Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 698 699 700 ... 834 835 836
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-21 17:33:21  
Extremely random question alert!!
Is there any flavor description as to how a Scholar's Helix spells work? Like if I cast a spell of Cryohelix, what is that doing to the enemy beyond the practical effect?

Fire immolates the enemy, Stone sends rocks flying upwards at the enemy, Flash is blinding the enemy with a bright light originating from right in front of its eyes. But is there any in-universe explanation to what a Helix spell is doing to harm the target?
By Draylo 2021-03-21 17:42:26  
RadialArcana said: »
Are you going afk in busy areas or in your mog house, if it's in your mog house that could be why.

It's possible your network card or whatever is going into power saving mode or something and FFXI doesn't like it.

To test, try putting a youtube video on mute in the background while you go afk to make sure it stays active.

Just an idea.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Draylo said: »
Keeping r0ing anytime I afk.. or overnight. I reset my internet twice already, any ideas why? Only happens to XI, nothing else internet related affected

happens to me sometimes, pretty sure it's just server issues and there is nothing you can do about it (might even be intentional to reduce load on asura; throw an organic looking disconnect at people who are clearly idle)

you could try running a ping to ffxi servers overnight to see if you are still able to reach ffxi servers at the time you d/ced (leave logger or something on to see when your game d/ced and compare to ping log)

Well my PC and laptop are on the same internet but with a few chars, they both R0, some of the errors msgs were 4001 others had 20 something. Seems to happen mostly when I'm afk and my chars are idle overnight, but yesterday it did it after I finished an Omen run and walked away.

I did a search on google and someone suggested going to POL before you log in, click "Network settings" and change "Connection check" from Disable(Recommended) to Enable. I did that on my PC but not my laptop, I came home from work and saw my chars on my PC were online and fine and my laptop were all disconnected with the usual 4001 msg. So apparently that works for now, not sure what that does?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-03-23 05:06:55  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Is there any flavor description as to how a Scholar's Helix spells work? Like if I cast a spell of Cryohelix, what is that doing to the enemy beyond the practical effect?

Fire immolates the enemy, Stone sends rocks flying upwards at the enemy, Flash is blinding the enemy with a bright light originating from right in front of its eyes. But is there any in-universe explanation to what a Helix spell is doing to harm the target?

Tbf i always picture the helix as some sort of disease.

Going with the animation and name, its like a DNA fragment being implanted on foe, that will slowly killing it.
By Draylo 2021-03-24 17:24:21  
Wyvernhunter Bambrox. Any idea why his last set of bombs can't be targeted by AOE?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-24 18:04:41  
don't know, but I do know that the only way I ever cleared that UNM was with a straight dd full buffed zerg. He will be stuck at 1% until any currently out bombs explode, but if you get him down there fast enough he will only pop the first round of bombs, which is what one or two?

Stupid nm and only did it for clear :x
By Draylo 2021-03-24 18:47:12  
I ended up dying a few times because I didn't understand why my AOE works to kill the first two set of bombs, but not the last two. I ended up equipping movement speed legs and running away, seems to be the best way to handle it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-25 12:04:41  
Wasn't there a quick warp way to get to Promyvion-Vahlz somewhere instead of having to run all the way through Pso'Xja again?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-03-26 14:23:18  
Odin.Sudra said: »
Does stun land on omen bosses? Kyou, etc.

Never seen it land

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-28 15:54:07  
Soloing T3 behemoth still the fastest way to get a pulse weapon besides getting lucky and finding 5 cells on the AH?

Main BLU or RUN, mule GEO or RDM for reference so should be decently capable of clearing most of the T3s
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-03-28 15:56:48  
Pretty much. He goes down extremely fast, especially if you get a skillchain in during his TP moves or spells.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-29 08:41:14  
Quick Fact check

- For whm/sch is it still the commong belief that the 10% casting reduction does not break cap so we just need 78% fastcat to hit the 80% fastcat cap? or did it change back to it breaks cap ?

- For hast values is it still generally rounded down?, i remember at one point a lot of the new gear was actually rounding up now.
Specfically im looking into ambuscadem,escha gear ,new abjuration gear
By RadialArcana 2021-03-29 10:40:06  
If you are the only character on a monsters hate list and you own the R/E item it drops, can it still drop for your alt that does nothing at all?

I always assumed it would not drop under these circumstances, since if you die it ignores your alt in most cases. Does it depend on what you're fighting?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-29 10:49:46  
If you are the only character on a monsters hate list and you own the R/E item it drops, can it still drop for your alt that does nothing at all?

I always assumed it would not drop under these circumstances, since if you die it ignores your alt in most cases. Does it depend on what you're fighting?

You'll still get the drops regardless of enmity
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-03-29 14:26:44  

The pool is based on party no enmity

if alt outside the arty but on the emnity list ( from eg. cures) then the alt will not get drop from the pool

if you alt is in the party and does nothing at all and thereby not on the enmitylist. the item will go to the pool that you alt has acces to
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-29 15:12:57  
Mob dies to an action initiated by a player or pet > person(or pet owner) who executed that action's party gets drops in pool

Mob dies to a DoT, spikes, or any other effect that isn't initiated by a player or pet > person who currently has claim's party gets drops in pool

Mob dies to a DoT, spikes, or any other effect that isn't initiated by a player or pet > drops vanish

r/ex check is applied to everyone in party/alliance, so as long as at least one doesn't have it it will drop(and consumable r/ex, the ones that show yellow in item list, will still drop if everyone has them)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-30 02:33:01  
I remember someone (Martel?) testing it a long time ago but I don't remember the outcome of the test.

Is the 5% parrying on capes the same as inquartata?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-30 04:00:32  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I remember someone (Martel?) testing it a long time ago but I don't remember the outcome of the test.

Is the 5% parrying on capes the same as inquartata?
Yes.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-03-30 16:13:32  
Asura.Kuusa said: »

what gear does the disjoined one wear in RoV? specifically hands legs feet.

Dinner Jacket(body and hands) and Dinner Hose(legs and feet).
By GwenStacy 2021-03-30 19:14:34  
Anyone have the issue where they select and npc or teleporter or ??? and it doesn't bring up any prompts and just hangs and the only thing you can do is //terminate
By Taint 2021-03-30 19:31:55  
GwenStacy said: »
Anyone have the issue where they select and npc or teleporter or ??? and it doesn't bring up any prompts and just hangs and the only thing you can do is //terminate

Only with certain addons. Happens if i forget to unload and click an NPC. Zoning also fixes it.
By GwenStacy 2021-03-30 19:35:19  
Taint said: »

Only with certain addons. Happens if i forget to unload and click an NPC. Zoning also fixes it.

Thanks! I guess I have to figure out which addon
By GwenStacy 2021-03-30 19:40:50  
Taint said: »

I found out it's Matsui-P.. With that trust out it freezes my game when i try to talk to an npc or target a ??? lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-03-30 20:27:11  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

Drilling?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-30 21:02:48  
When I got to the Helices, I wrote them down as though they surrounded the opponent in the spell (judging by their effects) and just repeatedly barraged them with their effects. Like Pyrohelix would surround the mob with fire magic that surrounded it and pelted it with heat.

I think the concept is really cool, but they really didn't add enough flavour to make it comprehensible lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-30 21:33:59  
Just think of it like pokemon setting up fields. An artificial target specific micro weather phenomena.

Every turn (tic) the opponent was pelted with hail or rain or sand etc.

Quote:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shadowy_aura
At the end of each turn, damages each Pokémon for 1/16 of its maximum HP

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hail_(weather_condition)
At the end of each turn, damages each Pokémon for 1/16 of its maximum HP
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-31 00:50:54  
Is cocoon's defense boost static or dynamic?
IE Should a be casting cocoon in a high defense set?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-31 00:50:56  
Is cocoon's defense boost static or dynamic?
IE Should I be casting cocoon in a high defense set?
First Page 2 3 ... 698 699 700 ... 834 835 836