Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 629 630 631 ... 834 835 836
By clearlyamule 2020-01-29 19:04:55  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Impossible

I mean I never tried but they take reduced damage(?) and have obscene HP to prevent just that from happening, like 5 million?

Then again these days doing a million damage in a few seconds isn't out of the question, so, honestly don't know.
They don't have nearly that much HP, maybe like 300-500k. If you summon a Kirin to stall the enemies for a bit on the higher floors you can generally just go kill it yourself.

The only annoying part is that the adds will immediately aggro any trusts you have out (while ignoring you), so if you're playing with only trusts they'll die fast.
They also agro your pets too which can be neet... set up an auto alive and do your thing
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-01 12:47:36  
Since we're talking about superwarps, I was curious...

If I warp into sea to get a gorget, can I get it made without sea progression, will Yurim flag "in the name of science" without sea access.

Or, if you happen to know, what is the mission progression required to start it
By huttburt<3 2020-02-01 12:58:08  

If I warp into sea to get a gorget, can I get it made without sea progression, will Yurim flag "in the name of science" without sea access.

Don't you want progression so you get Rhapsodies?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-01 13:00:32  
RoV requires CoP 3-3

Sea access requires 8-1

I don't really care about af upgrades, but would like to grab a gorget (right now) ((I've got some afk time and farming organs would be a great use of it while I'm gone))
By Pantafernando 2020-02-01 13:18:39  
If the flags for quests are on server side, unlikely you will have access to Yurim before actually unlocking the quests. If the flags are on client, in theory you should be able to locate the memory position where is stored your progress and alter it to emulate that you have completed that step.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-01 13:24:49  
I have a random question. I just finished Forging a New Myth on RNG and COR. I had the insight of buying a couple of ammos before doing the fight against Balrahn. But if one didnt bring any ammo to quest? Automatically failure and the ZNM trophies are wasted?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-01 14:40:45  
never tested, but you do need ammo to use the ranged WS, and that fight requires using it at AM1,AM2,AM3 levels...makes sense to me that if you don't enter with ammo, you're screwed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-01 21:29:49  
Yeah I agree - friend of mine did this and realised by chance they had ammo in their sack after entering and got through it.
By silvanesti 2020-02-03 02:59:01  
Is it possible with battlemod to mute absolutely everything for trusts? I don’t want to see anything they do in the chat window.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-03 04:24:58  
It is possible, as that's what I have. But I couldn't tell you which of the filters you need to set for that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 16:34:03  

To answer my own question, you do actually need to be on 8-1 to flag "in the name of science" even if you collect organs by cheating she won't let you flag it. (by normal means, you might be able to packet cheese it, idk)
By silvanesti 2020-02-04 00:56:04  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
It is possible, as that's what I have. But I couldn't tell you which of the filters you need to set for that.

Did you borrow someone else’s already setup like that? If so do you have a dl link? Or could you share your setting with me please.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-04 02:04:21  
silvanesti said: »

Did you borrow someone else’s already setup like that? If so do you have a dl link? Or could you share your setting with me please.
I ended up activating all filters and then worked backwards from there. I'll DM you my config when I get home in about 11 hours (sorry!)
By silvanesti 2020-02-04 02:58:51  
silvanesti said: »

I ended up activating all filters and then worked backwards from there. I'll DM you my config when I get home in about 11 hours (sorry!)

That’s awesome, thank you! Much appreciated!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-04 10:37:27  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
They buy 6-7 orbs and they get 5-6 Omen bodies because of an application, I should report them right?

This really feels like bait, considering even if you knew where the kathwack was every run you'd still only see an omen body once per 30-60 orbs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-04 11:01:18  
If you knew that a player was purchasing both Mars and Venus orbs, then using a 3rd party app to avoid the kathwack in order to sell the Omen bodies, you would report them wouldn't you? I mean it is a violation of the terms of use, isn't it? They buy 6-7 orbs and they get 5-6 Omen bodies because of an application, I should report them right?
I would first blackmail then into giving you a free body of choice and a pair of regal gauntlets for Sechs
[+]
By Aerison 2020-02-04 11:13:41  
If you knew that a player was purchasing both Mars and Venus orbs, then using a 3rd party app to avoid the kathwack in order to sell the Omen bodies, you would report them wouldn't you? I mean it is a violation of the terms of use, isn't it? They buy 6-7 orbs and they get 5-6 Omen bodies because of an application, I should report them right?
What's the third party app that they use to avoid kathwack, so I can make sure to avoid it.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-04 11:15:46  
Anyone know average SADs per run from Omen on THF main?

Thinking of picking up a Gandring to farm Omen. @100mil, if I'm only making 1mil (~4 SADs) per run it'd take 100 days to pay for itself which is quite stupid. If i can get ~10 SADs per run then maybe it would be worth it.
By tyalangan 2020-02-04 11:30:48  
Asura.Botosi said: »

Thinking of picking up a Gandring to farm Omen. @100mil, if I'm only making 1mil (~4 SADs) per run it'd take 100 days to pay for itself which is quite stupid. If i can get ~10 SADs per run then maybe it would be worth it.

Not sure the 2 extra TH (if using it over Taming/Sandring) would even get you 4 more Swarts.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-04 11:33:29  
tyalangan said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »

Not sure the 2 extra TH (if using it over Taming/Sandring) would even get you 4 more Swarts.

At the moment I dont farm omen at all (I avoid it like the plague), but if I were to pick up a Gangdring then I'd have a reason to farm Omen. If I cant walk away with 10+ SADS per run then its not worth my time.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-04 11:44:50  
the RP is worth more than the gandring, but if you see RP as free and farm dyna enough it's not an issue you may as well just get a plunderer's knife

you won't notice the difference and no worries on RoI
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-04 11:47:04  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
the RP is worth more than the gandring, but if you see RP as free and farm dyna enough it's not an issue you may as well just get a plunderer's knife

you won't notice the difference and no worries on RoI

Yeah I farm Dyna pretty regularly. I thought about that too. I doubt the augment between +1 and +2 makes that big of a difference. Thanks!

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2020-02-04 13:38:42  
They buy 6-7 orbs and they get 5-6 Omen bodies because of an application, I should report them right?

This really feels like bait, considering even if you knew where the kathwack was every run you'd still only see an omen body once per 30-60 orbs.
You're not on Asura.
The Omen bodies drop at an alarming rate. This caused me to investigate and a 3rd party app confirmed my suspicions. The person doing it is an alt and once all the sales are done they trade the Gil and it goes wherever it needs to go. That I know of, it's a small circle of four or five people tops.
I think you miss the point of the rebuttal. It wasn't saying there wasn't a lot or that a tool couldn't exist so much that even if you had 100% success in opening getting 80%+ on omen bodies is far beyond what you should get.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2020-02-04 13:41:21  
clearlyamule said: »

You're not on Asura.
The Omen bodies drop at an alarming rate. This caused me to investigate and a 3rd party app confirmed my suspicions. The person doing it is an alt and once all the sales are done they trade the Gil and it goes wherever it needs to go. That I know of, it's a small circle of four or five people tops.
I think you miss the point of the rebuttal. It wasn't saying there wasn't a lot or that a tool couldn't exist so much that even if you had 100% success in opening getting 80%+ on omen bodies is far beyond what you should get.
I already know that it's well beyond what anyone should get.
ie if true there has to be more going on than just avoiding kwack. So there is more to this story one way or another
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-04 13:41:55  

You're not on Asura.

There was one time my game glitched out entering an AMAN and I could swear I saw the chest as a yellow name rather than a green name NPC (Should've taken a damn screenshot). It was the first chest I clicked out of curiosity and happened to be the mob.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to cheese this BC with tools.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-04 13:43:01  
If this "scenario" were even remotely real, the people doing it would;

1 be to stupid to hide it and
2 be paying more for orbs to ensure they get them all

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 629 630 631 ... 834 835 836