フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM Gear Advice
WHM Gear Advice
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Revelation
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2011-05-27 10:37:04  
Tried looking through a few threads but at work ATM so don't have time to look dig through them.

Kinda new to WHM (or 90WHM rather) so could anyone post some gearsets for me?

Current Cure potentcy:

Not amazing, it's a WIP, but is there anything I'm doing wrong with this? Facio is Refresh and Cure Pot+13.

Also, what other gearsets are needed(enhancing, etc..)? Not really trying to be a top notch WHM(in terms of gear), but I want to be able to do my job right none the less.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 10:39:06  
Surya's staff +2 is currently the biggest improvement you can make to your build.

This would more less be the top Cure Potency build.

Edit: Other gearsets would be a Precast with -Cure casting time and Fast Cast, an Enhancing set for buffs, barspells, -na spells, an idle set, stoneskin set, HMP set, Convert set (if /Rdm), Devotion set.
 Asura.Revelation
サーバ: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2011-05-27 10:40:40  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Surya's staff +2 is currently the biggest improvement you can make to your build. This would more less be the top Cure Potency build.

Working on that ATM, about halfway through with trials.
 Odin.Gollum
user: Priscilia
By Odin.Gollum 2011-05-27 10:56:29  
I calculated this through a few weeks ago when I got my Serpentes Sabots finally (after weeks of unsuccessful camping ;_;). I have both: Serpentes Hands + Feet as well as the combination Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows. One should think that the huge amount of MND in the Augurs+Marduk Set should beat the 1% of cure potency in the Serpentes Set but truth be told, it does not. Serpentes Set actually beats the Cure numbers of Augur's+Marduk Set by the riddiculous amount of 5-10ish HP cured. I don't have the numbers around anymore but can do again and post them if you want/need. It's a tiny difference but thinking about how hard it is to get Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows compared to get the Serpentes Set (which in addition give you Refresh and Regen) I'd highly recommend use that Set over Augur's+Marduk.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 10:57:46  
This is a little outdate on Rings and stuff. But this is what I typically use on whm. I have +2 body but to keep 50% cure pot i'd have to use Rescuer Atma.

Rings now are either -Emn or Dark rings with PDT-5/MDT-6 and PDT-4/MDT-5.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2011-05-27 10:58:59  
Copypasta from another thread I posted in:

Cure Potency set
hMP+ set
Haste set
Fast Cast
Pre-cure cast set
Idle set
Enfeebling set
Stoneskin set
Enhancing magic set
Barspell set
Healing magic skill set
Regen Set
Repose Set
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 10:59:52  
Odin.Gollum said:
I calculated this through a few weeks ago when I got my Serpentes Sabots finally (after weeks of unsuccessful camping ;_;). I have both: Serpentes Hands + Feet as well as the combination Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows. One should think that the huge amount of MND in the Augurs+Marduk Set should beat the 1% of cure potency in the Serpentes Set but truth be told, it does not. Serpentes Set actually beats the Cure numbers of Augur's+Marduk Set by the riddiculous amount of 5-10ish HP cured. I don't have the numbers around anymore but can do again and post them if you want/need. It's a tiny difference but thinking about how hard it is to get Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows compared to get the Serpentes Set (which in addition give you Refresh and Regen) I'd highly recommend use that Set over Augur's+Marduk.
It all depends on if you can hit the magically number of 50% cure pot while using Augur/Marduk. If you can't then yes the Serp set will win.
 Odin.Gollum
user: Priscilia
By Odin.Gollum 2011-05-27 11:09:51  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Gollum said:
It all depends on if you can hit the magically number of 50% cure pot while using Augur/Marduk. If you can't then yes the Serp set will win.

If you want to take the advantage of the Orison Bliaud +2 so far you can only hit the 50% with: Surya's Staff +2, Orison Cap +2, Fylgja Torque +1, Orison Earring, Roundel Earring, Serpentes Cuffs, Orison Cape, Serpentes Sabots. If you go with Noble's/Aristocrat's/Facio to even out the possible lack of Roundel (which is damn hard enough to get due to its price) then yea I very much agree rather go with Augur's/Marduk's combo.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 11:18:42  
Odin.Gollum said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Gollum said:
If you want to take the advantage of the Orison Bliaud +2 so far you can only hit the 50% with: Surya's Staff +2, Orison Cap +2, Fylgja Torque +1, Orison Earring, Roundel Earring, Serpentes Cuffs, Orison Cape, Serpentes Sabots. If you go with Noble's/Aristocrat's/Facio to even out the possible lack of Roundel (which is damn hard enough to get due to its price) then yea I very much agree rather go with Augur's/Marduk's combo.
I understand how to take advantage of the +2 I just don't have the means. I dont have the gil to buy Roundel or Flygia+2 which would be the main cockblocks for me. I guess I could use rescuer atma but it seems so blah.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-27 11:22:39  
Could use Medicine Ring to offset the missing stuff assuming you carried stuff round to proc it (or didn't mind having low HP from cancelling cruor buff if you're inside abyssea)

Dunno how well it'd work out against other sets, but it's a viable option (at least imo)
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-27 12:04:02  
Actually guys, 49% Potency with Augurs/Marduk > 50% potency with Serpentes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 12:22:15  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Actually guys, 49% Potency with Augurs/Marduk > 50% potency with Serpentes.
Not that I will ever have Marduk's but really?
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-27 12:28:19  
Really
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 12:37:11  
I'm not sure I would have guessed that. I would have thought 1% Cure Pot > more Mnd.

But hell i've been wrong before.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-27 12:43:19  
Iirc the difference was something kinda silly too. Like 13 hp more
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-27 12:52:01  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

Something like that, but it's better nonetheless!
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 12:53:42  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
More than I would have thought. How do you feel about using Rescuer atma on whm to utilize body+2? Could it/would it be worth it for some of the spammier NMs?
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-27 12:55:58  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

Something like that, but it's better nonetheless!

Yup! Silly in a good way
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-27 12:59:05  

What I currently use for cures.

Silly necklace and blabla, keeping them a bit gimp because of inventory-issues and partially lazyness!

But yeah, medicine ring is really easy to proc now and should'nt be overlooked.
It's a very handy ring!
Sure, a set with roundel earring is better, but compare the costs.
I dont really feel like dishing out 10m for a sidegrade.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 13:01:57  
How do you keep the latent tho..with natural regen..doesn't it well..get annoying. Imma gimp and I play on 360 so I don't have SC or windower macro's.

It might be something I should look into..
 Gilgamesh.Rya
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: TheRya
By Gilgamesh.Rya 2011-05-27 13:05:01  
Furen's Cure Calculator:
S: 100mnd + 100vit + 350skill + 50pot = 51,144,298,601,1047
A: 117mnd + 100vit + 350skill + 49pot = 50,143,299,603,1053
Serpy wins: 1,2
Auduk wins: 3,4,5

S: 150mnd + 150vit + 400skill + 50pot = 54,148,310,628,1108
A: 167mnd + 150vit + 400skill + 49pot = 53,149,309,630,1114
Serpy wins: 1,3
Auduk wins: 2,4,5

S: 250mnd + 250vit + 400skill + 50pot = 60,157,330,675,1215
A: 267mnd + 250vit + 400skill + 49pot = 59,156,329,674,1218
Serpy wins: 1,2,3,4
Auduk wins: 5

Some say Serpy wins, some say Augduk, both are right! :)

It depends on your "BC Frac" (how close you are to the next whole number), which is a visible option on Furen's. You will need to run your own stats to find out which is better, but it's safe to say they are extremely close.

EDIT: Did I get the nubmers right? 1% pot Vs. 17mnd? If not lemme know and I can re-run them ... but so can anyone else, now that I posted the link to Furen's /wink :)
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-27 13:11:42  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
More than I would have thought. How do you feel about using Rescuer atma on whm to utilize body+2? Could it/would it be worth it for some of the spammier NMs?

Hmm. Would depend how much cure potency you are missing. If it is just the 1%, not at all worth it. If it is 3 or more it might be. Personally at 49% with the item set Sheelay provided, I stack mind atmas. So undying, allure, and then minikin for refresh.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 13:12:53  
Where are the cure 6 numbers!!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-27 13:14:34  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
How do you keep the latent tho..with natural regen..doesn't it well..get annoying. Imma gimp and I play on 360 so I don't have SC or windower macro's.

Can probably get enough -hp with 1 normal macro these days.
Just push it once in awhile, should be enough I guess.
I leveled WHM recently, so I've only used it with spellcast.

I did use Sorc ring on BLM without spellcast for a long time tho, and that worked out ok, just got a bit annoying at times when people spamcured me for no reason :P
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 13:15:06  
Bahamut.Zorander said:

Hi5 ! I'm on XBox too.

The Regen isn't too bad. I've found myself having little trouble bumping my HP down with just Zenith slacks and crown, Serket/Ethereal rings, Morgana's choker and Rostrum pumps.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 13:15:16  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Hmm. Would depend how much cure potency you are missing. If it is just the 1%, not at all worth it. If it is 3 or more it might be. Personally at 49% with the item set Sheelay provided, I stack mind atmas. So undying, allure, and then minikin for refresh.
I would be the full 10% off (basically taking Nobles out and adding +2) and rescuer would give me that 10% back.

Lately on whm i've been using MM, Apoc, and Perfect Attendance for atma's.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-27 13:16:07  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:

Hi5 ! I'm on XBox too.

The Regen isn't too bad. I've found myself having little trouble bumping my HP down with just Zenith slacks and crown, Serket/Ethereal rings, Morgana's choker and Rostrum pumps.

There are feet with -70hp now too, and bifrost ring + the -45hp earring.
Those 3 alone take you down a good amount.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-27 13:22:42  
Dammit all of you! Now you've gotten me thinking about getting the damn latent ring.

I'll have to dig around in porter moogle today to see what -hp gear I have to proc latent.

Edit: Oh sweet my new Dalmatica is useful!!
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-27 13:26:07  
Odin.Gollum said:

Proof please, this seems hard to believe we looked into these numbers a long time ago.

17 MND and 5 Healing Magic Skill vs 1% Cure Potency?

PS, we're talking about Cure V and VI the Cures without the MND caps besides who the hell uses Cure 1/2/3? I rarely use 4.
First Page 2 3 4 5