A Scholar's Education (Guide)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 99 100 101
By Vaerix 2022-03-22 20:24:28  
Anyone have access to that sch 6 step no tabula script that got bumped a few weeks ago? I completely forgot to c/p it before it dropped off of recent. Please and thank you.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2022-03-22 21:22:50  
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50459/requesting-6-steps-for-sch-guide#3617541
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-04-03 12:30:58  
Anyone have experience with MBing Kaustra on Ongo V20? Got folks in LS wondering if it's wort it for the SCH to toss it out during TR.
 Odin.Daemonak
サーバ: Odin
user: Queztocal
By Odin.Daemonak 2022-04-03 13:02:33  
I tried it once during Ongo V20 runs (4/5 R20 Agwu's with other optimal Kaustra gears) and it landed for about 200 damage, wasn't impressed.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-04-03 13:18:39  
Odin.Daemonak said: »
I tried it once during Ongo V20 runs (4/5 R20 Agwu's with other optimal Kaustra gears) and it landed for about 200 damage, wasn't impressed.

Had a similar experience. To be honest, just capping Helix (and not Nuke Walling the BLM) was a PITA on Ongo. Is a fight that very easily goes from "Fun & Challenging" to "I need a break" on SCH.
By Laboob 2022-04-06 18:18:48  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Odin.Daemonak said: »

Had a similar experience. To be honest, just capping Helix (and not Nuke Walling the BLM) was a PITA on Ongo. Is a fight that very easily goes from "Fun & Challenging" to "I need a break" on SCH.

How frequently do you nuke, if at all? (Outside of helix and Subtle Sorcery)
 Odin.Daemonak
サーバ: Odin
user: Queztocal
By Odin.Daemonak 2022-04-06 18:57:57  
The fight keeps you pretty busy, and you need to be able to Cure IV on a dime, so its not really worth doing much nuking other than landing your helix burst during Rayke windows.

I do toss a few nukes out during aura to help get it off quick, but only if circumstances allow for it.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-04-06 19:08:49  
I would only Nuke on SCH if your not hindering the BLM. Aka during rayke
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Trickflo
user: Efan
By Asura.Trickflo 2022-05-31 01:00:37  
So whats our current best MB and helix set w.o augmented augwu's? I'm gearing sch for ongo and our group hasnt sttarted farming mboze yet.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-05-31 09:01:05  
What does Mboze have to do with this? no Bunzi Rod option either?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-05-31 10:13:16  
Hot take... get a V1 Ongo win and start augmenting the agwu's set as you work on Ongo (you'll be able to augment it up to R15 with V1). Even not augmented/up to R15 Agwu's really is SCH's best option in most slots.

Barring that, Relic Head, Amalric hands, and then one of oseem MBD merlinic, Nyame (it all has +5 MBD), or other things are going to be what you look to.

That is what I did with my GEO, and by the time I got my Ongo win, I had Feet/Hands to R15, and enough points to take my hands all the way to R21.
[+]
 Asura.Trickflo
By Asura.Trickflo 2022-05-31 14:18:37  
ItemSet 384846

My B forgot Ongo was Agwu. We managed to brute force our way through V15 w. ranger/cor/blm but don't think well have the time on V20. This is my current set mostly copied from my rdm have 39 MB dmg and 11 mb2 just wondering if there's any upgrades I can get done before we start trying to run through it again. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-05-31 14:26:12  
pedagogy mortarboard +3
Agwu's robe Unaugmented
Agwu's slops Unaugmented
Agwu's pigaches Unaugmented
Sibyl scarf
acuity belt +1 For Helix or Skrymir cord

I ended up dropping Mujin Band on my GEO for metamorph ring +1

Unless your merlinc gear has huge macc bonuses as well as the MBD, the above equipment will likely go farther. Just due to massive macc bonuses.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-05-31 14:42:15  
hachirin-no-obi, helix: acuity belt +1 r15, argute stole +2 r25, quanpur necklace...
Probably work on your agwu while trying to clear. I always burn an amplifier regardless of if it's charged if there's an item I want to augment... except when I forget.

Not really sure where you should start changing to agwu, maybe the body so you can swap out the head for relic+3 or neck to quanpur.

You can aspir for MP so shouldn't NEED the staff. I'd suggest Bunzi's Rod + ammurapi shield for higher INT/MACC regardless how low your augment on bunzi is.

edit:
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Agwu's pigaches Unaugmented
I'd perssonally avoid that piece until you've augmented agwu hands as well since amalric hands will lose the set bonus.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-05-31 14:48:22  
I'd probably stick with amalric body then. The amalric feet have very little macc, and that is a big concern in this fight, but you're right.

Can't believe I forgot the JSE neck.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-05-31 14:50:08  
ItemSet 380864

This is what I used even unaugmented for V0-20, didn't have issues capping Helix damage.
[+]
 Asura.Trickflo
By Asura.Trickflo 2022-05-31 16:18:40  
ty all for input should be able to put it together
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-06-01 11:22:27  
Heya maybe a dumb question but I'm not ashamed to be asking it:

I kinda want to get back into mage jobs, tried RDM, didn't work for me cause it's extremely and far too busy and complicated. I used to play blm 10+ years ago but kinda feeling it might be a bit too narrow nowadays for me, thinking sch but I've never healed in ffxi and the rdm experience kinda telling me I might not enjoy much being a main healer.

In an organized LS that doesn't super need healers would I be fine on sch to be mainly on with dark arts and using regen, and then the healing on the sides or that's just a recipe for failure?

I know probably most people expect sch = healer with some side nuking, but my ls isn't usually afraid of trying other things, just wondering viability more than "yeah you can do this/no you cannot". If it is not viable enough I guess I can always go to BLM <.<
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-06-01 11:56:48  
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Heya maybe a dumb question but I'm not ashamed to be asking it:

I kinda want to get back into mage jobs, tried RDM, didn't work for me cause it's extremely and far too busy and complicated. I used to play blm 10+ years ago but kinda feeling it might be a bit too narrow nowadays for me, thinking sch but I've never healed in ffxi and the rdm experience kinda telling me I might not enjoy much being a main healer.

In an organized LS that doesn't super need healers would I be fine on sch to be mainly on with dark arts and using regen, and then the healing on the sides or that's just a recipe for failure?

I know probably most people expect sch = healer with some side nuking, but my ls isn't usually afraid of trying other things, just wondering viability more than "yeah you can do this/no you cannot". If it is not viable enough I guess I can always go to BLM <.<

Outside of Odyssey (and honestly even sometimes in Odyssey) I can just stick up a Regen V and AFK. As long as the tank is doing their job most of the time your pty is going to get hit with some AoE now and again and Regen just takes care of them. I get so bored I built a Melee set on my SCH so I could do that. You could easily throw up a Regen V and then switch to Dark Arts if you want. Your nuking won't be anything special unless your alliance/pty is buffing for magic damage, but it's possible. Just be prepared to swap back to Light arts and get to curing/buffing at a moments notice.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-02 23:48:29  
Asura.Trickflo said: »
ItemSet 384846

My B forgot Ongo was Agwu. We managed to brute force our way through V15 w. ranger/cor/blm but don't think well have the time on V20. This is my current set mostly copied from my rdm have 39 MB dmg and 11 mb2 just wondering if there's any upgrades I can get done before we start trying to run through it again. Thanks.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Scholar_Guide

Fortunately someone did update Bgwiki Guide if not FFXIAH. Everything you need to know is right there. I know 3+ ppl did indeed answer you alrdy but you are better off knowing such info exists rather than not.
 Bahamut.Aldy
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2022-06-03 09:20:11  
Are there any distances where Orpheus' Sash is best for Helix? With the 10k cap more than hittable without, it doesn't matter much, but just kinda curious.
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-06-03 11:18:09  
Bahamut.Aldy said: »
Are there any distances where Orpheus' Sash is best for Helix? With the 10k cap more than hittable without, it doesn't matter much, but just kinda curious.

Helix spells always benefit from weather/day bonus even without an Obi equipped. Since this is the case Orpheus sash will win in any situation it normally would with regular spells. I believe it's anything under like 8 yalms or something like that? I don't have one so I can't say I've done any testing, I just know most luas I've seen that have a rule in there for it have 8 yalms usually as the range at which is stops being equipped.
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-03 17:12:54  
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

Helix spells always benefit from weather/day bonus even without an Obi equipped. Since this is the case Orpheus sash will win in any situation it normally would with regular spells. I believe it's anything under like 8 yalms or something like that? I don't have one so I can't say I've done any testing, I just know most luas I've seen that have a rule in there for it have 8 yalms usually as the range at which is stops being equipped.
Out of curiosity I actually did indeed test Orpheus Vs Ele Obi since the sash cost me 150m and the Obi is Lv75 era. The sash is to no surprise a straight up 15% Bonus to Dmg, or at least thats how it appears, while the Obi is ofc 35% Bonus to Dmg so such does not compete under any circumstances, let alone for a SCH nonetheless, who has Storms II at their fingertips. Maybe if you want to hit some other Ele Dmg other than the current Storm II upon yourself atm. Thats about it.

Didnt know that info about Helix's tbh but can easily check such out atm rq.

Thats extremely interesting. Without Storms II Orpheus did more Dmg than Obi which is to be expected but not vs Obi w/ Storms II up. While Orpheus beat Obi w/ both having Storms II up. Good to know.

No Storms II - Orpheus > Obi
Orpheus w/o Storms II < Obi w/ Storms II
With Storms II - Orpheus > Obi
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-06-03 17:28:59  
llAKs0nll said: »

Out of curiosity I actually did indeed test Orpheus Vs Ele Obi since the sash cost me 150m and the Obi is Lv75 era. The sash is to no surprise a straight up 15% Bonus to Dmg, or at least thats how it appears, while the Obi is ofc 35% Bonus to Dmg so such does not compete under any circumstances, let alone for a SCH nonetheless, who has Storms II at their fingertips. Maybe if you want to hit some other Ele Dmg other than the current Storm II upon yourself atm. Thats about it.

Ya idk why, had a super braindead moment when typing that apparently cause I'm pretty sure I was calculating it at 10% bonus which is single weather. So chalk it up to me being an idiot on that one. Info for Helix I pulled form BG-Wiki and will admit I've never actually tested myself, just assumed testing had already been done and so I've just never checked.
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-03 17:33:27  
llAKs0nll said: »

Ya idk why, had a super braindead moment when typing that apparently cause I'm pretty sure I was calculating it at 10% bonus which is single weather. So chalk it up to me being an idiot on that one. Info for Helix I pulled form BG-Wiki and will admit I've never actually tested myself, just assumed testing had already been done and so I've just never checked.
I only did my original Testing w/ Tier V nukes and reread what you said about Helix's not even knowing such was the case but Tested vs lv1 mobs outside Windy and thats what I got Dmg wise w/ Helix. I stand corrected. You learn something every day. Good to know.
 Asura.Trickflo
By Asura.Trickflo 2022-06-07 03:49:11  
Yea I looked through that guide just wasnt sure if the agwus had to be augmented to be bis or not using bod feet and relic head, jse neck, bunzi/ammurapi with the set I posted was debating akademos vs club/shield because ive been told int is really important but there a pretty large diff in macc/atk/dmg in favor of club/shield
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-08 16:11:02  
Asura.Trickflo said: »
Yea I looked through that guide just wasnt sure if the agwus had to be augmented to be bis or not using bod feet and relic head, jse neck, bunzi/ammurapi with the set I posted was debating akademos vs club/shield because ive been told int is really important but there a pretty large diff in macc/atk/dmg in favor of club/shield
Recently got Club/Shield combo and use such atm on BLM cuz AF body allows BLM to maintain MP while endlessly doing MB. Unfortunately SCH is not so fortunate and cannot sustain MP w/ just Sublimation alone so sticking w/ old Akademos tho I would imagine Mpaca being best w/ R25 Augs. I mean yeah you can use Bunzi club w/ Kei Shield but whatever you going vs better die ASAP or you have unlimited supply of Elixirs otherwise SCH needs Myrkr way more than BLM does. Btw I use Relic+3 SCH legs combo w/ Relic+3 Head piece cuz its got Ele Skill and +50 MAB and my Agwu is not R25. Easy choice tbh.

SCH better off using Mpaca staff IMO over club/shield combo
 Bismarck.Balguss
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Balguss
By Bismarck.Balguss 2022-06-08 16:18:24  
Seidr Cotehardie from Meeble burrows has "Converts 2% of magic elemental damage dealt to MP" like the BLM AF if you use club/shield and MP managment is a problem.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-06-15 01:55:20  
Hey all,

I had a quick question which I wasn't sure about and but can't test myself at the moment. Also, apologies in advance if this is common knowledge.

Does Ebullience affect Drain/Aspir potency?
 Asura.Wolfiex
By Asura.Wolfiex 2022-06-18 10:49:32  
Been following the BG guide for gearing up sch, one thing I did not see however is what augment path people are using for the amalric +1 pieces. Can anyone help me out :D ?

thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 99 100 101