe into uselessness cause of the JPs.
 Fenrir.Evildemon
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-01-31 18:21:30  
Because apoc is meant for smaller groups. Specially since against non-undead monsters which is a lot of them it absorbs hp.

I haven't heard about any twilight nerf? but then again I don't pay attention to the official forums or what the jps say because from what I notice a lot of them seem to not know what they're talking about and rather gimp the game than help the game. You could easily look at the stupid things some of them tp in and also notice they ws in the same gear which says enough, at least from the one's I've mostly seen over the years across different servers.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-31 18:31:24  
Where is this thread where SE said they were gonna kill twilight scythe? I can't find it on the OF.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-01-31 18:33:25  
I don't know if the post is out in English yet, it may still be on the JP forums and just translated.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-31 18:36:43  
I tried to check it out, but google translate hurts my eyes, i cant read that ***lol
 Bismarck.Justinm
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Justinmx
By Bismarck.Justinm 2013-01-31 18:42:58  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
The primary events I *tank* are things like Salvage II boss's and Meebles boss's, maybe holding a low tier Voidwatch NM @20% while they desperately try to cap lights. Looking at SoA I'm going to assume SE will be focusing more on these "6 man or less" events which is what had me wanting to build a Hybrid DPS/Tank weapon.

You had my sold on Bravura, mostly with MT doing relatively high damage while making a capped haste / DT set easy to maintain. Why recommend Apoc? Especially as it seems SE is about to nerf Twilight scythe into uselessness cause of the JPs.

I have 99 Bravura myself and MT seems to do a consistent 2.9-3.4k dmg with my current set. Upheaval usually does around 4-5k so it isn't going to beat Reso anytime soon, but in events where you're in PDT/MDT gear a lot (like Legion) a capped haste hybrid set will push your overall damage output up and will easily close the gap in dmg between Upheaval and Reso.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-01-31 18:44:06  
Twilight Scythe reference (bottom of post)
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2013-01-31 18:46:07  
I just read a thread called Dark Knight Adjustments, Urtiel is actually asking for Twilight Scythe to be nerfed and give DRK more magical utility. Whats all that about...