Is 85 > 90 Kannagi Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Is 85 > 90 kannagi worth it?
Is 85 > 90 kannagi worth it?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-01 15:07:57  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
your gimp until its 90. Its actually a nice damage increase. I was doing 2-4k on orthus now I do 4-6. I like the upgrade.
Not sure if serious...

Bismarck.Helel said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Lakshmi.Yumeara said:
Without giving leeway to rampant speculation I had assumed they wouldn't surpass 90 to allow dynamis relics the final upper hand.
Old ***becomes old, newer, better things come along, that's how it works.

No, that's actually not how it works, or they wouldn't have introduced sky/god/einherjar augments, augments to existing relics, and so on. They've already specifically said that relics will be upgraded to be at least on par with empyreans in future updates. The quote is in the relic/mythic topic on the official forums.
They only did that because too many people were used to the horizontal progression system that had been in place for years and QQ'd all over the damn place the moment we finally started seeing some significant vertical progression.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-01 15:09:30  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
your gimp until its 90. Its actually a nice damage increase. I was doing 2-4k on orthus now I do 4-6. I like the upgrade.
3 dmg 5 agi does not give you over a 2k increase in damage, sorry. You're bullshitting.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-07-01 15:12:58  
90 kannagi isn't a major breakthrough from the 85, but it's an upgrade nonetheless.
Regardless of that though, there isn't much difference between the 2~
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-01 15:26:37  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
3 dmg 5 agi does not give you over a 2k increase in damage, sorry. You're bullshitting.
Ok then someone with an 85 post them doing consitant 6k's on orthus? I have the SS's of my 90 doing that. I was never impressed by the damage of my kannagi until I got the 90. 3 base damage on a one-handed weapon is a big deal along with 5agi. people pay 10+ mil for 4 agi going from lithe >> Hachiryu, because it matters.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-01 15:33:12  
Phoenix.Deboro said:

Calling the *** as well. You probably had other upgrades and maybe better food.

Well there were two reasons I pushed my Kannagi to 90.

1. It gives you a better weapon rank, which in turn will increase your WS damage by a noticeable (albeit small) amount.

2. How will it feel being beaten at 95 by a Tobi +3's Blade: Hi? Really, how will it feel? (Overall DOT will never be beaten because of ODD)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-01 15:33:29  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Ok then someone with an 85 post them doing consitant 6k's on orthus? I have the SS's of my 90 doing that. I was never impressed by the damage of my kannagi until I got the 90. 3 base damage on a one-handed weapon is a big deal along with 5agi. people pay 10+ mil for 4 agi going from lithe >> Hachiryu, because it matters.

Post SS please.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-01 15:36:12  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Ok then someone with an 85 post them doing consitant 6k's on orthus? I have the SS's of my 90 doing that. I was never impressed by the damage of my kannagi until I got the 90. 3 base damage on a one-handed weapon is a big deal along with 5agi. people pay 10+ mil for 4 agi going from lithe >> Hachiryu, because it matters. they're *** stupid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-01 15:37:43  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
You don't pay 10 mil because it's going to give you a 500 DMG increase, you're paying that much because it's the best for inside (As well as Supply and Demand blah blah)
 Valefor.Rancor
サーバ: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2011-07-01 15:40:50  
Well, depends on following updates. Will an 85 weapon at lvl 99 be worth anything? Best answer is yes, because eventually it will be much better than the 85 one.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-07-01 15:52:32  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Ok then someone with an 85 post them doing consitant 6k's on orthus? I have the SS's of my 90 doing that. I was never impressed by the damage of my kannagi until I got the 90. 3 base damage on a one-handed weapon is a big deal along with 5agi. people pay 10+ mil for 4 agi going from lithe >> Hachiryu, because it matters. they're *** stupid.
lol'd

OP: HI!!!!
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-07-01 15:56:32  
Phoenix.Deboro said:

if you are doing below 5 K in abyssea you ARE Gimped >.>

Outside abyssea i normally do anywhere from 1,000 ~ 2,700 DMG

in abyssea = 3,000 ~ 7,000+
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-01 16:02:13  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:

[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-01 16:04:16  
Contradiction much?
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-07-01 16:05:04  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:

what the hell is that !?
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-01 16:05:57  
It's Captain Picard facepalming so hard, he erupted into hundreds of different facepalms, including himself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-07-01 16:12:35  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
It's Captain Picard facepalming so hard, he erupted into hundreds of different facepalms, including himself.

just no XD
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-01 16:18:55  
Cerberus.Tikal said:

just no XD
Actually, that's what it is. Look closer.
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-01 16:19:31  
Ok gimp's Specially Kuroganashi <- this idiot.

Pic #1.

Pick #2.

Post better numbers on these mobs or any other Hard boss mobs who dont take extra damage. And ill agree that my 90 was a waste of time and my 9mil I payed for perfect Hi set was a waste.

Until you can back up your idiotic claims stop posting.
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-07-01 16:24:47  
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-01 16:25:46  
the argument was averages, not peaks; i don't doubt you (or anyone) not being able to hit 6k with a lv90 kannagi and proper gear, but you surely aren't doing that every single time
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-01 16:27:35  
my average has parsed higher I dont have all my parses saved to post but honestly. all those spikes were from the same one orthus fight. how often do you see constant 4-6k's with your 85? Because it was noticeably different damage when I got the 90. I didn't get any new gear and I always used red curry.

Stop trying to argue that an 85 is decent enough because its not. Its an unfinished weapon and you should be doing nothing else with your free time then upgrading it to 90.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-01 16:31:20  
third damage is 5968. Are you really going to nit pick? lol. Im still waiting for all these 85's to post better numbers. or atleast the same.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-01 16:33:09  
Quote:
Post better numbers on these mobs or any other Hard boss mobs who dont take extra damage. And ill agree that my 90 was a waste of time and my 9mil I payed for perfect Hi set was a waste.
'
Never said it was a waste of time. I just said there's not THAT much of a diff. The same way that there isn't much of a diff between 85 and 90 vereth, but I still upgraded it. If you believe the numbers you posted (which were highs, not averages by the way) are not applicable with the lv 85 version, then you're an idiot.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-01 16:33:32  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Im still waiting for all these 85's to post better numbers. or atleast the same.

i don't recall anyone saying their lv85 would outperform a lv90 if they had it, but i do acknowledge you overstating your performance increase from completing the latest trial for the weapon (and people correcting you in-turn)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-07-01 16:34:50  
you're the one saying you got a 2k average increase going from 85->90. then you said it was because of your 10m hachi feets as well. now you're saying 4 ws's pasted together represent average ws dmg (hint: they don't).

between the moving of the goalposts and your claims i'm pretty sure the burden of proof is on you here.

or you could stop posting.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-07-01 16:42:33  
Not sure if this has been thrown out there yet, but relics/mythics got a 15%(?) WS damage boost from 85>90; it's not out of the question that empyreans did too, though I doubt it.
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-01 16:42:33  
Odin.Ryuotas said:
is the step up from 85 to 90 a make-or-break move? Not particularly..
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Atm it's a small improvement, though 85 users are a dime a dozen, I don't see people with 90 being the majority of owners.
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

the Lv85 version gives me good enough returns that it isnt the top of my to-do list atm.
Fenrir.Leoheart said:
90 kannagi isn't a major breakthrough from the 85, but it's an upgrade nonetheless.
Regardless of that though, there isn't much difference between the 2~
Most saying that its not an upgrade more of a sidegrade if you have the time. of course its Technically better its more damage and more agi but all these people seem content with the 85.

Shiva.Msthief said:

Calling the *** as well. You probably had other upgrades and maybe better food.

Well there were two reasons I pushed my Kannagi to 90.

1. It gives you a better weapon rank, which in turn will increase your WS damage by a noticeable (albeit small) amount.

2. How will it feel being beaten at 95 by a Tobi +3's Blade: Hi? Really, how will it feel? (Overall DOT will never be beaten because of ODD)

This is the end of the thread honestly. Only worthwhile thing posted.