フォーラム » FFXI » General » Element Staffs
Element Staffs
First Page 2 3 4
 Lakshmi.Alaric
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-19 15:35:20  
What's best Staff to use for wind element? Been a rdm I like the Aquilo's staff but would it be better to use wind staff if using wind attack? Aquilo's Staff shows 20+ attack on wind elemnt that's what would cause me to use it. Please give your opinion.

Thanks

Alaric
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-19 15:37:12  
Auster's is the best of the elemental staves for wind-based spells.

Aero I/II/III/IV
Aeroga I/II/III
Silence
Gravity

Using an Aquilo's will give you the 5 Int and the +15 bonus to Elemental Magic Skill, but... It will also give you a -15% MAB/MAC to all wind spells.

Thanks for the link, Endelig. :P
 Asura.Endelig
サーバ: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-05-19 15:37:14  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17550
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-05-19 15:40:15  
Aquilo's Staff makes wind based spells worse. The +20 wind is wind resistance because wind is weak to ice (hitting Shiva with something wind based for example). One of the hidden effects on the Aquilo's Staff is -15% potency to wind based spells.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 15:50:10  
Always use same element staff as the spell always. And its +15% dmg not MAB its applied afterwards which is the whole reason the new +20 and +25 MAB staffs do less dmg. Also testing has shown that the macc added is around +20-30.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-19 16:02:10  
Dasva said:
Always use same element staff as the spell always. And its +15% dmg not MAB its applied afterwards which is the whole reason the new +20 and +25 MAB staffs do less dmg. Also testing has shown that the macc added is around +20-30.

Only one exception that I know of is Threnodies, Lightning Threnody = Earth staff et cetera.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-05-19 16:03:03  
Dasva said:
...And its +15% dmg not MAB its applied afterwards

Yea, that's what I meant when I said potency. Not MAB.

Jimmyjazz said:
Dasva said:

Only one exception that I know of is Threnodies, Lightning Threnody = Earth staff et cetera.

Well, not really an exception. Lightning threnody is Earth based.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 16:05:35  
Jimmyjazz said:
Dasva said:

Lightning threnody is a earth element spell... just like all the barspells are the opposite element that there upping the resistance too
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-19 16:11:34  
Dasva said:
Jimmyjazz said:
Dasva said:

Lightning threnody is a earth element spell... just like all the barspells are the opposite element that there upping the resistance too

You would be correct, the spell names however are quite misleading for some folks.
Best way to check is the color next to the spell in your menu, match that up with appropriate elemental staff.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-19 16:12:13  
The HQ staves give +/- 15% to Dmg / Acc. The NQ give +/- 10% to Dmg / Acc.
+ for the element of the staff and - for the element weak to it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 16:13:43  
Tbest said:
The HQ staves give +/- 20% to Dmg / Acc. The NQ give +/- 15% to Dmg / Acc.

cough HQ 15 NQ 10 cough
 Odin.Sparow
サーバ: Odin
user: Sparow
By Odin.Sparow 2009-05-19 16:34:33  
In my Opinion, nothing can be better then a Set of HQ Staffs :P
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-19 16:37:00  
Yeah, HQ staves are pretty much the best you can get for casting any spell.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-19 16:39:42  
Tbest said:
Yeah, HQ staves are pretty much the best you can get for casting any spell.

Now I gotta save up the 8 million I'm gonna need for SCH when I hit 51.

Gonna be a while lol
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-19 16:48:22  
:P Just get into a good Dyna shell and start sponsoring runs. Gee... Wish I knew of one where you could sponsor runs...*Hint, hint.*
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 16:52:38  
Sparow said:
In my Opinion, nothing can be better then a Set of HQ Staffs :P

Numbers and testing show that with the exception of alky staff for debuffs only that yes this is right
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-19 17:05:55  
Don't forget the SMNs in this. HQ staffs have -3 perp cost on the right element (aka Jupiter's Staff gives -3 perp cost on Ramuh only, but +3 perp cost on Titan only)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 17:08:46  
Korpg said:
Don't forget the SMNs in this. HQ staffs have -3 perp cost on the right element (aka Jupiter's Staff gives -3 perp cost on Ramuh only, but +3 perp cost on Titan only)

Nirvana or gtfo... bahamuts staff to tied you over is ok i guess
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-19 17:23:33  
Yeah, Bahamut's is > than 'most' HQ staves. I'd still prefer a NQ/HQ light staff and at least a NQ Dark Staff though. The 5 Smn magic skill just can't replace the benefits of those two.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 17:27:17  
Tbest said:
Yeah, Bahamut's is > than 'most' HQ staves. I'd still prefer a NQ/HQ light staff and at least a NQ Dark Staff though. The 5 Smn magic skill just can't replace the benefits of those two.

for smn? It gives the same -prep cost of the HQ staffs...
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-19 17:35:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Dasva said:
Tbest said:

yeah but it saves you ALOT of inventory space instead of having all those HQ staff and if your not planning on lvl'ing blm or another mage job

boom gilz

edit: oh and +5 smn skill methinks too
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 17:37:24  
Thunderz said:
Dasva said:
Tbest said:

yeah but it saves you ALOT of inventory space instead of having all those HQ staff and if your not planning on lvl'ing blm or another mage job

boom gilz

hence why i was qustioning the whole elental staves... why would you waste 7 more slots to get the same prep cost and less smning skill and mp too...
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-19 17:38:44  
I like my HQ staves for BLM, I do hope that one day SE makes the mythic BLM weapon able to trump them tho. There should always be an endgame piece that can top a crafted item, even a HQ.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-19 17:38:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

lol I tl: dr so im probably missing something T.T
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-19 17:41:24  
Thunderz said:
lol I tl: dr so im probably missing something T.T

Sure...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-19 17:43:46  
Tbest said:
The HQ staves give +/- 15% to Dmg / Acc. The NQ give +/- 10% to Dmg / Acc.

Not quite. The damage is correct but testing has shown the MAcc bonus is in the 20-30 range for the relevant element. This, even more than the fact that you'll generally outdamage the MAB staves, is why you should stick to the HQ staves.

Dasva said:
Thunderz said:
Dasva said:
Tbest said:

boom gilz

hence why i was qustioning the whole elental staves... why would you waste 7 more slots to get the same prep cost and less smning skill and mp too...

You should still keep Terra's, Apollo's, and Pluto's on hand for damage reduction, cures, and hMP, so you're really only saving 4 slots XD
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-19 17:45:21  
Nightfyre said:
This, even more than the fact that you'll generally outdamage the MAB staves, is why you should stick to the HQ staves.

Which just makes me sad. If people do the work to acquire a mythic, they shouldn't look at it and go "ya know... why?"
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 17:45:56  
doing the math if im not mistaken it was around base 33MAB for HQ staff to beat +20MAB staff and around 60ish for +25MAB staff... 33 is laughable since blm gets 32 just from job traits not to mention up to 10 more from merits. 60 is still pretty damn easy for a blm
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-19 17:46:48  
I should probably stop talking... if SE sees something like this, they're gonna be "ya know, he's right... NERF THE HQS!!"
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 17:47:32  
Kyaaadaa said:
Nightfyre said:
This, even more than the fact that you'll generally outdamage the MAB staves, is why you should stick to the HQ staves.

Which just makes me sad. If people do the work to acquire a mythic, they shouldn't look at it and go "ya know... why?"

The very first postings on mythics from when premier sites tested them indicated that the aftermath lasted for a very long time like until you zoned or unequiped or something and that instead of getting 1 of the effects you got them all. Most of the weapons being good were highly dependent on this being true... without it most are gonna suck hard
First Page 2 3 4