[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:24:38  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Looks to me like 5 people having to hold Cerberus because they are using two terrible tanks that don't do damage or generate hate with their awesome Evasion and Enmity gear.
Looks to me like you just couldn't get salvage gear at 75 and are trying to delude yourself into thinking it really wasn't worth the effort despite every single piece being a top end piece for the things they were used for.
I did more salvage than most people did, I'm just not delusional in thinking it was all "premium" gear. Pieces like Usukane Somen sat in my storage for the never to happen time when I might need that just right mix of Evasion and Haste for soloing something. While other pieces like Ares Head and Feet I never even bothered upgrading if I got them because they where ***.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:26:09  
***for WAR? Sure. ***in a top tier set for something? No. Which is my whole point, every single piece was #1 somewhere in a set on one of the listed jobs.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 04:28:27  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Im 100% sure i saw apoc drks running around in full ares's one of them was my old dyna leader.

I know a few DRGs that used to fulltime 5\5 Ares, that does'nt make it a good idea :P
No, full ares was'nt good for apoc drk.
10 haste from cata AM, 6 from belt and one from ring, nothing from gear otherwise, so way too short on haste.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:29:21  
And my whole point is just because Genbus Kabuto was top tier for Spirits Within doesn't make it a premium piece. Your arguement that full Ares is premium top tier gear because it was useful for a Jump macro and nothing else is pretty bad.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-26 04:30:05  
where do marches and LR get you
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:31:11  
And my whole point is just because Genbus Kabuto was top tier for Spirits Within doesn't make it a premium piece. Your arguement that full Ares is premium top tier gear because it was useful for a Jump macro and nothing else is pretty bad.
Well ***, I better toss my Genbu's kabuto for using it as the best chakra piece because you know, it's top tier and i can use it less than i can jump in full ares. Stfu, things were top tier, no matter how situational they were.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:32:02  
Well ***, I better toss my Genbu's kabuto for using it as the best chakra piece because you know, it's top tier and i can use it less than i can jump in full ares. Stfu, things were top tier, no matter how situational they were.
So everything in the entire game is top tier because it could be situationally top tier for something.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 04:32:51  
That's what top tier is.
Everything in this game is situational, nothing is perfect for every situation.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-26 04:32:59  
Do you, like, don't have macroes for different purposes? Are you Rosina?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:33:16  
So everything in the entire game is top tier because it could be situationally top tier for something.
If it's a top tier piece in a given situation, yes it's a top tier piece.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 04:34:05  
But one thing Failaras, I can agree that Ares would be the least useful set overall for the jobs that could use it.
Does that make it bad? nope >_>
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:36:42  
This just in, Wax Sword +1 is a premium top tier piece because it's the best level 1 sword you can get.

Quote:
But one thing Failaras, I can agree that Ares would be the least useful set overall for the jobs that could use it.
Does that make it bad? nope >_>
I am arguing that Salvage gear isn't any more "premium" than any other set of 75 gear out there, not that it is bad.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-26 04:37:51  
This just in, Wax Sword +1 is a premium top tier piece because it's the best level 1 sword you can get.

WHOOSH.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:37:51  
Except wax sword +1 really was the ideal sword for level 1.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-07-26 04:40:34  
i use wax sword +1 on nin for red procs

yeah

yeah.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-26 04:41:30  
Asura.Dajociont said: »

yeah

yeah.

really?
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-07-26 04:41:55  
Probably waiting for the rest of the ls to show up so 100% hp means not as many tp moves and some of those were nasty at 75 amd Aegis didnt break the 50% mdt cap.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:42:19  
If it's a top tier piece in a given situation, yes it's a top tier piece.
So why are you arguing that Salvage gear is top tier when you could be arguing that almost every piece of gear in the entire game is top tier for something! Essentially what you are doing is putting EXTREMELY situational items on the same level as bread and butter top tier items just because they might be useful for something sometime. It would be like me arguing that Armada Hauberk and Ares Body are just as top tier as eachother because one is the best DD body for Drk and one is the best refresh body for Drk.

It also completely invalidates the original idea that Salvage gear was some Premium set of gear better than the other 75 gear because everything is top tier for something!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-26 04:43:39  
I don't know about you but I use idle gear too.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:44:48  
Because salvage gear was top tier? And I am arguing the usefulness of any piece of gear, you just seem to want to ***on salvage pieces. You notice I didn't put down armadaberk or hecatomb gear? No, because they were the best at what they were used for. Just like every single piece of salvage gear was the best at what they were used for. You can't say every single piece of abj. gear was the best, hence the shura comment earlier.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-07-26 04:46:05  
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Asura.Dajociont said: »

yeah

yeah.

really?

yeah, really
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-26 04:46:33  
a bunch of *** about top tier

You're totally right, time for me to throw away all my blue magic skill gear, I only use it for a few spells.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Datian
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Datian
By Quetzalcoatl.Datian 2012-07-26 04:48:25  
Dajo ill wax your sword ok yea yea? Also Failaras give it up your losing Salvage gear was the *** and Austar has already stated Why.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:49:40  
Because salvage gear was top tier? And I am arguing the usefulness of any piece of gear, you just seem to want to ***on salvage pieces. You notice I didn't put down armadaberk or hecatomb gear? No, because they were the best at what they were used for. Just like every single piece of salvage gear was the best at what they were used for. You can't say every single piece of abj. gear was the best, hence the shura comment earlier.
Sure I can, Shura feet where the best resist gravity feet in the game thus are premium and top tier, also on the same level as Usukane Sune-ate or Fumas. Adaman Celata was the best head piece for -evasion to skill up parry while also skilling up something else from a low level that needs accuracy, thus it is premium and top tier.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:50:47  
Top tier for useless things does not make it good.

Well now you're just not making sense.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 04:51:31  
Failaras, you should really just stop...
Not doing anything but making a fool of yourself >_>
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:52:07  
If you couldn't tell I was arguing using your logic Shura Feet are premium top tier pieces of gear. Using my logic they are obviously not.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-26 04:52:11  
You're doing a good propaganda against yourself that's for sure.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:53:51  
If you couldn't tell I was arguing using your logic Shura Feet are premium top tier pieces of gear. Using my logic they are obviously not.
Well if I knew you were into PvP on MNK/SAM/NIN, I'd have not listed shura gear as useless.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:54:01  
Well, most FFXI players are idiots, didn't expect the majority to agree. Just like everyone thought their awesome shiny Aces Helm was actually good.
Quote:
Well if I knew you were into PvP on MNK/SAM/NIN, I'd have not listed shura gear as useless.
Which makes them premium #1 pieces of gear in game.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15