Knights Of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Knights of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.
Knights of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-08-24 14:15:42  
Not yet. I haven't had much time to play lately, and when I do it's been spent in salvage and finishing the last few jobs for maats cap(just one more cleave pt tomorrow and I'm done >.>)

I'd like to get a good idea of how much agi/eva is required before I try it thou. I can't imagine he's using just GH to cap like that on rdm.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-24 14:45:18  
Honestly considering the constant DA and crit damage i'd assume just GH/RR/VV
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-26 13:29:16  
SO, I've been concidering to pimp up my old RDM mule, which is and will be "stuck" at level 75, so that I can try to solo stuff with it!

As for a full on DD-tp set for a current 75 RDM, would there be anything better than this?

Blood mail can get STR, ACC and haste.
Also I'd probably not make excalibur >_>
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-26 13:32:40  
Would using augmented stuff be considered cheating? We didn't have that at 75!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-26 13:34:54  
I don't really care if we did'nt have it at 75 :P
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-26 13:35:20  
Well, then! Carry on~
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-26 13:35:55  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Screw you guys. I just want a glowy sword. >:(
This is the best argument in favour of Ephemeron I've seen so far.

I've made this argument on multiple occasions.

Sort of like how if you check my gear, you'll see I'm offhanding Coruscanti, even though I frequently mention how awful it is.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-26 13:37:08  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
SO, I've been concidering to pimp up my old RDM mule, which is and will be "stuck" at level 75, so that I can try to solo stuff with it!

As for a full on DD-tp set for a current 75 RDM, would there be anything better than this?

Forgot to mention, this character dont have the 3 addons, and I highly doubt I'll want to buy them for this.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-26 14:42:30  

Why are you not on Fenrir with me? :( I did the same thing with mine for BLM/RDM/SCH.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-26 15:32:11  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Why are you not on Fenrir with me? :( I did the same thing with mine for BLM/RDM/SCH.

Would indeed be fun with something to duo with like that!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-26 16:03:39  
you can send ruthven nails through dbox. That's what I did, and used that+joy if i wasn't using ceremonial. saves on virtue stones!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-26 16:41:28  
It's on another account completely, my dads old character actually!
But yeah, were concidering OAT sword to pair with joyeuse.
I might use Blau dolch + evis until\if I clear nyzul for death blossom though!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-26 16:55:24  
Most important thing is a ceremonial dagger anyways.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-10-17 08:15:17  
Congrats, you somehow managed to make me want to gear up my melee rdm again.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Zenogias
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Zenogias 2012-11-21 22:39:44  
Atheling Mantle > Aife's Mantle for CDC?
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-11-21 22:44:20  
Ragnarok.Zenogias said: »
Atheling Mantle > Aife's Mantle for CDC?
Yes.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-12-20 04:15:05  
Head

vs

Body

vs

Hands

vs
Nothing to new thats near it.

Legs

vs
lol...

Feet

vs

So, I assume Morri+1 wins in Head/Body/Feet with Hea and Rubeus staying for Hands/Legs? Also for Req I assume its still Hyaline/Heka/Duel/Rubeus for all but feet, feet being either Fea or Morri+1, depending on the impact the Attack/Acc makes vs the STR/MND. Whats the facts? :D
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-12-20 22:21:39  
Can I have some feedback sets for RDM? Mind you all of this is not already gotten, simply what I am trying to get in the end, so any suggestions are welcome, just if they are a royal pain in the *** please try to suggest things on the side till then.

TP

TP-Acc

TP-DT

DT

CDC

KoR

Req

Cure

Enhancing

Fast Cast

Enfeebling

Stoneskin

Nuking
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-12-20 22:23:42  
I would look into a different nuking body; Seidr is kinda gimmicky. You should also have a more MND heavy enfeebling set for Paralyze and Slow. Without spending any time looking into it, I also suspect that you could get a better healing set by using Arka IV (or in the very least, conserve inventory).

I would also question the pursuit of a Murgleis, but that's your decision I suppose.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-12-20 22:45:26  
Yeah, Mythic I don't really care to much about, just looking for the best possible builds, and with 40 Magic Acc, it beats out the Affinity+6 Staves even. Seidr is just for keepin up MP, might go with somethin else, preferably Spurrina but yeah~, and for Para/Slow I would, however atm seems kinda pointless, especially since inventory will become a problem, main point of that set is to land it, not necessarily have it potent though seeing as how Enfeebling is currently. Cures idk if I can really improve much, Arka IV sounds better, however I actually have 50% CP and -70% Cast Time on that set with weapons, using the -cast time sword you can push it to capped on both, I couldn't find any way with Arka to pull that off.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2012-12-20 22:59:12  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Can I have some feedback sets for RDM? Mind you all of this is not already gotten, simply what I am trying to get in the end, so any suggestions are welcome, just if they are a royal pain in the *** please try to suggest things on the side till then.

TP
Req

This is what I'm aiming for:
TP:

Req:
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-12-20 23:34:09  
Aquasoul Rings are good however I have seen a PLD with 2 of them Augmented(presumably via FoV) which had +4MND on 1, and +2 on the other. Thats the only reason I have that in my Req build instead, if lucky, I hope to end up with one of those amazing MND+9 STR+2 Rings! >:D

The rest basically looks the same as mine. Heka's for Req seems a bit questionable to me though, while it has 5 more MND, it has no STR and doesn't have the Attack+Acc that our new Morrigan's offers.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2012-12-21 02:05:09  
Did you see the Aqua ring in person, or in a screenshot?
 Odin.Akhilleus
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2012-12-21 02:08:45  
Every WS in game benefits from STR, a full mind set looks weak, like a wet biscuit.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2012-12-21 02:12:29  
Para/Slow I would, however atm seems kinda pointless, especially since inventory will become a problem, main point of that set is to land it, not necessarily have it potent though seeing as how Enfeebling is currently

You already have a lot of MND gear in your other sets though >_>

Quote:
Every WS in game benefits from STR, a full mind set looks weak, like a wet biscuit.

The only thing that matters is what is best slot by slot. Generally, that tends to be the WSC for a 100% modded WS. Also keep in mind that that a RDM's Requiescat is mostly going to be used on fodder.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-21 02:13:13  
your base damage gains from WSC will outweigh your gains from fSTR if the MND is coming in large quantities... otherwise you're just losing whatever couple points of attack from STR:attack. Nothing wrong with the set posted. Only change I'd make at a glance is morrigan robe +1 over heka kalasiris, 19 attack, 13ACC, 12STR outweighs the loss of 5MND unless you plan on having capped ratio all day every day. (The attack is supposedly still on morri robe, it's just missing in the English translation)

maybe morrigan's coronal +1 over hyaline too, pending accuracy.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-12-21 02:44:46  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Did you see the Aqua ring in person, or in a screenshot?
In person, only seen them 3 times, never get the chance to ask them if they got them from FoV exactly, but ever since I have bought rings when they go on AH, so far my best aug is 3 AGI, since its still a stat I assume its FoV related, just have been very unlucky with STR or MND in general, most just end up being some stupid resistance augments, either way though they sell for 33k, I can deal with 17k loss per attempt if it means an amazing ring in the end.

Siren.Kyte said: »
Para/Slow I would, however atm seems kinda pointless, especially since inventory will become a problem, main point of that set is to land it, not necessarily have it potent though seeing as how Enfeebling is currently

You already have a lot of MND gear in your other sets though >_>

Quote:

The only thing that matters is what is best slot by slot. Generally, that tends to be the WSC for a 100% modded WS. Also keep in mind that that a RDM's Requiescat is mostly going to be used on fodder.
Ok true about the MND thing XD but as I said, main point of that set is to land since right now at least, Enfeebling is near useless. I actually tend to DD in VW(Except Prov/T2Aht/T2Tav) on RDM for fun, works well if ya got the gear and Excalibur for it. Thats why I am favoring Morrigan's for WS body, same with Fea's for feet instead of Morrigan's +1 and Morrigan's +1 instead of Hyaline, however Hyaline depends on acc only, so probably sticking to it since there isn't much I need ~that~ much acc for unless for some dumb reason I goto Prov, which I'm not stupid enough to do.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2012-12-21 11:48:25  
I actually pretty much agree with your WS sets; I was more so responding to the argument that I tend to hear a lot from the uninformed- "Balance your sets between x and y!" People used to do that with Cannonball too; they would argue that you should balance your STR and VIT, rather than go with whatever increases your base damage more. The only time that's particularly relevant is if you need to hybridize for accuracy.

I would certainly go with Morri+1 body. The hat is closer, but I would probably say *** it and go with Morri+1 there too, especially if you are meleeing harder VWs. The feet are also close but I suspect Fea would be better on harder stuff as well (once again, if you are using the accuracy then the answer becomes very clear).

Question though: How does Knights of the Round compare on higher defense, non-melee resistant monsters? When I looked at it a while back it seemed like it would be very competitive versus Requiescat when Req is getting the full attack penalty.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-12-21 12:13:51  
My Excalibur is still @95 so I cant say for @99, but so far as I have seen KoR and Req parse about the same overall. As of late I have been using KoR @100% and Req when I use a Wing or for some reason am forced to store up 200~300%, in which case I use Req. Its jumped my damage up a bit, and thats with 95, so 99 I can only imagine it would be about the same if not KoR doing better. All of this is on T3 Jeuno and Zilart, I WS with around 1~1.2k Attack in VW using both WSs, don't know how their def is though so cant say how bad my ratio is.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-12-22 07:32:53  
Quote:
Question though: How does Knights of the Round compare on higher defense, non-melee resistant monsters? When I looked at it a while back it seemed like it would be very competitive versus Requiescat when Req is getting the full attack penalty.

KoTR is 3.0 fTP 40% MND 40% STR. If your DW then it gains a second hit for 4.0 fTP 40% MND 40$ STR, at 99 your looking at a 40% damage boost. You can approximate them at 5.6 fTP (for WAG / over generalization).

Res is 1.0 fTP 100% MND 5 hit attack. If your DW then 6.0 fTP, and if using a Gorget / Belt then 7.2 fTP @ 100% MND and -20% attack. With moonshade your looking at -17.5% @100TP (seems to be 20/10/0).

That's a 28.57% damage bonus towards Req before taking both the attack penalty and the better WSC into consideration.

You can use Moten's sheets to compare but everything I've done has Req coming out on top, the only time that KoTR starts to pull anywhere close to ahead on is things that you shouldn't really be meleeing to begin with (level 108~110+). Also those two WS's rely on slightly different WS sets, KoTR gets more from STR then from MND while Req is a WS that you just throw tons of MND at.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7