Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 566 567 568 ... 838 839 840
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-24 21:57:07  
Shiva.Francisco said: »
For those that dual box:

What resolutions would you recommend for optimal viewing pleasure?

My desktop resolution is 1920x1080, tried two windows at half those numbers (so 1/4th of screen, was way too small) but I’m not sure having both characters full screen is optimal either. Still very new to this, and obviously everyone is different in their preference... but open to suggestions.

Also, is there a way to command one character from another when dual boxing, say through a plugin/console command?

Also, also, is there a way to prevent the chatlogs from getting jumbled up with one another?

How often do you play the secondary character? My alt is a GEO only so lots of "Fire and forget" play, so I have my main at windowed full screen and then I reduced her to 1280x800. When I'm on her screen it lets me see things in my mains log, trades, cooldowns, etc.
By Autocast 2018-10-25 00:06:17  
What kind of accuracy requirements is it for omen bosses currently?

all the info I can find seems to be well before the combat adjustments (assuming omen bosses even got reduced)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-26 03:19:26  
I'm topic banned from the update thread, but this is wtf worthy.

Quote:
This update will feature new weapon rewards for Ambuscade

How is that going to work. Hizamaru Fists? Sulevia's Sword?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-26 03:28:16  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm topic banned from the update thread, but this is wtf worthy.

Quote:
This update will feature new weapon rewards for Ambuscade

How is that going to work. Hizamaru Fists? Sulevia's Sword?

Prolly more of those level 1 lockstyle weapons like the lamia staff or that stupid axe
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-26 03:33:09  
Weapon Reward(s) Plural

Quote:
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 15:25:57
Delete | Edit | Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply | Score: 0

Meh, it's all incredibly predictable.

Give it a couple months (October to be EXACT) and they will add something else to ambuscade. I basically promise. That's the month that all 25 fiber +2 gear will be finished.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-26 03:42:24  
I guess that kinda rules out cosmetic ***like we've been getting the past months?

Augmentable Ambuscade Weapons. Hmmm... If they follow the same aug slots as the Capes and if they work offhand, it could be very interesting for some jobs.
Not sure they'd go that far...

Kinda makes me wonder if with the addition of Empyrean+3 gear they're gonna turn Ambuscade sets into +3 as well.
That could be nice (more motivation to do Ambu) but also dangerous.
Bringing some Ambu items to +3 would make them better than AF+3/Relic+3. Only for some pieces of course.
Wonder how that would make some people feel? And more importantly, would SE judge that balanced, considering the place that Ambu gear should occupy in the grand scheme of "difficulty to obtain gear"?
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-10-26 04:05:49  
if it cost 10 items that cost a lot each, like 5k marks or something, only ppl clearing D or VD would erally get them. the rest, NQ ambu gear would still be entry level.
By Afania 2018-10-26 13:58:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Weapon Reward(s) Plural

Quote:
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 15:25:57
Delete | Edit | Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply | Score: 0

Meh, it's all incredibly predictable.

Give it a couple months (October to be EXACT) and they will add something else to ambuscade. I basically promise. That's the month that all 25 fiber +2 gear will be finished.

November not October, failllllll :p
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-27 07:01:44  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Shiva.Francisco said: »
For those that dual box:

What resolutions would you recommend for optimal viewing pleasure?

My desktop resolution is 1920x1080, tried two windows at half those numbers (so 1/4th of screen, was way too small) but I’m not sure having both characters full screen is optimal either. Still very new to this, and obviously everyone is different in their preference... but open to suggestions.

Also, is there a way to command one character from another when dual boxing, say through a plugin/console command?

Also, also, is there a way to prevent the chatlogs from getting jumbled up with one another?

How often do you play the secondary character?

he needs to be able to control it enough to run away when he pulls too many dragons on his main and eats dirt!!! :D
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-27 17:03:11  
Wish they'd stop wasting new models on silly lv1 weapons. If they started putting that work toward a future set of armor, stuff like Su3 wouldn't need to recycle and Su5 wouldn't need to be reskins.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenko
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shiyo
By Bahamut.Raenko 2018-10-28 13:53:55  
I can't seem to do the AF glove quest for dancer. I did the other parts of the quest ~10 years ago. I have completed every single AF quest according to my quest log.

Olgald in jeuno tells me nothing, matthias in bastok past tells me nothing. Trying to trade mattias the mats does nothing.

I cannot reset the quest in lower jeuno either as it's not an option meaning I've never obtained the gloves.

What am I doing wrong?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-28 14:09:11  
You likely have another AF hand quest active but not yet completed. I'd check for that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kitori
By Bahamut.Kitori 2018-10-28 14:14:11  
But dancer isn't related to the zilart quests I thought? Either way, jeuno current quests doesn't list a hands quest active.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-28 14:25:08  
Yea you're right. Did you try the present day Mattias then? Your post only states the past one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kitori
By Bahamut.Kitori 2018-10-28 14:37:08  
That works, thanks so much! Silly mistake, I forgot to check if I should be talking to past or present one because I defaulted to past due to it being a WOTG job and SCH af being there(I think).
 Cua
By Cua 2018-10-28 15:45:08  
Thinking about coming back after quite some time. Looking for some guidance.

THF99.

My daggers are the oboro upgraded dagger and some AH dagger. My gear is all mostly ambuscade.

I think my goals would be best to cap my capacity points and then reach for the Sinister Reign daggers.

Never really stepped foot into end game either, but all expansions including RoV is complete.

Right now, if I do return again, I guess I'm just looking to plot a course.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-10-28 19:42:51  
DirectX said: »
What jobs and trusts could I use to 2box Titan HTBF D? I have never tried it so no idea what to expect.
Bring something that can get the pet proc or you're going to suffer. Pet proc for Titan removes the PDT. So if you're doing melee DMG it's a must. Other wise the fight just drags on and on...

All the BG wiki pages for avatars have an explanation of the proc system and a chart or which procs do what for each mob. Good stuff, and I wish I'd known all of it a looong time ago.

Learn your procs, and abuse them to buy time at start for trusts to buff and get things settled.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Titan_Prime

As for jobs, I went DRG+WHM dualbox and destroyed it with multi-step Light>Radiance. Darkness/Umbra would use stronger WS on DRG, but all merit avatars resist the ***outta everything but their weak element. So you use Frag>Light>Radiance since it doesn't get resisted they will deal wind dmg to the mob as it has the lowest resistance to wind.

Probably want to TP in a DT set. You can get oneshotted pretty easily. It's good to keep high HP, and even precure before TP moves for cureskin.

Trusts were buffers. Qultada, KoH or Koru(koru's less likely to die from AoE since you can get him to stay back a bit), and brd trusts. Sylvie would do well here, provided you can keep her outta AoE range. Each avatar's merit blood pact in AoE in the fights and they tend to hit like a truck. I forget what Titan's is called. On the bright side, it's a really small AoE around the target. maybe ~5' or so? I've been able to get a GEO in indi range without eating AoE.

Huh. This ended up being a lot longer than I planned. Well, I hope this was useful.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-10-29 03:14:46  
You can just have your whm go /smn and use a magic bp so it can't miss. I think I normally use one of the tier 2 elemental spells
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-10-29 04:08:29  
DirectX said: »
Thanks Martel. I will go SAM+WHM first time I try it to see if I can just kill it slowly through the 30%PDT it has because I don't really have a pet job set up.

I assume you didn't trust a tank to main heal when you took a WHM but in hindsight would you attempt it with Yoran?
I never tried using a Trust WHM on Titan specifically, but that's cause prior experience with lots and lots of Levi spam suggested I would end up getting oneshotted if I did. If you can manage to get Ulmia to scherzo before you die, you'll probably be alright. <,<

Although, I just realized you were asking about D. I always did VD. So maybe it'll be a bit less risky?
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
You can just have your whm go /smn and use a magic bp so it can't miss. I think I normally use one of the tier 2 elemental spells
Ooooh. That's a good idea.
 Asura.Justinjman
user: Dgrossen
By Asura.Justinjman 2018-10-29 13:14:48  
When wielding two swords and using multihit WS's such as CDC how is the damage calculated? Wiki says "damage = base damage X pDIF" but I can't find any mention of using two weapons.
So does it just use the main hand weapons base dmg or is it the sum of the two?
By clearlyamule 2018-10-29 13:40:35  
It uses main hand dmg for all the normal hits as well as any extra hits on that hand. Then the offhand gets a hit + any potential multi hit procs on that hand using tha tbase dmg. Also similarly uses accuracies and attacks of those hands in the same fashion
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-10-30 11:59:57  
Not far from having a Primeval Brew and was thinking of brewing WoC for some gear. In abyssea days I remember MAB WSes being best for brew, wondering what best job/ws spam would be best for WoC.

Currently, I'm thinking RUN or COR:

RUN should block most stuns and petrifies if I pflug and switch runes. Then the idea was to pop brew and spam Resolution and hope for the best. If it pops wynavs Battuta will have me invincicble essentially.

COR has.. Leaden Salute. Good bit less defense and meva though so I'm worried I'd end up getting stoned or stunned and waste much of the 3 mins and end up dying once it's over.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-30 12:35:00  
I think COR is more likely to win, you can always use a petrify screen and stun doesn't last that long. Maybe bring a GEO friend or mule for bolster attune/vex if you feel that worried about it. Keep in mind that if leaden is doing 99,999 it will be dead in under a minute and probably not get a chance to 1hr. RUN reso will probably do significantly less than capped damage.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-30 12:38:44  
magical ws still tend to be the best since MAB doesn't cap though they gain much less than back in abyssea (Get less increase in stats and much higher MABs devalue the gain from this as does the inability to swap in affinity atmas).

As far as debuffs the increase in stats will grant some decent amounts of meva if you still want to do cor and you can pflug /run for some more. There is also mirror's tonic for petrify

If you want to stay run you should be able to do consistent 50-60kish with flash nova or sanguine blade with decent sets could get decently higher with good ones... though not really sure what it's mdb/mdt stats are like exactly but whatever bring a geo and give -mdb

You might even be able to do something super fun and weird like /nin or /rng or cor for fun hybrids that could if done right deal even more even with lol 1 dmg weapons
By Afania 2018-10-30 12:40:47  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I think COR is more likely to win, you can always use a petrify screen and stun doesn't last that long. Maybe bring a GEO friend or mule for bolster attune/vex if you feel that worried about it. Keep in mind that if leaden is doing 99,999 it will be dead in under a minute and probably not get a chance to 1hr. RUN reso will probably do significantly less than capped damage.

Should be doing wf with geo tbh, since wf can hit 99999 too and it sc with itself.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-10-30 13:21:04  
Thanks, I guess I'll bring COR and just bring some safety nets. Under 4 people it doesn't get HP boosts or is it anybody over 1 will add 200k HP? Was thinking GEO and WHM for taking care of Stona and Cure VI if wynavs go wild. Maybe Asylum at the start or at 50% too.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-31 01:26:51  
Anyone have a good MaB or rather Garland of Bliss set for smn? preferably easier to get ans also semi useful on blm or something so I don't have to toss it. Need more atma as well but still not doing great on my trials thus far.
First Page 2 3 ... 566 567 568 ... 838 839 840