Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 697 698 699 ... 835 836 837
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-03-10 10:22:00  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
What are the different beastmen's weaknesses in Odyssey? I'm assuming one is weak to blunt, one to piercing, and one to slashing?

It helps to not think of them as "weaknesses", as they function more as "resists". One type of damage will be reduced, but that doesn't mean if you don't abuse a specific weakness you're ***outta luck.

I don't have info for A or B, but in C:

Lamia resist Slashing
Trolls resist Blunt
Mamool Ja resist Piercing/Magical (not 100% convinced on the magical aspect for all Mamool Ja, I can still get respectable damage on many of them, but I do default to Savage over other options on COR for them)

Thanks for this, it's good info.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-10 17:45:10  
Does Magic Defense Bonus reduce Astral Flow damage?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-10 22:44:26  
Do those Anima we used to farm for CoP 1-3 bosses work on things like Glassy Craver in Omen?
By DaneBlood 2021-03-11 08:56:12  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
DaneBlood said: »
I am seeing people now saying quickcast stop midtcast gear from taking affect in gearswap.

last time i played it was the stable knowledged that gearswap handled the midtcast in a proper way with quickcast so you would still get the potency from it?

Which is true ? ( this is mostly WHM related in case there is a differnce)

Gearswap injects precast, action, midcast in one go. This means that they all end up in the same UDP packet, and server will unconditionally receive all and process in proper order. Server reads in precast, reads action and determines it's casttime, and then reads in midcast in a single thread before returning control to whatever process handles cast execution. You should have no concern about using quick magic gear.

Ashitacast detects outgoing action and inserts precast before it and midcast after. This has the same effect, so Ashita users also should not have any concern about using quick magic gear.

The main way you lose gear during laggy situations is via your aftercast occuring before the spell finishes if the server receives a large bunch of data at once. Unless Gearswap has a bug, you should never cast in precast as it should always be sent out with midcast immediately following it. This is certainly the case in Ashitacast.

So if im getting you right. it never the issues that midt cast is not applied but that after cast is applied out of order/too early? in high laggy situations but its highly unlikely?

Thank you I will continue to use my quickcast then
By LightningHelix 2021-03-11 09:30:56  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Do those Anima we used to farm for CoP 1-3 bosses work on things like Glassy Craver in Omen?
I have never heard of anyone reporting that they do... but then, I've also never heard of anyone trying. So report back!
By Rips 2021-03-11 23:48:22  
Is there ever an Ambuscade where Corsair isn't viable? I'm building an alt and deciding between Corsair and SMN and this answer will play a role in deciding what to do.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2021-03-12 00:22:02  
Off the top of my head, Qiqirns were pretty awful with songs and rolls.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-03-12 07:03:15  
There are a few months where SE makes ambuscades that don't like support jobs, but those months also don't like summon because avatar's favor counts as a major support buff to them.
[+]
By Kasaioni 2021-03-14 15:17:03  
Think I could survive the final phase of Pandemonium Warden on THF with 5/5 Malignance, capped DT, and MEVA food?
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-14 16:04:36  
No, it doesn't work that way. You cannot negate enough damage without SAM 1 hour or Alexander Invincible. A more relevant question would be - Could you kill it on THF within the duration of an Invincible?

I am not sure. WAR SAM MNK can, no idea about other jobs.
By Kasaioni 2021-03-14 16:41:27  
Really? I'm talking about Pandemonium Warden, not Tumult Curator.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-14 16:57:30  
PW's summons have absurd magic accuracy, even for 119 players.
By Pantafernando 2021-03-14 18:51:54  
I dont think survive would be that much problem with current gear, but still, its not just flow but dozens of stuns and sleepgas being casted by adds, plus animation lock.

To be objective, my last fight was like 2 years ago, and the flow didnt one shot my RUN neither got him on orange with gear from that time. So, im sure current gear could pull a THF to that lv of defense back them, but still you gonna need some sort of healing in between flows, and im not sure if trusts gonna survive all that stuff.
By Seraphpdh 2021-03-14 22:33:33  
Does anyone who uses dgVooDoo2 and/or XI-View know if there is a way to improve the appearance of the buff/debuff timer for the icons in the top left of the screen? Everything else looks great, but the font for the times is just so small and hard to read, especially with more than one minute left on the timer.

By Kasaioni 2021-03-14 23:28:35  
Was thinking of just macroing a vile elixir ha. I'd definitely be able to solo it on my BLU though.

Edit: So I just killed it on THF before astral flow even went off lol.
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-15 15:05:19  
Woops, ignore me then.
By Kasaioni 2021-03-15 16:24:22  
Was close though, the avatars popped up just as I killed it. But I was sitting in my DT set so I could have killed it even faster.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-16 08:17:47  
Can somebody tell me the file path for saved macro & config data please?
By Seraphpdh 2021-03-16 11:05:13  
Seraphpdh said: »
Does anyone who uses dgVooDoo2 and/or XI-View know if there is a way to improve the appearance of the buff/debuff timer for the icons in the top left of the screen? Everything else looks great, but the font for the times is just so small and hard to read, especially with more than one minute left on the timer.

Figured out the issue. Turns out an anti aliasing filter in ReShade had accidentally been applied.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-17 10:21:41  
Is there any way to know, by looking at unity information when you're about to lose your unity trust?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-17 10:25:55  
The personal/partial eval.

The only way you can lose your UC is if you went the entire week and did almost literally nothing. Just by being logged in and killing a couple things you get enough eval to keep them.

Quote:
Players must have a partial evaluation of 5 before being able to summon their unity leader Trust.

This may be viewed under Status → Unity → Unity Info

As long as you earn 5000 accolades during the week (you can do that by doing almost nothing). You get ~50-100 for killing anything regardless of setting an ROE.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-17 10:41:19  
You actually have to go two weeks in a row without getting 5000 accolates to lose your trust, so it's even easier to keep them than that.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-03-17 17:34:38  
Anyone been able to get 60 fps with framedivisor on a quadro card? I get it easy on my GTX. Got a free CAD laptop that work was going to toss in the dumpster.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-03-17 17:36:53  
Do all mobs gain the same amount of TP when hitting them with the same amount of Subtle Blow? If I hit a Bat and feed it 22 TP, is there reason to believe something like a Cerberus would get more or less TP from the same attack?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-17 18:54:52  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Do all mobs gain the same amount of TP when hitting them with the same amount of Subtle Blow? If I hit a Bat and feed it 22 TP, is there reason to believe something like a Cerberus would get more or less TP from the same attack?
There's a dAGI comparison modifier on monster TP gain when hit by a player. So it's likely that stronger mobs would get more TP since your dAGI value is lower vs them.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-03-20 17:13:33  
Keeping r0ing anytime I afk.. or overnight. I reset my internet twice already, any ideas why? Only happens to XI, nothing else internet related affected
By RadialArcana 2021-03-21 09:06:10  
Are you going afk in busy areas or in your mog house, if it's in your mog house that could be why.

It's possible your network card or whatever is going into power saving mode or something and FFXI doesn't like it.

To test, try putting a youtube video on mute in the background while you go afk to make sure it stays active.

Just an idea.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-21 09:13:46  
Draylo said: »
Keeping r0ing anytime I afk.. or overnight. I reset my internet twice already, any ideas why? Only happens to XI, nothing else internet related affected

happens to me sometimes, pretty sure it's just server issues and there is nothing you can do about it (might even be intentional to reduce load on asura; throw an organic looking disconnect at people who are clearly idle)

you could try running a ping to ffxi servers overnight to see if you are still able to reach ffxi servers at the time you d/ced (leave logger or something on to see when your game d/ced and compare to ping log)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-21 09:45:10  
Kasaioni said: »
Really? I'm talking about Pandemonium Warden, not Tumult Curator.

Late response but
I did several pw on monk on full malignance and survived with over half hp from AF. It's not that deadly anymore. Though it dies in twelve seconds anyways.
By Pantafernando 2021-03-21 11:29:29  
Sometimes I notice a behaviour like some internet request (not just FFXI one) can make all internet communication wait till that first one to complete.

For example, i start loading one web page that by any reason is taking long than it should, when i open other tab, nothing loads. But then everything goes back to normal few seconds later.

When i was playing, not that common (maybe once every 3 or 4 days) but i did notice that one mule started to r0, followed by all the others. And when the first one gets kicked, all the others return the normal communication.

The first case mentioned started to happen more often with me lately. Maybe related to internet provider limitation due to more people using internet during pandemic, too many Netflixes happening at same time, or maybe my router is getting old.
First Page 2 3 ... 697 698 699 ... 835 836 837