Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 699 700 701 ... 831 832 833
By Foxfire 2021-03-31 00:59:21  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Is cocoon's defense boost static or dynamic?
IE Should I be casting cocoon in a high defense set?
50%
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-03-31 01:02:20  
Seems to be Dynamic, swapping in a +20def earring gained me +30def after Cocoon was applied.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-31 01:14:29  
Foxfire said: »
50%

I don't think you understand the question.

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Seems to be Dynamic, swapping in a +20def earring gained me +30def after Cocoon was applied.
Thank you.
By Manque 2021-03-31 02:04:38  
Foxfire said: »
50%

I don't think you understand the question.

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Thank you.

Do you lose the additional defense gained from casting in higher DEF gear after you swap back to other gear? I would guess not as the buff is applied at time of casting, but interested to know anyways.
By Foxfire 2021-03-31 02:07:09  
I figured it was +50% of your defense at any given time so i didn't elaborate
my bad i guess, bud
By RadialArcana 2021-03-31 06:02:34  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Mob dies to an action initiated by a player or pet > person(or pet owner) who executed that action's party gets drops in pool

Mob dies to a DoT, spikes, or any other effect that isn't initiated by a player or pet > person who currently has claim's party gets drops in pool

Mob dies to a DoT, spikes, or any other effect that isn't initiated by a player or pet > drops vanish

r/ex check is applied to everyone in party/alliance, so as long as at least one doesn't have it it will drop(and consumable r/ex, the ones that show yellow in item list, will still drop if everyone has them)

Noticed this also, for any Pups.

Quote:
On PUP you can flush hate from aggro using Ventrilogy > Deactivate as long as you don't Deploy.

Doing this can lead to no drops apparantely since nobody is on the hate list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/mfj9da/after_high_tier_battlefield_i_legitimately_got/
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-31 07:31:37  
RadialArcana said: »
Doing this can lead to no drops apparantely since nobody is on the hate list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/mfj9da/after_high_tier_battlefield_i_legitimately_got/

This actually falls under the third condition. Flying wyrms(and most gaes fete NMs) 'fall to the ground' when their hp is reduced to 1, rather than outright dying to the killing strike. This means that there's no action to attach the treasure to, and it goes to the person who currently has claim(or the floor, if that's nobody).
[+]
By billnes 2021-04-02 17:01:04  
Looking for help with FFXIclopedia Update

Hello All!

The Karieyh Sollerets +1 can be traded to Runje Desaali for 200 bayld. However, this is not reflected on the Karieyh Sollerets +1
page. I don't know how to make this edit. If someone would be kind enough to do this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

The page is here:
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Karieyh_Sollerets_%2B1
By Pantafernando 2021-04-02 17:09:54  
I get your point, but its a feature not specific to the piece, neither to the set, but its a feature of Runje herself, so it would need to be reflected to all dozens of sets and suposelly using same model to keep a pattern.

Well, its not a small work, and with questionable value tbf.

At least the Runje page already says she does that kind of service, so its not like there isnt that info in wiki.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-03 06:09:03  
Does lottery pass if anyone lots something, or is it just local instances.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-04-04 23:29:17  
Does TH increase pulse weapon drop rate from zi'tah t3s or is it a fixed loot slot?
By DaneBlood 2021-04-05 07:06:53  
RadialArcana said: »
Does lottery pass if anyone lots something, or is it just local instances.

only your local instances
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-04-13 16:22:09  
Can someone link me or post which mobs can and can’t be Doomed from CJ in Odyssey? I saw it posted a little while ago and can’t seem to find it. Thanks guys.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-04-13 16:29:55  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Can someone link me or post which mobs can and can’t be Doomed from CJ in Odyssey? I saw it posted a little while ago and can’t seem to find it. Thanks guys.
Here's a Youtube video by Mischief trioboxing CJ cleaving using EVA tanking. Can read the description for more but here's a good bit
Quote:
Annoyingly, many Sheol C enemy groups are immune to Doom - including enemies that are normally susceptible. Enemy groups I know for a fact ARE vulnerable to Doom are:
Apkallu, Bugard, Colibri, Crab, Defoliator, Flytrap, Gaganbo (Fly), Goobbue, Karakul, Korrigan, Leopard, Marid, Pugil, Puk, Rabbit, Raptor, Sapling, Treant, Wamoura, Wamouracampa, Wasp, Wyvern, Vulture, Ziz. If I remember any more, I'll edit them in here. Note that Ziz are immune to Petrify, and Apkallu are resistant to Sleep. On average, I see 9-11 of these groups in a run (90-110 Nostos enemies), though more or less is always possible.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By zaxtiss 2021-04-15 22:32:16  
hmmmm,

anyone by chance know what page the 145 UNM strats would be under on here?
By BarbaraWalters 2021-04-17 04:52:45  
How can you change auto echo to use Remedies instead of Echo drops, and perhaps be used for paralysis??
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-04-17 10:40:11  
So my desktop took a dive and I had to pick up a new laptop to be functional in school while I repair my desktop. I picked up an MSI laptop, and I'm having problems with FFXI. The error reported is: LiveKernelEvent 141, which crashes XI by causing the display to crash for a second or two. In Maiden it happens like within 5 minutes or less. I've re-installed the video driver, and I picked up the newest one off Intel's site and no change.

The GPU on the laptop is an on-board, Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics.

Any advice would be appreciated.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-17 11:09:16  
Have you tried using DGVoodoo?
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-04-17 11:30:52  
I've used it on my desktop but not on the laptop. Has that been shown to fix problems like this in the past?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Thunderjet 2021-04-18 16:08:38  
would stacking STR and attack over MND and elemental gorget neck be best for KOTR?, ALSO i cant remamber does unity gear with ffxi check on stp and dbl attack counts the augumented items?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-04-19 14:41:08  
I remember there being a shortcut to promyvion vazhl. Anyone know where it is?
I also remember there being a more in depth guide to learning blu spells than im currently seeing. Does anyone now where i can find it
eg under the heavy strike section it would note that Sisyphus is the best target for learning heavy strike due to it's ai spamming it much more frequently than normal
By Rips 2021-04-22 14:03:27  
I multibox and want to align my billing. With Resident Evil Village coming out in a couple of weeks, I may take a month off. I also want to switch to using Crysta.

If I unsub my accounts, will all the billing dates align themselves as one date if I wait the appropriate amount of time or will they pick up from where they left off in the current month that I come back?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-22 14:13:38  
They'll sync if you want them to by taking days off
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-04-22 15:10:16  
Pretty sure Village is supposed to be a short game (<11 hours), so idk if you'll want or need to take a month off for it lol
[+]
By Rips 2021-04-23 02:45:02  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Pretty sure Village is supposed to be a short game (<11 hours), so idk if you'll want or need to take a month off for it lol

Just a month off in general to detox.

Right after the update of course.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-23 12:24:38  
Has anyone done any testing on the efficacy of this item?

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/26040/yngvi-earring
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-04-23 13:55:34  
Is Idris afterglow/aftermath worth getting? I see a lot of GEO's with the green glow Idris, but not sure why ; ; Thank you :)
First Page 2 3 ... 699 700 701 ... 831 832 833