Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:
Here I tell you how to use ur stick.

Look at spell on spell list

Find color next to it

Find stick with same color ball on top

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

If I see anyone use an earth/terra staff for stoneskin I will personally slap em.

But it boosts my chances of landing stoneskin by 15%!

Unless you forget to click off the old one... that's a 100% miss. Gear...grind...thread...must...post...
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:23:59  
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

If I see anyone use an earth/terra staff for stoneskin I will personally slap em.

For soloing its not a bad idea. When your casting it its probably down and you probably are being attacked. So youll take less dmg which means lower chance to get interupted. On top of that do you know how rediculously easy it is for rdm or even sch for that matter to cap stoneskin.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-20 15:27:58  
Dasva said:
For soloing its not a bad idea. When your casting it its probably down and you probably are being attacked. So youll take less dmg which means lower chance to get interupted. On top of that do you know how rediculously easy it is for rdm or even sch for that matter to cap stoneskin.

No, it's always a bad idea. Bind/sleep/gravity run away and cast in something that gives +MND.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-20 15:29:27  
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

This one is true. Kirin's Pole if you can use it.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-20 15:31:20  
Nightfyre said:
Tbest said:
O.oa Doesn't int affect the potency of spells like Bind and Gravity? O.oa

AFAIK, no.

Edit: to be a little more clear about that, I'd never know if it affected Bind because the damn spell wears off the moment the mob takes damage and Gravity is fixed potency. The MAcc you get from INT is another matter.

Int does affect the elemental DOT's in tier's though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:32:51  
Hypnotizd said:
Dasva said:

No, it's always a bad idea. Bind/sleep/gravity run away and cast in something that gives +MND.

Not always an option and I cap stone skin without staff in without even using errant body
 Asura.Hatheron
サーバ: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-20 15:38:51  
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

Ok, slap me. Cause apparently I missed something along the way... I have all the elemental staves. Assume you would use the same elemental based stave for a spell, which spells in particular would you use a non-matching staff for?

I'm thinking, if not Earth/Terra's for Stoneskin, maybe Water/Neptune's? As a SCH, this is something I need/want to know. (I think I skipped Scholar class that day >.<)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:40:37  
Hatheron said:
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

Ok, slap me. Cause apparently I missed something along the way... I have all the elemental staves. Assume you would use the same elemental based stave for a spell, which spells in particular would you use a non-matching staff for?

I'm thinking, if not Earth/Terra's for Stoneskin, maybe Water/Neptune's? As a SCH, this is something I need/want to know. (I think I skipped Scholar class that day >.<)

terra staff is not gonna help your stoneskin. However going past the cap of 350 aint either and with B+ enhancing magic ie rdm sch or whm/sch you can do that with no enhancing gear or merits with only a total of 94 mnd... something all those jobs can easily get
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-20 15:42:58  
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

terra staff is not gonna help your stoneskin. However going past the cap of 350 aint either and with B+ enhancing magic ie rdm sch or whm/sch you can do that with no enhancing gear or merits with only a total of 94 mnd... something all those jobs can easily get

Okie Dokie, so with a high enough Enhancing skill, the staff doesn't matter. Are there any other spells in particular that may be enhanced more from use by a different ele-stave? I believe this is more in reference to enhancing spells.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-20 15:44:16  
Hatheron said:
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

I personally use my water staff to cast stoneskin in. Never found a reason to upgrade to Neptunes. With my +MND gear I believe I have about 115MND on BLM.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:44:44  
Hatheron said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

Okie Dokie, so with a high enough Enhancing skill, the staff doesn't matter. Are there any other spells in particular that may be enhanced more from use by a different ele-stave? I believe this is more in reference to enhancing spells.

Enhancing spells are not effected and it isnt just about enhancing magic. For stoneskin dmg 3skill=1mnd=1 more dmg
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-20 15:47:18  
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

Enhancing spells are not effected and it isnt just about enhancing magic. For stoneskin dmg 3skill=1mnd=1 more dmg

Lol, ok, I feel like a noob now, yet enlightened.

So, macroing a Wind Staff when I cast Sneak/Invis/Blink, Light staff for Phalanx, Earth Staff for Stoneskin, Water staff for Aquaveil, all completely pointless?

Please say yes. >.<
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-20 15:52:41  
Macro is much quicker than hunting for a spell in a list of 100+ spells. :/
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:54:31  
Hatheron said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Find color next to it

Use that stick

Brain shattering I know.

Lol, ok, I feel like a noob now, yet enlightened.

So, macroing a Wind Staff when I cast Sneak/Invis/Blink, Light staff for Phalanx, Earth Staff for Stoneskin, Water staff for Aquaveil, all completely pointless?

Please say yes. >.<

Yes... though id say light on blink serves the purpose of evasion so you less likely to get hit by out of it. Only things that effect sneak/invis are composure and gear that says so. Blink always same number of shadows phalanx dmg reduction purely based on enhancing magic already talked about stoneskin and i dont think ive ever heard of anyone trying to test aquaveil period. This is all on wiki btw including exact formulas for things like stoneskin phalanx even enspells
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 15:56:08  
Hatheron said:

No when your already using 2 sets of maccros and you know where the order of your spells. Like for example slow and phalanx (which have the same duration how nice) are exactly 4 scrolls away I think not sure how many spells that is... different if im /whm though sucks.
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-20 16:04:18  
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:

No when your already using 2 sets of maccros and you know where the order of your spells. Like for example slow and phalanx (which have the same duration how nice) are exactly 4 scrolls away I think not sure how many spells that is... different if im /whm though sucks.

Well, as a SCH, I have everything macroed. Without access to windower, it enables me to quickly access all my spells much faster than scrolling through my spell list. I use every macro on my SCH macro set.

And, from experience, hitting a macro for sneak or invis is much faster than memorizing my spell list. It's just my method. So sue me. :P
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-05-20 16:06:52  
Hatheron said:

For non-tiered spells which don't require staves, basically Sneak and Invisible (sometimes Blink if I'm in Besieged), I just type the spells out instead of using a macro.

As an example: /ma [Sneak] <me> (with Sneak in auto-translate)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 16:08:13  
Hatheron said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:

Well, as a SCH, I have everything macroed. Without access to windower, it enables me to quickly access all my spells much faster than scroll through my spell list. I use every macro on my SCH macro set.

And, from experience, hit a macro from sneak or invis is much faster than memorizing my spell list. It's just my method. So sue me. :P

... windower would make maccroing everything easier. I dont use windower maccros though. How do you get by with just one maccro set though. My rdm uses most of 2 easy and I got another set for the situational/different sub job ones. And when I /sch I just do all those JAs by hand cause itd take to long to scroll to the right maccro. Hell even my blm barely uses only 1 page and thats with saying no to cures and most debuffs and perfectly doing my gear swaps so I dont need 2 to do 1 thing
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 16:27:08  
Frobeus said:
Nightfyre said:
Tbest said:
O.oa Doesn't int affect the potency of spells like Bind and Gravity? O.oa

AFAIK, no.

Edit: to be a little more clear about that, I'd never know if it affected Bind because the damn spell wears off the moment the mob takes damage and Gravity is fixed potency. The MAcc you get from INT is another matter.

Int does affect the elemental DOT's in tier's though.

This is true, but those are considered Elemental Magic.
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-20 18:54:50  
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:

Well, as a SCH, I have everything macroed. Without access to windower, it enables me to quickly access all my spells much faster than scroll through my spell list. I use every macro on my SCH macro set.

And, from experience, hit a macro from sneak or invis is much faster than memorizing my spell list. It's just my method. So sue me. :P

... windower would make maccroing everything easier. I dont use windower maccros though. How do you get by with just one maccro set though. My rdm uses most of 2 easy and I got another set for the situational/different sub job ones. And when I /sch I just do all those JAs by hand cause itd take to long to scroll to the right maccro. Hell even my blm barely uses only 1 page and thats with saying no to cures and most debuffs and perfectly doing my gear swaps so I dont need 2 to do 1 thing

Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I use one entire Macro Book just for SCH. Ten Macro sets with 20 Macros, each all just for SCH. Does not make more sense?

Also, as an Xbox user, I find it much easier to select macros than to type everything out. Again, this is just personal preference. In the end, it doesn't matter how you sneak/invis or how I sneak/invis. As long as neither of us get aggro.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 19:05:57  
Hatheron said:
Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I use one entire Macro Book just for SCH. Ten Macro sets with 20 Macros, each all just for SCH. Does not make more sense?

Holy *** ***dude. Like you use them always or some are for different subjobs situations. Cause damn thats like every spell in the game that you can use and jas plus some
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 19:19:37  
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:

Holy *** ***dude. Like you use them always or some are for different subjobs situations. Cause damn thats like every spell in the game that you can use and jas plus some

For SCH it's almost necessary given the number of JA's they have. I have pretty much everything macrod for BLM and I'm using 8 sets out of 10.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 19:23:08  
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:

For SCH it's almost necessary given the number of JA's they have. I have pretty much everything macrod for BLM and I'm using 8 sets out of 10.

well really though no need to maccro 2hr or modus considering the recast unless your doing the lots of sch modus thing. So really all you need is light and dark arts and the 4jas so 6 really also only really need the strongest 2-3 spells of for nukes and helixes too... and /blm even easier no buffs hardly at all
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 19:24:57  
Dasva said:
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:

well really though no need to maccro 2hr or modus considering the recast unless your doing the lots of sch modus thing. So really all you need is light and dark arts and the 4jas so 6 really

Along with gear swaps and however many spells you feel should be macro'd, and SCH gets a lot of spells. I never macro 2hrs so that wasn't even considered.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 19:31:07  
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Hatheron said:

well really though no need to maccro 2hr or modus considering the recast unless your doing the lots of sch modus thing. So really all you need is light and dark arts and the 4jas so 6 really

Along with gear swaps and however many spells you feel should be macro'd, and SCH gets a lot of spells. I never macro 2hrs so that wasn't even considered.

gear swap with the spells if your focused on /blm then really you should mostly be nuke set anyways... as a blm ive never used more then 3 single target spells and 3 agas and even using all of them is rare cause recast timers and such. And since with the exception of AM2 the spells just get progressively stronger never felt any desire to use lower dmg spells. Plus I got convert maccros for sorc ring not to mention random stuff like sleeps binds gravity lol ES blink stoneskin
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 19:47:11  
I went all-out with gear swaps and macro palettes, as I prefer to be prepared for any situation. Thus, I have almost all my spells macroed. No point in using a bigger spell if something smaller will get the job done. It's a Scholarly approach to BLM, in a way - being as efficient and prepared as possible. I could get away with fewer macros, but it's nice knowing I can access everything quickly.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 19:56:12  
well I sometiems use smaller stuff but usually its still the same element so i just scroll to it quickly and hit that element maccro. ANd i very carefully made my maccros so that I only need 1 per spell based on what my resting set gets me out of when I get up as well as other sets put me in. With 4 75s one of them being rdm with rediculous amount of spells and sub possiblities I could never conceive using that much maccros on just 1 nuking job
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-20 20:29:58  
BLM can do more than just nuke. I macro accordingly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-20 20:48:00  
Nightfyre said:
BLM can do more than just nuke. I macro accordingly.

well yeah I got the movement speed debuffs and sleeps but im not a rdm im not a healer and im not there for para etc and i refuse to sub whm