lv.99 MNK TP set
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 29 30
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-06-06 00:15:34  
Boots, no. Ganesha's, yes if your attack isn't capped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-06-06 00:32:54  
Even if not attack capped, he shouldn't switch to Ganesha's. It would drop him to 22% haste.

@Stryger: If and when you get Thaumas Coat, you can start switching around pieces. Until then you are fine using what you currently are.
 Asura.Stryger
サーバ: Asura
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2012-06-06 15:01:06  
ok thanks for the input.. i figured it wasnt right but.. doesnt hurt to ask
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-06-28 17:03:04  
If your TP setup is this:

What feet would be the best for TP in general. Tantra Gaiters +2 or Thaumas Nails?

Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-28 17:03:36  
tantra.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2012-07-11 23:10:26  
In a attack uncapped TP set what would be the better ring to use assuming one ring is epona's. Mars's or Rajas?
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-07-11 23:12:38  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said: »
In a attack uncapped TP set what would be the better ring to use assuming one ring is epona's. Mars's or Rajas?

Rajas and Tantra +2 legs shave an attack round off, so it's better to stick with those.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-12 00:59:42  
I agree you should stick with Rajas as well, but even though it was probably just poor wording, Rajas will shave off a hit, not a full attack round. Will that 1 hit sometimes result in 1 less hit round? Yes, but that isn't an absolute truth.

I have this thing with h2h hit builds which I've ranted about before. It is not the same as a 2-hander hit build, but I'm not going to get myself into all that right now.

Rajas in any real situation you will be in will beat Mar's. The possible 5 or 6 attack gained by switching to Mar's really can't overcome the increased WS frequency. That's without even factoring the possible fSTR or dDEX increases the Raja's may give you.

Really the only thing that could possibly lend to changing from Raja's to Mar's would be the accuracy. You would have to have abysmally low accuracy though for that increased hit rate to equal the storeTP's effectiveness.

I believe in most standard TP sets used today that you would be looking at a hit rate of less than or equal to about 68% before ring selection for Mar's to come out on top.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-12 01:02:43  
Over TP doesn't hurt Verethragna either
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2012-07-12 10:15:37  
I just knew at 75 cap it was popular to use two high acc rings on mnk instead of a rajas because working for a certain hit build on a 1 hander is not as useful as it is for 2handers. That and capping acc on some content was difficult even with buffs.

While we're talking about rings, what about Oneiros Ring + Epona's?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-12 10:19:23  
Rajas was better than an acc ring at 75. Epona's/Rajas.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-12 10:21:37  
I just knew at 75 cap it was popular to use two high acc rings on mnk instead of a rajas because working for a certain hit build on a 1 hander is not as useful as it is for 2handers. That and capping acc on some content was difficult even with buffs. While we're talking about rings, what about Oneiros Ring + Epona's?

Why do I see your scrawny *** posting all day but never saying hi in-game? You too good for me since you visited RL for a month or two?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2012-07-12 11:41:11  
I don't know if i'm opening up a can of worms that's been beaten to death, but assuming attack capped, how does rancorous mantle, tantra gloves+2, faith torque and bruisers compare to the posted sets with atheling, rancor collar, melee gloves+2, ghille?

I'm also curious if anyone has tested the formula for h2h damage. When I first looked at it, I automatically transposed (Skill x 0.11) into (Skill / 9). the two are virtually the same, however, at 454 skill,

FLOOR(skill x 0.11) = FLOOR(49.94) = 49 and
FLOOR(skill / 9) = FLOOR(50.27) = 50

that's the difference between needing and being able to do without the bruiser's earring.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-12 11:45:37  
Worse than just using rancor+atheling
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2012-07-12 11:46:31  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I just knew at 75 cap it was popular to use two high acc rings on mnk instead of a rajas because working for a certain hit build on a 1 hander is not as useful as it is for 2handers. That and capping acc on some content was difficult even with buffs. While we're talking about rings, what about Oneiros Ring + Epona's?

Why do I see your scrawny *** posting all day but never saying hi in-game? You too good for me since you visited RL for a month or two?
I don't actually play right now. The one night I logged onto Blind I said hello, congrated you on 99 apoc and didn't hear from you again that night (unless I missed it in the log).

So .....
Hi Ash, how are you?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-12 11:47:57  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I don't actually play right now. The one night I logged onto Blind I said hello, congrated you on 99 apoc and didn't hear from you again that night (unless I missed it in the log). So ..... Hi Ash, how are you?

Great! How are you? When are you gonna come back for good?
 Carbuncle.Broman
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: phenter
By Carbuncle.Broman 2012-07-12 13:21:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
I don't know if i'm opening up a can of worms that's been beaten to death, but assuming attack capped, how does rancorous mantle, tantra gloves+2, faith torque and bruisers compare to the posted sets with atheling, rancor collar, melee gloves+2, ghille?

I'm definitely curious in this as well, as I've seen it posted both ways and say its pretty much the best and thaumas looks much hotter to wear for a head piece then the G.mask. The only thing is I would stick with atheling/rancor but was debating if tantra +2 hands where good to use or if that setup is only worth it with those hands +3 haste/double attack.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-12 13:29:28  
I think Mckenzee's point about that set was the increased damage of going up a h2h tier, which you'd need AF3+2 hands for.

And as far as the h2h damage formula goes, I think it's FLOOR(3+0.11) unless it's 4+... something like that I can't remember. And while not looking at that specific set, I think once we hit 99, upping the damage another tier went out of style again, but I don't know for sure about this one.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-12 13:51:54  
I just rock Faith torque because it took me 6 f'ing years to get ahold of one -.-
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-12 13:52:43  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I just rock Faith torque because it took me 6 f'ing years to get ahold of one -.-

Yeah mine's not coming off. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-07-12 13:58:38  
Bottom line is they're going to be about the same, with Rancor Collar/Atheling Mantle sets being technically mathematically ahead.

The only reason I haven't sent Faith Torque to storage is because I like how it looks with my town gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2012-07-12 14:59:57  
the agreed upon formula for h2h damage is

DMG = 3 + FLOOR(skill x 0.11) + weapon damage

I heard a little about the +400 skill being off a hair and thought i'd see if anyone thought like i did about the formula being off. My post did have 2 parts though, and i do like the thaumas cap over some of the other options if you can get enough haste elsewhere. MNK is one of the few jobs that has enough of a haste glut that you can actually play around with gear that doesn't have haste.
 Asura.Flowooo
user: FloW
By Asura.Flowooo 2012-07-14 05:13:03  

In VW, assuming atleast 5% haste from Atmacite

4 Store TP + 4 % crit dmg on byakko haidate.

Regain + ACC on moonshade (should change to TP bonus and TP in ghillie earring +1)

Comments?
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-07-14 06:03:50  
Pretty sure you don't want to ditch AF3+2 Legs and Feet.
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2012-07-14 06:27:00  
Think you can make an argument for nails on like trash mobs but af3 legs are still used no matter what.

Would also question nef + Rancor mantle in TP set, not sure if the extra crit is worth the DA loss.

Edit : Could use a hag stone too maybe if you wanted to be fancy, and TP bonus on moonshade is preferred pretty sure.
 Lakshmi.Madone
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Madone 2012-07-27 10:58:13  
I use Pretty much same set as Akamatsu posted. for non capped attack situations. change between stone and mantis eye based on acc problems.

Atheling + Rancor collar owns with thaumas body ganesha mask and af3 legs and feet in vw and zergs. I like melee gloves +2 for the acc but see some ppl mix it up with mustela gloves now
 Sylph.Wardeniii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-27 12:17:31  
Its very difficult (or at least I have trouble with it) to just swap out single pieces for extra acc in TP phase to be able to say something like "My acc is now capped for TP phase if I swap in Mantis Eye and Tenryu Somen+1, nice"--but you then leave yourself at ~80-90% accuracy for WS's when you gear swap. It has always seemed much more intuitive to adjust your accuracy via food, songs, or rolls, and then the majority of the time your toss up for gear sets is simply between Attack Capped Set vs. Attack Uncapped Set for both TP and WS phase, which are much simpler comparisons to work with than attempting to figure out where your accuracy should sit against a particular mob.

Playing it safe and adjusting buffs/food such that your main question boils down to "Am I going with attack capped vs. uncapped gear?"--will be far less risky to your dps than toying around with accuracy to try and perfectly land on 95%, and potentially end up being 5% shy of cap, which would be a fairly large kick in the balls to white dps/WS latency. That being said though, of course if you are in a situation where you constantly receive static buffs, with a static group of members, using static gear, and static debuffs--then you could begin to hone in on the exact pieces of gear you need to optimize acc. I have trouble justifying all of the parse comparisons and adjustments that would need to be made for a particular mob though, to just go the next day with a 3 song bard in stead of a 4 song bard, and all of that work go completely out the window.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tanag
user: Tanag
By Quetzalcoatl.Tanag 2012-07-31 12:35:41  
Curious which is better for MNK with Verethragna to TP in.

Full AF3+2 or Toci's Harness and Ocelo. Headpiece? If the second, does NQ or HQ make a difference on which set is chosen?
By Vijara 2012-07-31 12:41:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Tanag said: »

Full AF3+2 or Toci's Harness and Ocelo. Headpiece? If the second, does NQ or HQ make a difference on which set is chosen?

Neither.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-31 12:43:07  
Quetzalcoatl.Tanag said: »

full af3+2 is not the best you can tp in these days. It works, but isn't the best. Toci should be only impetus down. Go read tantra cyclas +2 impetus effect.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 29 30