Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 726 727 728 ... 831 832 833
By phunky 2021-12-30 15:01:08  
For the body you can use Savas Jawshan from Puppet in peril htb. Pairs nicely with Byakko Masque for lockstyle. Couldn't find any other lookalikes for the rest of the set though.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-12-30 15:14:01  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Are there any easily-obtainable armor lookalikes to the Sipahi set? I'm interested in using it for lockstyle if I can, but the classic set is dependent on crafting, and there's straight none on the Auction House because the stats are pretty 'meh'.
There's the Puppet in Peril merit fight body. like pointed out by:
phunky said: »
For the body you can use Savas Jawshan from Puppet in peril htb.

The Hexed/Vexed abjuration Khepri/Adhemar cursed sets use the same icons for the set; though I am not 100% sure if they use the model. I think they do? But it's been a long time since anyone bothered to equip the cursed items.
Still AH, but a more likely to exist.

There's also that new set of lv1 gear from TVR, it's similar; though radically different in color scheme.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-30 16:26:34  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Are there any easily-obtainable armor lookalikes to the Sipahi set? I'm interested in using it for lockstyle if I can, but the classic set is dependent on crafting, and there's straight none on the Auction House because the stats are pretty 'meh'.
Try shouting for a crafter then?
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-12-31 18:25:03  
So I don't really know how to explain this but has anyone noticed something weird in Trove, this is the only way i know how to explain it.

I go for left to right from first chest, if i open the chests quick enough I can sometimes get a chest that "doesn't open" when this chest happens, it is 100% the mimic. I have "tested" this a few times, and I know just how rediculous this sounds, but is 100% a thing and has happened to me multiple times now.

Anyone else experienced this/know how to replicate it lol?
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2021-12-31 18:40:14  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
So I don't really know how to explain this but has anyone noticed something weird in Trove, this is the only way i know how to explain it.

I go for left to right from first chest, if i open the chests quick enough I can sometimes get a chest that "doesn't open" when this chest happens, it is 100% the mimic. I have "tested" this a few times, and I know just how rediculous this sounds, but is 100% a thing and has happened to me multiple times now.

Anyone else experienced this/know how to replicate it lol?

I have had chests not load before, but this is the first I have heard this.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-31 18:44:53  
FaeQueenCory said: »
There's also that new set of lv1 gear from TVR, it's similar; though radically different in color scheme.

I also thought of the Voracious Resurgence lv1 lockstyle set (Ziamet) as something with a vaguely similar theme - though Ziamet is closer to the Jaridah/Akinji set models.

For Sipahi... is that a significantly recolored version (with some different textures) of the Amir set from Assault points? Looks really similar, at least. FWIW, I also kinda dig the Pahluwan set from Asssault.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-31 18:46:06  
phunky said: »
For the body you can use Savas Jawshan from Puppet in peril htb. Pairs nicely with Byakko Masque for lockstyle. Couldn't find any other lookalikes for the rest of the set though.

The Jawshan is an easy farm for body
The legs have an alternative from The Ashu Talif fight called Barbarossa's Zerehs. It's a quest/bcnm fight. These legs used to be really good and it was a challenging fight at the time, but its easy now.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Barb._Zerehs

For the Head, Hands, and Feet, you have to farm various NMs around the Aht Urghan region.

Lamia No. 8 in Arrapago Reef for Mercenary's Turban

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Mrc._Turban

Kirlirger the Abhorrent in Halvung for Mercenary's Boots.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Mercenary%27s_Boots

Medusa in Arrapago Reef for Mercenary's Dastanas

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Mrc._Dastanas

Just as a general tip when looking for specific alternatives for gear models, you can let BG wiki do the work for you. Go to a page that has an icon of the item you want to see models of. Click on the icon on the top blue bar above the image for the name. Then scroll to the bottom of the File History page under File usage and see other items in the game that share the same model.

[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-12-31 22:28:51  
Anyone ever enter Up In Arms (or any BCNM) while 2-boxing and see one of your character's timer set to 12 hours and 5 minutes?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-01 17:19:41  
I just saw someone answer a question in AE and realized I don't think anyone has ever actually taken the time to verify.

Anyone want to go ahead and call each THF trust, do a VW and actually verify TH levels. That'd be neat.

I constantly see people say Lion I/II has TH1 etc, it doesn't make sense TH2 is a basic trait.

"Abenzio's job appears to be THF/WAR but does not appear to have Treasure Hunter"
Aldo Normal no info, but Aldo (UC) has (unknown) TH value
Lion I
Lion II
Maximillian
Nanaa
Jakoh (UC)
Naja
AAMR
Chacharoon
Lehko

Easy task no one ever bothered to do (I would now that I think about it but I don't have any characters that have any of them anymore)

((and of course, actually put the information on the wiki))
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-01-01 19:31:58  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Anyone ever enter Up In Arms (or any BCNM) while 2-boxing and see one of your character's timer set to 12 hours and 5 minutes?

It's not a multi-box issue. The battle timer display is just borked sometimes and shows the incorrect time sometimes. Was helping a newbie with a bcnm 40 yesterday and battle timer started at 1:30... Happened multiple times in Shinryu HTB when it first came out.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just saw someone answer a question in /AE and realized I don't think anyone has ever actually taken the time to verify.

Anyone want to go ahead and call each THF trust, do a VW and actually verify TH levels. That'd be neat.

I constantly see people say Lion I/II has TH1 etc, it doesn't make sense TH2 is a basic trait.

Easy task no one ever bothered to do (I would now that I think about it but I don't have any characters that have any of them anymore)

((and of course, actually put the information on the wiki))

I'll check this tomorrow if someone else who is bored hasn't yet.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-01 19:43:26  
It's been done before, multiple times. Here's one example of someone reporting it 6 years ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/4jt9x8/trusts_with_treasure_hunter_1/
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-01 20:00:30  
To be fair, nothing on reddit is accurate (or of any value) and there's conflicting answers.

But it does exist, someone has done it before apparently.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-01 20:02:49  
That was just one test (the easiest for google to find). People at Blue Gartr also tested it back in the day, though I'm not assed to search through it when just testing it again would be less annoying.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-01-01 20:07:04  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
It's not a multi-box issue. The battle timer display is just borked sometimes and shows the incorrect time sometimes. Was helping a newbie with a bcnm 40 yesterday and battle timer started at 1:30... Happened multiple times in Shinryu HTB when it first came out.

Ok. First time I've ever seen it, thought I'd ask. If a Kraken wasn't potentially on the line, I was going to wait the 15 minute timer out to see what would happen.
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2022-01-04 13:25:42  
I've debated posting this question for a while, so please forgive me if it appears elsewhere - I have tried to dig in a bit..

I am currently sitting on 40 bajillion types of seals from my hour-a-day time limit playstyle that my wife life allows... Can anyone give a general recommendation on how these might best be used to make money?

I hate even asking the question as it sounds like a "how can get rich in FFXI in 2022" post but I hate to waste them, but equally hate to see them keep tallying up...

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-04 13:32:00  
The only one "really" "worthwhile" is up in arms. Trade all those other ***seals in for OG beastmens and spam that one.

It's "worth" it because the 400m (that you'll never actually get) but every other bc has no value.

Or, save them all for the next "seals campaign" (next week) when they have some actual value and not a .000001% drop rate
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Adventurer_Campaigns#Additional_Seal_Battlefield_Spoils_Campaign
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-04 13:33:48  
beastman seals: 60 BCNM get a kraken club...
sacred kindred crests: 20 Macrocosmic fights.. Rem's Tale 1-5 (during campaigns is decent money)
Others: ??? Convert into either beastman or skc?
By Chimerawizard 2022-01-04 13:43:43  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
sacred kindred crests: 20 Macrocosmic fights.. Rem's Tale 1-5 (during campaigns is decent money)
can do some kc's for kupon i-seals as well if you're missing some empy gear to reforge. SE just talked about empy reforge getting an increase and with the campaign starting soon, not a bad idea to catch up.

owait, make money... nvm.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-04 14:13:51  
Chimerawizard said: »
can do some kc's for kupon i-seals as well if you're missing some empy gear to reforge. SE just talked about empy reforge getting an increase and with the campaign starting soon, not a bad idea to catch up.

I'm actually thinking about spamming Bia orbs this campaign for Ninurta Sash... but yeah, you're right.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 14:44:45  
There's a couple of other items that sell for a good bit if you care to do just fine minutes of research. Depending on supply.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-01-04 17:22:25  
Chimerawizard said: »

I'm actually thinking about spamming Bia orbs this campaign for Ninurta Sash... but yeah, you're right.

Why don’t you just farm AV? It’s a common drop.
[+]
By Tathamet 2022-01-04 17:35:29  
Doesn't AV take forever to farm from scratch? Clearing all of sea doesn't sound fun, especially those ix'aerns.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-04 18:26:08  
Tathamet said: »
Doesn't AV take forever to farm from scratch? Clearing all of sea doesn't sound fun, especially those ix'aerns.

This... I can stomach wasting some Kindred Crests for a chance to get the stupid Kupon... I've never been willing to farm actual AV... I'd rather do Chloris... lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-04 18:56:13  
You would be very wrong in thinking it wouldn't take long.

Unless you cheat, or you consider mutliple hours "not long". That damned Zdei is miserable. The Ix's are miserable.

It could take one guy (without 5 characters) literally an entire day running from Zdei pop to Zdei pop to get temporance.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-04 19:13:48  
They come from SP keys, but so does the belt itself. Maybe NNI campaign?

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Terravcota
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Terravcota 2022-01-04 21:31:11  
Deeds and Virtues have previously been available during login campaigns though I think it's been a while since they've been available.
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
サーバ: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-01-05 08:45:40  
Has there been an update to Zaldon for trade items since the Fishing update in November?

For Cave Cherax I'm getting constant 2 out of 3 (or 5 of 8) Dwarf Pugil's. Before it was 1 out of 2. I've traded in 10's of thousands of these before the recent update, and even then in the thousands since the update.
First Page 2 3 ... 726 727 728 ... 831 832 833