Some Friendly Advice Please!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Some Friendly advice please!
Some Friendly advice please!
 Leviathan.Joyroth
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2011-08-22 08:40:34  
SCH is a blast! Like mentioned above, it has its uses! I mainly took it up for the challenge! It is rather difficult to play it smoothly at first.
 Unicorn.Savoree
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Arriole
By Unicorn.Savoree 2011-08-22 08:41:26  
Bismarck.Faelar said: »
What most people don't get about SCH is that it isn't a mage. It's a tactician. The whole point is looking at what you have available and deciding how to best use it at the right time.

That being said, SCH has a lot of potential in the hands of the player who knows what the job can do. This of course, takes a lot of work, as macros need to be very fluid, switching between the different areas SCH deals with.

^ This
 Bismarck.Yamimarikk
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-22 08:49:00  
I appreciate the kind words and time you took to respond to me Savoree but all things aside, I'm not honestly concerned with Abyssea atm, that is not an issue for me, it's why I have NIN or BLU or THF.... again I AM not factoring Abyssea in for my job lvl selection here on out. As for that I do not use 3rd party programs, so spellcast isn't an option for me but yes I know about having to have 5billion pages of macros in order to be effective at your job if it requires many things, and I'm prepared for about a 5-6hr session of me hitting my head smoking a pack of ciggys and listening to Lady Gaga all night in order to make competent macros, but again thank you much for the friendly advice on this and (No I don't wana proc yellow with SCH thats what BLU is for)
 Bismarck.Yamimarikk
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-22 08:50:26  
Thank you Joyroth ^^
 Unicorn.Savoree
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Arriole
By Unicorn.Savoree 2011-08-22 09:18:26  
Bismarck.Yamimarikk said: »
As for that I do not use 3rd party programs, so spellcast isn't an option for me
Me either. I think I actually said 'Spellcast Cheat'. I think I know its far more fun and rewarding to manual 2 toons. OMG! Shes not curing! AGHHH wrong controller! :D (insert elitist derp here...)

I know about having to have 5billion pages of macros in order to be effective at your job if it requires many things, and I'm prepared for about a 5-6hr session of me hitting my head
Its really not that bad. More work than a typical job, but seriously, its not that bad
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-22 09:23:03  
My SCH and RDM have almost the same amount of macros almost~
 Bismarck.Yamimarikk
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-22 09:31:22  
Yeah I know I was exaggerating on the whole 5 billion part, was just saying, I always take the time now matter how many or how less of macros there are so I can fully function to the best of my ability to play w/e job I'm on. (Don't wana hear it, it's just how it is atm) I'm a PS2 user with a shitty laptop next to me that can barely run 2 programs at once, so I play on PS2 for FFXI and just have my computer beside me to look up stuff, use skype or listen to music, I wish I was lucky enough to have a 2nd account ; ;
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 10:27:05  
SCH is about adapting to the situation. It shines in situations where you already have the core jobs--a good example being Voidwatch. SCH is not a BLM or a WHM, however it can support like one. The only thing SCH truly excels at is crowd control, the rest is it filling whatever role is needed.

Let's take voidwatch as an example. You can support with finding staggers, assisting with accession regain/-nas, or changing to backup-healer when ***hits the fan. They have tools to examine and manage enmity, they can give weather to mages. Lots of stuff.

A SCHs job is to *** the situation, and decide how to best make themselves useful.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-22 10:28:40  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
SCH is about adapting to the situation. It shines in situations where you already have the core jobs--a good example being Voidwatch. SCH is not a BLM or a WHM, however it can support like one. The only thing SCH truly excels at is crowd control, the rest is it filling whatever role is needed. Let's take voidwatch as an example. You can support with finding staggers, assisting with accession regain/-nas, or changing to backup-healer when ***hits the fan. They have tools to examine and manage enmity, they can give weather to mages. Lots of stuff. A SCHs job is to *** the situation, and decide how to best make themselves useful.

Took what I said and worded it the way I wanted but couldnt lol.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 10:35:13  
What can I say I'm gifted with words! D:<

When I get home I'll give some more situations and how to handle it, but of course I'm not going to be able to name everything ever, so you'll have to truly be a tactician.

I should also note you should merit that thing idr name, that allows you to access any spell you have once without referencing an addendum

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 10:37:29  
(sorry phone was mean and cut my previous post off.)

It gives you greater flexibility to adapt to the situation, instead of flipping to an addendum when you only need one thing from it~
 Bismarck.Yamimarikk
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-22 10:39:49  
I should also note you should merit that thing idr name, that allows you to access any spell you have once without referencing an addendum

You mean Enlightenment lol?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 10:40:01  
It's called Enlightenment. It's very nifty.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-22 10:40:06  
What can I say I'm gifted with words! D:< When I get home I'll give some more situations and how to handle it, but of course I'm not going to be able to name everything ever, so you'll have to truly be a tactician. I should also note you should merit that thing idr name, that allows you to access any spell you have once without referencing an addendum

Enlightenment! At least 1 point in it to have access to it.

EDIT: Fffffffffffff beat to the punch.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 10:40:55  
Yeah, I had a mind-blanking moment. owell
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 10:42:00  
Enlightenment should be 5/5 along with Stormsurge, there's nothing else in cat 2 worth it. :(
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-22 10:43:31  
Enlightenment should be 5/5 along with Stormsurge, there's nothing else in cat 2 worth it. :(

I have Enlightment 1/5, Stormsurge 5/5 and Focalization 4/5. Now that I look over these merits again since I put them in years ago, I'd have to agree on 5/5 Enlightenment. Guess I'll fix that here in a sec...
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 10:50:09  
I see. Focalization won't be worth the stratagem charges ever anymore probably. Unless the game changes drastically, but of course if that happens we can just move merits~
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-22 10:51:01  
hi cole phelps
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 10:53:35  
I'd post a related pic, but my phone is an ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-08-22 10:55:59  
you should take a feel on your sch as you level up, which will be a little harder nowadays due to abyss' fast exp rate.
since you already have mage experience, Sch should pose little to no problem.

sch is a little hard to start off, since most spells get learned later compared to other mages, and thanks to new level caps, it feels broken (as someone mentioned) until more higher levels, but it can still perform good.

as a sch, you need to adapt quick to the present situation, and can act more accordingly over other mages, and even help set things up to run smoother.

sorry if my post isnt as helpful as you'd have hoped, since I stopped my sch at 86 :(
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-22 10:59:47  
I'd post a related pic, but my phone is an ***.

dat phone

it's a big fat jerk
 Bismarck.Yamimarikk
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-22 11:03:29  
I'm off to take a nap atm so won't be keeping up with the posts for a bit, but ty all for all the advice, I'm rather well versed on magical type jobs, I just like knowing more of what I'm getting into and any and all advice I don't know about before hand to increase my learning and function of the job is always a nice welcome, any more advice is always welcome as well Thank you.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-22 11:24:12  
Good group one merits?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-22 17:03:38  
I'd 5/5 helices, then the rest seems to be a matter of personal opinion.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-22 17:19:33  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said: »
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE WAR, so that will never happen.

do you hate it just as much as you did before now?

no but really, the war/sam thing's an inside forum joke to some degree, CARRY ON WITH YOUR BOOKS AND STUDIES you scholar

The hell is Natenn wearing?
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-22 17:20:44  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
Good group one merits?
Usually 5/5 helices is a given, in that it's marginally more useful than your other choices, the rest being either Modus Veritas on the off-chance it does land on whatever you're using it on, or sublimation. I just did sublimation, seeing as how although it's not game-breaking, I know I will benefit from it 100% of the time, instead of worrying whether or not my modus will be resisted ._.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-22 17:25:02  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
AF3 body, Hero's Galea, Homam pants, AF3 boots, looks liek a Burtgang or Excalibur for the sword.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-22 17:26:29  
Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Bahamut.Serj said: »
AF3 body, Hero's Galea, Homam pants, AF3 boots, looks liek a Burtgang or Excalibur for the sword.

It's excalibur, but it's an enmity set, but it looks like he's tping in it or something since he has no action.