フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 431 432 433 ... 445 446 447
 Asura.Zetaking
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2023-03-12 16:12:09  
now imagine if se ever messes up, and makes an all jobs version of whms cure pants >.>;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-12 17:09:23  
is new belt like a lot of HP% gear that only affects the "visible" equipment?
By SimonSes 2023-03-13 03:32:34  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
is new belt like a lot of HP% gear that only affects the "visible" equipment?

Not sure what you are asking exactly, but if I have 2722 HP (including HP from augments like Umoving Collar +1 R15) without belt, then with belt I have 2994, which is exactly 10% more (rounded down 2994.2)
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-03-13 18:10:43  
SimonSes said: »
With new Platinum Moogle Belt as Taru with ML45 Tizona/Thibron

I like it :O

EDIT: Probably easy to break 2k as Galka now :)

What's your HP total? My whitewind set w/ max curepot is sitting ~4k and change @ ML41
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-03-14 05:28:15  
Zomorrodnegar (+130)
Sakpata's Sword (+100)
Egoist's Tathlum (+45)
Telchine Cap (+86 --- +8% Cure Pot.)
Pinga Tunic +1 (+101 --- +15% Cure Pot.)
Telchine Gloves (+102 --- 18% Cure Pot.)
Pinga Pants +1 (+84 --- +13% Cure Pot.)
Carmine Greaves +1 (+95)
Unmoving Collar +1 (+200)
Tuisto Earring (+150)
Odnowa Earring +1 (+110)
Meridian Ring (+90)
Gelatinous Ring +1 (+130)
Moonlight Cape (+275)
Plat.Mog. Belt (+10% ~390)

Blue Spells (+115) from my average set

Total HP, 4295. BLU/RDM ML 41

White wind cures for: 1839

Are you incorporating Cure pot. Received somewhere in there?
By SimonSes 2023-03-14 06:09:01  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Zomorrodnegar (+130)
Sakpata's Sword (+100)
Egoist's Tathlum (+45)
Telchine Cap (+86 --- +8% Cure Pot.)
Pinga Tunic +1 (+101 --- +15% Cure Pot.)
Telchine Gloves (+102 --- 18% Cure Pot.)
Pinga Pants +1 (+84 --- +13% Cure Pot.)
Carmine Greaves +1 (+95)
Unmoving Collar +1 (+200)
Tuisto Earring (+150)
Odnowa Earring +1 (+110)
Meridian Ring (+90)
Gelatinous Ring +1 (+130)
Moonlight Cape (+275)
Plat.Mog. Belt (+10% ~390)

Blue Spells (+115) from my average set

Total HP, 4295. BLU/RDM ML 41

White wind cures for: 1839

Are you incorporating Cure pot. Received somewhere in there?

I do, but also this is not my "max" cure white wind. Like I said I used regular weapons Tizona/Thibron and my Telchine augments aren't maxed out too.

This is my regular WW set:
Code
sets.midcast['Blue Magic']['White Wind'] = {
        ammo="Egoist's Tathlum",
		head="Pinga Crown +1", -- 10% CP
		body="Pinga Tunic +1", -- 15% CP
		hands={ name="Telchine Gloves", augments={'Mag. Evasion+20','Potency of "Cure" effect received+7%','HP+43',}}, -- 10% CP 7%CPR
		legs="Pinga Pants +1", -- 13% CP
		feet={ name="Telchine Pigaches", augments={'Mag. Evasion+24','Potency of "Cure" effect received+7%','HP+37',}}, -- 7% CPR
		neck="Unmoving Collar +1",
		waist="Plat. Mog. Belt",
		left_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
		right_ear="Tuisto Earring",
		left_ring="Kunaji Ring", -- 5%CPR
		right_ring="Gelatinous Ring +1",
		back="Moonlight Cape",}
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-03-15 05:45:02  
I like the CPR choices, and especially that ring. -50 hp for +5% is nice, considering most tradeoffs otherwise are a bigger HP hit. Makes me want to play around w/ my set to get some CPR in there
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-03-15 12:06:51  
Based on quickmaths, if I were to swap in those pieces of yours (and keep weapons/other stats for consistency in comparison);

My white winds would do 1776 to others +228 (+19% cure pot rec.) to myself for a total of 2004.

The question is, when using white wind (whos purpose is to heal teammates), is it worth dropping from 1840 heals to 1776 heals, just to gain 228 hp on self.

I think the max HP variation might be more practical, considering the fast cast (recast) from your hat gets cancelled out by my carmine shoes, my combo mostly just nets converse MP + 4 (hat) and 8 (feet)

Also worth considering; Frontloading as much HP as possible rather than making compromises on HP for cure potency received will make the HP+10% on the platinum belt stronger. Something I hadnt considered during my quickmaths, so the # for your build would actually be slightly smaller.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-03-15 15:18:37  
You have kind of answered your own question really, if you need party heals use the max HP set and if you need self healing and only have white wind set use the CPR set.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-15 16:27:13  
depending on the situation i used enmity down gear too
By SimonSes 2023-03-15 18:12:09  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Based on quickmaths, if I were to swap in those pieces of yours (and keep weapons/other stats for consistency in comparison);

My white winds would do 1776 to others +228 (+19% cure pot rec.) to myself for a total of 2004.

The question is, when using white wind (whos purpose is to heal teammates), is it worth dropping from 1840 heals to 1776 heals, just to gain 228 hp on self.

I think the max HP variation might be more practical, considering the fast cast (recast) from your hat gets cancelled out by my carmine shoes, my combo mostly just nets converse MP + 4 (hat) and 8 (feet)

Also worth considering; Frontloading as much HP as possible rather than making compromises on HP for cure potency received will make the HP+10% on the platinum belt stronger. Something I hadnt considered during my quickmaths, so the # for your build would actually be slightly smaller.

Personally I just like the Meva in my set and lets face it, usually it's overkill to cure for 1700 aoe anyway.

Telchine is a weak Meva point in my set, but with maxed augments whole set is "only" 93 Meva behind full Nyame, which isn't that bad. That being said I almost always use more defensive set with Nyame feet and defending ring. It's slightly less cure obviously, but in 98% scenario it's still enough to cure to full or close.
By fillerbunny9 2023-03-15 18:21:40  
is the +2 Earring from Sortie as worthless as it looks? I am honestly thinking I should just chuck it at the vendor for the 7800 Gil or whatever, as I cannot see the M.Acc being its only viable use worth a precious inventory slot.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-15 18:25:26  
fillerbunny9 said: »
is the +2 Earring from Sortie as worthless as it looks? I am honestly thinking I should just chuck it at the vendor for the 7800 Gil or whatever, as I cannot see the M.Acc being its only viable use worth a precious inventory slot.
Shrug, if your trying to tank v25 bumba and have macc down aura, I sure would be using it, looks like a solid WS piece as well.

Edit: I reworked alot of my BLU sets just to tank Bumba v25, BLU is so insanely versatile with gear and spells. +2 earring should have a spot in many different sets of any BLU that is serious about the job.
By Nariont 2023-03-15 18:26:13  
Think it had its use as a WS piece, but beyond that it is indeed a acc/macc piece, which isn't a bad deal to be fair due to quite a few of blu's stuff being phys+added effect so the sword+magic+acc/macc is nifty
By SimonSes 2023-03-15 18:35:51  

Have you seriously wrote in BLU thread that you consider selling +2 earring to npc? First of all it's bis earring for lots of things on BLU. Also selling it to npc is simply like spiting in the face to all those people not getting any +2 and dreaming about this +2 Blu to drop :(
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-15 18:51:17  
theyre not serious (i hope)
By fillerbunny9 2023-03-15 20:44:47  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
only half serious, as I would likely shunt it off to a mule to live in the Mog Locker of Disappointment because I don't see it replacing anything in my TP, WS, or Nuking sets.

we roll up with Tizona to 99% of what we melee, so if I were using Brutal in any of my sets then it would be a no brainer, so perhaps in an AM3 down situation I could see using it over Dedition. I don't see it likely that it is beating out Friomisi or Regal for anything we nuke. so again, this is why I am asking what it has a purpose for, because "It's BiS for lots of things" is meaningless when those things are not enumerated. so again, sell me on why this thing is worth a spot in my inventory aside from "high M.Acc for Feather Tickle/Sudden Lunge".
By Draylo 2023-03-15 20:49:25  
Its not worthless but its not that great either, they really dropped the ball on most of the gear imo. Really really boring stats.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-03-16 02:39:56  
gonna drop my +2 earring just to get a personal crab delivery from prothers before i end up as a headline
By SimonSes 2023-03-16 03:15:26  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
only half serious, as I would likely shunt it off to a mule to live in the Mog Locker of Disappointment because I don't see it replacing anything in my TP, WS, or Nuking sets.

we roll up with Tizona to 99% of what we melee, so if I were using Brutal in any of my sets then it would be a no brainer, so perhaps in an AM3 down situation I could see using it over Dedition. I don't see it likely that it is beating out Friomisi or Regal for anything we nuke. so again, this is why I am asking what it has a purpose for, because "It's BiS for lots of things" is meaningless when those things are not enumerated. so again, sell me on why this thing is worth a spot in my inventory aside from "high M.Acc for Feather Tickle/Sudden Lunge".

Unless you rolled really lowest on STR/INT, it's bis for Expiacion (especially that beside just being bis for WSC, it also helps landing offhand, which isnt big part of the damage, but can still add few k, making a significant difference). It's bis for blue magic skill, which is super important for spells like Magic Barrier for Bumba v25. It's by far bis for macc and acc+macc, which is great for TP reset spells (again one of the most important spells for endgame) or Sudden Lunge (another spell that is fundament of a lot of strategies involving BLU).

I honestly have no idea how you cannot see the huge value from this earring, unless all you do on BLU is melee with Naegling. EDIT: Actually even then if rolled high enough it's bis for Savage.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-03-16 03:32:20  
Really trying hard to sell it, jeeze. 12 HP to barrier, for one fight in the entire game. ACC caps, its only a few points higher than other options. It isn't some "huge value" earring, but sure I guess we have to look for whatever crumbs come our way.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-03-16 04:04:06  
Draylo said: »
Really trying hard to sell it, jeeze. 12 HP to barrier, for one fight in the entire game. ACC caps, its only a few points higher than other options. It isn't some "huge value" earring, but sure I guess we have to look for whatever crumbs come our way.

12HP to barrier can be a difference of Bumba landing some high MP cost spell for more than 0 damage and doing TP mvoe *** up your run.

I barely mentioned accuracy, but 30+acc is a lot for Thibron hit landing during Expiacion and that hit landing is like +2% damage. Nyame for WS is pretty big drop in accuracy.

Up to 15STR/15INT is easily bis for Expiacion. It's like twice stronger than Ishvara and adds ~25+ attack too. 15/15 roll is the same as 5%WSD and ~27attack. If labeled this way, you would be jerking to that.

30+ macc is also significant and it's just silly to look over it
when our debuffs and TP reset landing is crucial for many fights involving BLU.

Sure it's boring, but it is very strong for almost everything you do on BLU.
By fillerbunny9 2023-03-16 18:53:46  
so basically it will perform moderately better than Ishvara (as if I would ever get max augments from a random pull in this game, lol), and is a niche casting piece. basically, it can live in the Mog Locker of Disappointment until my Ody group is ready to fight Mboze/Bumba at 20+, since I will be needed on other jobs until then.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-03-16 23:34:16  
so basically it will perform moderately better than Ishvara (as if I would ever get max augments from a random pull in this game, lol), and is a niche casting piece. basically, it can live in the Mog Locker of Disappointment until my Ody group is ready to fight Mboze/Bumba at 20+, since I will be needed on other jobs until then.

Now now, you can get max stats on gear... just not the piece you want
By SimonSes 2023-03-17 03:38:16  

Not sure how Sudden Lunge, TP reset, Def down etc. are niche spells. I use all of them all the time. You can argue in many scenarios additional macc wont be needed, but you can say the same for almost every upgrade for almost any set in this game, so you could just put 90% of gear in Mog Locker of Disappointment.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-03-17 07:36:46  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Now now, you can get max stats on gear... just not the piece you want
yeah, this is why Oseem and I do not get along. "Here's some really strong BST or SMN augments on your Odyssean Cuisses. no, why would you want Phalanx or Store TP on your melee gear?!"

SimonSes said: »

Not sure how Sudden Lunge, TP reset, Def down etc. are niche spells. I use all of them all the time. You can argue in many scenarios additional macc wont be needed, but you can say the same for almost every upgrade for almost any set in this game, so you could just put 90% of gear in Mog Locker of Disappointment.

"carry around this inventory -1 for the spells you already have no trouble landing" is a weak argument. inventory is at a premium, and until I am fighting something where my M.Acc is faltering, it is not worth a slot in my cramped inventory, particularly on a job I do not get to use particularly often. the situations where the earring will be of use - ie: where I am looking at a potential resist, are very few and far between, and without better augments, it is barely a step above something I already use that fits multiple jobs. I have zero problems landing Sudden Lunge/Tenebral Crush/Sweeping Gouge, but I NEED to keep this earring around at all times because.... it has a blue box around it.
By SimonSes 2023-03-17 07:50:06  
I guess it's a matter of how many jobs you play. I'm playing like 18 jobs and I would never remember about some pieces of gear I keep in mog locker and I should grab for whatever reason. I have everything I can in wardrobes and everything that can be stored on moogle, so switching job for me is just go to moogle and type "//po swap"
First Page 2 3 ... 431 432 433 ... 445 446 447