フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » good npc'able fishin place
good npc'able fishin place
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-21 04:33:55  
is there a good fish/fishin place to get fish that npc well.

I tried bastore bream in ssg but its very low bie trate so its hardly worth the time spent

I've been thinking of silver sharks in bat down too but there bite rate is pretty low to AND use bait which drains from the income

I'm using lu-shang rod mostly
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-21 04:34:27  
bot black soles in qufim
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-21 05:48:14  
Nashmau.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-07-21 05:50:25  
either if the above are great.

NPC is standing right b fishing spot in nashmau though.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-21 06:26:46  
Yeah, Nash is fantastic!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-07-21 06:43:48  
Talacca Cove.
Dil and Mercanbaligi.

Lu shang + Shrimp lure :3
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-21 08:34:14  
I prefer sauromogue over Qufim for isolating Black Sole
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-07-21 10:42:25  
Thank you for all the feedback my fellow fishermen.

its gonna be nice to have are more steady income than rely on ah
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-21 10:44:36  
Just saw your fishing level. At that stage I would suggest the dock in Nashmau, isolate Mercanbaligi and Ahtapot, there's a nearby NPC that will buy them as well.
[+]
 Bismarck.Calina
user: calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-07-21 11:27:01  
best npcable fish spots Ive found is Talacca Cove on average 160k/200 fish.

If you want to go a step further lvl bonecraft and fish trumpet shells then synth them to trumpet rings and npc the rings very time consuming but hugely profitable.

With just 2 Characters doing that you can easily make 20mil a month.

on average after synthing the shells to rings and npcing them I come away with 360k(I farm the crystals so no cost there just need to kill 3-4 wind elementals).

so 360k x2 each day that's 720k a day multiple by 30 days 21.6mil subtract the lazy factor(not always fishing to cap) and call it an even 20mil a month.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-07-21 11:44:16  
Bismarck.Calina said:

What level fishing?

What type of fish you speak of?
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-07-21 12:11:00  
Bismarck.Altar said:
I prefer sauromogue over Qufim for isolating Black Sole

Sinking Minnow on the southern coast of Qufim will isolate Black Sole just fine.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-07-21 12:18:24  
Bismarck.Calina said:
If you want to go a step further lvl bonecraft and fish trumpet shells then synth them to trumpet rings and npc the rings very time consuming but hugely profitable.

The last time I fished for trumpet shells, it was for skillups, pre-60. The biterate was marginal at best. The constant lightning weather there seemed like it would always scare off the fish. I'd typically only catch around 12-15 in an hour.
 Bismarck.Calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-07-21 12:21:56  
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Bismarck.Calina said:

What level fishing?

What type of fish you speak of?

60+ fishing lu shangs/shrimp lure hooks ahtapot Dil and Mercanbaligi.

Cerberus.Kaht said:
Bismarck.Calina said:

The last time I fished for trumpet shells, it was for skillups, pre-60. The biterate was marginal at best. The constant lightning weather there seemed like it would always scare off the fish. I'd typically only catch around 12-15 in an hour.

I made 111mil in just under 6months doing it weather has no effect there just bad bite rate like all good fish maybe 1/7-8 before fishing update seems higher now when they added crit bit they just added an extra ID to the system with a different msg so they basicly doubled your chance at hooking 1 if you have skill to get crit bite offten(100 fishing main 96 on mule i get crit bite offten)

even with the added trumpet shell to catch it still takes a while 4-6hrs easy to fish to cap hence the lazy factor in my above post.

Fishing is a huge time sink going in you should know this but imo its easyest way to make huge profits relitively quick

For comparison take Talacca Cove for example while lvling my characters fishing took 3-4hrs to cap at 200 fish each day for only 160k by fishing trumpet shells add on an extra 2hrs or so for more then double the gil.
By Drjones 2011-07-21 12:50:29  
Bismarck.Calina said:

Fishing is a huge time sink going in you should know this but imo its easyest way to make huge profits relitively quick
This statement seems contradictory. The time investment is a pretty large opportunity cost unless you're botting or simply have enough free time to fish to cap and still do other stuff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-07-21 13:12:28  
Drjones said:
Bismarck.Calina said:

This statement seems contradictory. The time investment is a pretty large opportunity cost unless you're botting or simply have enough free time to fish to cap and still do other stuff.

Hmmm now how many successful fishers do you know that don't? but besides that pre abyssea only other way to make 20+mil a month solo was as thf farming SSG nms which required 12-15hrs a day then your still left with the issue that drop rates are random only thing that was certain was the gil drop from NM where as npcing the scrolls was where the real money was.

so yes when it comes to fishing its not contradictory. half the time investment for nearly same profit hence the relitively quick compaired to other methods of making that much a month.
By Drjones 2011-07-21 13:23:13  
I don't know any other fishers. They're a quiet bunch and I was the only one in my LS who ever mentioned it. So yeah, I guess it'd be an awesome way to make gil if you've no objections to fishbotting, but I do and I hate people who fishbot, so there it is.
 Bismarck.Calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-07-21 13:33:09  
Drjones said:
I don't know any other fishers. They're a quiet bunch and I was the only one in my LS who ever mentioned it. So yeah, I guess it'd be an awesome way to make gil if you've no objections to fishbotting, but I do and I hate people who fishbot, so there it is.

That's fine if you hate me for something I don't do anymore I dont mind ill even be nice and share my current way of making gil that has replaced my fishing and get this its not even agents the ToS.

A way to make easy profits post abyssea with minimal time investment that i can help with.

Converting crour to gil Ive found very effective more so then fishing. Join crour pt every day(usually 90-100kcrour an hr on low end) spend about 2-2 1/2hrs build 216k crour now I dual box in crour pts so that's 432k crour for a little over 2hr investment time wise then 30mins or so to change it to gil.

Buying only hands pants and feet of the 3 sets that's 27kcrour for 63kgil so that 432kcrour turns into 1,008,000 gil per day multiple that by 30 days 30,240,000 gil a month. All you need is 2 accounts but even 1 account that's still over 15mil a month. So just 3hrs a day to make 30mil a month^^

Your welcome^^
By Drjones 2011-07-21 13:38:06  
Or you could just buy chocobo blinkers and make fewer trips to convert it all. Cruor conversion replaced fishing as my gil-making method as well.
 Bismarck.Calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-07-21 13:44:10  
Drjones said:
Or you could just buy chocobo blinkers and make fewer trips to convert it all. Cruor conversion replaced fishing as my gil-making method as well.

chocobo blinkers are fastest way to convert not most effective. If you don't mind the loss of gil and wanna save a few mins go for it. Only takes 8trips for me to convert the 216k per character which is on average 20-25mins not that bad.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-21 13:50:30  
Drjones said:

your hate makes me squee with delight
[+]
By Drjones 2011-07-21 13:56:53  
I thought it was your Dora the Explorer avatar that did that.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-21 13:57:38  
Drjones said:
I thought it was your Dora the Explorer avatar that did that.

they combine to make even stronger surges of happiness than the baseline i receive from avatar only

all the gil i'm getting from fishbotting on 3 chars as we speak helps as well
[+]
By Drjones 2011-07-21 14:06:53  
*sigh*
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-21 14:09:55  
can you explain why you hate fishbotters, i'm curious

(not ones that undercut ah, i can see that, the ones that npc their fish)

i get the feeling it amounts to "people who don't play the game the way i personally feel it should be played"
[+]
By Drjones 2011-07-21 14:15:11  
You're getting free gil with effectively zero opportunity cost. AFK -> come back and get free gil.

To be fair, I despise the the ones that screw with the AH considerably more.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-21 14:18:57  
so you are upset that i am benefiting myself without hurting you?

if you want to do a ridiculously boring, mind-numbing task for hours on end, great, i won't stop you, but you seriously are upset about me choosing to do it more efficiently while benefiting others?

do you get mad at people who do their algebra homework with graphing calculators?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-07-21 14:21:01  
Get an ebisu.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-21 14:21:25  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Get an ebisu.

i'm working on it!

:(
By Drjones 2011-07-21 14:23:04  
It's more along the lines of "why should you get stuff for free when everyone else has to put in their time?"
First Page 2 3