Is 85 > 90 Kannagi Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Is 85 > 90 kannagi worth it?
Is 85 > 90 kannagi worth it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pooman 2011-07-01 16:48:50  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
my average has parsed higher I dont have all my parses saved to post but honestly. all those spikes were from the same one orthus fight. how often do you see constant 4-6k's with your 85? Because it was noticeably different damage when I got the 90. I didn't get any new gear and I always used red curry.

Stop trying to argue that an 85 is decent enough because its not. Its an unfinished weapon and you should be doing nothing else with your free time then upgrading it to 90.

It's a game not a job so screw you. Do what I feel like doing.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-01 16:50:04  
Ragnarok.Kongming said:
Not sure if this has been thrown out there yet, but relics/mythics got a 15%(?) WS damage boost from 85>90; it's not out of the question that empyreans did too, though I doubt it.

25% for relic weapon skills, 15% for mythic weapon skills (with the aftermath effect increased per tier for mythics), empyreans remain untouched accordingly

here's hoping that by 99 amano gets a 75% boost and the x2.5 damage activation rate is 20-40% :D:D:D:D:D
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-01 16:50:40  
Pooman said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
my average has parsed higher I dont have all my parses saved to post but honestly. all those spikes were from the same one orthus fight. how often do you see constant 4-6k's with your 85? Because it was noticeably different damage when I got the 90. I didn't get any new gear and I always used red curry.

Stop trying to argue that an 85 is decent enough because its not. Its an unfinished weapon and you should be doing nothing else with your free time then upgrading it to 90.

You won't get laid with the ladies if you don't have a lv 90 Kannagi!
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-01 16:51:14  
Pooman said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:

Then stop wasting your money and just go do something else.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-07-01 16:53:55  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Pooman said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:

Exactly why i'm not doing it, theres more things i'd rather do than grind 1 NM for not a big increase. I'm pretty happy with my 3500 - 6000 Blade: Hi's, average for me is around 4-4.5k and im happy with that.
[+]
By Pooman 2011-07-01 16:54:57  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Pooman said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:

Because getting 85->90 emp is what I pay for, right?
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-07-01 16:56:25  
Lol at 2k increase from 3D. Some people are seriously confused by the word "average".
 Bahamut.Tajot
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-07-01 16:58:42  
All he's saying is if you put the time into a 85 why not 90 it? You're pointlessly arguing for no reason. Also Pooman, I'm sad to say Kajot did not get banned. Though I appreciate you trying.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-01 17:00:06  
Bahamut.Tajot said:
All he's saying is if you put the time into a 85 why not 90 it? You're pointlessly arguing for no reason. Also Pooman, I'm sad to say Kajot did not get banned. Though I appreciate you trying.

Because 90 is more of a timesink, and kinda pointless unless you're a gear perfectionist.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-01 17:02:33  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Lol at 2k increase from 3D. Some people are seriously confused by the word "average".
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-01 17:02:36  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Tajot said:

Because 90 is more of a timesink, and kinda pointless unless you're a gear perfectionist.
Not pointless; it's going to raise again, will need to 90 at some point

Just calling bs on the 2k increase
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-07-01 17:03:09  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Tajot said:

^what he said.

If you only get acouple of hours per night to play why waste it on upgrading a weapon when theres loads of other stuff you can do? just because you want a Lv90 version doesn't mean everyone will devote all their time to it
By Pooman 2011-07-01 17:03:51  
Bahamut.Tajot said:

All he's saying is that if you put the time into making an 85 you shouldn't do anything with your free time other than getting a 90 because the 3 damage and 5 agi will increase your damage by 50%~.

Also that's too bad. Tell him I send him my love.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-01 17:03:51  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Tajot said:

Not pointless; it's going to raise again, will need to 90 at some point

Just calling bs on the 2k increase

Maybe pointless was a strong word.

More like...

far from high priority.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-07-01 17:22:27  
Gonna be alot more of a time sink soon enough. Isn't 95 cap increase in Aug?
 Bahamut.Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-07-01 17:28:32  
Carbuncle.Axle said:

Census says 3,476 85 Kannagi, depending on the upgrade it should be interesting.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-01 17:29:38  
It is worth noting, if you have the gil to buy pops, 85>90 takes a lot less time than either of the previous trials.

I actually did all my horns through grabbing a couple friends and then shouting for members who needed SCH BLU DRK WAR Body seals as well as jewel/coin of ardor and Phurba. Would usually be able to get around 10 people easily each locking seperate things (2 on jewels). I would offer to buy people pops as I had the gil but asked if they were ok purchasing themselves that they would just buy it (this worked very well ha). I probably only spent about 2 mil on pops and it took me about five 2.5 hour runs (would get around 15 horns each run where would pop 10 mobs each).

As far as killing. Brd + rdm/blm can stun all spells easily (haste, marchX2, and some haste gear on rdm required). Nin + whm can duo easily assuming all spells are stunned, just make sure to fight him on his sides. Add a thf for TH and you have an easy 5 man group that can kill him. Happy hunting.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-01 17:33:33  
Carbuncle.Axle said:

Abyssea is over, I can't imagine the next trials are anything but "Do blade Hi on a bunch of ***".
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 17:35:40  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Abyssea is over, I can't imagine the next trials are anything but "Do blade Hi on a bunch of ***".
Could be Voidwatch stuff, with the new additions of content. And if it is, that would be really awesome (*'-') Could complete a lot of 95s at the same time.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-07-01 17:37:07  
Don't bother buying pops, You can find them Just as easily in chests whilst farming without lights.
When doing my 90 Kannagi, Sisyphus didnt put out once, one time we got Mythril ore though, I was quite chuffed.
 Bahamut.Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-07-01 17:38:34  
Doesn't change the fact that no one did the 90 upgrade because it was a miniscule upgrade and was a "timesink". Which is why Axle said what he said.
By Pooman 2011-07-01 17:45:33  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Could be Voidwatch stuff, with the new additions of content. And if it is, that would be really awesome (*'-') Could complete a lot of 95s at the same time.

Unless its something like, get 75 *item* from tier 4 voidwatch nm that has a (probably high) possibility of dropping said item.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-01 18:24:17  
When is the 95 update anyway?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-01 18:29:48  
August
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-01 18:40:48  
Really? I thought the whole earthquake thing slowed it all down.
By Norondor 2011-07-01 18:48:06  
Neither rain nor sleet etc.

Actually if anything slows them down i'd expect it to be the new MMO they're working on, but we don't know anything about that yet.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-01 20:31:34  
bosses keep their emps 85

all there is to it, essentially
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-01 20:42:29  
Damn I need to downgrade mine ASAP.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2011-07-01 20:59:55  
A little off-topic, but why do people assume SE is going to beef up relics past empyreans?

Quoted From the census:

"Let’s first take a look at relic weapons. The number of relic weapons acquired has increased from 3,985 at the time of the last census to a new total of 6,640, a strong indicator of their lasting popularity."

In other words, the difficulty in attaining relics is proportional to the reward. Increased popularity is all SE will use as an indicator.
First indicator to me, that relics will not be beefed.

"One reason for this popularity may be due to players being able to strengthen their weapons through Trial of the Magians, so that even now relic weapons can be heralded as among the most powerful in Vana’diel."

Look at the language of this statement.
"one reason for this popularity may be due"
In other words "we have no *** clue why people are still wasting their time on relics but its probably cuz they have some glimmer of hope that through the trial of magians they will surpass empyreans"
AND
"even now relic weapons".. this indicates that SE is not of the mindset that old > new, and on the contrary, new content and armor should always > old content and armor. that "even now" is a big indicator of what SE thinks of relics. "old garbage"

Finally
"This year, we researched the different stages and levels of strength and found that roughly half of relic weapon owners had upgraded their arms to level 90."
Meaning; Only 50% of people who attain the lvl75 final stage find the trial of magians upgrades worthy of their time.
50%... half of the people who own relics didn't bother upgrading them to 90. Probably because they realized how easy it was to attain a superior weapon; empyreans.