Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-19 17:47:39
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Nightfyre said:
Tbest said:
The HQ staves give +/- 15% to Dmg / Acc. The NQ give +/- 10% to Dmg / Acc.
+ for the element of the staff and - for the element weak to it.

Not quite. The damage is correct but testing has shown the MAcc bonus is in the 20-30 range for the relevant element. This, even more than the fact that you'll generally outdamage the MAB staves, is why you should stick to the HQ staves.

Dasva said:
Thunderz said:
Dasva said:
Tbest said:
Yeah, Bahamut's is > than 'most' HQ staves. I'd still prefer a NQ/HQ light staff and at least a NQ Dark Staff though. The 5 Smn magic skill just can't replace the benefits of those two.

for smn? It gives the same -prep cost of the HQ staffs...

yeah but it saves you ALOT of inventory space instead of having all those HQ staff and if your not planning on lvl'ing blm or another mage job

boom gilz

hence why i was qustioning the whole elental staves... why would you waste 7 more slots to get the same prep cost and less smning skill and mp too...

You should still keep Terra's, Apollo's, and Pluto's on hand for damage reduction, cures, and hMP, so you're really only saving 4 slots XD

I can sell the HQs and keep the NQs for that

still saving some gils for a smn
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-19 17:49:59  
Kyaaadaa said:
Nightfyre said:
This, even more than the fact that you'll generally outdamage the MAB staves, is why you should stick to the HQ staves.

Which just makes me sad. If people do the work to acquire a mythic, they shouldn't look at it and go "ya know... why?"

I know, right? ; ;

If I ever go for a mythic it will probably be a Tizona unless I level PUP, then I'm gonna have to flip a coin or something. Kenkonken's definitely one of the better mythics, but ~3MP/tic anytime you're meleeing is pure sex.

@Thunderz: Very true, it's not like you need the HQ for the purposes I mentioned.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-19 17:51:50  
Dasva said:
The very first postings on mythics from when premier sites tested them indicated that the aftermath lasted for a very long time like until you zoned or unequiped or something and that instead of getting 1 of the effects you got them all. Most of the weapons being good were highly dependent on this being true... without it most are gonna suck hard

I'm probably old school in the fact that if i see a BLM meleeing something, I want to D2 them instantly to whatever noobhole they crawled out of. Single-minded? Sure, but BLM wasn't made to melee, don't make a weapon that requires it to be a better spell flinger.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 17:53:07  
Kyaaadaa said:
Dasva said:
The very first postings on mythics from when premier sites tested them indicated that the aftermath lasted for a very long time like until you zoned or unequiped or something and that instead of getting 1 of the effects you got them all. Most of the weapons being good were highly dependent on this being true... without it most are gonna suck hard

I'm probably old school in the fact that if i see a BLM meleeing something, I want to D2 them instantly to whatever noobhole they crawled out of. Single-minded? Sure, but BLM wasn't made to melee, don't make a weapon that requires it to be a better spell flinger.

It wasnt about blm meleeing with the way they made mythic sound at first you could pop a whole bunch of sleep pots do a ws and enjoy the benefits for awhile... making blms melee to keep it of course is what makes it full of fail
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-19 17:53:38

I don't understand why don't they make the mythic/relic weapons for mages Give a Special spell to the job. You know?

ex. blm: Meteor?

mythic/relic ws for a mage is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because they don't meele
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-19 17:55:24  
Given the incredibly long list of reasons I can come up with right off the top of my head for why a BLM shouldn't melee even if they do for some reason own a Laevateinn, single-minded is hardly wrong in this case. Thunderz is right, they should have given us Meteor or something that would actually justify the ridiculous expense involved in upgrading a mythic.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-19 17:56:09  
Dasva said:
Thunderz said:
Dasva said:
Tbest said:
Yeah, Bahamut's is > than 'most' HQ staves. I'd still prefer a NQ/HQ light staff and at least a NQ Dark Staff though. The 5 Smn magic skill just can't replace the benefits of those two.

yeah but it saves you ALOT of inventory space instead of having all those HQ staff and if your not planning on lvl'ing blm or another mage job

boom gilz

hence why i was qustioning the whole elental staves... why would you waste 7 more slots to get the same prep cost and less smning skill and mp too...

If I had a Bahamut's Staff, I would use it full time on SMN....

But since I don't atm, I have to carry my HQ staffs that also benifit my RDM and BLM.

So yeah.....
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-19 18:00:01  
Nightfyre said:
Given the incredibly long list of reasons I can come up with right off the top of my head for why a BLM shouldn't melee even if they do for some reason own a Laevateinn, single-minded is hardly wrong in this case.

That's my point. Almost any developer would look at the BLM job and go "I hardly doubt that any player is gonna turn this into a melee DPS job."
And going back to my original rant, why is the best MAB/Macc weapon for BLM craftable? Makes it easier to get, sure (money aside), but shouldn't there be some incentive for BLM to go out and get the magical equivalent to, say, THFs Mandau, or DRK Apocalypse? They see a tremendous increase to their damage (I've seen 7.5k Dancing Edge before), yet a BLM (BLM are overpowered already, or so everyone says) can't receive a weapon in endgame to rep 8 slots of inventory space... as if BLM didn't require enough gear as it was to play with great success.

P.S. need my satchel so the inventory won't be a problem... for now.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 18:01:21  
Nightfyre said:
Given the incredibly long list of reasons I can come up with right off the top of my head for why a BLM shouldn't melee even if they do for some reason own a Laevateinn, single-minded is hardly wrong in this case. Thunderz is right, they should have given us Meteor or something that would actually justify the ridiculous expense involved in upgrading a mythic.

If the aftermath lasted a long time and if you got all the bonuses at once like orginally reported it would be worth it. New thing wouldve been for blms with laev to walk around with opo neck and sleep pots to start fight off while tanks getting hate then lower the mobs MDB and do some serious pwnage
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 18:02:19  
Korpg said:
Dasva said:
Thunderz said:
Dasva said:
Tbest said:

boom gilz

If I had a Bahamut's Staff, I would use it full time on SMN....

But since I don't atm, I have to carry my HQ staffs that also benifit my RDM and BLM.

So yeah.....

Id accept if you had nirvana too...
 Lakshmi.Tkai
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-05-20 14:53:24  
Since we're talking about staffs, I had the one question about sleep, we know that this is an enfeeble magic but would it be right to consider it as = to drk magic. Ok is I use sleep would think to use Aquilo's staff just because it has an increase on INT+ , but is it wise to use dark staff better just because of the dark mp increase??
 Lakshmi.Alaric
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-20 14:55:55  
Tkai said:
Since we're talking about staffs, I had the one question about sleep, we know that this is an enfeeble magic but would it be right to consider it as = to drk magic. Ok is I use sleep would think to use Aquilo's staff just because it has an increase on INT+ , but is it wise to use dark staff better just because of the dark mp increase??

Hmmm have the same questions here. Anybody???
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-20 14:59:07  
Pluto's Staff has +15% ACC and +15% potency. That's going to far outdo any amount of INT you can get on a staff. Especially not the 3 INT Aquilo's has on Pluto.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-20 15:00:24  
Alaric said:
Tkai said:

Use Dark/Pluto's Staff for Sleep I/II Sleepga I/II due to the +15% boost to Accuracy. (At least, I've always heard it was 15%, I've also heard recently it was a static +20 MAcc)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:00:50  
Alaric said:
Tkai said:

Ahem dark element magic does not equal dark magic. All spells regardless of type have one of the 8 elements (pysical blus spells not included) The type has to do with magic skill. The element... well the element. Yes dark/pluto staff is best for sleep except maybe alky staff. Sure int helps but its nothing like another 20-30 macc. Have no clue what you mean by dark mp increase though
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-20 15:02:06  
Here I tell you how to use ur stick.

Look at spell on spell list

Find color next to it

Find stick with same color ball on top

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-20 15:07:33  
Lol, listen to Frobeus. Even though he's an ***, he usually does have his facts straight. INT+5 would give you +2.5 M.ACC give or take, whereas HQ Dark Staff would give anywhere from 20 to 40 M.ACC.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:09:54  
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

For all the sarcasm it is more or less same thing I wrote without the reasons. Also takes away the confusion some people seem to be having about but why is ice threnody needs fire staff cause for some reason that dont make sense to some people
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-20 15:10:46

Dorje, the current end all, be all BLM staff to replace them all.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-20 15:12:31  
Luignata said:

Situational ***is situational
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-20 15:13:49  
Luignata said:
Dorje, the current end all, be all BLM staff to replace them all for level 80 and lower mobs.

Fixed.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 15:14:58  
Alaric said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

Um.. here's how u can use ur stick.. um up ur rear ...

He's blunt, but he's right. It's not a difficult concept. Tkai, it's enfeebling magic and should be considered as such, just dark elemental. ALWAYS cast in the corresponding staff, no matter what spell it is.

Even Alkalurops I could only recommend in good conscience for RDM and BRD because INT doesn't effect potency on enfeebles and right now it looks like the INT combined with the MAcc on Alky is roughly equal to the hidden MAcc on the HQ staves (known to be between 20 and 30 Macc). Even if it only comes out to be 20 MAcc on the staves I think I'd stick with them just for the inventory +1, but that's a personal decision.

Luignata said:

Woosh?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-20 15:16:26  
O.oa Doesn't int affect the potency of spells like Bind and Gravity? O.oa
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 15:17:07  
Tbest said:
O.oa Doesn't int affect the potency of spells like Bind and Gravity? O.oa

AFAIK, no.

Edit: to be a little more clear about that, I'd never know if it affected Bind because the damn spell wears off the moment the mob takes damage and Gravity is fixed potency. The MAcc you get from INT is another matter.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-20 15:17:57

Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

If I see anyone use an earth/terra staff for stoneskin I will personally slap em.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-20 15:19:18  
*Shrugs.* Shows how often I solo on Rdm. lol I only even use Gravity on a mob if I'm not /dnc on T. >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 15:19:19  
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

If I see anyone use an earth/terra staff for stoneskin I will personally slap em.

The lone exception to that rule, though I know some BLM who cast Dia/Bio in the opposite staff to avoid feeding TP to mobs.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-20 15:19:30

Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

But it boosts my chances of landing stoneskin by 15%!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 15:20:34  
Lol'd

Seriously though, you were wooshing me about Dorje, right?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:22:01  
Luignata said:

Dorje is POS and heres why. For blm with decent MAB this sucks. First of all the amount of macc youd have to add in other slots to put this on would hurt insane but lets stick with dmg. +15% current MAB vs current MAB+25. If you add an = sign you can use some algebra to find when they same dmg. 1.15MAB= MAB+25. or .15MAB=25. Which comes out to MAB= 1.66666. so lets see what a blm needs to get that JT=32 potency merits equal 10. Sorc ring 10 moldy 5. NQ weskit 6 and vmitts/Z mitts another 5. pretty easy to get gear puts you at 68. Not much harder to get more. Now if you factor what it takes to compensate for the loss of macc... which on endgame stuff would be nearly impossible since youd need to wear some skill gear even with merits anyways