Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 630 631 632 ... 836 837 838
By Draylo 2020-02-04 13:47:19  
I always had my suspicions

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-04 13:49:46  
If I had such a thing, I would only use it when one of my own mules was popping an orb. That way when I try to sell it, there's no 3rd party around questioning my good fortune.

since many have tried to find a dupe and failed. I'd be more inclined to believe it's a 1st party external app that simply gives them what they want from the center chest when they click it.
By tyalangan 2020-02-04 14:18:49  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
They buy 6-7 orbs and they get 5-6 Omen bodies because of an application, I should report them right?This caused me to investigate and a 3rd party app confirmed my suspicions.

I’m less shocked if there is an exploit than by the fact that after just casually deciding to investigate something more than dozens of people have tried to investigate since AMAN release you find the tool that no one else has found.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-04 14:32:57  
This caused me to investigate

a 3rd party app confirmed my suspicions

yea, the guy who can barely read investigated and used a third party app to detect what people are doing and what drops they are getting

Yes, yes, and yes. The app is very similar to your description of the glitch.
definitely wouldn't be latching onto a tiny bit of support to try to *** harder

Quote:
I'm just going to report it and hope that they permanent ban the group that use it.
you do that

Similar to medal duping, I didn't receive my item, packets sent, oh look an omen body. Lame.
the entire bc only uses one packet, outgoing 0x1A to talk to chest, there is no modified param that'll result in anything different, you can't do anything besides tell the server which chest you're opening.. at which point the server tells you what happens after opening it

(thought it was similar to a chest appearing as a mob too, now it's packets?)

i found medal duping in under an hour with the knowledge it existed, if this exists it's certainly not anything like medal duping(and in all likelihood, it doesn't exist and this guy is just salty because someone sold a couple omen bodies the same day)
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-04 14:45:48  
as an addendum, the packets spawning all 10 chests are identical, so any difference is applied on client(which doesn't get notified which is the mimic) or entirely in your head

the monster chest doesn't actually convert from the chest you opened, the chest you opened is despawned and the monster is spawned where it is (you can use ASE to see that the monster chest is up where it was last spawned in that BC, so say chest#6 becomes monster, if you reenter with ASE you'll still see monster by chest#6, but it will be able to spawn anywhere.. thus it's determined at time of chest open not at time of entrance)

if there's a gimmick, and i really don't think there is, it's something very innovative or very complicated

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-04 18:59:26  
Theres no one talking about any hax for aman anywhere except maybe discord.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-04 19:08:59  
I am confused what the question is about reporting someone? If you want to report someone cause they are breaking ToS, then report your self.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-02-04 20:58:23  
Why don't you just share what you've found out instead of being defensive and cryptic.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-02-04 21:50:06  
Because he's full of ***. It's not hard to figure out.

I'm sure he'll be back to tell us how his uncle works at Nintendo next. "Dude the new game is gonna be cool but I can't say a word"
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-02-04 21:58:29  
I read it more like Billnes like "I found a thing but what would the thing do if I found the thing?"
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-05 02:09:35  
I'm pretty sure there is a way to know with a fairly high accuracy where the Mimic is gonna spawn in AMAN trove.
Wether that can be done with a third party app (I doubt, since that stuff should be all server-bound) or with another trick (entering on specific time-windows on specific days, or whatever else) I can't tell, but I'm fairly confident there IS a way to achieve that.

This said, I seriously seriously doubt there is a way to force Omen bodies, out of all the possible good stuff, to drop specifically from the AMAN trove. I'm very very skeptic and leaning to say no way that's possible.

@Botosi
I never logged chatlog so my data is probably irrelevant but at a wild guess I'd say ~10 on average? My absolute best was something like 20, my worst was 6.
Personally I stopped bothering with THF simply because it takes me so much more time compared to BLU farming (15 mins or less per run) and the average Astral Detritus per run isn't really that much lower. I mean it is but just a bit, and I save a lot of time having much more relaxed runs. On THF I need to focus much more and runs take me 25+ mins, if not even more.
I've got pretty average gear on both jobs. (bit worse on THF, ok)
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-05 02:32:35  
Understood. Honestly I'm thinking I'm just too lazy to farm omen like that anyways.

Another question though:

My mule needs Lebeche ring, but I don't feel like going through all of the Avatar fights. Could I just zone in to cloister to lot it and buy the ring? I can't remember if the drops work like Tenzen/Proto-Omega+Ultima or if they drop straight to the pool in the zone of the avatar.
By Felgarr 2020-02-05 02:48:53  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Understood. Honestly I'm thinking I'm just too lazy to farm omen like that anyways.

Another question though:

My mule needs Lebeche ring, but I don't feel like going through all of the Avatar fights. Could I just zone in to cloister to lot it and buy the ring? I can't remember if the drops work like Tenzen/Proto-Omega+Ultima or if they drop straight to the pool in the zone of the avatar.

Yes.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-05 03:43:44  
Absolutely positive on the Lebeche ring from Garuda, can lot it just by being in zone.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-06 09:02:22  
Hi

I would like some advice on a good self sustained trust setup. By self sustained i mean that i can keep trusts with mp enough to heal trust tank. The objective is keep party alive for long fight (for WS trials using apex mobs or delve NMs).

Thanks in advance
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-06 09:25:10  
Apururu or Ygnas with Gessho is probably the best. I'm personally Sylvie so my go to healer is Karaha-Baruha as he can use Spirit Taker, along with having auto refresh, Combined with Arciela for refresh he'll go a long time.

I used that setup a few months ago to do mine, went well for me. I'm also using the Jumbocactuar cheer which also gives Trust refresh.

Just remembered AKHM also does well for shadow tanking, and is probably more reliable to skillchain with than Gessho.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 09:27:47  
As long as you use Selh'teus/Moogle you pretty much have unlimited mp. Koru-moru is (i think) the only RDM that will refresh a trust WHM. Ulmia will do ballads if mp goes low. (Arciela will not and KoH will not cast refresh on trust WHM)

So if you do (tank) koru selh'teus ulmia WHM you're set forever. Moogle can swap with selh'teus if you want.

Also; Jumbotender Mog KI has Trust refresh/Regen if you have it
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-02-06 10:18:37  
I always forget the order you have to summon trusts in to make them stand far away. Anyone know the rules around that?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 10:27:42  
You probably didn't open a coffer so that you officially got all 6 items.

You have to obtain all 6 and toss all 6 (apparently, I've never cared or tried)
By SimonSes 2020-02-06 10:29:52  
DirectX said: »
I need some help or suggestions.

Cannot reset MNK AF Quests at NPC.
Every quest is listed as completed in my quests log.
AF gear is not on any NPC or slip anywhere.

What is causing this? How can I fix it?

You cant do anything. It's what you get for losing hope in MNK and ditching your JSE! /joke
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-02-06 10:31:23  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I always forget the order you have to summon trusts in to make them stand far away. Anyone know the rules around that?
Each trust will stay close to the previously summoned one unless it has a specific behavior (e.g. WHM running out of mob TP range like Yoran/Apu/etc.). A simple order would be to summon everything you want close to you -> the out-of-range WHM -> everything you want out of range.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 10:46:33  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/The_First_Meeting
Quote:
Temple Crown - Garlaige Citadel
Temple Cyclas - Beadeaux

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Temple_Crown
Quote:
A Garlaige Coffer Key is required to obtain this.
This part is the wrong part, but it's correct right below it
Quote:
Treasure Coffer Beadeaux
By Aerison 2020-02-06 10:49:27  
DirectX said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You probably didn't open a coffer so that you officially got all 6 items.

You have to obtain all 6 and toss all 6 (apparently, I've never cared or tried)
I just read this while searching for answers on Google so I will try this now.

BG WIKI has both coffer pieces listed as Beadaux so that needs fixing.
Wiki has;
Temple Crown - Garlaige Citadel
Temple Cyclas - Beadeaux

So it's correct unless you just fixed it lol.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 630 631 632 ... 836 837 838