フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Bravura/Ukon
Bravura/Ukon
 Shiva.Aisuu
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Aisuu 2012-09-24 18:40:22  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Coming into this thread without any prior knowledge, it looks like Jinjo and Sylow are arguing. On further inspection, it looks like they're arguing against an invisible person.

Yeah dunno if you saw last night but Mnkk came on calling people idiots as usual, he deleted his comments though.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-09-24 18:43:01  
Shiva.Aisuu said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Coming into this thread without any prior knowledge, it looks like Jinjo and Sylow are arguing. On further inspection, it looks like they're arguing against an invisible person.

Yeah dunno if you saw last night but Mnkk came on calling people idiots as usual, a mod deleted his comments though.

Fixed ^^
Also. Ukon ftw.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-09-24 18:51:08  
Ukkon all the way. Well most of time, lol.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-09-24 18:53:09  
I wish I took screenshots, but saw Strange doing 5k Upheavals with ease on Qilin. Highest was 8.3k if i remember correctly. No attack buffs. Bravura all the way, especially for higher-end content like legion.
By Avitori 2012-09-24 19:02:01  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Bravura all the way

lol
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-09-24 19:19:28  
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Ukkon all the way. Well most of time, lol.

Except all of the time always no matter what though.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-09-24 19:38:33  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31635/bravura-war#1933655
I started this tread a few months ago and it starts out really strong but in FFXIAH form , the trolls derail it .
There is alot of Ukko/Ukon info on this forum but not alot of Bravura info . i hope this helps a little .

As for what to make you need only look at SAM&DRK for the answer . These Jobs offer great DD with or with out a time/gil intensive Weapon . Plenty of SAMs roll around with Masa,Amano&Kanto in thier inventory because each is useful in different situations . Same goes with DRKs and OaT/Ragna/STR GS . The Merit Weapon Skills can be extremely powerful even with a simple Trial weapon , the proof of this is the amount of SAMs using Kantonotachi +100TP . Logic would dictate the same holds true for WARs as well . While i know this will get me trolled , with a little research i am sure an Upheaval WAR geared proper can equal or out DMG an Ukko WAR with or with out a Bravura .
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-09-24 19:41:57  
I feeeel like if there was an option that could outdo Ukon in certain instances, it might have been introduced already? I mean I get the Rag/Ukon stuff, but idk about a Brav/othertrialGA vs Ukon.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-24 20:11:12  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
with a little research i am sure an Upheaval WAR geared proper can equal or out DMG an Ukko WAR with or with out a Bravura .
Technically true, but not in any sense that actually matters/helps here. Assuming equal competence (we are talking about one person choosing between two weapons here), the Ukon is going to perform better overall. No amount of research is going to override that. Any situation where Bravura could win, Ragnarok is going to be better still.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-09-24 21:55:04  
This maybe true Night but the OP isnt asking about GA vs GS its about GA vs GA . The point i am tryin to make is contrary to what the Epeen trolls would have you believe , you dont need an Emp/Relic/Mythic to be an effective DD . Effective meaning Decent , Not Effective meaning the Best .
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-24 22:10:47  
That point has nothing to do with the OP's question. Ragnarok is at least somewhat related, as they may not be aware of its usefulness for WAR.
 Shiva.Halycon
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Halycon 2012-09-25 09:42:45  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
That point has nothing to do with the OP's question. Ragnarok is at least somewhat related, as they may not be aware of its usefulness for WAR.

I Know about Ragnarok's usefulness on war, I must be very honest though i was mainly trying to dig up a little information on bravura as really I do not know much about it.

so was trying to see if maybe it was at least a good option to do but seeing as I already have an Ukon I wasn't too sure.

my apologies for going off track a bit here! the information you all have given me is greatly appreciated now that all that is said Ragnarok would be the wisest choice of a weapon?
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-25 09:53:19  
Rag > Brav for sure.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-09-25 21:52:52  
At times you can get high DMG with any GA or WS. But over all Ukon is better than Brav!
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-09-25 23:21:37  
Shiva.Halycon said: »
my apologies for going off track a bit here! the information you all have given me is greatly appreciated now that all that is said Ragnarok would be the wisest choice of a weapon?
Yus.
By Creecreelo 2012-09-26 10:22:43  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Bitmusic said: »
Been curious for a while how would 99 bravura stack up against 90 ukon?

Is it still going to loose most of the time, or will the extra base dmg combinded with upheavel be enough to pull it ahead.
Don't forget, the same amount of gil you would spend for 99 Bravura could easily get you 99 Ukon.

Unless you already have 75-95 bravura.

Buyer's remorse?
Yeah, no, you can have a coke.

I just strongly felt I should say I appreciated the Bon Qui Qui reference.
 Phoenix.Lxion
user: Lxion
By Phoenix.Lxion 2012-09-26 15:06:41  
I've asked myself the question many times about Ukon or Bravura. Imo, competence of players make up most of the results, while gear is a great factor. As an owner of Ukon (and yourself being one) I can't really say I'd use another Gaxe over it. I am working on a Ragnarok though, and just all around getting caught back up on things. Being gone a year changed things A LOT.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-10-06 19:45:56  
This has been debated a ton before. I have both (ukko 90 and brav 99), I personally prefer the bravura in most situations. However, generally ukon is a few points ahead.

Typically 1 to 2 percent in an alliance parse, so ballpark the ukon is 5% better. Only exceptions is when heavy use of DT sets needed, where the bravura really pulls ahead. (It's not even close, at least 20% better)

The reason I prefer the bravura is the def down (which lands fairly often) the once in a blue moon evasion down and of course the gazilliion more acc.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-06 20:12:06  
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
This has been debated a ton before. I have both (ukko 90 and brav 99), I personally prefer the bravura in most situations. However, generally ukon is a few points ahead.

Typically 1 to 2 percent in an alliance parse, so ballpark the ukon is 5% better.
Ukon's DPS boost going from Lv90 to Lv99 is around 15%. Should compare 99s to 99s.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-10-06 20:38:50  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »

Typically 1 to 2 percent in an alliance parse, so ballpark the ukon is 5% better.
Ukon's DPS boost going from Lv90 to Lv99 is around 15%. Should compare 99s to 99s.

Everyone knows that 99 ukko Is better. There are very few situations where bravura 99 would beat 99 ukon. (I can only think of two, high evasion and heavy use of DT)

the reason my response was 90 vs 99 was because of the posts anoveyou
By Kyler 2012-10-09 13:45:22  
The DT- from metatron and 40 acc are very useful in legion. There are a lot of mobs where you can easily get 1 shotted by an attack round w/o pdt gear. Being able to use normal TP gear w/ 20%dt or be capped haste acc pdt mdt in one set definitely comes in handy. 3 minutes extra of being alive > a couple percent on the parse if you do live. Its all situational at this point of discussion.
By Demule 2012-10-09 14:25:51  
Kyler said: »
Its all situational at this point of discussion.

Isn't pretty much everything situational in this game.
By lhova 2012-10-16 07:05:53  
So the consensus is 99 Ukon is better than 99 Bravura except for few random occasions of utilizing -dt? I'm in pursuit of a 99 Ukon and I really can't fathom making a 99 Bravura unless it will outperform Ukon.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-10-16 07:31:40  
Ukon will beat Bravura on most occasions, end of story.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-16 14:08:47  
Odin.Sheelay said: »

Still use bravura quite a bit, though, don't you?
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-10-16 14:29:08  
Jassik said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »

Still use bravura quite a bit, though, don't you?

I'm not really playing atm.

Bravura was my long sought dream ever since I first hit war 75, so my reasons were mostly sentimental. Considering the price/effort difference between Bravura 75 > 99 and Ukonvasara 85 > 99 though (the respective "working" levels) I'd probably go for Bravura 99 and work on perfecting my Upheaval build.
None of it matters though now as it seems I may not be coming back, at least on a time frame I'd be able to play with all the friends I met during these years.
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-10-17 02:29:40  
I am a Bravura and Ukon WAR myself and even though Uko deals much more damage than Bravura, yet this game is based on alliance cooperation and teamwork. Calculating and putting all that together, using a Bravura for giving a high end NM status reduction helps out more and is more beneficial to your Alliance then just spamming WS on Uko.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-10-17 05:40:20  
Sylph.Rafaras said: »
I am a Bravura and Ukon WAR myself and even though Uko deals much more damage than Bravura, yet this game is based on alliance cooperation and teamwork. Calculating and putting all that together, using a Bravura for giving a high end NM status reduction helps out more and is more beneficial to your Alliance then just spamming WS on Uko.

I find this highly amusing....

If your so "pro do things for the whole group to justify my weapon" why not stick to your Ukon and use armour break / full break and do everyone a favour by killing something faster.... surely this is more useful.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-10-17 06:57:02  
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Sylph.Rafaras said: »

I find this highly amusing....

If your so "pro do things for the whole group to justify my weapon" why not stick to your Ukon and use armour break / full break and do everyone a favour by killing something faster.... surely this is more useful.

That' an idiotic comment. MT is a very decent WS we all know that it's not as strong as ukko (on mobs with a native -crit will probably out perform ukko). However, Raf makes a point that we have not been able to disprove because of the lack of data on the resist rate of def down on new content.

His point is as follows if you have one DD lose 5% DMG (as compared to 50% for using full break) and 6-7 others pick up 2-3% your alliance has picked up significant kill speed. I made up the percentages to illustrate this point but I agree with Rafs argument.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-17 07:02:11  
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/83513-Metatron-Torment-Aftermath?p=3367319&viewfull=1#post3367319

Unless they've fixed it, I wouldn't count on the DEF Down additional effect for very much.