フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 248 249 250 ... 449 450 451
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 20:08:19  
Or remove the damn day wait. It's no longer the hot-spot for alex cheating, they really should remove that crap. It's going to drive me crazy knowing I'm so close yet so far from Banana when I get there.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-30 20:47:49  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Completely ignoring base damage, raw attack is a bit better than +skill if you're utilizing any percent-based bonuses (food, Berserk, Nature's Meditation, etc).
Do percent bonuses not simply affect the spell's total attack value? That seems rather odd. I would expect the game to calculate spell attack more or less as it would attack for any weapon nowadays, albeit with blue magic skill substituted for weapon skill. That would make skill and attack 1:1 barring skill's contribution to base damage.

They benefit from percent-based bonuses too, just in a more convoluted way than for weapon attack. However, I actually misremembered the order of calculations so blue skill is slightly better if you have physical potency merits, even before considering base damage.
By Takisan 2015-12-30 21:15:30  
Shiva.Nokturnall said: »
You know what sucks? Being on your last Arrapago trial for mythic and dying to a Bhoot's Perdition. 1 day wait - here I come!

Yea that made me mad. If you use ffxi wiki they actually mention ]what that move actually does. But ffxi bg never tells you its death. I guess even after a year after doing that and getting my mythic that hasn't been fixed. smh
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-30 21:33:27  
Just nuke everything down. It's 75 cap content and the lower floors are designed for mostly-naked 75 cap players to boot. Pull everything in sight, blow it up, move on, etc. 2-3 Subductions kills anything on 1f and you can oneshot mobs on the higher floors with ease. Chariot's the only thing that should ever get that much TP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-12-31 00:55:31  
Quick Q: is it possible to learn Mighty Guard from Sempurne in Rhapsodies? Got a friend who missed out on most of the Abyssea era and is only at like 2/9 bosses. I have a mule at the Sempurne fight, so I can enter us as many times as needed if the spell is learnable there.

I suspected it's not learnable in the mission battlefield (same for stuff like Cruel Joke from Rhapsodies mission Balamor fight), but if anyone can confirm otherwise I'd love to know. Somebody in LS says they know someone who said they learned MG in Rhapsodies... but IDK if that's BS or what.
 Asura.Brennski
サーバ: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2015-12-31 03:09:54  
Question about my TP Set:

It is currently this: ItemSet 340800

With Herculean Boots with the Augs of DEX+14, ACC+21, Attack +14, Crit Hit Rate +1%.

Nibiru Blade and Adhemar Gloves are both Path A for ACC.
Taeon Hat has +22 ACC, Triple Attack +1.

I have Taeon Boots with ACC +19, Triple Attack +2, Crit Hit Damage +1.

Would I be better using the Taeon Boots of my Herculean Boots and Brutal over Suppaonmi or keep it as.

I currently have 4 Pops for Paceket so I'm hopefully I'll get Adhemar Jacket soon.
 Sylph.Pabu
user: Pabuchu
By Sylph.Pabu 2015-12-31 04:36:26  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Quick Q: is it possible to learn Mighty Guard from Sempurne in Rhapsodies? Got a friend who missed out on most of the Abyssea era and is only at like 2/9 bosses. I have a mule at the Sempurne fight, so I can enter us as many times as needed if the spell is learnable there.

I suspected it's not learnable in the mission battlefield (same for stuff like Cruel Joke from Rhapsodies mission Balamor fight), but if anyone can confirm otherwise I'd love to know. Somebody in LS says they know someone who said they learned MG in Rhapsodies... but IDK if that's BS or what.

Can confirm, I learned mighty guard from this mission.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-31 05:28:18  
Asura.Brennski said: »
Would I be better using the Taeon Boots of my Herculean Boots and Brutal over Suppaonmi or keep it as.

Are you using DW3? How much magic haste do you have?Because if you are using DW3 then you're not capping delay with just taeon feet or just suppa unless you have samba, in fact you're still not capping delay with both.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2015-12-31 05:38:43  
I'm using the 70 Point 100 JP Gift Spellset from the Guide atm I'm currently on 890 JPs. So I have DW4 in my normal set at the minute.
 Ragnarok.Nep
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Nep 2015-12-31 09:20:56  
Hi! I'm new to BLU and I'm in the process of both farming spells and putting some initial garsets together. Since I don't know much about the job yet (but this thread and guide are both really helpful), I was wondering which of the reforged pieces of AF, Relic or Empyrean are still relevant and worth aiming for? Thanks in advance!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-31 09:44:16  
Ragnarok.Nep said: »
Hi! I'm new to BLU and I'm in the process of both farming spells and putting some initial garsets together. Since I don't know much about the job yet (but this thread and guide are both really helpful), I was wondering which of the reforged pieces of AF, Relic or Empyrean are still relevant and worth aiming for? Thanks in advance!

Most of the Empyrean is still good, granted for situational events. I use all except head and body. Though even body can be useful for casting reduction.

AF has fallen a good bit, though the body is still good if trying to reach 500/550 skill.

Relic Body is a decent TP+Refresh piece and great Fast Cast option especially if not getting Empyrean Body. Relic feet for the diffusion boost for Mighty Guard is almost mandatory, but I don't think it needs 119 to be of max usefulness for this purpose. Relic hands for Azure Lore extension can be helpful. Relic head for reaching 550 is good.

As for order.. it depends on the rest of available gear and what you mostly use BLU for but I'd say:
Relic Feet > Empyrean Feet > Relic Body ~ Empyrean Body > Relic Hands > Empyrean Hands > Empyrean Legs > AF Body > Relic Head
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-12-31 10:12:30  
maha get back to soloing things Eh!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-31 10:15:37  
Yes sir.. ._.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-31 12:14:23  
Ragnarok.Nep said: »
Assimilator:
head - no
body - best in slot for skill, reasonably good for physical spells
hands - only useful for learning spells, take or leave
legs - spell interruption -20% is BIS
feet - good CA piece

Luhlaza:
head - BIS for skill
body - one of the better FC pieces (not BIS), potentially worth using with CA (Enchainment bonus) depending on spell and alternative body options
hands - Azure Lore duration, but the 109 (and augmented 99) give the same bonus so no rush to +2
legs - no
feet - skill+ and Diffusion duration bonus

Hashishin:
head - great CA piece, solid early option for acc+ TP as well
body - BIS for precasting blue magic
hands - BIS for blue magic recast reduction
legs - BIS for skill, one of the better physical spell options, great with Efflux
feet - great BA piece and a decent general nuking option until you get into more recent items

Relic feet should be an early priority, along with the skill+ items (for skill-based buffs and physical spells) and Hashishin body/hands. 109 the relic hands early on as well if you don't have the augmented relic+2, but there's no rush to 119 them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-31 20:16:23  
Mind sharing your paths for Adhemar and your Colada augments? I can plug them in for you to make absolutely sure.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-01-01 05:21:39  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Mind sharing your paths for Adhemar and your Colada augments? I can plug them in for you to make absolutely sure.

Are there updated spreadsheets that have been updated (acc 99%, current WS mods, etc)? I checked BG the other day, but only found the old spreadsheets that have not been updated since 2014. Don't really care about adding gear and such to them since that's easy. Just not sure how to change values for individual stuff such as acc caps and whatnot.
By lhova 2016-01-01 07:36:22  
So max dampening is definitely beast mode for to set. It also seems that it destroys no ahdemar with acc path. I guess the hq ahdemar could beat it if you have other pieces though. But hq is so unlikely.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-01 09:41:10  
Sylph.Ice said: »

Are there updated spreadsheets that have been updated (acc 99%, current WS mods, etc)? I checked BG the other day, but only found the old spreadsheets that have not been updated since 2014. Don't really care about adding gear and such to them since that's easy. Just not sure how to change values for individual stuff such as acc caps and whatnot.

There's literally a spreadsheet in the guide. Luckily, Langly and others are around to fix any problems it may have.

lhova said: »
So max dampening is definitely beast mode for to set. It also seems that it destroys no ahdemar with acc path. I guess the hq ahdemar could beat it if you have other pieces though. But hq is so unlikely.

Under what specifications are you finding Dampening to overtake NQ Adhemar? I've never found it superior to Adhemar outside of accuracy requirements.

intrloper said: »
I dont have the body yet, still using Taeon and Thaumus for time being, but the Path is A for Abj and Colada: D+13 DEX+14 ACC+20 ATT+4

I'm surprised, but I am finding the STP to be ahead of a TA augment. I'd definitely keep that.
By likard 2016-01-01 10:37:52  
Hello all,
I am trying to use gearswap for blue mage and it is proving to be very frustrating. I used the sample lua from https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/BLU.lua

and modified my gear into it. Problem is, I have 2 issues not working.

Fastcast for blue spells does not equip any fast cast gear...just the midcast gear. I have the same issue with geo when i try to have a different set of fastcast gear for geo spells. What causes this to not work and how do I fix it?

Issue 2: diffusion state doesnt ever equip relic feet when diffusion is activated. I am only able to get them to work by putting the relic feet into the midcast for buffs.

Here is my lua.
https://github.com/williamfoley323/Luas/blob/master/bluemage

Any help would be appreciated.
By lhova 2016-01-01 11:15:20  
Sylph.Ice said: »

There's literally a spreadsheet in the guide. Luckily, Langly and others are around to fix any problems it may have.

lhova said: »

Under what specifications are you finding Dampening to overtake NQ Adhemar? I've never found it superior to Adhemar outside of accuracy requirements.

intrloper said: »
I dont have the body yet, still using Taeon and Thaumus for time being, but the Path is A for Abj and Colada: D+13 DEX+14 ACC+20 ATT+4

I'm surprised, but I am finding the STP to be ahead of a TA augment. I'd definitely keep that.

Yes I was referring to when you need Acc, which seems like on everything worth killing with the exception of fodder lol. And honestly even when Acc isn't an issue its hard for me to see ahdemar Acc path beating max dampening.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-01 18:01:52  
Diamondhide's Stoneskin effect caps at 320 HP absorbed. Metallic Body caps at 200. Both correspond to a cap at 500 skill, so there's no point using any skill gear for either spell if you've got a few gifts and/or merits.

Neither spell benefits from Stoneskin enhancement gear. Think that's old news, but decided to double check since it's not mentioned on bgwiki.

If Occultation has a cap, it's higher than I can currently test for.

I'll test Magic Barrier and other things in a bit.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-01-01 18:13:39  
Does anyone know Knights of Rotund's WSC and fTP?
 Asura.Oronyx
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2016-01-02 04:16:01  
Was messing around with a few sets and wondering if anyone can achieve a more efficient 550 Occultation recast skill set than this? The set gives 75 Blue Magic Skill with Cornflower cape blue magic skill +10 (9 works too since you need 74 blue magic skill to get 550 with 2000 jp)

ItemSet 340860
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-02 13:08:04  
Is there any way to mitigate the damage from Noahionto (dullahan tp move) other than vex/attunement or scherzo/earthen armor? I am trying to solo Crom Dubh on blu/run with trusts and no matter how much mdb and mdt I stack, I always take full damage unless I resist and get one-shotted. MDB III trait + Saline Coat + capped MDT don't help at all and Meva III trait + 2x Lux + whatever Meva I have on gear aren't reliable enough for resisting.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-02 13:21:00  
Make sure to Blank Gaze off all of his buffs from Infernal Bulwark. Will do a lot to mitigate the damage. Honestly, I've done him a few times on BLU, but it's just such a colossal pain in comparison to using a mage, which makes him a joke. I'd suggest a couple stunning trusts to HOPEFULLY stun Noahionto, but even then, it comes down way too much to luck for my tastes.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-01-02 16:00:10  
Trying to equip the 70pts +100jp gift.
But even with 71 spell points i cant equip all those spells.

What am I missing for that ?
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-01-03 00:12:35  
What's our longest duration DoT spell and how long does it last for unresisted?
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-03 00:29:32  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Does anyone know Knights of Rotund's WSC and fTP?

Same as knights of round afaik
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Knights_of_Round
First Page 2 3 ... 248 249 250 ... 449 450 451