Job Adjustments And Additions: What Next? What Do You Hope For?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: What next? What do you hope for?
Job Adjustments and Additions: What next? What do you hope for?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Fiyerooz
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Fiyerooz
By Ifrit.Fiyerooz 2009-03-26 23:46:39  
Here is my little wishlist of fun:

PLD: Paladin's own provoke (not Flash)

Duel Wield on something other than NIN (as I personally don't like NIN at all) maybe let BLU have it also.

I know I'm just dreaming but can they make the BLU magic set points higher. Every other mage gets to use all of their spells whenever, and they just have to buy them.

And I would also like to see Parry/Guard/Shield skill-ups happen more like Evasion skill-ups as someone said earlier.

A guy can dream...
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-26 23:49:26  
Since I am a rng and I am selfish, I'm going to have to say giving Eagle Eye Shot a boost would be nice. My sidewinders and barrages hit for FAR more than my EES's. But when a mob EES's you, you are pretty much dead. Just a little boost? Pretty please?

Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

That reminds me...

Astral Flow boost (Yes, please).

I've never had AF out-DMG my LV70 Blood Pacts...
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-27 00:25:19  
Is what I'd like to see is a 2 hour makeover. How many times as THF I've been in an event, where you hear: "EVERYONE 2HR NOW!!" then, I look at my JA...and there's perfect dodge, (I feel like Meg, from Family Guy, in the episode where they all get mutant super powers that are cool, but hers...she can grow long fingernails../sigh.)
User submitted image
It's only good for saving my ***, which don't get me wrong, I've utilized it a lot, sack pulls, failed solo attempts etc. but it'd be nice to get an add effect, like how benediction became able to remove status ailments.

2Hr makeovers would include:

Perfect Dodge- 2yrs ago.. SE said they'd give it an AoE party effect to help out..

Azure Lore-SE got so damn lazy thinking of this 2hr, give it some kind of stable ground.
Might Strikes-For the love of god, give this damn 2hr an accuracy bonus.

Mijin GakureAnother 2hr only good for saving ones ***. I can't really recall a time when I've seen a NIN's Mijin Gakure save the day, unless they needed a quick warp home from a crappy exp party. lol

Eagle Eye Shot-Bat Eye Shot where? This thing has missed more than hit. Nothing better than having to rely on your sacred 2 hour ability.. and have it fail.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-27 00:26:09  
Fiyerooz said:
Duel Wield on something other than NIN (as I personally don't like NIN at all) maybe let BLU have it also.

If any other job deserves dual wield, it's gotta be thief. Dual daggers is like what a thf's all about...
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-27 00:59:54  
maybe they can fix where bst is in salvage.. give them ares instead of skadi lol i still dont get what they were lookin at when they put bst in the same category as thf rng and cor lol
 Bismarck.Kenage
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kenage
By Bismarck.Kenage 2009-03-27 01:14:11  
As far as they have said, adjustments will be for RDM's and SMN's

For summoners Blood pact related tweaks(distance & mp loss) and perhaps additional avatars.

It's hard to talk about RDM since the only think they said is: "we want the option for RDM's and WHM's to move to the front line a bit", probably "stances"(like those just revealed for WHM), probably a fight stance and a casting stance.

What I'm very concern about is the merit adjustment that they talked about, if they just raise the combat merit cap to 28~32 I swear my orgasmic reaction will be epic!

Ken.
 Phoenix.Miemo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-27 01:22:51  
Speaking of Combat Skills. Why the H**l is it limited to choices? It's been way to long since ppl had only 1 job at 75. Most ppl I know have atleast 2. Some have in the range of 5-10. (Some even have Maat's Caps).

They should make this category fully meritable. Since you can only use 1 weapon at a time anyways. (Not counting /ra) Only reason you merit a weapon is so you actually CAN hit a hnm, not wiff wiff wiff it for 10 mins, get 100 tp - and miss the WS...
 Seraph.Majique
サーバ: Seraph
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-27 01:29:12  
gunblades added to game (specifically for cor but useable on other sword jobs), bardarkness/ra, barlight/ra, enspell II's, whm hastega as the new lvl75 spell, meteor and ultima spells for blm, new blu spells preferably multi hitters, new avatars including nonelemental avatars... hell even avatar emotes lol
but wish in one hand and ***in the other though
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-27 01:33:25  
Speaking of weapons, they should have introduced a Whip for PUP and other pet based jobs..
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-27 01:34:51

This isn't FF8 =/
 Seraph.Ryuhayabusa
By Seraph.Ryuhayabusa 2009-03-27 01:37:06  
Herme's Sandals EDIT: +SAM
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-03-27 01:47:22  
Judging from what I saw on WHM spells, SCH is getting Regen III and *possibly* Cure V as an addendum spell.

Something I've been wanting to see on PLD for a while is a spell that works like SAM body. More TP when hit.

SE seems to have a hardon for making offense and defense modes on the same job. WAR, then SAM, then SCH, and now WHM.
 Seraph.Majique
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-27 01:52:24  
sorry for having shared a "wishlist" then. XP
whips wouldve been fun lol bst could have a field day, so could dnc for that matter :D
 Phoenix.Miemo
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-27 01:58:29  
Who needs a whip?? *Whips his tail* Lalalala.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-27 02:06:12  
Wouldn't it be sick, if BLM could team up, to cast a spell only accessible by BLM when they "Team up" like a Tier V spell, or AM3, or even spells that don't currently exist for players (Meteor, Ultima, Demi). It would work like a trade function with BLM the spell would be a boatload of MP, and more BLM can jump in on the spell to be more potent. I.e you have BLM Bob, BLM carl, BLM Julie, and BLM Steve., Bob, and Carl team up and simulcast Ultima, meanwhile Julie and Steve Simulcast to cast Meteor, or all 4 can Simulcast Ultima or Meteor. But none can cast them single. Also, this would work great for mixing spells and create new ones. Like BLM Steve teams up with Julie, Julie Selects Blizzard IV, Steve Selects Aero IV and it makes Blizzaga 3, or something neat.(I told Sage Sundi this while he was smoking at fanfest 2 years ago, he told me he loved the idea, but haven't seen anything from it since. lol)

I've also thought it would be neato for crafters to be able to link up, and co-craft things, a 100Leathercrafter and 100Clothcrafter team up to make signed HQ items that end up in treasure pool or something then they can cast lots, and decide what to do with the items. Then also allow to make it double signed. [Jay][Silentbob]
 Bismarck.Kenage
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kenage
By Bismarck.Kenage 2009-03-27 02:17:26  
Whenever this "wish list" threads appear, most feel annoyed by radical ideas and some other come in words like " we don't need that" or "that will destroy the balance!"

But one thing is sure, every time I read throw one of this thread I realize how much potential this game still has.

And that's awesome =D

Ken.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-27 02:27:55  
Blu spells would be nice, or just fix Asuran Claws and change it's SC properties (so it can close darkness from expiacion). And yeah, fix Azure Lore, it's so useless.
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-27 03:53:11  
lol dancer with whip XD maybe give them black leather gear too lol
as for smn blood pact tweaks im hoping means new blood pacts and not just for new avatar :D
and for rdm.. what do you give a job that can already solo everything >.> lol
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2009-03-27 09:26:27  
While it does seem the updates may go to BLMs and RDMs from the photo earlier... I think that SE should give updates to balance underused jobs, like how they fixed DRGs and now they're awesome in 55+ parties vs Birds.

I've just returned in Jan after 2.5 years away, and I've heard a lot of "Pup sucks" mentality, though I don't understand it (I'm open to hearing why though). So that might be an area to look at.

Also, SMNs definitely need something. A job should never be invited due to its subjob (/whm) being more important. SMNs need some means of being Summoners in their exp parties and not just backup healers. So I think an update that brings about a feel of "Ooh a SMN is seeking, grab them!" rather than "Well no WHMs around but there's a SMN" would be helpful as well.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-03-27 09:50:35  
ummm im just gonna go on a limb and say this....PLD reraise at like lvl 10, because thats when your gonna start needing it -.-
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-27 09:56:52  
Wth I want a whip >.>

I think they should def pump up the 2hrs of other jobs a little more also. Nothin like busting out mighty strikes and missing every hit :x
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-03-27 09:59:16  
Kiriyu said:
Wth I want a whip >.>

OK so im now paranoid of A walking out of my moghouse in sandy or B ever visiting your MH
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-27 10:02:40  
Rowland said:
Kyaaadaa said:
PUP... needs to be removed from the game...

^

Honestly, PUPs are useful. I don't have it unlocked, but I took a couple of chances with them in the party.
When I was the only healer in a party as a WHM, they are a beautiful assistance for cures, with nearly infinate MP.
When the party was at bird camp, the RNG PUP was great at doing pretty nice damage and when he took hate, I didn't have to cure him.

The problem I see with some of the PUPs out there is mainly this:
Individuals take down and tarnish the reputation of the good PUPs out there.

People say, "lolPUP" when you see one roll in with gimped out gear and a vastly undergeared automaton.
My point is, a properly geared PUP is not "lol", give it a chance.

On topic, I am eager to see the changes to WHM, and looking for changes/upgrades to RDM and SMN.

~Yote
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-27 10:07:48  
Juggalo said:

I've just returned in Jan after 2.5 years away, and I've heard a lot of "Pup sucks" mentality, though I don't understand it (I'm open to hearing why though).

A meleeish type job that has access to mage gear (this is slightly improved with enki gear and some af2), low *** skill in its main weapon, high skill in a weapon it can't even use, very little control over the actual robot.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-27 10:09:50  
Yotevol said:
Rowland said:
Kyaaadaa said:
PUP... needs to be removed from the game...

^

Honestly, PUPs are useful. I don't have it unlocked, but I took a couple of chances with them in the party.
When I was the only healer in a party as a WHM, they are a beautiful assistance for cures, with nearly infinate MP.
When the party was at bird camp, the RNG PUP was great at doing pretty nice damage and when he took hate, I didn't have to cure him.

The problem I see with some of the PUPs out there is mainly this:
Individuals take down and tarnish the reputation of the good PUPs out there.

People say, "lolPUP" when you see one roll in with gimped out gear and a vastly undergeared automaton.
My point is, a properly geared PUP is not "lol", give it a chance.

On topic, I am eager to see the changes to WHM, and looking for changes/upgrades to RDM and SMN.

~Yote

All jobs can be decent when pimped to hell, but a Pimp'd pup is still going to fall way short of another job designed to fill that niche. Pup is ok at a lot of things but master of nothing, which is a bad combo for a game that is about specialization.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-27 10:27:00  
Frobeus said:
Pup is ok at a lot of things but master of nothing, which is a bad combo for a game that is about specialization.

I wouldn't say the game is "about" that, I think the player base pretty much forces that viewpoint tbh. Everything's about absolutes to a lot of people, if you're a DD you better be doing mega damage, if you're a healer you better be doing mega heals, etc...

Personally, I like the flexibility of a hybrid class and being able to adapt to any situation, but the community as a whole lols at them...which is a shame IMO.
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-27 10:40:28  
Frobeus said:
All jobs can be decent when pimped to hell, but a Pimp'd pup is still going to fall way short of another job designed to fill that niche. Pup is ok at a lot of things but master of nothing, which is a bad combo for a game that is about specialization.

For DD, I would agree with you.
For healer type, I would disagree with you.
At level 68RDM, my party would not have been able to get 20k an hour without the added healing from this PUP.

You are right though, PUP is a very versitile job, like DNC.
However, when you are in a party that needs to focus on DD, it's a bit tough to keep up with such DDs as DRG, SAM, DRK, MNK and RNG.
~Yote
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
サーバ: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-03-27 10:40:48

I don't know why people keep saying "omg RDM doesn't need anything, they can solo stuff in this game bla bla bla" Yes; RDM did get some cool v2 merits, but when was the last time that job got an update compareable to what now other jobs are getting? Remember even if they can, doesn't mean they don't deserve new stuff. What about those ninjas or monks who solo stuff, i.e Serket(prerage?) and Genbu, not as hard as what some RDMs are capable of, but shall this be taken into action when giving them an update?

IIRC RDM had cure5, regen2 and flash in 2004/05, but they removed that also.

RDM was a strong job in the first place, but seeing as how other jobs get updates, I don't see any problems with RDM getting one to benefith them too.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7