Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 724 725 726 ... 834 835 836
By RadialArcana 2021-12-13 19:33:15  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
So what did they end up saying that this thing in the sky was again? It's been a hot minute since I did a full WotG run and am forgetting. Put it in spoilers if people still have not played through, I guess... as if anything is a spoiler, it's asking about a relevant thing to a main mission line plot.

It's not Lavos. I know that much.

It's supposed to show the coming apocalypse, it's Atomos.

..or to put it another way, it's Walk of Echoes/Odyssey zone you warp into. If you're inside you can see the sky outside.

Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-16 09:16:59  
Are there any Walk of Echoes weapon skills not worth getting? I've begun unlocking a few for the jobs I play (specifically CDC and Rudra's so far), but I'm trying to figure out a priority for unlocking the rest.

I'll definitely be sure to have them all in the long-term, because I like to be prepared. Just getting a feel for the order in which I unlock them.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-16 10:08:44  
Some are more useless than others but if you play the job you can find a use for any/all as sc components. Except dagan really not a ton of use for that one.

You've got to decide how much you care about em.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-16 10:27:35  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Some are more useless than others but if you play the job you can find a use for any/all as sc components. Except dagan really not a ton of use for that one.

That's why I'm saying I plan on getting them all. The only jobs I care to play at Lv.99 so far are Blue Mage and Thief, both of which I've got every weapon skill for. I'm slowly accumulating the residue, dice, and coins required for other skills, but it's not a big rush for me because I don't need them right away.

If any are more or less useful with respect to other skills for a particular weapon, knowing so would just help me prioritize. I'm basically just trying to make an ordered list.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-12-16 13:11:22  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

That's why I'm saying I plan on getting them all. The only jobs I care to play at Lv.99 so far are Blue Mage and Thief, both of which I've got every weapon skill for. I'm slowly accumulating the residue, dice, and coins required for other skills, but it's not a big rush for me because I don't need them right away.

If any are more or less useful with respect to other skills for a particular weapon, knowing so would just help me prioritize. I'm basically just trying to make an ordered list.

Well, if you're determined to unlock all of the weapon skills, do it. There is a use for virtually all of them, even in niche situations. Unlocking each only costs you time and/or gil depending on how quickly you want to go about it.

If I had to rank "less used" Staff & Club will likely see the least use followed by Scythe, and possibly Axe & Bow.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-12-16 14:25:57  
Is Nirvana still worth it? Gonna make another mythic and I am leaning towards that. I finished r15 terp for my DNC, so time to work on something else :)

Thanks for the halps!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-16 14:38:18  
It still has a value and people will still want you to have it

Would your time and money be better spent on a different one, yes.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-12-16 17:58:10  
You can clear just about anything smn is used for without Nirvana, but you get let into those groups because they think you need a Nirvana for content that's been slightly powercrept by new gear releases even before you consider that Mastery levels are making people's avatar higher level without one than pets with Nirvana used to be. You're paying for the prestige more than the actual difference the weapon makes. Don't get me wrong. It's still best in slot. it's just that anyone demanding it is doing the smn equivalent of people demanding I have an r15 weapon for omen card farming.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2021-12-16 21:07:23  
think people demand it is bc you're more likely to be geared above average if you have a nirvana, than if you dont. obviously that's not always the case but yea. But is definitely is bis for AFAC
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2021-12-16 21:13:18  

Is this a new thing, Gin's scale dropped off normal mob on the smaller light path. Was on WAR/SAM with TH0.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-16 21:15:53  
Omen mobs drop scales now, yeah
By Masunasu 2021-12-16 21:16:51  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Is this a new thing, Gin's scale dropped off normal mob on the smaller light path. Was on WAR/SAM with TH0.

Yes, Omen trash can now drop any of the boss scales as a means to allow people to access +3 AF without needing a group capable of killing the boss. Similarly in Dynamis-D, instead of killing the Statue Boss to unlock Relic +3 you can instead kill 100 trash mobs in that zone on the job you wish to unlock it with.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2021-12-16 21:24:59  
Thanks, just found it in the update notes at the very end, added way after the update itself.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58770-November-10-2021-%28JST%29-Version-Update
Quote:
The following items were added to loot tables for certain monsters in Omen.
Fu’s Scale / Kei’s Scale / Kyo’s Scale / Gin’s Scale / Kin’s Scale
* This entry was added on November 16
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-17 09:44:05  
What is the "safe" way of transferring large amount of gil between alts.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-17 09:47:31  
Well number one, doing it on the AH is "clean" but leaves a record. Personally, I believe that to be the dumbest possible way. But that's just opinion. Any rando sees you bought a log for 900m and it LOOKS sus. They report it and there's a non zero chance they look into it.

I just trade. It's never been an issue.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-17 09:51:41  
That's good to hear. I wasn't too worried about leaving a "paper trail" with AH history as it had worked in the past during those times when I'd sell Mars Orb loot/entry with no issues. Thank you very much for your insight.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-12-17 10:04:01  
It really depends how much and if it's a pattern. I'd be inclined to agree with Eiryl that you likely don't have enough gil to really think about it and should just trade.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-17 15:35:19  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Are there any Walk of Echoes weapon skills not worth getting? I've begun unlocking a few for the jobs I play (specifically CDC and Rudra's so far), but I'm trying to figure out a priority for unlocking the rest.

I'll definitely be sure to have them all in the long-term, because I like to be prepared. Just getting a feel for the order in which I unlock them.

I'm sure people could argue about this for days, but IMO a rough "tier" list of the important ones would probably be something like the below. Note that this list is focused on using the below WS with a weapon other than the related Empyrean, since if you had the Empy you'd have already unlocked the WS by making the weapon.

S tier (absolute must have if you play the job, a staple WS regardless of weapon choice)
- Rudra's Storm
- Tachi: Fudo
- Victory Smite: a bit less important if using Godhands, but still really good and important for SCs; not as major for PUP as it is for MNK (I'd bump it down to "A" or maybe even "B" tier for PUP only)

A tier (very good, commonly used WS, but might not be used as much for all weapons)
- Torcleaver: Great Sword DPS staple and probably bump this up to a must have if you're a GS-using DRK, though arguably a bit less important if you lack a strong GS and instead focus on Scythe (or other useful DRK weapons like Ambu sword or GA)
- Myrkr: huge utility for BLM in particular, since you'll gain a good bit of TP while nuking from Occult Acumen and can turn it into free MP with Myrkr; a bit less important for SCH (Sublimation, prob swaps weapons more than BLM, doesn't generate much TP) or SMN (generates very little TP to take advantage of it, if not using a Nirvana you're likely swapping weapons a good bit and losing TP)

B tier (solid, but situational WS)
- Wildfire
- CdC
- Quietus

C tier (niche uses, some SC application, not usually your main options though)
- Camlann's Torment
- Blade: Hi
- Cloudsplitter
- Ukko's Fury
- Jishnu's Radiance: a solid Archery WS, but arguably could be placed lower due to Archery being in a really bad place as compared to Marksmanship (and if you have Gandiva to really take advantage of it, you have the WS anyway from that)

D tier
- Dagan
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-12-17 16:03:02  
There’s no reason not to put Torcleaver as S class as it’s a staple WS for GS DRK. If you don’t have it for DRK you sure as ***aren’t gonna be using a GS. If VS is that high, Torc should be as well IMO.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-17 16:12:37  
Like Capuchin said, it's something that could probably be argued. But I'm sure the list is close enough to accurate overall, and that's all I needed. Like I said before, I plan on getting them all, I'm just trying to prioritize.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-17 16:18:45  
I see your logic, but as I said, rough list and I assume a lot of people could come up with arguments to move many of these WS up/down 1 tier.

MNK only uses H2H outside of highly niche scenarios, and V.Smite is clearly THE light SC option, generally best Impetus WS option, best damage option for many weapons/scenarios. I originally put it in my A tier, but had a hard time justifying not just putting it at the top since any MNK setup will make pretty frequent use of it (though if I was ranking everything in order, Rudra and Fudo would take my top 2 spots, and Smite and Torcleaver probably the next 2)

DRK you could realistically play at a pretty high level without even using GS, in which case Torcleaver is less important. But I did mention that for GS use, it's pretty much a must have.

My personal situation is a good example of when Torcleaver might not be used that much - I have a R15 Apoc and no other DRK RMEA yet (Caladbolg 2022, baby!), so I tend to use Scythe (or Naegling, or club in Odyssey, or Ambu GA...). A DRK with Mythic or Su5 and no Caladbolg would be in a similar boat. That being said, Torcleaver is still my go-to if using a GS - say, Montante+1 or Odin high tier GS - and if you're really maxing out your DRK you'd want it. I just wouldn't say it's as absolutely vital as like... Tachi: Fudo is for ANY Samurai. Obviously still a very good WS though.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-12-17 16:32:17  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
D tier
- Dagan
More like Cries-in-GEO tier...

Though in more seriousness, I would bump CdC up to A for basically the reverse of where Victory Smite lands.

Though I recognize the effect of how it's All Savage Blade All The Time these days when it comes to swords.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-12-17 22:00:50  
In order to pop Bumba at v15 do I need to:

Have killed t1, t2, t3 NMs up to v15 or have killed t3 NMs up to v15?

Can I skip thresholds, like if someone else spawns Kalunga at v15, where I can only spawn it at v0, does that count toward unlocking v15 Bumba? Or do I have to do v5 and v10 first.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-17 22:12:03  
You have to have every single other V15 clear to pop V15 Bumba.

You can skip lower levels.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-19 11:53:25  
I have an entire section devoted to my lockstyle sets. If I pay for Mog Wardrobe 3/4 and stick it all there, can it be used to lockstyle sets for appearance only if I let the Wardrobes lapse?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-19 13:02:39  
You have absolutely no access to Wardrobe gear if you let it lapse. It just de-equips whatever you had on at the time of the lapse and you can only view whatever's in there.
[+]
By mhomho 2021-12-19 15:21:29  
Why do people put PDT on their capes instead of DT? DT gives you bonus protection from breath attacks that neither PDT nor MDT cover. Generally, as a non-tank party member you shouldn't have aggro. If the majority of physical damage is from the monster attacking you with basic attacks and you aren't on the receiving end of them, then the PDT stat is wasted. The only damage you would be taking would then be from AoE's from the monster you engage. I would think mob choice and move pool would impact cape selection. I think DT would cover more bases and the extra 5 PDT seems unnecessary (especially on jobs that have access to Malignance gear or jobs that have access to Sakpata).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-19 15:25:06  
Generally MDT is covered and very few things do BDT and AoE physical is the biggest threat.

If a person is only going to have one cape and they aren't multiple for every situation PDT is the most useful. You by default get 30MDT with shell but you're at 0 PDT.

(plus of course, tanks are generally bad and enmity resets do exist)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 724 725 726 ... 834 835 836