Is 85 > 90 Kannagi Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Is 85 > 90 kannagi worth it?
Is 85 > 90 kannagi worth it?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Angelinn
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2011-06-30 18:48:19  
As the title says - I have a level 85 Kannagi, and am wondering if it is worth the trouble to go through the 75 apademak horns trial for 90 Kannagi, for what looks to be an extremely minimal upgrade over the 85. Is there maybe a stronger aftermath effect (higher ODD proc % or something)? At a glance, the caliber of the reward seems far inferior to the difficulty of the trial.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-30 18:49:37  
you're going to need to do it before the following two (or more) trials anyways, unless you wish to use a lv85 weapon at 99
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Angelinn
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2011-06-30 18:53:21  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
you're going to need to do it before the following two (or more) trials anyways, unless you wish to use a lv85 weapon at 99

yeah i understand this. the dilemma i'm having right now is if I should go for it all-out right now or just casually do it over a few months. if the upgrade from 90-95 is just as underwhelming as the 85-90 upgrade then there doesn't seem to be much urgency in it.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-30 18:57:26  
apademak already is an overrated fight; abuse the terrain elevation over by conflux seven, and you could eat fulmination over and over for what it's worth, even more-so with a -magic set

fragments, don't bother buying of course unless you wish to rush it for the sake of it; otherwise, dig up about twenty points of amber and then just kill random things in hope of boxes with it and snow god cores in them

i haven't done my ninety stage yet (busy using this method already for tiger king hides for my hammer), but i've already got four or five sets of dhorme khimaira just sitting around without even breaking a sweat over getting them

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-07-01 08:01:11  
Atm it's a small improvement, though 85 users are a dime a dozen, I don't see people with 90 being the majority of owners. Plus when the next trials come out, assuming they're also +3 DMG +5Mod, then you'll be behind by 6 D and 10 Mod, and more after the next trial. I would work on it if you have the time to do so.
[+]
 Siren.Kogasho
サーバ: Siren
user: kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2011-07-01 08:21:41  
I like your avatar Angelinn...Pew Pew Pew Kitty.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Yumeara
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Yumeara
By Lakshmi.Yumeara 2011-07-01 08:34:06  
Isn't it presumptuous to assume there will be upgrades after lvl 90 at all?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-01 08:34:42  
Not really, I bet all trials will go to 99.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-01 08:39:29  
Lakshmi.Yumeara said:
Isn't it presumptuous to assume there will be upgrades after lvl 90 at all?

Only as presumptuous as the notion that the cap is being raised to 95-99 in the future.
[+]
 Fenrir.Crystenne
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-07-01 08:47:40  
A better question to ask yourself is "do I really want to be stuck competing with God knows how many people on Apadamak when they introduce the level 95 versions and everyone decides to upgrade at the same time?"

Get the upgrades done now, save yourself an inevitable headache in the future.

I can't quite fathom why people wouldn't want the 90 versions of their Empyreans, really.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Yumeara
user: Yumeara
By Lakshmi.Yumeara 2011-07-01 13:24:03  
I suppose this is a matter of optimism versus pessimism. Without giving leeway to rampant speculation I had assumed they wouldn't surpass 90 to allow dynamis relics the final upper hand.

Furthermore, with the final abyssea expansion already released, they would have to enact a new system post-90.

Well shoot. Earlier when I said I wasn't giving leeway to rampant speculation and whatnot? I was instantly unable to abide my own imaginary guidelines.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-07-01 13:33:06  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Atm it's a small improvement, though 85 users are a dime a dozen, I don't see people with 90 being the majority of owners. Plus when the next trials come out, assuming they're also +3 DMG +5Mod, then you'll be behind by 6 D and 10 Mod, and more after the next trial. I would work on it if you have the time to do so.

I Agree with This Person , HOWEVER , You might want to "WAIT" and See what happens , maybe they Implement new Stuff that makes The Fight a lot Easier :P

^^ Just gotta wait and pray ^^

I Also Got 85 Kannagi , but 75 Horns is WAY too much work at lvl 90

maybe at lvl 95 or 99 it be easier ^^ so I Take the Waiting :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 13:33:09  
Lakshmi.Yumeara said:
Without giving leeway to rampant speculation I had assumed they wouldn't surpass 90 to allow dynamis relics the final upper hand.
Old ***becomes old. newer, better things come along, that's how it works.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Kujata.Nours
サーバ: Kujata
user: sruon
By Kujata.Nours 2011-07-01 13:42:13  
don't bother
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 13:43:10  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
HOWEVER , You might want to "WAIT" and See what happens , maybe they Implement new Stuff that makes The Fight a lot Easier :P

>Implying the fight is even hard.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-01 13:51:04  
Lakshmi.Yumeara said:
I suppose this is a matter of optimism versus pessimism. Without giving leeway to rampant speculation I had assumed they wouldn't surpass 90 to allow dynamis relics the final upper hand.

Furthermore, with the final abyssea expansion already released, they would have to enact a new system post-90.

Well shoot. Earlier when I said I wasn't giving leeway to rampant speculation and whatnot? I was instantly unable to abide my own imaginary guidelines.
Not all trials involved abyssea, there were nms and vnms, too
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-07-01 13:58:29  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
HOWEVER , You might want to "WAIT" and See what happens , maybe they Implement new Stuff that makes The Fight a lot Easier :P

maybe at 99 nin can solo kannagi 90 brewless lol

Without it leveling up? goodluck.

I've got my 85 Kannagi but for the moment i'm not too bothered about the 90 version i'm saving up cruor to brew all the horns (atm have 1.2 million cruor) the Lv85 version gives me good enough returns that it isnt the top of my to-do list atm.

Once I get 1.6-2million cruor that'll probably change and i'll brew all my horns quickly.
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2011-07-01 14:04:09  
Fenrir.Crystenne said:
A better question to ask yourself is "do I really want to be stuck competing with God knows how many people on Apadamak when they introduce the level 95 versions and everyone decides to upgrade at the same time?"

Get the upgrades done now, save yourself an inevitable headache in the future.

I can't quite fathom why people wouldn't want the 90 versions of their Empyreans, really.

...with 3 ??? up to spawn the nm...I don't think it'll be that big of an issue.....

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 14:08:16  
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
maybe at 99 nin can solo kannagi 90 brewless lol
Without it leveling up? goodluck. I've got my 85 Kannagi but for the moment i'm not too bothered about the 90 version i'm saving up cruor to brew all the horns (atm have 1.2 million cruor) the Lv85 version gives me good enough returns that it isnt the top of my to-do list atm. Once I get 1.6-2million cruor that'll probably change and i'll brew all my horns quickly.
Honestly, you can do it pretty quick without brews. In about 2 nights of work, we got Almace 90 with a NIN (Kannagi) WAR (Ukon) WHMx2 and BLM/RDMx2 (RDM/BLM x2 would be the better of the two if your BLMs aren't capped recast) The only situation where we used Brew was when it happened to level up more than 3 times due to carelessness.
By Norondor 2011-07-01 14:26:47  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Honestly, you can do it pretty quick without brews. In about 2 nights of work, we got Almace 90 with a NIN (Kannagi) WAR (Ukon) WHMx2 and BLM/RDMx2 (RDM/BLM x2 would be the better of the two if your BLMs aren't capped recast) The only situation where we used Brew was when it happened to level up more than 3 times due to carelessness.

almost goes without saying, but if OP has an entire LS full of empy 90s to pressgang into service, why would he even be asking for advice on whether to bother with Kannagi 90?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 14:32:06  
Norondor said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
almost goes without saying, but if OP has an entire LS full of empy 90s to pressgang into service, why would he even be asking for advice on whether to bother with Kannagi 90?
A Lv85 Ukon and 85 Kannagi isn't really a full linkshell of 90s.

And that response was directed to Fearforever, not the OP, although they're welcome to take that route as well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-01 14:37:23  
your gimp until its 90. Its actually a nice damage increase. I was doing 2-4k on orthus now I do 4-6. I like the upgrade.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 14:39:08  
It's definitely a viable upgrade and something you should be working towards.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-07-01 14:51:32  
You can easily get in 4 kills with 1 brew just using Blade: Hi, I haven't seen elemental WS's at work on him personally but I don't doubt you could get more in provided you have more people holding the pops for you. Cruor is free, it really wouldn't take long to grab 2 or 3 friends that need Dhorme's seals to hold KIs for you and get it over with. 90 is better than 85, that makes it "worth it" to me. It's been a lot less of a headache than beating competition at Briareus KI NM's and Gukamatz, that's for sure. Dhorme is a pushover, tank from behind and don't stun him. Have a stunner ready to hit Apademak when you pop so he doesn't level himself up and brew away, shouldn't even get off another spell or TP move before it's dead. Lock brew on the chest he drops or another ???, rinse and repeat. Bring a THF to poke them for you if you can. Make sure everyone else is passing your horns while you're locked, or lot quickly while you brew. There's not much else to do with cruor besides brew stuff, you can easily make more gil doing Dynamis than NPCing cruor gear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-07-01 14:57:05  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Lakshmi.Yumeara said:
Without giving leeway to rampant speculation I had assumed they wouldn't surpass 90 to allow dynamis relics the final upper hand.
Old ***becomes old, newer, better things come along, that's how it works.

No, that's actually not how it works, or they wouldn't have introduced sky/god/einherjar augments, augments to existing relics, and so on. They've already specifically said that relics will be upgraded to be at least on par with empyreans in future updates. The quote is in the relic/mythic topic on the official forums.
First Page 2 3 4 5