Asura.Kronikx
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kronikx 2021-07-19 01:09:42  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Kronikx said: »
STP until gear cap
What does this mean?

It means what it says, under AM3 load up on STP until you reach cap, which since there isn't one, it meansget as much as you can in your gear, then go for the other stats

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
He's reading the weapon incorrectly

AM1 is accuracy
AM2 is magic accuracy
AM3 is twice/thrice

and Yes, I did read the weapon incorrectly, it's been a very long week.

Asura.Bippin said: »
Edit: I would also argue why not set up different DW sets in lua, but do what you want.

I also play NIN, and I have DW TP sets for every conceivable situation and haste/buff options, I just didn't feel like doing that on BLU, because 90% of the time if I'm on BLU, Haste will be capped and AM3 most likely up within seconds of engaging, so only made one set for non AM3 and one for AM3.
By Meeble 2021-07-19 13:30:25  
Asura.Kronikx said: »
It means what it says, under AM3 load up on STP until you reach cap, which since there isn't one, it meansget as much as you can in your gear, then go for the other stats

It depends on your spell set.

The sets Kelg posted are for 1 tier of DW, or 25% after gifts. The sets you posted would require adding another tier of DW via set spell traits to cap delay.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-07-19 14:19:35  
Going purely for STP over MA isn't necessarily the way to go when dual wielding a mythic. The only argument for going full Malignance is the fact that the relative benefits of its defensive properties versus the DPS gain of another set is often favors the former.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelg
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-07-20 05:28:01  
I was under the impression that since multiattack is diminished under am3 that it should be avoided. Is this not true? I try to use malignance mostly because in any endgame content as a blu you can be 1 or 2 shot very easily without the damage taken-, especially in something like sheol gaol or sheol c.
By SimonSes 2021-07-20 06:20:23  
Bahamut.Kelg said: »
I was under the impression that since multiattack is diminished under am3 that it should be avoided. Is this not true? I try to use malignance mostly because in any endgame content as a blu you can be 1 or 2 shot very easily without the damage taken-, especially in something like sheol gaol or sheol c.

Diminished doesn't mean it gives negatives results.
Also Kyte especially means Dual Wield here. AM3 is active only on Tizona, while sub hand doesn't have it, so for sub hand multi attack is as good as always. I would still use 5/5 Malignance, because gains you can get with some multi attack pieces are not enough for me usually, while survivability drop is huge, but that gains are still possible if you want to go glass cannon route.

Set with Adhemar B hands/head/body, Herc feet with TA+4/acc/att, Sailfi R15, Suppa instead of Eabani, has almost 6%2.5% lead over full Malignance.

EDIT: btw this set breaks 10000 dps in sheet, which puts BLU almost in line with current top DPS jobs.

EDIT: Sorry I had Crooked 11 +8 Samurai Roll in blu sheet, while normally I use 70sTP one, so while BLU can break 10k in sheet with 86sTP, it can't with 70sTP roll.

Also without Samurai roll, bis for damage becomes a mix of Malignance and Adhemar (Something like Malignance feet,legs,hands and Adhemar head,body seems to be best, but other combinations are very close to each other too)
[+]
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-07-26 16:23:49  
Assuming acc not an issue, thib sub for naeg?
If acc is an issue, best option is odin sword?
Also, for am3 tiz, I know sets are up to date on the front, but I don't see this set with my blind eyes. Any help?
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-07-26 17:06:37  
I'd think Thibron wins for offhand on Naegling a majority of the time unless you have lots of TP overflow negating the TP bonus or you're holding for some reason. In both cases I'd think acc isn't your concern.

It's the 2nd set, it's not labelled as AM3 but this looks about right.
ItemSet 344984

This is what I use:
ItemSet 381124

I'll let someone else say if it's better or not, though lol
[+]
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-07-26 17:24:26  
Got it, thanks.
By drakefs 2021-08-03 05:02:20  
Anyone got a BiS Black Halo set? Odyssey has presented some good Blunt fights for BLU. My Savage Blade set works well enough but I am wondering if someone hasn't already gone the extra mile here.
By Shichishito 2021-08-03 07:00:42  
its 70$ MND/30% STR so i'd say what ever you use for savage blade. the only slot i could think of that's worth to go for the MND over a STR/WSdmg option is metamorph ring +1 augmented but you might already use that one in your savage blade set, too.

just my 2 cents, no spreadsheets or science and stuff.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-03 09:50:25  
I use the exact same set for Expiacion, Savage Blade, and Black Halo. Mexentius is such a good club to use on BLU in Odyssey. Don't forget to Frightful Roar every group after pulled/slept.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-08-03 13:29:43  
The club's BH damage+50% applies to all hits so to really optimize you probably want to work more multi-hit into your Black Halo set than you'd have in your Expiacion/Savage Blade set.
By SimonSes 2021-08-03 14:09:00  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
The club's BH damage+50% applies to all hits so to really optimize you probably want to work more multi-hit into your Black Halo set than you'd have in your Expiacion/Savage Blade set.

Not at all. It doesn't matter completely how much boost there is in play. The distribution of damage is still the same and it's based on fTP distribution and multiplier that works for all hits won't change anything. Like to make it simple, 1 to 8 is the same as 1.5 to 12.

That being said the Savage/Expiacion set on 1st page definitely isnt the best for Black Halo. It also isnt the best for Savage Expiacion too tho.
[+]
 Asura.Zetaking
サーバ: Asura
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-08-05 14:52:52  
Question wasn't there a Image file showing what was Cruel Joke able in shole C, swear i use to have it, but cant find it
By Mrgrim 2021-08-05 19:51:14  
Hey man this is a list that I've come up with. Aerix also sent me his list on mobs that are unCJ or resistant.

Cruel Joke-able:
yes
wamouracampa
wasp
puk
rabbits
crab
apkallu
wamoura
crawlers
korrigan
vulture
tree
saplings
marids
wyverns
raptors
flytraps
ziz (Entomb petrify resistant)
flies
Bugards

I've done only a few ody sheol-Bs but I know that the following you can CJ.

Erucas (crawlers)
Dhalmels
Opo-opos

no CJ or resistant:
tiger
ram
leech
spider
clot
scorpion
morbol
soulflayers
pudding
chigoe
imp
big birds
worms

Here is a list that Aerix also provided me from his cruel joke runs that are resistant or immune:

Plantoids:
Funguar
Malboro

Amorphs:
Clot
Leeches

Beasts:
Lynx
Tigers
Karakul
Manticore

Vermin:
Chigoes
Diremites
Scorpions
Spiders

Birds:
Bigbirds
Bats

Undead:
Skeletons
Qutrub

Arcana:
Clusters
Weapons

Dragons:
Dahaks

Demons:
Soulflayers

these are the immune mobs
or at least high resistance

You guys can add to the list on what is missing, good luck on landing dem cruelest of jokes!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-05 19:56:16  
I've never had issues landing CJ on bugards or lynx. Marids seem to resist for me though more than anything on that list.
By Mrgrim 2021-08-05 20:01:15  
Gotcha, I Might do A CJ run on my B-team soon and double check on bugards and lynxes if they appear.

Edit: Added Bugards to CJ list. Did not see lynxes on this run.
By fillerbunny9 2021-08-05 21:04:07  
Asura.Zetaking said: »
Question wasn't there a Image file showing what was Cruel Joke able in shole C, swear i use to have it, but cant find it
I do not know of one, but this is what I compiled a while back. red is bad, green is good:

edit: keep in mind, this info is specifically only good in C. immunities do not necessarily carry over into A or B (for example, I know that you can land it on Tigers in Sheol B)
[+]
By Mrgrim 2021-08-05 21:28:53  
Well that looks waaay more presentable than what I got, good stuff man!
By fillerbunny9 2021-08-05 23:35:58  
Thanks, I threw it together for my group so that it would be (hopefully) easy to see at a glance whether something was good or not.
By Shichishito 2021-08-13 19:44:25  
how does crapusucular pebble do vs the overpriced orb +1 for WS? what about crapus earring and ring, do they have an place in BLU sets? maybe budget sets?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2021-08-13 22:55:16  
Asura.Zetaking said: »
Laruni made one:
[+]
By zigzagzig 2021-08-14 03:08:35  
lis of my infobar DB file.

( proper Names to trigger Infobar )

Nostos Apkallu,<Doom Able>
Nostos Bee,<Doom Able>
Nostos Bugard,<Doom Able>
Nostos Coeurl,<Doom Able>
Nostos Ziz,<Doom Able>
Nostos Colibri,<Doom Able>
Nostos Crab,<Doom Able>
Nostos Defoliator,<Doom Able>
Nostos Fly,<Doom Able>
Nostos Flytrap,<Doom Able>
Nostos Gobbue,<Doom Able>
Nostos Vulture,<Doom Able>
Nostos Mandragora,<Doom Able>
Nostos Marid,<Doom Able>
Nostos Pugil,<Doom Able>
Nostos Puk,<Doom Able>
Nostos Rarab,<Doom Able>
Nostos Raptor,<Doom Able>
Nostos Sapling,<Doom Able>
Nostos Karakul,<Doom Able>
Nostos Treant,<Doom Able>
Nostos Wamoura,<Doom Able>
Nostos Wamouracampa,<Doom Able>
Nostos Wyvern,<Doom Able>

Enjoy
By Shichishito 2021-08-14 09:33:34  
but infobar doesn't descern between zones does it? some reported mobs seem to be susceptible in one shoel and not in the other so the infobar solution isn't optimal.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-08-17 22:09:04  
Reposting here for visibility

I am looking at swapping my current Blue mage lua over to the one Arislan's made to be in line with the rest of the ones I use. I am just wondering if anyone has added in logic for swapping tp sets for if Tizona Am3 is up or not. my current lua will swap between 2 different tp index's based on seeing the buff or not and I would really like to keep that functionality.
By Shichishito 2021-08-17 23:02:04  
i assume you have to create a sets.engaged.DW.AM_three_up set
then try something like this inside the function customize_melee_set(meleeSet) [for some reason he has two of those]:
Code
if buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] then
    if gain then
        equip(sets.engaged.DW.AM_three_up)
    end
end

then combine sets accordingly in his hybrid sets section? i don't use that lua so it's a complete shot in the dark, make a back up of the working lua befor you make changes.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-08-18 15:09:12  
I have tried adding similar things into the lua before but it never seems to take. I think it has something to do with it using Motes
By aisukage 2021-08-18 17:12:50  
Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
I have tried adding similar things into the lua before but it never seems to take. I think it has something to do with it using Motes

I already posted a working AM3 function for you. Go check your other post. Also to add there is nothing wrong with it using Mote's. The only time it's a problem is trying to transfer certain functions from Selindrils lua as he uses his own modified version of the include files.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bien
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Bien
By Carbuncle.Bien 2021-08-23 09:40:06  
What does the most practical Occultation set look like? And how many blink shadows are currently possible?
Obviously, the two questions can have different answers.
First Page 2 3 ... 417 418 419 ... 445 446 447