フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM Gear Advice
WHM Gear Advice
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-27 13:34:37  
Odin.Gollum said:

If you want to take the advantage of the Orison Bliaud +2 so far you can only hit the 50% with: Surya's Staff +2, Orison Cap +2, Fylgja Torque +1, Orison Earring, Roundel Earring, Serpentes Cuffs, Orison Cape, Serpentes Sabots.

Not true, we can now hit a true 50% and get the benefit of AF3+2 Body

obvious caveat is need a sub that can DW.

If not using a sub that can DW then the best out there while benefiting from AF3+2 bonus and not using healing feather or med ring is still as Sheelay pointed out (able to swap ammo/sub/belt)

Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 13:34:55  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Dammit all of you! Now you've gotten me thinking about getting the damn latent ring.

I'll have to dig around in porter moogle today to see what -hp gear I have to proc latent.

Edit: Oh sweet my new Dalmatica is useful!!

I'm really bored so here's all the gear you can get to -HP

-590 HP LOL
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-27 13:39:47  
Asura.Revelation said:

Current Cure potentcy:

Not amazing, it's a WIP, but is there anything I'm doing wrong with this? Facio is Refresh and Cure Pot+13.

OP first thing I wanted to point out to you is you should only precast in that earring and ammo then switch to MND+ like star earring or Aqua Satchet cheap/easy to get. Also of course get some MND rings you can get some cheap +4s or +5s until you can get your hands on a +7
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-05-27 15:34:12  
i'm also wondering about atmas, i've been lvling whm to join seal shouts and also to help out on healing.

atm i only have MM and fallen one that are useful on whm, which should i aim for?
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-05-27 15:38:53  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Dammit all of you! Now you've gotten me thinking about getting the damn latent ring.

I'll have to dig around in porter moogle today to see what -hp gear I have to proc latent.

Edit: Oh sweet my new Dalmatica is useful!!

I'm really bored so here's all the gear you can get to -HP

-590 HP LOL

cassie earring is 50mp -> 50hp so it is not a -hp equip lol
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-05-27 15:40:54  
what about the mage RSE gloves? especially galka's, dont they have a large amount of HP-?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-27 15:42:05  
i wouldn't bother with marginal things like sachet or star earring personally, fastcast affects both cast time and recasts. so you don't reap nothing from the fast cast.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-27 15:43:17  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
i'm also wondering about atmas, i've been lvling whm to join seal shouts and also to help out on healing.

atm i only have MM and fallen one that are useful on whm, which should i aim for?
i usually do mm/ambition/apoc, sometimes i use vv instead of apoc. if i had perfect attendance i'd probably use that sometimes too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-27 21:56:13  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

i usually do mm/ambition/apoc, sometimes i use vv instead of apoc. if i had perfect attendance i'd probably use that sometimes too.

This. If I don't need Apoc or VV I'll go with Perfect Attendance. The Refresh is overkill, but whatever I can Cure VI whenever cureskin wears off and be a boss.

If you're lacking cure potency, I'd do MM/Ambition/curepotencyatma. But seriously though get a Medicine Ring. D:

Edit: I like to cure in -ENM over MND since I rarely cure the full amount anyway, and I spam cures like it's going out of style. -ENM items are also waaaay cheaper.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-27 23:37:59  
OP: About one month ago I "upgraded" to +2 Emp body and degraded my potency from 50 to 41% from Noble's. I now have 49% potency with Roundel and Fylgja +1. The difference, I'm sorry to say, isn't that noticeable at all - this is entirely on my mule so I notice these things on my Nin main which is always tanking. Personally, I'd recommend sticking with your potency body and ignoring Emp +2 body or going with Rescuer. I prefer using Allure in there because the -enmity you have with that, minikin, merits, and gear makes cure5 less hate than ANY nin debuff (big deal in my book). Good luck.

Question: Is there a cap to -enmity?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-28 00:01:09  
-50 Emnity is cap +100 is cap. This will half and double your emnity respectively.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-29 09:23:45  
A few additions/updates to Vileplume's linked sets:

It's merely a list of sets/items which I think would fit the situation/slot best.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-29 09:37:37  
O yeah, that Divine set was mainly to list the gear affecting skill for Repose. I wasn't thinking about a Divine nuking build hehe. Of course you can add a lot of Macc or Haste, depending on needs, where empty slots were left
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-29 10:14:03  
Eited with WHM Divine Nuking build XD

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-30 11:25:28  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I would still use twilight cloak over those two but looks good

Agreed and edited on set

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-30 13:03:48  
Silly me for thinking WHM could wield a staff.. o wait.. WTH SE !!!

lvl 90 Gambanteinn isn't too shabby either though, and it actually helps balance the HP>MP conversion out.
Edited sets

Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-04 11:53:55  
Gunna quote myself like a boss real fast.
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Gollum said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Gollum said:
I calculated this through a few weeks ago when I got my Serpentes Sabots finally (after weeks of unsuccessful camping ;_;). I have both: Serpentes Hands + Feet as well as the combination Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows. One should think that the huge amount of MND in the Augurs+Marduk Set should beat the 1% of cure potency in the Serpentes Set but truth be told, it does not. Serpentes Set actually beats the Cure numbers of Augur's+Marduk Set by the riddiculous amount of 5-10ish HP cured. I don't have the numbers around anymore but can do again and post them if you want/need. It's a tiny difference but thinking about how hard it is to get Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows compared to get the Serpentes Set (which in addition give you Refresh and Regen) I'd highly recommend use that Set over Augur's+Marduk.
It all depends on if you can hit the magically number of 50% cure pot while using Augur/Marduk. If you can't then yes the Serp set will win.
If you want to take the advantage of the Orison Bliaud +2 so far you can only hit the 50% with: Surya's Staff +2, Orison Cap +2, Fylgja Torque +1, Orison Earring, Roundel Earring, Serpentes Cuffs, Orison Cape, Serpentes Sabots. If you go with Noble's/Aristocrat's/Facio to even out the possible lack of Roundel (which is damn hard enough to get due to its price) then yea I very much agree rather go with Augur's/Marduk's combo.
I understand how to take advantage of the +2 I just don't have the means. I dont have the gil to buy Roundel or Flygia+2 which would be the main cockblocks for me. I guess I could use rescuer atma but it seems so blah.
So it turns out that I was wrong and got myself a Roundel Earring or 6 yesterday. Fylgja+1 is still out of the question for now. Which would be better 49% cure pot with Orison+2 body or 50% with Noble's?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-04 12:02:37  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Gunna quote myself like a boss real fast.
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Gollum said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Gollum said:
I calculated this through a few weeks ago when I got my Serpentes Sabots finally (after weeks of unsuccessful camping ;_;). I have both: Serpentes Hands + Feet as well as the combination Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows. One should think that the huge amount of MND in the Augurs+Marduk Set should beat the 1% of cure potency in the Serpentes Set but truth be told, it does not. Serpentes Set actually beats the Cure numbers of Augur's+Marduk Set by the riddiculous amount of 5-10ish HP cured. I don't have the numbers around anymore but can do again and post them if you want/need. It's a tiny difference but thinking about how hard it is to get Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows compared to get the Serpentes Set (which in addition give you Refresh and Regen) I'd highly recommend use that Set over Augur's+Marduk.
It all depends on if you can hit the magically number of 50% cure pot while using Augur/Marduk. If you can't then yes the Serp set will win.
If you want to take the advantage of the Orison Bliaud +2 so far you can only hit the 50% with: Surya's Staff +2, Orison Cap +2, Fylgja Torque +1, Orison Earring, Roundel Earring, Serpentes Cuffs, Orison Cape, Serpentes Sabots. If you go with Noble's/Aristocrat's/Facio to even out the possible lack of Roundel (which is damn hard enough to get due to its price) then yea I very much agree rather go with Augur's/Marduk's combo.
I understand how to take advantage of the +2 I just don't have the means. I dont have the gil to buy Roundel or Flygia+2 which would be the main cockblocks for me. I guess I could use rescuer atma but it seems so blah.
So it turns out that I was wrong and got myself a Roundel Earring or 6 yesterday. Fylgja+1 is still out of the question for now. Which would be better 49% cure pot with Orison+2 body or 50% with Noble's?

49% with +2 body
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-04 12:07:07  
Yeah..I'm not really sure why I even asked.
[+]
By Mahoro577 2011-06-04 12:14:11  
Sigh, wish SE would put in more macro spaces. I don't use Spellcast so I can only really switch in 5 pieces of gear per action, unless I want to use /macro book 2 etc. but sometimes that gets me lag.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Prometheus
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Prometheus 2011-06-04 12:28:25  
As an elvaan with 4/4 merit abyssites it seems basically impossible to get to the HP- mark for latent if I use the HP cruor buff. The other day I accidentally cancelled my cruor HP buff and lost it for a second and then it came back but my HP was down. It seems kind of funny but if you think about it just do that every once in a while and don't cure yourself and you'll be pretty good on latent. I need to verify it, but maybe it would be worth getting the HP buff just to get a quick hp-50%.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-04 12:33:36  
I play on the 360..I don't have access to windower macro's or spellcast..

If freakin only.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-06-04 13:18:31  
I play on 360 too but this might be helpful:

http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Samurai:_Extended_macros_for_non_windower_user%27s.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-04 13:19:13  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

MM/Ambition/apoc is my fav.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-04 13:32:35  
Im going to switch from Perfect Attendance to Allure. I was getting out cure'd by 50 on cure5 and almost 100 on cure6. Both of us had 50% cure potency but I was using PA and he was using Allure.

I need to update my whm soon. I wasn't going to official gear it but since I have Roundel now I think i'm going too.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-04 13:36:34  
Oooh I have another question for you whm's out there..

For Barspell which is better.
Casting in AF2 Legs or Af3+2 legs/Body/Head(all I have of the set atm.)

I know set bonus can nullify damage taken but doesn't proc often. So in the long run which is better?