Asura.Reublucian
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-29 18:46:06
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Alexanderofodin said:
Reublucian said:
Yeah I tried WoW because I'm not the type to say something sucks without trying it. People aren't kidding when they say the player base is like 12 year olds. Everyone acts like immature children with down syndrome and the game is just lame sauce.

ftw

You are ftw!
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-29 18:48:17  
needs to get WoW design team and FFXI design team to have chats, the two games have a lot they could/should share... but the player base... GTF OFF MY BODY YOU DEATHCAMPING LITTLE SHITZ!!
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-29 18:58:29

Kyaaadaa said:
needs to get WoW design team and FFXI design team to have chats, the two games have a lot they could/should share... but the player base... GTF OFF MY BODY YOU DEATHCAMPING LITTLE SHITZ!!

I don't really see anything topping FFXI except that our PvP is *** weak compared to WoW's, I'm enough of a big boy to admit that, despite being a FFXI fanboy9000
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-29 19:24:40  
Reublucian said:

I don't really see anything topping FFXI

You need to play more games then... Lot of things sucks on FF XI beside PvP. Overall it's a great game, but could be way better.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-29 19:32:52

Antipika said:
Reublucian said:

You need to play more games then... Lot of things sucks on FF XI beside PvP. Overall it's a great game, but could be way better.

Not gonna argue with you I'm just stating my opinion, I tried WoW,Guild Wars, City oh Heroes ( enjoyed this one a bit ), Lineage II, and out of all those FFXI still reigned supreme in my eyes, but again that's just my opinion. Of course every gay has it's flaws and feats, It's not like I didn't try other games lol.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-29 19:35:09  
Reublucian said:
Antipika said:
Reublucian said:

Not gonna argue with you I'm just stating my opinion, I tried WoW,Guild Wars, City oh Heroes ( enjoyed this one a bit ), Lineage II, and out of all those FFXI still reigned supreme in my eyes, but again that's just my opinion. Of course every gay has it's flaws and feats, It's not like I didn't try other games lol.

Que?
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-29 19:36:13

Aye, we play a game because of what it is. If I was obsessed with PvP I'd probably be playing WoW instead. But frankly I prefer to play FFXI for the simple fact that it's Final Fantasy; and as a result has superior story, music, and over atmosphere and feel to playing it imo.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-29 19:36:57

Ludoggy said:
Reublucian said:
Antipika said:
Reublucian said:

Que?

How did I type that...>.< I meant game lmao
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-29 19:37:50  
Reublucian said:
Antipika said:
Reublucian said:

You played all these game and the only thing you find bad on FF XI is PvP ?

Let's start with something obvious : Game interface.

Don't tell me than FF XI interface is decent lol :< And I'm talking about native interface, without windower plugins. It's ugly (look at these buffs icons duh), not functional (all buff looks the same), equipment interface is annoying to use, macros as well especially for mage jobs (thanks spellcast really :<), logs could be way better, communication system is made of fail (no general channel, no trade channel), /sea system could be revamped, no in game tools for linkshell administration beside a small /lsmes...
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-29 19:39:44

Antipika said:
Reublucian said:
Antipika said:
Reublucian said:

Don't tell me than FF XI interface is decent lol :< And I'm talking about native interface, without windower plugins. It's ugly (look at these buffs icons duh), not functional (all buff looks the same).

Uhh I've played on Xbox 360 and Ps2 for 5 years, never even tried it on Pc, so I've never even used Windower, I really don't have much to complain about with FFXI interface..Doesn't really affect me playing the game. lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-29 19:40:29  
Antipika said:
Reublucian said:
Antipika said:
Reublucian said:

Don't tell me than FF XI interface is decent lol :< And I'm talking about native interface, without windower plugins. It's ugly (look at these buffs icons duh), not functional (all buff looks the same).

I've played all those games and more and FFXI's UI is still my favorite...
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-29 19:44:15  
Reublucian said:
[
Uhh I've played on Xbox 360 and Ps2 for 5 years, never even tried it on Pc, so I've never even used Windower, I really don't have much to complain about with FFXI interface..Doesn't really affect me playing the game. lol

Not affecting you is one thing, but recognizing that native interface is really gimp is another thing :p If you have so many players using windower and these plugins there's a reason. If the native interface would be as perfect as you describe it, nobody would use plugins.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-29 19:52:03  
Antipika said:
Reublucian said:
[

Not affecting you is one thing, but recognizing that native interface is really gimp is another thing :p If you have so many players using windower and these plugins there's a reason. If the native interface would be as perfect as you describe it, nobody would use plugins.

It's cause they are cheaters =O
They want to know if a mob is IT without having to check, or how long my protect is going to last or where the G-spot is for Ranged attacks,
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-29 19:52:40

Antipika said:
Reublucian said:
[

I'm not describing anything all I'm saying is I've never used windower and I don't need to because there's nothing wrong with the interface that will have an impact on my playing.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-29 20:04:04  
Ludoggy said:

It's cause they are cheaters =O

More like because the interface is pretty bad. You're talking about G-spot for ranged attacks, so referring to distance I assume. FF XI got an in-game radar right ? How come that radar is difficult to read (especially at lower resolution) ? Nobody would use Distance if the radar would work properly :d Things like MP for alliance'd players should be displayed natively for example. Well ima not list all windower plugins one by one, but then again they exists because the native interface lacks of most today's basic functionality in a MMO.

Reublucian said:

I'm not describing anything all I'm saying is I've never used windower and I don't need to because there's nothing wrong with the interface that will have an impact on my playing.

Well do you use FF XIah then ? I suppose you do right ? Meaning you use a 3rd party website for something that could be done in game (Wanted item) because the interface don't allow it (seacom being erased everytime you log off, no bulletin board in game etc...).
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-29 20:10:09  
I never needed the radar or the plugin to find the spot. Everyone is either lazy or cheats! =o
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-29 20:13:11  
Ludoggy said:
I never needed the radar or the plugin to find the spot. Everyone is either lazy or cheats! =o

I wish I could be as skilled as you ; ;
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-29 20:32:36  
Antipika said:

Level COR before levelling RNG. RNG's "Sweet Spot" is the same distance as a COR roll, which by 75, you'll have mastered... Looking at your jobs, I'd say you... Oh...

Whoops!
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-29 20:39:55  
Wooooodum said:
Antipika said:

Level COR before levelling RNG. RNG's "Sweet Spot" is the same distance as a COR roll, which by 75, you'll have mastered... Looking at your jobs, I'd say you... Oh...

Whoops!

Try mastering the 20.0 < x < max cast distance as a mage :)
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-29 20:41:00  
Wooooodum said:
Antipika said:

Whoops!

The spot moves depending on the weapon used. Bow being the farthest and Gun being the closest.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-29 20:42:45  
Well I meant Archery, since I mentioned I levelled COR, I'd assume you'd assume I knew the Gun sweet spot already :p

Antipika said:
Try mastering the 20.0 < x < max cast distance as a mage :)

I fail miserabely that as you've probably seen by now in Dynamis. Got magic aggro distance sussed though, it's a lot easier than people think to learn when it's "Move back enough or die to that statue over thar".
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-29 20:47:35  
lol i love what this forum started and what its at now
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-29 20:49:14  
Wooooodum said:

I fail miserabely that as you've probably seen by now in Dynamis. Got magic aggro distance sussed though, it's a lot easier than people think to learn when it's "Move back enough or die to that statue over thar".

You simply cannot do it in real time without plugins :s Mobs constantly moving, need to replace yourself, doing this with the radar is impossible, especially if mobs ain't engaged :s As for magic aggro distance you mean max cast range ? Well you still ask others (i.e player using plugins) to place BLMs for timenuke and when you do it yourself, you have to double check using a nuke > canceling, before calling time, which show that the game interface isn't fulfilling its role correctly :)

Elvaton said:
lol i love what this forum started and what its at now

This is a thread. And yeah it derail'd. NA/UK/France back2back combo, what do you expect.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-29 20:49:28  
A random thought lead to a random thread full of... Well, I don't even know what we're talking about anymore.

You must be proud!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-29 20:50:35  
Antipika said:
Well you still ask others (i.e player using plugins) to place BLMs for timenuke and when you do it yourself, you have to double check using a nuke > canceling, before calling time, which show that the game interface isn't fulfilling its role correctly :)

What the hell, tell the whole internets why not? ><

I would not bother were it not for the fact that half of the Dark Kindred would have us for breakfast if I were wrong :p
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-29 20:52:06  
Wooooodum said:
Antipika said:
Well you still ask others (i.e player using plugins) to place BLMs for timenuke and when you do it yourself, you have to double check using a nuke > canceling, before calling time, which show that the game interface isn't fulfilling its role correctly :)

What the hell, tell the whole internets why not? ><

I would not bother were it not for the fact that half of the Dark Kindred would have us for breakfast if I were wrong :p

Well if you had answered me on MSN, i would have answered there ! As for the whole internet ; ; It's FF XI AH come on :<
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-29 20:53:15  
i am proud i got bored last night and this got me unbored and is fun to reade lol
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-29 20:55:06  
User submitted image
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-29 20:56:40  
lmao that about sums things up