Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 847 848 849 850 851
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-29 15:56:08  
Phex said: »
Just did a double-segment run and two-time exactly 1k bonus segments at vortex with different bonus-gil. SE really sneaked a cap in right befor new campaign? O.o

No. There are various things that could cause you to have the same segments but different gil, including popping more/fewer NMs, more/fewer chests, coffers, or aurums, or killing more agon halo mobs. The two are not directly tied to each other.

There's no cap to either of these things.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-29 16:12:01  
Is there a Red Mage Trust that Dia IIIs right off the bat, doesn't blow all its MP on either debuffs I don't need or Firaga IV, and also heals occasionally?

Or a substitute that inflicts Dia III in some way?

I know Gadalar has a WS that inflicts it, but that requires him to get TP...

I love King of Hearts but he spams Firaga IV if I do Light SCs, which are still the dominant SC pattern for Great Axe, even though 3 or 4 step Darkness aren't all that far behind. Just easier on Locus Ghost Crabs to go through Full Break > Upheaval > Ukko's etc.

So I use Koru-Moru and he's OK, but his script is obsessed with applying other debuffs, and buffing literally every party member, but he never gets into convert range, but he does get into, "Makes Ulmia do Ballad" range, and I get upsetti spaghetti about it cause it's also, "Makes Qultada do Evoker's Roll" range.

And on another note, are there any Trusts that apply Bio?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-29 16:14:59  
Nope, trust suck. Best Dia caster is KoH, Koru gets around to it.

AATT "has" Bio, but I don't use it so I don't know the priority.
Sleepga II > Bio II > Poison II possibly

Youre always going to have to give up something with trust. Forced ballad, forced paeon, forced indi-precision, forced aoes, forced flurry, forced cancelling haste 1 for haste 2

It's always a losing proposition.

Cornelia fixes the bard and half the rdm problems and cant be damaged so never triggers heals thats why she *** amazing.
[+]
By jubes 2024-05-29 16:18:31  
Not at all related, but made me wonder how Valaineral and AATT would get along between Uriel Blade and Sleepga 2. hmm
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-29 16:37:04  
The sleepga won't pull enmity, so itll go exactly like you think.

Glory > sleepga > normal operation.

Unless you go pull an unaggro'd mob into the pile to start the cycle again.

(what's REALLY fun, is you purple yourself with a 2 box and valaineral will nonstop gloryslash)
By Nariont 2024-05-29 17:14:19  
Asura.Vyre said: »
I love King of Hearts but he spams Firaga IV if I do Light SCs, which are still the dominant SC pattern for Great Axe, even though 3 or 4 step Darkness aren't all that far behind. Just easier on Locus Ghost Crabs to go through Full Break > Upheaval > Ukko's etc.

When i was cping drk armor > sc > upheav > sc worked well enough for a darkness sc with ambu gaxe
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-29 20:16:49  
Nariont said: »

When i was cping drk armor > sc > upheav > sc worked well enough for a darkness sc with ambu gaxe
For Locus Ghost Crabs, Full Break is better to use, because even though its Defense Down is lower than Armor Break's, it's a higher tier debuff, so it causes every time they use Shell Guard, Shell Guard does nothing. Armor Break gets overwritten.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-05-29 21:00:28  
Yeah, fair point there, hm.

Could open with FB, wait for scwindow to close(sucks)

Upheav > sc > upheav > sc for darkness. Only route i see to dodge light sc
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2024-05-31 19:40:28  
I think it's an old bug, but is anyone else experiencing sound still output after Config -> Gameplay -> Sound Effects Volume and Music Volume turned all the way down? I can occasionally here tidbits of sound from the game from spells, BGM even after turning the volume down.
By LightningHelix 2024-06-01 10:04:56  
Monstrosity question: I have Mandragora level 60, I have a bunch of Pachypodium Spirits in my inventory left over from the last time we had that campaign - now how do I unlock the damn thing? I tried talking to all four of the skulls in the Monstrosity lobby multiple times while on Mandragora, and trading each of them the Spirits just in case it really wasn't Suibhne that takes them but one of the others. No joy. Do I need to be 61? Do I need to zone more than once in and out? Some other flag?

edit: oh my god the species name for Pygmy Mandragora displays as "Mandragora" and it doesn't tell you you're not actually one lmao at me, leaving this intact just in case anyone else runs into this in another decade
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-05 21:13:40  
Do weaponskills with additional effects(debuffs) carry the current TP value into the effect when used with high TP and Sekkanoki like Aftermaths do?
 Odin.Boogs
サーバ: Odin
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-06-07 05:18:50  
My knowledge of the official forums is very limited. Where do I find the April fool’s “update” notes?..
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-06-07 05:44:16  
Do weaponskills with additional effects(debuffs) carry the current TP value into the effect when used with high TP and Sekkanoki like Aftermaths do?
Hmm? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your phrasing here, but.. If you WS with sekkanoki up, you only get the Aftermath for the 1k TP that was actually consumed.

WS add effects should be much the same. You're only getting the effects of the TP you actually used. Although... I think SAM main has something that can add effective TP bonus to Sekkanoki WS? Even then, that shouldn't affect Aftermath.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-06-07 07:08:23  

I think you mean if the tp bonus from sekkanoki affects additional effect weaponskills? If so, then tp bonus works for add effects WS in the same way it works for dmg varies with TP - you get a bonus for the effective TP (actual TP + tp bonus) not just the TP consumed.

So for sekkanoki with empy hands you can do sekkanoki -> ageha at 3k TP, consume 1k, but get the full 3k TP defense down effect duration.

Aftermaths are only calculated based on TP consumed.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-07 08:32:03  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Hmm? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your phrasing here, but.. If you WS with sekkanoki up, you only get the Aftermath for the 1k TP that was actually consumed.

WS add effects should be much the same. You're only getting the effects of the TP you actually used. Although... I think SAM main has something that can add effective TP bonus to Sekkanoki WS? Even then, that shouldn't affect Aftermath.
Hmm, I must be hallucinating, but for Ragnarok's Aftermath, if I execute Scourge at 3000 TP with Sekkanoki active, it consumes 1000 TP, gives me 3000TP aftermath duration, and almost always whiffs the hit.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-06-07 08:54:16  
That's definitely not the case, I do sekkanoki at 3k tp all the time without AM up and only ever get AM1 afterwards.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-06-07 11:31:28  

Hmm, I must be hallucinating, but for Ragnarok's Aftermath, if I execute Scourge at 3000 TP with Sekkanoki active, it consumes 1000 TP, gives me 3000TP aftermath duration, and almost always whiffs the hit.
For Relic AM specifically, this isn't something I've actually tested, because, well.. who cares about relic AM? And since Relic AM doesn't have levels, it would only be a matter of duration.

Well, since I do actually have a relic wep(made Excal for Mboze) I can test as well. I'll give it a quick test and report back.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-06-07 11:46:09  
So, yeah. I did a 3k TP Sekkanoki Knights of Round, and got 180 duration on Relic AM. That's 3k TP duration. So, For RELIC Aftermath only you do get full benefit of even the unused TP even during Sekkanoki. And that's without SAM empy hands.

So, basically, the one time it didn't freaking matter... SE cut us some slack with AM and TP use. Cause this sure as hell doesn't work this way on Mythic, Empyrean, Aeonic, and Prime aftermaths.

Messing around with some other stuff. So I'm sure we're all aware that relic AM self overwrites... but did you know that it can overwrite to a lower duration? I put up a 3kTP AM for 3 min duration, then did a 1k, and it dropped the duration down to 1 min. -_-; This is dumb.

EDIT: As a bit of a sanity check, I repeated this test for Mythic, Empyrean, Aeonic, and Prime aftermaths. Results were as expected. You only get the AM for the TP consumed. Got AM1 for Sekkanoki up 3k TP WS for the other 4 AM types. So relic is a really strange outlier on this front. It's not everyday you learn something new about something as old as Relic AM... <,< So, good observation on Vyre's part.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-06-07 12:10:27  
So, For RELIC Aftermath only you do get full benefit of even the unused TP even during Sekkanoki

Well that is super super weird, and also why I never noticed since have never used sekkanoki with a relic weapon.

Thanks for testing.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-07 13:01:46  
So, yeah. I did a 3k TP Sekkanoki Knights of Round, and got 180 duration on Relic AM. That's 3k TP duration. So, For RELIC Aftermath only you do get full benefit of even the unused TP even during Sekkanoki. And that's without SAM empy hands.

So, basically, the one time it didn't freaking matter... SE cut us some slack with AM and TP use. Cause this sure as hell doesn't work this way on Mythic, Empyrean, Aeonic, and Prime aftermaths.

Messing around with some other stuff. So I'm sure we're all aware that relic AM self overwrites... but did you know that it can overwrite to a lower duration? I put up a 3kTP AM for 3 min duration, then did a 1k, and it dropped the duration down to 1 min. -_-; This is dumb.

EDIT: As a bit of a sanity check, I repeated this test for Mythic, Empyrean, Aeonic, and Prime aftermaths. Results were as expected. You only get the AM for the TP consumed. Got AM1 for Sekkanoki up 3k TP WS for the other 4 AM types. So relic is a really strange outlier on this front. It's not everyday you learn something new about something as old as Relic AM... <,< So, good observation on Vyre's part.

Yeehaw, I found information just as useful as all of Limit Breakers stuff for Dark Souls!

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-07 15:25:05  
Only reason I can think of for that Relic AM anomaly is that Relic AM doesn't vary in effect or potency, only duration. Mythic/Empyrean/Prime is effectively 3 separate buffs being applied at various TP values at various potencies, so there's probably some weird priority system in place. 3k not overwriting 3k is still weird if it were just a regular buff priority hierarchy hence "weird", but whatever. It works in our favor not being able to overwrite aftermath most of the time so I'm not complaining too much. Just wish we could reapply 3k over itself.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-07 17:38:08  
i cant believe i have to ask this... but apparently im missing something.
Sadly, iv been away form the game for to damn long. But the accounts been active the whole time. Id come in for log in point and what not. Intending to return.

But last night i went to try and do a mog safe expansion quest on one of my mules. I completed the first quest to get the safe to 60. Months.. years.. ago. I dunno. Long time ago. Now im trying to do the second quest; The Moogle's Picnic! to get it up to 70. But i cant get the quest to start.
Hes a sandorian citizen with max fame there. Already completed the first quest. Its not already started. I added the mahogany bed to the safe and placed it in the mh. But the quest wont start. It wouldnt start last night. Wont start today. Im not sure why its not triggering. What am i missing?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-07 17:46:27  
You need fame in Selbina/Mhaura for this one, not San d'Oria.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-07 17:58:08  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
You need fame in Selbina/Mhaura for this one, not San d'Oria.
wiki and bg both say fame is in your home city for this one?

isnt selbina linked to sandy and mahura fame links to windy anyway?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-07 18:07:27  
No, bg says "other" fame which is mhaura/selbina. Afaik raising fame in Sandoria doesnt raise fame in Selbina, but raising fame in Selbina does raise fame in Sandoria. The exceptions to that were Kazham and Norg
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-07 18:38:42  
either way, sandoria fame was risen with the selbina million corn quest. So im guessing that enough of them to max sandy fame should be enough for this.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-07 18:41:09  
I don't believe much (any) fame is required anymore, think you might just have the wrong bed or didn't zone out after completing the previous quest. Zoning out/in should be required.

They lowered all the fame requirements a long time ago

Also possible other furniture and/or qeuests can block the quest, but I'd zone first then empty the moghouse, then see active quests/missions for blocks.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-07 18:43:43  
Fame is definitely required, I had a mule who had 70 safe space for a WHILE with all 3 beds in there not getting the quest
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-07 18:46:55  
Maxed anyway so not the issue

oldwiki has 3/5/7 home nation
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-07 19:48:18  
capped sandy fame from selbina millicorn back in the day.
completed first mog safe quest
have the mahogany bed
tried removing furnishings, do difference.
Only quest, at all, active is the first abbysea one from zoning into port jeuno.
zoned many many times.
First Page 2 3 ... 847 848 849 850 851