[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:48:57  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
So because it's not OMGWTF for SAM, it's not top tier? Okay. And soloing was a lot more commonplace at 75, evasion gear was actually useful.
The original claim was Salvage was the premium gear of 75, I showed that for many jobs only one to two pieces of Salvage gear where useful outside of niche situational things. I would also disagree with your claim of soloing being more commonplace at 75, this game became MUCH more solo centric after abyssea came out.
I'm sorry it's not all tailored to one job? All the pieces were useful in high end sets. And no, it really isn't more commonplace now to find soloes.
I listed multiple jobs that had more useful gear coming from Sky, Ground, or Even sea than they did from Salvage? Telling me pieces like Ares head where useful just makes me laugh.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 03:49:54  
Quote:
ITT: Accuracy was never an issue back at 75.
I didn't realize that Accuracy being an issue suddenly made an item like Ares head actually not terrible. That being said by the end of 75 content Accuracy wasn't that important, if you remember.
Quote:
Full usukane were a pretty good set to 5\5 as a evasion\dd hybrid set for sam and nin too
And the amount of times you would use an evasion/DD hybrid set on Sam I can count on one hand. For Ninja, still not that important.

How was ares head terrible in an acc ws set?
Most people had to use stuff like optical hat for that.
Acc+12 atk+12 was pretty amazing in such a setting
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:50:31  
So because it's not OMGWTF for SAM, it's not top tier? Okay. And soloing was a lot more commonplace at 75, evasion gear was actually useful.
The original claim was Salvage was the premium gear of 75, I showed that for many jobs only one to two pieces of Salvage gear where useful outside of niche situational things. I would also disagree with your claim of soloing being more commonplace at 75, this game became MUCH more solo centric after abyssea came out.
I'm sorry it's not all tailored to one job? All the pieces were useful in high end sets. And no, it really isn't more commonplace now to find soloes.
I listed multiple jobs that had more useful gear coming from Sky, Ground, or Even sea than they did from Salvage? Telling me pieces like Ares head where useful just makes me laugh.
Ares head was useful for DRG. Full set was the best Jump set you could get. I can honestly list off a use for every piece of salvage gear where it was top tier.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:50:41  
SAM didn't use any shura, guess all shura gear sucked. :(
Head sam used, Body was a filler piece for Mnks, Hands where trash, Legs where good until Hachiryu, Feet where trash. If someone called Shura a premium set and was claiming it was a good set to 5/5 for something situational I would call them out on it too.
Gnadbhod's helm. Mirke Wardecors for MNK. Usukane were better than shura for MNK.
Forgot about Gnadbods, already said Usukane was better than Shura for mnk.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-26 03:51:59  
Let's see.

Ares Head for certain NM's, WAR/DRK
Ares Body goes without saying
Ares Legs goes without saying
Full AM set for Apoc

Usukane 5/5 MNK/SAM tanking
Usukane Legs for WS
Usukane Feet TP
Usukane stuff for Evasion build

Marduk body goes without saying
Head for BRD skill, still use to this day
forget what the other pieces do but I know I used more of them

Morrigan body duh
Morrigan hands duh
Morrigan Legs duh
forget hat/feet stats

Skadi Body duh
Skadi Legs duh
Skadi feet duh
forget hands/hat

I think that's 17/25 pieces that were top tier and that's not counting Apoc sets or the pieces I can't really remember. I'm sorry you used PLD's on Khim/Cerb and don't know how to SAM or MNK tank.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:52:00  
SAM didn't use any shura, guess all shura gear sucked. :(
Head sam used, Body was a filler piece for Mnks, Hands where trash, Legs where good until Hachiryu, Feet where trash. If someone called Shura a premium set and was claiming it was a good set to 5/5 for something situational I would call them out on it too.
Gnadbhod's helm. Mirke Wardecors for MNK. Usukane were better than shura for MNK.
Forgot about Gnadbods, already said Usukane was better than Shura for mnk.
Point is, a lot of abj gear was useless, unlike salvage gear.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:52:51  
Quote:
How was ares head terrible in an acc ws set?
Most people had to use stuff like optical hat for that.
Acc+12 atk+12 was pretty amazing in such a setting

I cannot think of any situation that you where in such dire need of accuracy in your WS set you would sacrifice so much STR and DEX.

Quote:
Ares head was useful for DRG. Full set was the best Jump set you could get. I can honestly list off a use for every piece of salvage gear where it was top tier.
Top tier for useless things does not make it good.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:53:40  
Quote:
Coming from the guy that plays DRK, lol.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-26 03:57:24  
Byakko's Haidate
Adaman Hauberk
Hecatomb Mittens
Hecatomb Cap
Hecatomb Leggings
Hecatomb Subligar
Kirin's Osode
Dalmatica (For BLM only, basically)
Koenig Head? Shield skill
Seiryu's Kote
Shura Kabuto
Shura Togi
Shura Haidate (Only for SAM at time of Salvage)
Homam Cosciales
" Gambieras
" Manoplas
Nashira Legs

17/40?
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:58:30  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
Let's see.

Ares Head for certain NM's, WAR/DRK
Ares Body goes without saying
Ares Legs goes without saying
Full AM set for Apoc

Usukane 5/5 MNK/SAM tanking
Usukane Legs for WS
Usukane Feet TP
Usukane stuff for Evasion build

Marduk body goes without saying
Head for BRD skill, still use to this day
forget what the other pieces do but I know I used more of them

Morrigan body duh
Morrigan hands duh
Morrigan Legs duh
forget hat/feet stats

Skadi Body duh
Skadi Legs duh
Skadi feet duh
forget hands/hat

I think that's 17/25 pieces that were top tier and that's not counting Apoc sets or the pieces I can't really remember. I'm sorry you used PLD's on Khim/Cerb and don't know how to SAM or MNK tank.
I'm sorry I was actually completely against using Plds at any event back at 75 and used Sam and War tanking for most everything, are you trying to tell me that the Evasion stats on Usukane made it good for tanking compared to a proper PDT set?

Ares Head has no actual place except in a made up world of 35% accuracy
Ares Body very situational for Refresh and Drg.
Ares Legs said was good.
Pretty sure Apoc did not use Ares for full AM.

Usukane 5/5 apparently was a small bit better for Mnk.
Legs wheren't premium but where decent kind of like Shura legs.
Usukane Feet once again good.
Why the hell are you using Evasion while Sam tanking?

Lets compare this to an Abjuration set like Hecatomb!
Head best in slot WS piece for Every job that can use it unless I'm forgetting something.
Body situational WS piece
Hands best in slot WS piece for most jobs that can use it unless Alkys
Legs best in slot WS piece for Thf
Feet best in slot WS piece for most the jobs that can use it

Premium pieces beyond "I think evasion is good for Sam tanking!"?
5/10 maybe.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:01:18  
People used evasion when there were situations that evasion was better than PDT. And just because you can't acknowledge the fact that something is good for one job and not another doesn't mean it's not a top tier piece on a listed job's sets.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-26 04:01:37  
So what you're arguing is that in order to be effective, you'd need both sets of gear because all you said was WS
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-26 04:02:38  
Also, forgot I couldn't swap PDT in instead of using a TP set with a lot of defensive stats on two jobs that have a high amount of evasion and damage mitigation abilities via Seigan or Counterstance (lolpdt) and dodge.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:03:30  
People used evasion when there were situations that evasion was better than PDT. And just because you can't acknowledge the fact that something is good for one job and not another doesn't mean it's not a top tier piece on a listed job's sets.
Considering I have talked about multiple jobs that use Usukane and Ares, in fact most of them, you are delusional. As far as an Evasion piece being better, only thing I can think of is Hands for Mnk.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 04:04:06  
Was it perfect? no.
Would that be overpowered? yes.
Was it fairly well balanced vs the jobs that could use it and how hard it was to get?
Kinda, maybe a bit too low droprate on everything, but it was still worth it, as they were all top tier gear.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:06:46  
Considering I have talked about multiple jobs that use Usukane and Ares, in fact most of them, you are delusional. As far as an Evasion piece being better, only thing I can think of is Hands for Mnk.

Quote:
Also, forgot I couldn't swap PDT in instead of using a TP set with a lot of defensive stats on two jobs that have a high amount of evasion and damage mitigation abilities via Seigan or Counterstance (lolpdt) and dodge.
Sounds like you TPed in things like Optical hat because "defensive stats are good!" Use your actual DD gear when TE is up, use your PDT gear when its down, using something like Usukane hands while you could be using an offensive piece just to try and get dodges is hilariously bad.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:07:01  
I'm sorry full Ares was the best DRG jump set in the game? I'm sorry full usu was the best MNK/PUP tp set in the game? I'm sorry having +29 evasion on 3/5 pieces of usukane with no sacrifice to haste on my MNK was a bad thing when I'd otherwise have to use ohat/sh+1/rasetsu to reach that level of evasion? Not to mention a loss of subtle blow, acc, and counter. Evasion was useful, ares was useful, skadi was useful, marduk's, morrigan's, it was all useful and the best when used appropriately.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-26 04:08:06  
Quote:

I don't play DRK, but funny you're talking ***when you have all your jobs and everything else anon. And since I'm drunk: you have the worst *** avatar ever.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-26 04:08:06  
There's seriously people debating Salvage gear was bad? At 75 cap?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:08:26  

Quote:
Sounds like you TPed in things like Optical hat because "defensive stats are good!" Use your actual DD gear when TE is up, use your PDT gear when its down, using something like Usukane hands while you could be using an offensive piece just to try and get dodges is hilariously bad.
Or you could wear evasion when it was appropriate to use it over PDT? Nah, that's too easy.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:08:38  
I'm sorry full Ares was the best DRG jump set in the game? I'm sorry full usu was the best MNK/PUP tp set in the game? I'm sorry having +29 evasion on 3/5 pieces of usukane with no sacrifice to haste on my MNK was a bad thing when I'd otherwise have to use ohat/sh+1/rasetsu to reach that level of evasion? Not to mention a loss of subtle blow, acc, and counter. Evasion was useful, ares was useful, skadi was useful, marduk's, morrigan's, it was all useful and the best when used appropriately.
I recognized that full Usukane was the best TP set for Mnk/Pup many posts ago. Evasion was trash, Salvage wasn't premium any more than Sky, Sea, Ground, or any other form of 75 event gear was.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:09:28  
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Quote:

I don't play DRK, but funny you're talking ***when you have all your jobs and everything else anon. And since I'm drunk: you have the worst *** avatar ever.
Well excuse me for posting on a character from 2009. That's why it's annon, so derps like you don't be like "omg senjikuro at 99? noob"
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-26 04:10:39  
Quote:

Well excuse me for posting on a character from 2009. That's why it's annon, so derps like you don't be like "omg senjikuro at 99? noob"

***, you're totally right, I forgot you can't update your jobs/gear on FFXIAH. My bad.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:11:31  
Quote:

***, you're totally right, I forgot you can't update your jobs/gear on FFXIAH. My bad.
On a server that doesn't exist anymore? Nope.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:13:15  
Evasion tanking HNMs, lol PDT:

[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:15:05  
I like how you are using an example of a LS that used Hauteclaire Plds to tank everything. Also that Ironguy is showing just how useless evasion tanking was at 75 by sitting down while doing it and not generating any damage or hate.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:16:30  
I like how you are using an example of a LS that used Hauteclaire Plds to tank everything. Also that Ironguy is showing just how useless evasion tanking was at 75 by sitting down while doing it and not generating any damage or hate.
He's also losing a lot less hate than the hate he'd lose by getting hit in PDT gear.

And no, he's not trying to hold hate, he's trying to survive because everyone in the party is a healer except Naten, and he's just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE anyways.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-07-26 04:19:40  
Im 100% sure i saw apoc drks running around in full ares's one of them was my old dyna leader.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 04:19:42  
Looks to me like 5 people having to hold Cerberus because they are using two terrible tanks that don't do damage or generate hate with their awesome Evasion and Enmity gear.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 04:21:58  
Looks to me like 5 people having to hold Cerberus because they are using two terrible tanks that don't do damage or generate hate with their awesome Evasion and Enmity gear.
Looks to me like you just couldn't get salvage gear at 75 and are trying to delude yourself into thinking it really wasn't worth the effort despite every single piece being a top end piece for the things they were used for.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15