フォーラム » FFXI » General » heres a thought
heres a thought
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-28 19:43:03  
well im reaaally bored lfp in the dunes lol anways i think SE should make like a second area that is like the dunes but for veteran plays and one day they should just nuke the dunes with all the noobs
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-28 19:45:17  
Brilliant.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-28 19:48:31  
it will solve the noob parties in the dunes where you die all the time and end up leaving with less exp then your started with lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-28 19:50:47  
And you would define veteran how?
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-28 19:54:27  
idk have to been playing for 2yrs and have a 65+ job with rank 6
 Asura.Bodhisattvah
By Asura.Bodhisattvah 2009-03-28 19:56:39  
Or you could, you know, accept that people playing in dunes have just hit level 10 on that job, possibly for the first or second job they've ever played, and definitely won't be perfect at it or the game as a whole quite yet. Dunes is a good place to get a grip on party settings and work out the kinks of your job. Patience is a virtue, after all.

Or you can be an elitist and only level with other super-1337 players by making your own party of people who are all above rank 5 or something. There's plenty of ways to deal with the "noobs" that plague areas like Valkurm and Qufim, but acting like you're above them isn't going to make them any better at FFXI.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-28 19:57:42  
well im not above them lol im just bored
 Asura.Bodhisattvah
By Asura.Bodhisattvah 2009-03-28 20:06:16  
Ha, perfectly understandable. I'm sure everybody has had at least one idle thought along the lines of "We should nuke all the nubs."
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-28 20:07:29  
Elvaton said:

I get that you don't mean to be, but it does come off very elitist. What about the people who have been playing, say, 18 months and have 1 75, working on a second? I know people who took around 2 years to get their first 75, what about them? Any definition of veteran will be arbitrary and will inevitably leave out players who might well be more skilled than some of the "veteran" players.
Doesn't affect me much, though... I generally solo to 20 now.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-28 20:16:07  
all of this is a joke ive been playing for 3yrs and my highest job is 66 lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-28 20:20:39  
Ah, ok XD
 Asura.Deemos
By Asura.Deemos 2009-03-28 20:34:02  
Elvaton said:
well im reaaally bored lfp in the dunes lol anways i think SE should make like a second area that is like the dunes but for veteran plays and one day they should just nuke the dunes with all the noobs

Buburimu Peninsula

Same thing as dunes, and always empty, make a "vet" pt yourself and go there instead.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-28 20:42:44  
i want a new kool zone for vets only and we kill noobs for xp lol or gilsellers
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-28 20:47:04  
Elvaton said:
i want a new kool zone for vets only and we kill noobs for xp lol or gilsellers

Play WoW, thats all they do now anyway
 Asura.Deemos
By Asura.Deemos 2009-03-28 20:51:14  
Korpg said:

Play WoW

User submitted image
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-28 20:58:32  
wow is for loser
 Titan.Nightweaver
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Nightweaver 2009-03-28 21:04:16  
We were all "noobs" once. Everybody has to learn somehow. If you act like an *** from the time you start playing though, generally you're going to be one no matter what level or rank you are. Can't deal with new people in FFXI? Blacklist them or go level somewhere else.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-28 21:17:05  
Nightfyre said:
I know people who took around 2 years to get their first 75

***, I've been playing 3 and still haven't gotten there yet, although I AM close now.

In my defense though, I don't get into the "full party max exp/hour thing"...more of a duo/trio "lets see how well these two or three jobs compliment each other", slowly but surely kinda attitude lol

Besides, doesn't anyone else enjoy accomplishing something with 3 people that most will only try with 6? ^^
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-28 21:18:34  
Real veteran players solo to 20.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-28 22:05:02  
Bleedingwulf said:

Real veteran players have all their jobs to 66 or higher <_<

That makes me soooo not a veteran :D
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-28 22:06:57  
Elvaton said:
idk have to been playing for 2yrs and have a 65+ job with rank 6

There is everything wrong with that statement. I have been playing 10 months and want to cut myself when I don't wear all +1s at all levels. I just got rank 6 about a month ago even. Meanwhile I have friends that started a month ago and are rank 9 and have no job past 30.

Edit: DOWN WITH RANK!
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-28 22:06:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Dunes isn't so bad with FoV bonuses now.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-28 22:07:25  
Blazza said:
Bleedingwulf said:

Thats not true

There are account buyers who have multiple 75s, but they still don't know how to play their jobs

Then there is level sync, which makes everyone with Maat's Cap semi-noobish (unless you acutually leveled those jobs the proper, or the party way, like before level sync).

Astral Burns make noobs out of everyone.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-28 22:12:12  
real veteran players have quit because they can't find something else to do in the game
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-28 22:14:00  
Let's stop debating about what makes a veteran player.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-28 22:15:13  
Korpg said:
Blazza said:
Bleedingwulf said:

Thats not true

There are account buyers who have multiple 75s, but they still don't know how to play their jobs

Then there is level sync, which makes everyone with Maat's Cap semi-noobish (unless you acutually leveled those jobs the proper, or the party way, like before level sync).

Astral Burns make noobs out of everyone.

I was joking <_<

However one Maat's cap owner in my shell is extremely good at a few of her jobs and pretty decent at all of them.
Another few people who are going for the cap by any means necessary also each have a few jobs that they are really good at.
I do agree with you to a certain point though, but as long as people level any job they actually want to use the normal way, instead of astral burning it to 75, it really shouldn't be an issue.
Having said that, I know people that have levelled multiple jobs to 75 the normal way and suck hard at all of them. *shrug*
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-28 22:23:55

Nightfyre said:
Elvaton said:

I get that you don't mean to be, but it does come off very elitist. What about the people who have been playing, say, 18 months and have 1 75, working on a second? I know people who took around 2 years to get their first 75, what about them? Any definition of veteran will be arbitrary and will inevitably leave out players who might well be more skilled than some of the "veteran" players.
Doesn't affect me much, though... I generally solo to 20 now.

This is very true, took me like over a year to get 1 job to 75, I've been playing since I was 13, I'm now 18 with 4 jobs to 75...el oh els
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-03-28 23:10:42  
Ive been playing for about 3 years now, with one 75. Now admittedly this is on a new more successful player- since i found out what i liked best on my first. Now i know from experience the number of 75s a person has, or how long they have been playing, really doesnt make much a differnce. only thier own dedication to the game can influence their skill.

On a side note, if you can tell that someone is a "noob", (i hate that word btw) For god sakes GIVE THEM SOME HELP! how are they ever going to learn if all the said "veterans" (jerks) never help them out? even if its a simple suggestion in a party... dont just insult how they play and disband.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-28 23:14:20

Yeah whenever a newer player asks me a question I usually try to help them as best as I can, not to mention for the past two Christmas's that have occurred I've given out Gil to newer players just to help them out, around 200k this year, I guess I just never want ffxi to die so I try to help the new players stay by giving them Gil on Christmas which is when I think alot of new people obviously come into the game, but ffxi will eventually die, then I will commit suicide?
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-28 23:16:26  
Reublucian said:
Yeah whenever a newer player asks me a question I usually try to help them as best as I can, not to mention for the past two Christmas's that have occurred I've given out Gil to newer players just to help them out, around 200k this year, I guess I just never want ffxi to die so I try to help the new players stay by giving them Gil on Christmas which is when I think alot of new people obviously come into the game, but ffxi will eventually die,
then I will commit suicide?

I think we gots a problem 'ere
First Page 2 3 4 5