Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 597 598 599 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-25 08:14:01  
Is Celestial Nights the event with the nightly fireworks and the twangy music?

I know it is. Good lord. That music and explosions. I have some mild fondness for it simply because of nostalgia of how FFXI used to be 15 or so years ago for me when events were new, fun(ish), and I had friends to do them with, but sound is going to have to be shut off for two weeks so I remain sane(ish).

Time to scoop them goldfish alone.

Also, it could be worse. At least it's not the mount music.

Edit: Whoops. Meant this for the "what's on your mind" thread; not the random questions thread. Womp.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-06-25 09:39:40  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Is Celestial Nights the event with the nightly fireworks and the twangy music?

I know it is. Good lord. That music and explosions. I have some mild fondness for it simply because of nostalgia of how FFXI used to be 15 or so years ago for me when events were new, fun(ish), and I had friends to do them with, but sound is going to have to be shut off for two weeks so I remain sane(ish).

Time to scoop them goldfish alone.

Also, it could be worse. At least it's not the mount music.

I think you're thinking of Sunbreeze Festival which happens in August
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-25 09:59:25  
That sounds more like it. The screenshot they used for it made it look like it had yukatas involved. These are the swimsuits though. Thanks for correcting.

Shiva.Pukkaup
サーバ: Shiva
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Pukkaup 2019-06-28 16:17:33  
does anyone know how to get SU5 weapons and their paths to be recognised in luas?
By Autocast 2019-06-28 16:43:23  
I don't have SU5 but last I heard gearswap doesn't display their augments correctly yeah? Just a guess but if you put them in diff wardrobes you may be able to use
Code
	gear.Weapon_1 =          {name="Weapon Name", bag="wardrobe"}
    gear.Weapon_2 =          {name="Weapon Name", bag="wardrobe4"}

put that in your gs or global file or w/e, then in your gear sets just do main=gear.Weapon_1 or main=gear.Weapon_2.

Just a thought, works for normal gear with the same name.
By devasbismarck 2019-07-01 03:29:15  
Does anyone know if magic evasion and specific elemental resist do the same thing - the missing elements. So if you have an item with +50 for all 8 elements and another item with 50 magic evasion is it the same?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-01 03:34:47  
I think it was tested some time go to be exactely the same.
MEva works for non elemental stuff too though, whereas +50 to all elements would not.
[+]
By devasbismarck 2019-07-01 04:13:13  
Is there anything classified as non elemental outside of say meteor/comet? Could some mob tp moves be regarded as non elemental?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-01 08:37:43  
meteor can be resisted with dark resistance, i'm assuming comet can be as well, and mijin has never been tested to any acceptable standard

i don't think anything is actually non elemental, but i also can't think of a test that proved m.eva=resistance to any acceptable standard either
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-07-01 10:04:21  
Mijin is definitely non-elemental. Or at least, it's definitely not fire.

So is Meteor, if cast by an enemy. The BLM one might be dark elemental, if that's what you're referring to, but enemy Meteors can't be resisted by, say, Dark Carol.

Edit: BGWiki says even the one cast by BLMs is non-elemental.

Quote:
Meteor damage is non-elemental magic damage and is not affected positively or negatively by any weather/day effects or any damage or accuracy affinity staves.

Comet, though, is indeed dark elemental.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-01 13:17:13  
Im pretty sure mijin is fire based, at least the mobs version, perhaps just the player version isnt, because its been documented that barfire/carol/runes do infact lower mijins damage.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-01 13:26:33  
See everyone says that but it's still not fire. It's meva that lowers the damage.

Simple enough to test for a RUN, no one has ever posted a SS of an absorbed mijin. It would be very easy to do with liement.

(but you have to not use gear like warder's charm)
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-07-01 13:50:49  
Anybody know whether Kishar Ring's "Enfeebling magic effect duration +10%" works on ninjutsu enfeebles?

I'm guessing no and it's just for spells actually categorized as "enfeebling magic" (so, also wouldn't work for blue magic, songs, etc.)... but that's just my assumption based on the item text alone with no supporting evidence.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-07-01 13:52:09  
There you go.

[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-07-01 13:59:34  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
There you go.

Sorry, couldn't process that. Too distracted by Sterk x Rorona party makeup. That's some 10/10 S-tier main/alt naming.
[+]
By ryukin182 2019-07-01 16:09:19  
How do you even get the blue cossie top (celestial nights swimsuit)? The event gave me red, and i've seen others wearing blue
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-01 17:30:02  
ryukin182 said: »
How do you even get the blue cossie top (celestial nights swimsuit)? The event gave me red, and i've seen others wearing blue
Blue is from Login Points. It's the fancy top.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-01 17:58:22  
Showing proof that Meteor is definitely not dark based.
The same thing happened with Mijin showing that it is indeed non-elemental as well, not fire based. This all got proven a long time ago in some of the Rune Fencer threads.

edit: Here is the other thread a while back showing it and many people saying it is non-elemental: Testing

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-01 19:06:01  
There was a huge effort to test dark resistance against meteor at 75 cap, during the period AV was unkillable. Many, many people including Apathy(the premier linkshell at the time) concluded that it resulted in a significant number of resists while meteor was typically killing everyone. This is even mentioned in the thread you linked, as well as someone saying monstrosity meteor can't land against dark mobs.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but have you considered the possibility that Meteor has a dark resistance check but is not treated entirely the same as typical elemental damage? Fealty gives you capped magic evasion against it, and I can't think of any other ability that it has that effect on.

Has this been verified in any way other than Liement? Is it not possible that the special damage type triggering fealty also makes Liement non-applicable to it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-01 19:08:33  
Does it really require more testing than liement? that's what liement does.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-01 19:10:09  
Liement absorbs dark magic damage. Fealty does not have any effect on any magic damage except Meteor. Several situations from the past have indicated meteor has a dark resistance check. Is it not possible that Meteor has a dark resistance check but is not treated the same as other magic?

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124843-Fealty-Testing?p=5537089&viewfull=1#post5537089 (fealty works on Meteor, Comet, Mijin, and Divine Judgment per that thread). Divine judgment is accepted to be light based, comet is accepted to be dark based. So, there's likely something unique about the damage type those abilities use resulting in fealty effecting them)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47498/sovereign-behemoth-strategy/2/#2989689 (a post from a trusted poster showing that in their brief test, diabolos 1/8 resisted meteor while garuda took full damage.. even if it was only the one sample that's some pretty strong evidence)

Maybe worth mentioning that your RUN only took 10 damage while having triple lux runes up. I am not sure how much magic accuracy sovereign behemoth has, but you did 1/8 resist with no m.eva buffs if the resistance from lux did not help you.

I'm not saying I don't believe the Liement thing happened or the result of it, it's pretty straightforward. But, credible people have mentioned dark resistance working when observing as a group of 18 or more. Guess I could do a darksday Ou and check carols, wonder if I have beads.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-01 19:46:03  
Went out to sovereign behemoth and checked, it's definitely not dark elemental, so I'm guessing something was changed somewhere between papesse's testing and now. Dark carols+Lux didn't make any difference over 10 casts each, and diabolos took just as much damage as anyone else.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-01 19:56:14  
It's entirely possible that it used to be darkness based until it became usable by players. Not out the realm of possible, at least.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-07-01 19:56:47  
I think that there's a strong possibility that when player cast meteor was added, it also affected monster cast meteor. Cause SE spaghetti code. I can recall some similar player specific changes in the past affecting monster mechanics unintentionally.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-01 19:56:59  
It is definitely possible it was a mechanic, but was changed later down the line. It couldn't have been tested with Liement back then, all you had was carols. I don't think we'll know if it ever did or not unless SE somehow confirmed or denied either statement.
By Jetackuu 2019-07-01 20:55:44  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
effecting
affecting

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-02 12:16:34  
Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said:
affecting
Time to start using impact instead
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-07-02 12:29:37  
Quote:
Liement absorbs dark magic damage.

The description is actually "elemental damage," so any damage type with an element attached to it. It's also worth noting that even if it did say magic damage, SE has been known to be somewhat inconsistent with that term- often using it interchangeably with the broader term "elemental damage". I believe all magic absorption and negation items work on both true magic damage and breath attacks.
First Page 2 3 ... 597 598 599 ... 836 837 838