Job Adjustments And Additions: What Next? What Do You Hope For?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: What next? What do you hope for?
Job Adjustments and Additions: What next? What do you hope for?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Okay, so, SE is making it sound like they're updating several jobs - what ones do you think they're going to update?

What do you hope they add to jobs?

Personally, I'd like to see a COR or RDM update, but it probably won't happen...

RDM: More DD/tanking-related Spells and/or job abilities. Access to more tanking/DD gear.

COR: Dual-wield guns, new Quick Draw or Quick Draw-related abilities, a movement speed roll, change rolls up @ a time to 4 per COR, lower Phantom Roll Recast, add a Pianissimo-type move for COR.

I think NIN & BST are in need of some updating too...
 Asura.Pesmerga
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Pesmerga 2009-03-26 17:16:05  
I wish NIN would get an update.

But that's never gonna' happen. lolnin.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-26 17:18:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I seriously do not think Rdm needs an update at all. They are still that job that can solo the hell out of almost anything.

Dual guns...lol. Would be an interesting sight, but no slot to even have another ranged weapon. As much as I'd love for a movement speed roll, something tells me it would make kiting easy as hell, since it would be instant use and last for 5+ minutes.

Gib Blu spells from mobs we still don't have any moves from c.c
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-03-26 17:21:25  
bst just needs the jugs in dats b activated and them to cap at 75 and for them give us more charmable mobs maybe some the ones they took away years ago. umm mnk could use someloving to not a joke ja like footwork..
 Garuda.Mineyl
サーバ: Garuda
user: Mineyl
By Garuda.Mineyl 2009-03-26 17:21:52  
Remember when they first announced job updates for this patch? There was a picture of three Tarutaru equipped with robes corresponding to the three primary mages' colors (white, black, and red). These three jobs.

Not really hoping for anything other than good updates for BLM as I'm gonna' level it soon. Would be nice to not have to solo to 75, practically.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-26 17:23:16  
Biased wish, because I am a Paladin: Give me some Dread Spikes. As of now, DRK gets Dread Spikes (restores HP based on the amount of damage dealt) and Paladin gets Reprisal (damages mob based on the amount of damage taken). It makes sense, but I think PLDs would benefit from a bit of HP, too!
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-26 17:24:03  
Give SMN more summons, too! I know they've been pining away for a new one. :)

Haseyo said:
As much as I'd love for a movement speed roll, something tells me it would make kiting easy as hell, since it would be instant use and last for 5+ minutes.

I bet if SE released one, they'd make it like Sprinters shoes - do anything offensive/get attacked and bye-bye movement speed. =/

Dual guns would probably have to be a totally new item altogether. >.> Though, Dual wielding Martial Gun & Coffinmaker (Or Death Penalty & Martial Gun) would be *** sweet. >_> Maybe I just play too much Devil may Cry, though. ^^

Give BLU Gate of Hades!!

EDIT: More avatars yes please. -.- around the time Dark Ixion was released, they hinted they were bringing two more avatars didn't they?
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-26 17:25:03  
blu get more spells
ninja get merits that are actually worth meriting >.>
jubaku ni
smn new avatar
only a few things i want to see =/
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-26 17:28:28  
Aledacia said:
Give BLU Gate of Hades!!

knowing SE it would cost 400 mp and do no damage at all =/ think about this.. exuviation for wamouras recovers 10k+ hp and gets rid of all thier status effects.. for a blu we get barely any hp back from it =/
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-03-26 17:28:37  
u forgeting they did add anew avatyar that lil pony thing that runs around the place and in campain :D
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-26 17:33:03

Aledacia said:
Haseyo said:
As much as I'd love for a movement speed roll, something tells me it would make kiting easy as hell, since it would be instant use and last for 5+ minutes.

I bet if SE released one, they'd make it like Sprinters shoes - do anything offensive/get attacked and bye-bye movement speed. =/

Oh I'd love it for basic traveling, lol.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-26 17:34:53  
Haseyo said:
Aledacia said:
Haseyo said:

Yeah, I gotta admit I *** LOVE Chocobo Jig, when I'm not DNC I feel like I'm crawling lol
 Ragnarok.Rusko
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-03-26 17:40:00  
50 tp penta thrusts again... come on SE you guys gave damn sams sekanoki which is a mini 2 hour. gimme back my 50 tp pentas!

Or if you guys are just in the business of breaking dd jobs, why not let my thf wear byakko's haidate.

Oh wait whats that se? you guys are making rdms wear KO and haidate? so in other words rdm was the dev's favorite job and just want everyone to rdm burn everything.

(no not literally. rdms arent wearing that ***. but honestly.... would any of us be suprised if they did?)
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-26 17:43:20  
I would like to see:

1. Massacre Elegy
2. Requiem accuracy/potency fix

That is all^^
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-26 17:44:00  
RDMs dont need more, but they WILL get more. NIN on the other hand is probably gonna lose an utsu soon, or it will cost 1 Shihei per shadow. It's funny to watch jobs die out. ^^

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Haseyo said:
Aledacia said:
Haseyo said:

Yeah, I gotta admit I *** LOVE Chocobo Jig, when I'm not DNC I feel like I'm crawling lol

Yeah it would be nice to have like, "Chocobo Roll" for basic travelling, if SE won't let us use it during fights. lol
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 17:46:02  
Anye said:
Give SMN more summons, too! I know they've been pining away for a new one. :)
 Shiva.Whitejune
サーバ: Shiva
user: Whitejune
By Shiva.Whitejune 2009-03-26 17:49:33  
i wouldn't mind the movement speed roll for corsair, been saying it since i started playing the job, i hate running everywhere. maybe they should give a Haste roll aswell. We have Refresh,Dispel might as well gives us haste too.

I know a lot of people would like more avatars. we were talking in ls earlier to just update the smn job to where it doesn't cost mp to have them out, but only when they do an ability.

I also wouldn't them giving Drk something like haste. Absorb-Haste, slowing the enemy down and we haste up. so tired of being such a slow-***.

Read they were going to give Whm some new abilties and spells. Esuna one of them.
 Phoenix.Miemo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-26 17:52:10  
Ninja should get a DRG update. a.k.a make Mijin Gakure a 20 min skill and give them a new 2 hour.

Or at any rate give them some sort of JA that help them keep hate w/o having to sub /WAR for provokes, /DRK for enfeebles (with a extremely small MP pool) etc.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-03-26 17:53:43  
LOL that'd be se's awnser to te blink tank.
 Phoenix.Miemo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-26 17:58:49  
Btw this whole Stoneskin with cure thingie kind off opens up a wider selection of subjobs for melee's.

As of now /nin us used primarily for a DD just to stay safe. Give them a cure if hit and they stay safe a little longer. Will we see more /mnk now? o.o

Edit: Damnit Posted in wrong thread, what I get for talking in 2 at the same time -.-

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 18:01:07  
I doubt they will give CORs new rolls.

The reason why is as such: What jobs would they name them after?

Every single roll has a job named after that. The reason is so if you have that job in the party, the roll becomes stronger.

If there are no more jobs to make rolls from, where can the new rolls come from?

Solution: Make another 20 rolls.

Problem: Some jobs already are maxed on stats from the rolls (I.E. Evoker's Roll: Gives Refresh, but there are already other rolls that gives pet attack/accuracy/magic attack/magic accuracy/etc already, so what can you give to Evoker's Roll 2?).

Now, if you can think up of 20 more rolls that give stats+ to specific jobs, without overlapping (i.e. don't give BLU roll 2 EXP+% in it) each other rolls, then maybe SE would have no excuse to make another set of Job rolls for COR.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-03-26 18:05:43  
Bart soloing blm is so relaxing never a PT to wait on usualy easy to find a dou partner when you get lonely

On topic i am anxious to try out all the new whm stuff although RDM = <3

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-26 18:26:45  
COR doesn't need speed enhancement rolls. If you look at the 2 jobs that have anything like it: BRD and DNC respectively, neither has any movement enhancing gear. You as CORs have Hermes' Sandles.. You can have that speed and not lose it when you're attacked or do attack unlike Mazurka and Jig.

Would be nice if MNK got something that let them target another with Chakra or and AoE Chakra. Though that would be broken, being able to remove blind/para/disease etc...

I would 75 BLM so quick if they ever finally gave it Ultima. But they would probably make it look really dumb or weak.. Death would be cool too.. Or stop.. /dreams on
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 18:32:02  
NIN needs a DD lift so DD NINs can proudly sport themselves.
SCH needs to be added to Zenith gear.
PUP... needs to be removed from the game...
BLM would be cool with some V and -ga IV spells... I mean, WHM gets Cure and Protectra/Shellra V.
RDM needs nothing.
PLD would be cool with some Defender abilities from FFTA.

EDIT: Odin and Alexander Summons for SMN!
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-26 18:33:27  
Bartimaeus said:
Does anyone else wish they would make a "Barrel Roll"?

It could even be legitimate, if not for my own amusement. :P

I lol'd so hard.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7