Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 853 854 855 ... 859 860 861
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-07-27 16:10:12  
Looks like a good DT piece for getting hit and probably a DT TP piece on some jobs. No Haste or SIRD makes it hard to argue for utsu midcast or something.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-07-27 16:23:42  
I use Adamantite on a few spell midcasts that take up a lot of major slots for potency enhancements, like stoneskin or aquaveil(Neither of these have a potency+ body), etc. Or for some SIRD midcasts where the SIRD gear has left me with uncapped DT and not many places to put more in. It brings DT up to a good level even when you've only got a few slots left to work with.

Despite it being defensively strong there's very little I use it for on tank jobs. No Enmity, no SIRD, no Refresh. Lower tier meva... I do have it in a fully physical focused PLD Tank set, and a MDB focused RUN set I use for some Sortie bosses.

I don't really like it much for most mage job idle sets. No refresh, and Empy+3 has often really good meva refresh, and sometimes even DT for mage jobs.

Not very appealing for hybrid sets either, as it has virtually nothing going for it offensively.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-07-27 18:09:31  
Yeah I've used on several midcast sets where I wanted to cap DT. Allowed me to reach the cap with a lower number of slots, granting me more freedom to equip other stuff in the gained slots.
Would be awesome for my Phalanx midcast sets too, if only I didn't need the slot for Phalanx+ body =/
Would use it on some GEO DT sets too if I didn't have Shamash, but I do, so meh.

DT TP piece for some jobs? What are you thinking?
The lack of haste or other additional stats didn't make it look a better option than R25+ Nyame for me. Granted that the additional HP, VIT and Def could make it a nice option on some stuff like Ngai where you want to get as much physical def as possible, supposing you can cap Haste without that.

I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff I can't think of right now where I could use it and it's exactly why I asked for ideas lol xD
 Cerberus.Echohawk
サーバ: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-07-29 23:09:56  
Adventuring fellows are worthless right? Just want to make sure before I chuck my pearls
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-07-29 23:42:27  
They're inferior trusts, so they'll die to anything worth a damn, especially since they aren't ilvl. They made them as the foundation to actual trusts so they aren't worth using nowadays (they have basic stats with like no meva or dt).

I could be misremembering, though, but I recall using my adventuring fellow + a BST jug pet before trusts came out, which was fun to have a little party of 3. I'm sure there's no practical use for a fellow now, but I think you can have an even bigger personal army: 1 pet (depending on the job), 1 fellow*, 5 trusts. I'm also unsure if trusts will buff and heal a fellow or completely ignore them.

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-07-30 00:55:05  
Pretty sure adventurer fellow takes a party slot
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-07-30 04:24:18  
To the trash these pearls go then! Thanks!
 Cerberus.Echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-07-30 04:24:21  
To the trash these pearls go then! Thanks!
By Phex 2024-07-30 04:30:51  
Did Echohawk just echo himself? ^^ (Sry, i had to jump on it ><)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-30 06:07:17  
Phex said: »
Did Echohawk just echo himself? ^^ (Sry, i had to jump on it ><)

YouTube Video Placeholder
By LightningHelix 2024-07-30 07:38:16  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Pretty sure adventurer fellow takes a party slot
They take a party slot, though you can still summon four trusts plus your Fellow. (...plus a SMN/BST/PUP/DRG pet if you want the maximum entourage)

Trusts don't interact with the Fellow at all. No healing, not even from Monberaux. They don't even benefit from Cornelia's haste aura as far as I can tell... but that's sketchy because the windower lua tools to interact with the Adventuring Fellow are nearly nonexistent, since nobody cares, but I tested it as best I could.

They also don't scale like Trusts do post-99, and you can't summon them in Adoulin areas (or some other random areas that mostly don't matter), and... well, long story short, don't bother. I took mine to 90 to do all the limit breaks because I'm insane but there's zero functional reason to use them. Just inferior to Trusts in every way.
[+]
By Drayco 2024-07-30 07:52:39  
Somebody in my LS asked if "Converts X% Dmg to MP" reduces actual damage taken. Nobody could recall ever seeing this tested or answered. My thought was X% would be calculated at the end of all other damage reduction and that amount would be added as MP. I didn't think it would affect dmg received at all. What are your thoughts?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-07-30 08:07:09  
LightningHelix said: »
I took mine to 90
90?
Wasn't the cap 99? And didn't they unlock additional ilevel stats once 99?
I seemed to recall doing that to mine but uuhhh I could be misremembering, I'm not sure anymore lol.

I have very fond memories of my Adventuring Fellow, farmed a GAZILION of special points (that you can use to unlock special looks, level ups etc) and I will never delete the special pearl for that reason, but I haven't been using them ever EVER EEEEEEEVER since they added trust.
They're useless, just a very sweet memory I'm fond of, but nothing more.
[+]
By waffle 2024-07-30 08:20:12  
Adventuring fellows at 99 scale with the avg ilevel of your gear like trusts do, ever since the May 2015 update. Having said that, you still won't take one over trusts due to many other limitations.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-07-30 08:43:41  
Drayco said: »
Somebody in my LS asked if "Converts X% Dmg to MP" reduces actual damage taken. Nobody could recall ever seeing this tested or answered. My thought was X% would be calculated at the end of all other damage reduction and that amount would be added as MP. I didn't think it would affect dmg received at all. What are your thoughts?

It has never reduced damage taken, it just adds the % of the final damage back to your mp. Easy 1000 needles test but no need, it doesn't negate
[+]
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-07-30 15:24:19  
Does Erra Pendant "Absorb Effect +5%" do anything for absorb TP?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-30 15:25:47  
Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
Does Erra Pendant "Absorb Effect +5%" do anything for absorb TP?

No
[+]
By LightningHelix 2024-07-30 20:55:04  
Asura.Sechs said: »
LightningHelix said: »
I took mine to 90
90?
Wasn't the cap 99? And didn't they unlock additional ilevel stats once 99?
I seemed to recall doing that to mine but uuhhh I could be misremembering, I'm not sure anymore lol.
Yeah, the last LB is 90 (it was the LB to get to 95 but then they literally just went screw it, now it makes you get all the way to 99) so no more quests so I stopped caring :P
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-07-31 20:33:29  
When would the next discount campaign be likely to happen again?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-31 20:34:26  
Between 8/10 and 8/17 give or take, aka 2 weeks
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2024-08-07 10:09:35  
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I can't even imagine using slips regularly without porterpacker. PP also doesn't give a ***about slip names.
I am also a religious user of porterpacker.
does anyone have an updated version that incorporates slip 31 for the new Ark Angels gearz?
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-08-07 18:46:23  
interesting...
Back on june 7th (page 848) i had asked about help with getting mog safe quest to trigger. (Even being afk for a while.. its still a sad day to have to do that.)
After some back and fourth with those that responded, and doing everything mentioned and still not getting it to trigger... i gave up for now in worrying about it. It didnt trigger after everything i tried. Not that day, not the next game day, not the next earth day.. etc.

Today, aug 7th, 2 months later... i logged on to cash in log in points before they expired. I talked to Master Moogle and suddenly the quest triggered! I havnt done anything at all in that mules mh since stopping trying to get it to trigger. The only variable that changed was time. So i can only assume the quest not triggering was time related. Maybe changed to be longer again? It didnt trigger after a earth day or two but triggered after 2 months.. so somewhere in that time frame lol
By Seraphpdh 2024-08-08 00:02:30  
Didn't mog safe quests trigger on weekly conquest tally?

Edit: after checking, apparently it was changed in an update to have a very short trigger duration. So, I have no idea.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-08-08 00:44:54  
Seraphpdh said: »
Didn't mog safe quests trigger on weekly conquest tally?
Sadly, iv been gone so much longer then i planned on that im forgetting basic details like that. But that might be true. Hell, that mule is probably 15 years old'

Seraphpdh said: »
Edit: after checking, apparently it was changed in an update to have a very short trigger duration. So, I have no idea.
Thats what i read to. But it never triggered. After a couple days i stopped bothering and figured id look into it again some time later. So while cashing in log in point today, it was the first time i talked to moogle since trying to get it to trigger. So it very well could have been the weekly tally that triggered it, somehow. - Only thing i can say for sure was it didnt trigger after a couple days but triggered somewhere between that and 2 months later.

I should have some other mules that need that quest as well, i can check on them.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-08-08 22:04:10  
Ive been using /targetnpc to have my alts target the teleports on Odyssey and Sortie then manually interacting with each character. Is there a better way to go about this? If I could send a brief script to the 4 characters, I feel like I'd save some good time. Even if I had to do a new script/ macro for each specific movement that'd be fine.
By K123 2024-08-09 02:40:30  
Packets
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-08-09 15:07:58  
Is there a table somewhere showing timings to keep Master Chains up?
The timings quite clearly are less lax than the ones for Experience Chains, but I couldn't find a table showing how much time you have to kill until the chain expires.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-09 15:17:20  
Its ~30 seconds, though I'm not sure what # it floors at:
11:06:18Records of Eminence: Vanquish Multiple Enemies (Chain 25)
11:06:48Records of Eminence: Vanquish Multiple Enemies (Reset)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-08-09 15:25:41  
I'm sure the timing start from something larger (like 60secs?) and then goes down bit by bit as the chain raises, until it reaches a cap (30 seconds maybe?)
This happens somewhere close to Master Chain #39? I guess.
And from then onwards it probably stays like that.

That sounds very small. If you reach the 30 seconds kill thing, you will run out of mobs because of repops in the majority of camps =/
First Page 2 3 ... 853 854 855 ... 859 860 861