Knights Of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Knights of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.
Knights of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-13 18:40:34  
If you try to melee on rdm in my Legion alli I'm going to kick you out of the linkshell on the bloody spot.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-13 19:08:17  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
If you try to melee on rdm in my Legion alli I'm going to kick you out of the linkshell on the bloody spot.
Why do you have a RDM in your alliance to begin with?

EDIT: Which is not to say that I agree with Kinetix. Evasive and RDM-friendly are mutually exclusive terms right now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-13 19:27:35  
Kin37ix said: »
D= Who said anything about super evasive mobs?
Not me, but you're missing the point anyway. If RDM can solo it, it's likely weak enough that even RDM won't have serious accuracy concerns. The contrapositive, of course, also holds true: if RDM has accuracy concerns on a given monster, it's probably not solo-friendly and thus not RDM-friendly.

Quote:
If you can melee it on BLU, you sure as ***can on RDM.
Technically you've got that backwards, but I'm not sure if you're doing it deliberately or not.

EDIT: The above neglects gear and (potentially) traits, both of which favor BLU.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-14 02:10:52  
Outside of Legion, VW and maybe a few NMs in NNI, what would you fight on RDM that would require accuracy?
Good luck getting to bring a melee RDM to any of the above events.
Stuff I'd concider doing on RDM for fun:
Limbus, old omega\ultima.
Dynamis farming.
Salvage.
Sea stuff.
Sky stuff.
Abyssea.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-14 02:51:10  
I personally would never farm those kind of NMs on RDM, so why bother with an acc set?
If I'd bring RDM to dyna, would only be EP mobs probably, maybe DC
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-14 03:03:40  
It's really not, when the majority of melee RDMs do it for fun on old content which probably are 10 to 20 levels below us.
Please tell me the last time you saw a melee RDM on anything evasive :P
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-14 03:42:58  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
It's really not, when the majority of melee RDMs do it for fun on old content which probably are 10 to 20 levels below us.
How are you so sure about what the majority of melee RDMs are doing, and what exatly is fun about destroying mobs 20 levels below your own?

Nothing.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-08-14 06:06:47  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

DC birds in Dyna Bubu, the ones near the north east corner. Usually duo the zone with a THF friend of mine, sometimes go BLU, sometimes go RDM.

Yeah it's dyna but you asked :p

-=edit=-

Really trying to think here. Only thing that comes to mind is Arch Limbus / Omega / Ultima as their kinda easy and don't require super powerful setups to kill. Their also a timed event with a time based lock out so killing faster won't allow you to do more of them.

Hmm maybe city voidwatch's for helping friends get clears? IDK I'm kinda reaching here.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-14 06:14:54  
I've even been with a rdm that likes meleeing on VW mobs, but even then I don't see an issue since you can use Stalwarts.
Where would you need an accuracy build? Bismarck? P-Watcher? Legion? Your rdm is hardly invited to those events and even if for some reason it is, you're not there to swing a stick.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-08-14 06:23:00  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I've even been with a rdm that likes meleeing on VW mobs, but even then I don't see an issue since you can use Stalwarts.
Where would you need an accuracy build? Bismarck? P-Watcher? Legion? Your rdm is hardly invited to those events and even if for some reason it is, you're not there to swing a stick.

I could see it up Jueno T4 at the highest but anything higher is pushing it. RDM just isn't suited for alliance based super kill events.
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-08-14 06:38:43  
t4 wouldnt need acc gear. atma and temps would take care of that.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-15 07:53:10  
So far as I have seen with my RDM, acc was ok on T1 Aht, went bad on T2, same with Tav. Jeuno I have been ok on T4~5, T6 I never meleed on because other than Kalasutrax I have only ever fought them once for wins. VW isn't to bad on RDM so long as you got the gear & all that to go with it, but I will admit the higher end mobs you would need an acc build at which point even I will admit its better to switch jobs. For Morta I was at 99+51DEX with +21Acc then Valiant+Coercion lv15, yet my acc was about 20%. So at least on Morta and Bismarck you would need a nice accuracy build or more Atmacite focused on it to hit.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-15 11:45:59  
Just curious, what are opinions on this TP set?

Khadga is Double Attack, setting the set at 45 Double Attack I believe so long as you have a proper Enhancing Magic build and Temper up.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-15 12:41:14  
It's an excellent DD set. Edited. I misread.

My philosophy on gearing melee RDM is based on 3 things:

A) I'm probably solo.
B) I need the durability and endurance that RDM provides.
C) If kill speed was an issue I'd be on another job, and probably not solo.

Given that, this is my set:

Which caps haste, PDT, and is 5% shy of MDT cap with Shell up. I can drop a Shikargar for Almace and still be quite comfortable with 40% PDT.

wow, this is solid, totally stealing this c.c!
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-15 13:06:59  
Yeah I was just sayin for pure TPing, for being a brick wall I would rather use this...

Mind you I dont actually have all this gear yet but I have some of it and am working towords it each day! ^_^

Edit:Sorry for originally posting a link >< I got all derpy for a min for some reason.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-15 13:37:58  
Very true I was just saying for the kill speed doesn't matter mentality, Ill make a PDT/Haste Build later today, just haven't bothered yet because most things I end up just straight TPing on and swap to -DT when things get rough.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-15 13:42:52  
how about something like this along the lines of accuracy? might be better options but i just threw this together rq

Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-15 13:50:25  
Looks good. Oneiros Pebble.

ahhhh knew it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-15 14:03:55  
Suppa still in acc set for sure, and I would'nt use adler ring ever.
Sniper+1 would be 1 less acc and 12 more attack
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-15 14:13:51  
Sec fixing
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7