Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 551 552 553 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 13:43:38  
Wellllll there is a limit to the number of cape augment items you can get per month.

I would assume, if you're using Monk to kill this, then you have an interest in using Monk for more than just this.

(you never stated the job in the first part) Like, why solo it on Monk instead of "job you care about more than monk".

If you like "this job" better, I would assume you'd be doing ambuscade on "that job" instead.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-06-21 13:49:15  
Ah. In this case, it was more a matter of "Well, this guy's better geared on <xjob> so come mnk instead" since my only geared 99's (Read: I'm basically fresher than fresh for all this new content.) are THF+MNK. I'm gearing up another job that shares gear with MNK (It's my relic job, but I played back when Abyssea was MNK SORO EVERYTHING!)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 13:57:51  
If you were(are currently?) in a group, and they don't care how you're performing. Then skip it. Grab some sushi and try to squeeze more acc out of your current set.

It's important to... have a goal in mind instead of just "grabbin ***"

Do you intend to only use mnk because this one group, or are you going to need to improve mnk.

(what i'm saying is, it would be silly to save all your cape mats for thf, if you're not going to get to use thf, ya know?)
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2018-06-21 14:22:12  
Has anything about the combat formula's fundamentally changed in the last ~5 years? PDIF/FST/DDex/Weapon Ranks/WSC etc? ie: Is it still 2 acc per 1% hit rate? Are crits still +1 to pdif and same old pdif caps? Combat skills over 200 still 0.9 acc/atk? Etc

Reason being I recently returned after 5 years and some wiki/BG articles still list TP 100-300 instead of 1k-3k and other old stuff.

Just want to make sure nothing in the foundation has changed before I start busting out the spreadsheets and gear analysis again.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-21 18:06:39  
Stuff has changed, like STR:ATK ratios and pdif caps (which differ based on weapon type now).
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-06-21 18:16:28  
Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
Has anything about the combat formula's fundamentally changed in the last ~5 years? PDIF/FST/DDex/Weapon Ranks/WSC etc? ie: Is it still 2 acc per 1% hit rate? Are crits still +1 to pdif and same old pdif caps? Combat skills over 200 still 0.9 acc/atk? Etc

Reason being I recently returned after 5 years and some wiki/BG articles still list TP 100-300 instead of 1k-3k and other old stuff.

Just want to make sure nothing in the foundation has changed before I start busting out the spreadsheets and gear analysis again.
pDIF caps changed. Possibly more than once? It's a vague recollection, but yeah, a lot has changed.

Maybe do some digging on BG wiki? Although I couldn't say for sure if the pages are up to date.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 19:45:17  
iirc during the first big ws overhaul they got rid of wsc level correction. Oh yeah a lot of ws got overhauled a couple of times and not all of them got retested.

Combat skills effects are a tad more complicated than that doubt it was a change more of we have higher amounts now so know of higher tiers. Att was always 1 for 1 all the way up though was only acc that changed.

acc caps have changed for pets and 1hd weapons.
 Asura.Esoj
By Asura.Esoj 2018-06-21 19:53:55  
What is love?
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 21:39:51  
Baby don't hurt me
By Kodaijin 2018-06-22 10:24:49  
What is up with the recent demand for Vedic coats? The only thing I am seeing that is unique is the conserve MP. Am I missing something?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-22 11:45:40  
Kodaijin said: »
What is up with the recent demand for Vedic coats? The only thing I am seeing that is unique is the conserve MP. Am I missing something?

Stupidity mostly. They think it does something it doesn't/ don't know about conserve Mp actually works.
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2018-06-24 17:12:58  
on melee tp capes, dye is used for dex or acc stat. ive confused myself.
By phunky 2018-06-25 02:23:46  
Was there ever lvl 75 crafted version of the blurred shield model?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-25 02:53:00  
no
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-25 04:41:19  
Sylph.Feary said: »
I personally use DEX, I think only my COR Cape got the extra ACC
By Afania 2018-06-26 00:15:29  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Sylph.Feary said: »
I personally use DEX, I think only my COR Cape got the extra ACC

I use dex even on cor. The difference between 10 dex and 10 acc is minimal and you are most likely capped acc with right buffs anyways. More acc is useless after it's capped but more dex pushes dDex. More dmg is more dmg.

If you rarely roll with top end brd for vd or tp in nq adhemar/QA DM augments with low acc, acc is probably better. Otherwise DEX meow.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-26 00:31:54  
You could also argue that you aren't going to necessarily be in a dDex range that the cape would do anything either a lot of the time. It's all small edges in some specific situations
By Afania 2018-06-26 01:00:34  
clearlyamule said: »
You could also argue that you aren't going to necessarily be in a dDex range that the cape would do anything either a lot of the time. It's all small edges in some specific situations

Are there any way to find the monster stat data to know that? Because I'm genuinely curious about the better choice between the two.

I used to have 10 acc but just recently changed in an attempt to min max dps further. Now that I think about it, it's probably smarter to get the monster data somehow before the change.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-06-26 01:32:46  
Which jobs/sets use Hetairoi Ring as a clear BiS these days?

THF TP is the only clear case I'm really aware of (assuming capped atk, otherwise Ilabrat should be better). Beyond that... are there any others I'm overlooking?

I'm aware people sometimes recommend BLU TP sets (and very niche NIN TP sets) with Hetairoi - and if you think that's valid then by all means please discuss - though I'm not entirely convinced of the value over Epona/Petrov (or Ilabrat for uncapped attack) in the vast majority of situations. I've also seen certain mentions for kinda niche SAM WAR TP sets (particularly with Empy, assuming AM3 up), though that also seems like a bit of a stretch to me over some combo of Niqmaddu/Flamma/Petrov in 99% of cases.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-26 01:40:47  
I still prefer to use it on SAM TP (QA,TA) Set and I switch Petrov to Hetairoi when Im in Innin on NIN (I keep Petrov for Yonin)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-06-26 01:51:03  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
I still prefer to use it on SAM TP (QA,TA) Set and I switch Petrov to Hetairoi when Im in Innin on NIN (I keep Petrov for Yonin)

That's interesting for NIN... I assume you're giving strong consideration to Petrov's Enmity+5 for Innin/Yonin purposes? If I ever actually start using Yonin regularly, that's something I guess I'll keep in mind.

I've kinda gone away from Petrov on NIN TP these days, and 99% of the time I actually prefer Epona/Ilabrat and get Ilabrat spreadsheeting better than anything else for that second ring (and I'm usually using Kannagi, which is prob the best case scenario for Hetairoi). Ilabrat's AGI+10 at least means something from a TP generation perspective for Daken, DEX+10 helps dDEX and Acc, and I do find myself in uncapped atk situations pretty often... so that's my reasoning.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-26 02:01:17  
Yeah, Ilabrat is definitely great if you're not capped!
You are correct regarding Petrov on Yonin, with Utsusemi spam + Gekka I rarely lose hate.

But I see myself preforming better with Hetairoi since Im almost always under Innin.
Also..
I go NIN when I know I will be capped to LS event XD, for solo I prefer DNC,COR or DRG.

Its also worth mentioning that I switch to Hetairoi on any job "if" I use Behemoth Steak +1.
By Afania 2018-06-26 02:10:29  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Which jobs/sets use Hetairoi Ring as a clear BiS these days?

I use it for cor white dmg tp set when amnesia is up, something like this:

ItemSet 356147

If amnesia is longer than 15 sec I swap out gun for Molybdosis for a couple of melee rounds too. All the crits increases white dmg nicely.

I'm not aware of any other ring better than Hetairoi when white dmg dps is main source of dmg.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-26 02:14:53  
Yeah I agree that using Hetairoi in critical based TP set is BiS.. especially on COR/WAR

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-26 03:32:40  
probably has bot(s) running

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-26 04:15:37  
Are you sure that's their main?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-26 05:13:10  
DirectX said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Aphocalypse

12 10,000 currency pieces (like 400M) sold in a week. How is this possible?

Could be someone who hoards it and waits for prices to rise. I know I do that, especially with Dynamis currency, but not nearly to that level. Not too uncommon to find people selling for 2-2.5k per single and I just stack them up in my mog safe until I see a shout for a higher price.
First Page 2 3 ... 551 552 553 ... 834 835 836